Votes: 15 3.6%
  • Posturing for the Benefit of the Cameras

Votes: 254 61.5%
  • Reading Depositions Related to the Case

Votes: 35 8.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 109 26.4%

• Total voters
I personally think that a few of the defense team members may have went back and watched the videos of the first week of trial and realized that Casey was behaving in a manor that the jury would not like.

Casey would shake her head at very inappropriate times, times that would not fit well with their theory-like the jailhouse videos. Why would Casey tear up when George was speaking through the video, if in fact he had harmed her as a child to the point she and he covered up an accidental drowning?

I believe they had a come to Jesus meeting with Casey and told her to act the same in every single scenario, no matter what that may be because there is no way to defend her if she doesn't.

Least this is what makes sense to me, especially considering how she turns off and on as the jury enters and leaves.

I think that Casey is kept distracted with notepads and pens. I also think that she takes it seriously and considers it to be her job. She may be medicated. Who knows.

One of the oddest moments today was when Jose strode over to the defense table to get the dog handler book. It looked like Casey was reading it, or determined that she would be the one to hand it to him. D. Simms reached over to take it, too. It was awkward and the two younger members of the team seemed to be looking on this exchange sort of uncomfortably. Baez sort of whisked it away from her hands.(My take).

In case anyone is interested, this moment can be viewed on WFTV's website in Part 10 @ approximately 20:25.

Attachments

• Baez reaches for book.jpg
    Baez reaches for book.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 63
:waitasec: "PRETENDING"

ICA is "pretending" that she IS "important" while she sits at the DT ...

ICA is "pretending" to be "something" that she is NOT ... she still does NOT believe she is the "defendant" in her own trial ... "WHO ME" ??

Just like she "pretended" to have a "Nanny" for her daughter ...
Just like she "pretended" to go to work as an "Event Coordinator for Universal Studios" ...
Just like she "pretended" ... the list goes on and on and on ...

:cow:

Add extremely confident to the above that everyone is buying her lies. Sadly the only person confidently buying ICA's pretend world is ICA (at least since the trial started).

jmo

I think the prosecution is making a big mistake of not objecting to her "surfing". She could actually be communicating with LA and getting scoop on what CA and GA will further testify. All the way around, she is an inmate and should be treated as such.

You said it my friend. It's bad enough she isn't shackled but she's using the laptop, has her hands all over the table, etc. It's a security risk imo. Then they let her "hang out" with her team after the day is done...She's on trial for murder here, right?

It is my opinion that Casey is medicated to the hilt with psych. meds.
There were anectodal reports that she was on tranks as needed from the beginning of her incarceration.

Of course, no one is made of stone, and sometimes the meds. aren't strong enough to keep her anger from bleeding out..
I may be wrong, and I am pretty sure I am in the minority in my opinion about this, but I think she has been under Psych. care the entire time she has been in jail.. There was mention of them sedating her and moving her to the medical part of the facility when Caylee's remains were found.. I'm sure she didn't stay in medical, but I do think she is heavily medicated. IMO, her whole facial structure seems to have changed since the first jail tapes with her family. I think it's the effects of the meds. She has a very flat affect.
Meaning, she doesn't show much emotion. MANY psychoactive drugs produce this effect.

IF she is medicated, I'm glad. I don't want her to have outbursts or emoting. Just let her sit there. It really doesn't matter one bit whether she is " involved and engaged" or not.

BBM
Good catch!:computer: I'd like to know more about that!

At the defense table ICA is giving her very best impression of what a non-murderer looks like, unfortunately she is not a very convincing impressionist.

According to KC herself and Lt. Uncer, KC is not a pill popper. Well, she wasn't then, anyway.

She's not drugged up-I had to go with none of the above-

One part of her brain is busying her body with all sorts of useless stuff, she's antsy...the higher part of her brain is going "Oh crap." She knows she's in trouble. I don't believe she's as arrogant about it in her own head as some may think. I believe she knew she was in deep doo-doo at Universal, too, before they even got to the hall. Right now, she has the luxury of not being asked anything directly, so her adrenaline is not forcing her to make a move (lie). But when someone says something that really stabs at her directly, she gives the nasty glance because it comes dangerously close to putting her on the spot, the jury looks at her, etc.
She knows what she did, she knows we all know, if she could slither back to her cell and get away from us, she would. She is petrified of being confronted and she reacts with volatility when she is, whether it be cussing at her mother, lying to police (whom she knows not to cuss and yell at), or sneering at the witnesses.
But she can't leave, so she distracts herself, pretends to pay attention at times, and sits on pins and needles waiting for someone to bring her up. The dog stuff is easy for her to ignore. She could not ignore her friends and family talkng about her, she will not be able to ignore the crime scene photos, that someone found her handywork. And she'll become volatile once more. She acts entitled to never be confronted, but it doesn't mean she doesn't know that she will be.
She's gonna love prison, never any confrontation there, hey?

We've all been speculating on the live threads, so what about voting for what it is you think she's actually doing?

I vote for mostly pretending. I think some busy-work for JB is occurring, but mostly just sham performance. In her mind, I suspect she wants others to "pay no attention to that young lady at the DT table, she's not a defendant, just another member of the legal team."

I have a feeling that the daggers she's shooting at LDB are less on account of the reality of the situation, and more out of her jealousy that LDB is actually a competent, successful woman, in contrast to a convicted felon and liar standing trial for murdering her child.

She's working. Absolutely. Exactly.

That said, she does have a right to assist in her own defense whether she is guilty or not. But I too think it's busy work to keep her from bothering the other attorneys and to put some kind of animation into her soul forsaken face. I highly doubt she can get onto the internet, or if she can her access should be limited. We don't want to add any appellate issues, right?

It's still on my mind that Baez is doing everything he can to give KC the ability to appeal her conviction - due to bad counsel. The other lawyers seems to be in on that.

The defense's case is going to be long and exasperating IMO.

I would assume that using an electronic device in a manner that would allow for communication to anyone outside her own defense team would be prohibited. That would be a secuity issue. However, for instance, reading a Word file that her attorneys allowed her to read should be fine.

I suspect that the laptop that sits sort of in front of Baez/Casey, is streaming the trial, so that both Baez and Casey can watch themselves. Casey likes to pretend, and I think she's pretending that she's a celebrity. I see her as a monster.

:waitasec: "PRETENDING"

ICA is "pretending" that she IS "important" while she sits at the DT ...

ICA is "pretending" to be "something" that she is NOT ... she still does NOT believe she is the "defendant" in her own trial ... "WHO ME" ??

Just like she "pretended" to have a "Nanny" for her daughter ...
Just like she "pretended" to go to work as an "Event Coordinator for Universal Studios" ...
Just like she "pretended" ... the list goes on and on and on ...

:cow:

Posturing for the Benefit of the Cameras is how I voted but this option wasn't available....I so wholeheartedly agree...this is the 'great pretender' we see in front of us..she has a pretend life, pretend friends and now is pretending to present herself as an attorney...:loser: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Honestly I think Casey is playing on the internet. Checking out facebook, reading blogs about HER... I know they have WiFi in the court room and I think she sit's there and plays on the internet.

I would assume that using an electronic device in a manner that would allow for communication to anyone outside her own defense team would be prohibited. That would be a secuity issue. However, for instance, reading a Word file that her attorneys allowed her to read should be fine.

I suspect that the laptop that sits sort of in front of Baez/Casey, is streaming the trial, so that both Baez and Casey can watch themselves. Casey likes to pretend, and I think she's pretending that she's a celebrity. I see her as a monster.

Sounds plausible....KC seems to be treating this trial as if it's some sort of reality show, starring herself: The Casey Show! All the crying is just for show, imo. The anger, though, I feel is genuine. She is SO angry she got busted. She is SO angry her "beautiful life" got interrupted. She was SO nervous and animated when the subject of the cadaver dogs came up; I found that very interesting. She sat there like a slug for days, until they started discussing dogs sniffing around in the backyard. It's like she came out of her coma or something! It was very telling...imo.

And she's SO two-faced: when the jury isn't in the room, she's flirty and animated ... the jury files in and she gets all serious and pouty. She can flip it on and off like a switch. Cold blooded and calculating. I wish the jury could see THAT.
:twocents:

According to KC herself and Lt. Uncer, KC is not a pill popper. Well, she wasn't then, anyway.

She's not drugged up-I had to go with none of the above-

One part of her brain is busying her body with all sorts of useless stuff, she's antsy...the higher part of her brain is going "Oh crap." She knows she's in trouble. I don't believe she's as arrogant about it in her own head as some may think. I believe she knew she was in deep doo-doo at Universal, too, before they even got to the hall. Right now, she has the luxury of not being asked anything directly, so her adrenaline is not forcing her to make a move (lie). But when someone says something that really stabs at her directly, she gives the nasty glance because it comes dangerously close to putting her on the spot, the jury looks at her, etc.
She knows what she did, she knows we all know, if she could slither back to her cell and get away from us, she would. She is petrified of being confronted and she reacts with volatility when she is, whether it be cussing at her mother, lying to police (whom she knows not to cuss and yell at), or sneering at the witnesses.
But she can't leave, so she distracts herself, pretends to pay attention at times, and sits on pins and needles waiting for someone to bring her up. The dog stuff is easy for her to ignore. She could not ignore her friends and family talkng about her, she will not be able to ignore the crime scene photos, that someone found her handywork. And she'll become volatile once more. She acts entitled to never be confronted, but it doesn't mean she doesn't know that she will be.
She's gonna love prison, never any confrontation there, hey?

Great Post!!!:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I don't believe that she is medicated, IMO she displays a variety of emotions in court, I have observed her giggling, laughing, smiling, pouting, show anger, argue with her counsel and cry, her stoic look is on display for the jury only.

If ICA is in fact a sociopath no amount of psychiatric drugs will help her overcome this specific condition. Meds are reserved for people who actually need them for some specific psychiatric condition, such as bipolar disorder or ADHD etc...
Her behavior in court mimics her interview with Melich and 911 calls, she's cool and emotionless.

I want to further add that she does Not strike me as the anxious type, once again refer to her demeanor during the interview and 911 calls and the following 31 days after the death of her child, she boozed, partied and sexed it up, where was her anxiety then?
Would an anxious person leave their car that smelled like death out for others to find with no fear of being discovered?
Sorry I call BS on that.

Posturing for the Benefit of the Cameras is how I voted but this option wasn't available....I so wholeheartedly agree...this is the 'great pretender' we see in front of us..she has a pretend life, pretend friends and now is pretending to present herself as an attorney...:loser: JMHO

Justice for Caylee

:great: BBM: the 'great pretender' reminded me of the song from the Platters ...

Yes ... I'm the "great pretender" ... Just laughin and gay like a clown ... I seem to be what I'm not, you see ...

I think she's pretending and I think she's loving it. Afterall, she's famous now! She's a celebrity! Look at all of these people here for ME! Look! I'm on TV! It's all about meeee!! Me, me, me!!!

I want to further add that she does Not strike me as the anxious type, once again refer to her demeanor during the interview and 911 calls and the following 31 days after the death of her child, she boozed, partied and sexed it up, where was her anxiety then?
Would an anxious person leave their car that smelled like death out for others to find with no fear of being discovered?
Sorry I call BS on that.

JMO: Do you think she experienced anxiety in the moments or time it took to hide/dispose of her child's body?

JMO: Do you think she experienced anxiety in the moments or time it took to hide/dispose of her child's body?
It's possible however that does not meet the definition for someone suffering from an anxiety disorder. I would imagine that she felt fearful of being discovered with or disposing of Caylees body, that's not anxiety.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back