What is going on between Baez and Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, but then again there are the jail records of telling him not to touch her and the news films of various hearing that show their body language and how he acted.
Telling him not to touch her? I never heard that. Do tell! :waitasec:

Interesting point. I wonder how ICA will turn on JB when this is all over? Can you imagine what she will be accusing him of? If I were JB I'd watch my back.

This is inevitable. When Casey is thrown away to the BIG HOUSE, allegations of JB's "misconducts" will be brought to light. Here is the thing. Even though it has been well established that she is a pathological liar, any allegations WILL be investigated. By the look of his competency, it will be looked into. She will have grounds. As a Socio-Narcissist, she will take him down for the count because she will be angry enough. He better enjoy the "FAME" while he has the chance. When this is all over, Casey AND the family will be all over him.

I would say yes, yes and yes, and this is a trick of many that know the system, fire the attorney and everything starts all over again. That was how Phil Spector stayed out of prison for four years, although I don't know if the trial has already started just how that might be allowed or not.
No, it would be up to the judge, and usually the judge will order said attorney to finish the case. Casey can't fire him in the middle of a trial. IMO

I agree. I would not be surprised and I think Baez is well aware of the possibility that Case may accuse him of inappropriate behavior or conduct...
In the past, the OC Corrections staff has warned Baez, iirc, 2x, of inappropriate touching when he visited her in jail....

Let's not forget the Licorice incident :crazy:

Yikes..this relationship is something very scary indeed IMO...first JB looks at KC as a "Meal Ticket" and KC looks at JB as her "Protector"..unfortunatately neither side of this relationship are being TRUTHFUL with each other..

JB would and ever will ask IF SHE KILLED CAYLEE as ethically he cannot claim certain things..nor put her on the stand..However, due to JB's behaviors in the past 3 years has been rather curious..was he trying to create doubts ( much like what LKB is doing now)...was he only in a self gratification mode to gain $$, didnt he really care about the true wherabouts?..JB has appeared to be in more a "Self Promotional" mode than truly trying to investigate Caylee's disappearance..course that JMOO

KC..what can one say..She does NOT give a CARE about anyone she cannot CONTROL..as long as her demands are met..she is all warm and sweet..BUT give her any friction..LOOK OUT!! Give an insight as to how CA and GA dealt with her during Jail Interview..More Info with honey ..but still we got a short view of KC's true ideations..in that last interview ( after 30 dayz in jail)..enough of this..SHE could NOT control things INSIDE she had to get out..Hang anything to do with WHY she was there in the first place??..

Bottomline..JB and KC..hummmm symbiotic..for separate reasons..I also suggest he never talks to KC again without someone else or video..and I think KC will accuse JB of something post conviction..JMO

Yes and everyone will believe Casey if she accuses JB because she is so honest.

I don't know if she'll be believed. But I bet a whole lotta folks will want to listen.

IMO, when she's convicted (bc I beleive she WILL be convicted of something) the members of the DT won't be able to get away fast enough. So in addition to being infuriated that she's convicted, she's *really* gonna be mad that "her boys" have deserted her and I expect Baez will be her next target (maybe deservedly so.) I could also see GA and CA signing up to go after him with her. It will not be pretty, but it will be interesting. MOO.

mabey she was never honest with jb ... mabey he thought she was

Naw...she has others in the wing....she has a staff of at least 5 attys.....the Judge wants this to keep moving...

Does anyone know if the court will appoint a lawyer for ICA for her appeal, or can she still choose her own lawyer when she isn't paying for him/her? Also, why can she have numerous lawyers when the state of Florida is paying for them, not her?

Wonder what ICA will think of him posing with those two women for pictures after court today. I don't have a link just saw it on tv earlier tonight.

You know I thought about this picture taking thing. Of all the trials I have followed and I have followed a few in my day,being a previous Court TV watcher, I have NEVER EVER seen an attorney leave the court room and walk down the street,there is always a car/cab to pick them up. IMHO JB/CM are doing this for media attention, and this trial has gone to JB's head. I think that CM/DS and others may have been designated to do some cross exam,but that JB has just taken the case over,he's running on something,I don't know. IMHO it's the old saying "Pride comes before the fall" :twocents:

Nothing. Harmless flirting. When you're thrown in with someone & have to be there, you behave cordially. If you really don't like or respect the person, you run quickly in the opposite direction as soon as you can get away from them.

I think when this trial is over JB will heave a huge sigh of relief & be glad he's done with her. IMO

mabey she was never honest with jb ... mabey he thought she was

Isn't that always the case? He will wake to a nauseating reality just like everyone else. She'll go after him, "absolutely".

eta: Unless he turns into a Howard Stern type of lawyer, LOLOL.

Isn't that always the case? He will wake to a nauseating reality just like everyone else. She'll go after him, "absolutely".

eta: Unless he turns into a Howard Stern type of lawyer, LOLOL.

I thought he already was :dj:

Does anyone know if the court will appoint a lawyer for ICA for her appeal, or can she still choose her own lawyer when she isn't paying for him/her? Also, why can she have numerous lawyers when the state of Florida is paying for them, not her?

With a death penalty trial, I am pretty sure there are a minimum number of attorneys a client needs, or perhaps a maximum they can have...one or the other, lol, so that they are as best represented as possible (double lol ). Maybe a lawyer can weigh in.

Also I believe the state will have to pay for all appeals if she is given the DP; that is why it can turn out to be more expensive for a state than LWOP, some say. She will likely get state attorneys for any appeals, in any case, since if she was deemed "indigent" once, she surely will be indigent once she is a convicted murderer. But I may look this up...am curious myself...

Based on KC choosing JB from the glowing recommendations of other jailbird criminals, AND on her jailhouse conversation with her parents where she tells them that SHE is JB's first priority, I'm guessing that Jose has learned how to
'work' the criminally narcissistic. It's possible he is just currying her favor enough to prevent the temper tantrums KC is famous for and to keep from being fired midstream. After all, sucking up is WAY easier than doing a competent job. Just my opinion.

ETA: I watched KC's face during the playing of the jailhouse visit with her father where he tells her about all the billboards, posters, etc. When the video reached the point where George told her he would do anything to 'change places with her', KC in the courtroom shook her head, looked disgusted, and mouthed what looked like 'that was a big lie'. After seeing that, I'm more convinced than ever she thought her father would go along with her lies to spring her and literally 'trade places' with her. I am SOOOO glad he did not. I hope they can all find happiness again some day.

Based on KC choosing JB from the glowing recommendations of other jailbird criminals, AND on her jailhouse conversation with her parents where she tells them that SHE is JB's first priority, I'm guessing that Jose has learned how to
'work' the criminally narcissistic.
It's possible he is just currying her favor enough to prevent the temper tantrums KC is famous for and to keep from being fired midstream. After all, sucking up is WAY easier than doing a competent job. Just my opinion.

ETA: I watched KC's face during the playing of the jailhouse visit with her father where he tells her about all the billboards, posters, etc. When the video reached the point where George told her he would do anything to 'change places with her', KC in the courtroom shook her head, looked disgusted, and mouthed what looked like 'that was a big lie'. After seeing that, I'm more convinced than ever she thought her father would go along with her lies to spring her and literally 'trade places' with her. I am SOOOO glad he did not. I hope they can all find happiness again some day.

BBM

Well, birds of a feather, and all that.

The state is not paying for her current crop of lawyers, they're all pro bono_On appeal I would say that the state would appoint lawyer's because she's indigent.

I think Jose is now getting paid the public defender wage; he had to stay on as her counsel but when she was declared indigent he could no longer expect private attorney wages. The others are pro bono.

It seems to me Baez is so over her; his body language looks like he can't wait to get away from her and he listens begrudgingly. She's been reading him the riot act lately and she gets nowhere. So I believe in the last few days she's gone back to trying to make him like her again by being flirtatious...eyes wide open, eyebrows raised, smiling, leaning in, hand under her chin like a school girl in love. She's done it a couple of times and I think she feels the chill and is attempting to reel him back in.

They totally deserve each other!!!! I thinks it's great.

Strike that Jose is getting paid...I'm not certain if he's getting paid or only court costs are paid by the state at this point. He does keep complaining about his per hour rate being something like $2 per hour - he was whining about it in pretrial hearings.

The state is not paying for her current crop of lawyers, they're all pro bono_On appeal I would say that the state would appoint lawyer's because she's indigent.
As soon as the trial is done, Baez and all those pro bono lawyers will be gone with the wind leaving Casey sitting all by her lonesome self with no one to "comfort her"... :boohoo:

I don't believe any of the lawyers are getting paid for their time now. Baez was paid up front with Casey's picture money and all the rest of them have either donated money to the "cause" or just come on board for "free" (publicity)... JAC won't pay them because Baez was paid up front, if I remember correctly.

Between these two, the thing going on is money.

AFAIK, no lawyer takes a case like this Pro Bono in the strictest sense. He is getting paid right now by the County. The expenses FAR exceed their salaries. They will work at a minimum salary, LOL, and extort...em..charge for their expenses. He just asked for money for more investigations last week. I bet dollars to donuts he is soaking the tax payers BIG time.

Casey paid him $200,000 at the beginning...when he sold the pics to ABC. I guess she didn't take the tax part out and now she owes the Gov. $68,000. Shouldnt Mr. Baez have been aware of taxes? Oh well, the Gov will never see that money now.

This case passed the 1M mark long ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back