What Is the Defense Strategy #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so right ! Every time I feel a twinge of anxiety that they have hit on some method of bamboozling a Jury I say to myself "Self, this is JB and CM you're talking about- what have you seen so far in their court appearances that makes you worried?" . hmmm Nothing.
JB would have to borrow a neuron from CM in order to have two to think with and CM is so past it he doesn't even know he's past it.

BBM...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Good post!!

Everytime you have doubts or worry remember it is exactly what the Defense wants. That outta snap ya out of it. It's Defense spin and certainly the time when a Defense Team steps it up :maddening:

The Defense are busy trying to humanize ICA ... She can be bright and likeable and still a killer. They are not mutually exclusive and given her sociopathy as a chameleon it is the deceptive likeability that makes her so dangerous ... Just don't cross her. I am sure Caylee loved ICA unconditionally but the spite monster ended that.

CMason is alluding to an awful accident...I wonder if the jury would consider it an accident once they see the duct tape over Caylee's skeletal remains. If it truly were an accident, why didn't ICA call 911...why did she evade her parents during those critical 31 day lapse of alerting anyone to an allegedly missing child...

I don't see how anyone could believe that theory..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

CMason is alluding to an awful accident...I wonder if the jury would consider it an accident once they see the duct tape over Caylee's skeletal remains. If it truly were an accident, why didn't ICA call 911...why did she evade her parents during those critical 31 day lapse of alerting anyone to an allegedly missing child...

Justice for Caylee

Yeah, I agree. I don't see the jury buying an accident. But I am thinking the DT is pushing for an accident plea with the state. I think that is why CM is bringing it up. And I think that is why they are pushing for the no-video-release to the public but OK to the state.

The Defense are busy trying to humanize ICA ... She can be bright and likeable and still a killer. They are not mutually exclusive and given her sociopathy as a chameleon it is the deceptive likeability that makes her so dangerous ... Just don't cross her. I am sure Caylee loved ICA unconditionally but the spite monster ended that.

And trying to humanize ICA while making CA and GA the real monsters. Could be a strategy. Try to make the jury pity Casey and hate the parents.

Justice for Caylee

There are two ways they can go with that:

1) They can say chloroform, duct tape and KC's trunk were a frequent babysitting team used by KC many, many times successfully, with no death. When she tried it this last time, it resulted in the accidental death of Caylee.

The problem with this risky admission is that she would certainly be charged with criminal neglect, child abuse, and, at the very least manslaughter. But, it would explain all of the evidence.

The dancing, boozing, screwing and tatooing (lol Mr. Lejame!!!) would be explained by saying she was deathly afraid of CA and GA because KC was such and abused little waif for all of those years (yawn), and she just couldn't face those big, bad meanies.

2) KC found Caylee after a drowning accident. She changed her clothes, tried to call parents and got no response, so she staged a kidnapping.

I am not too sure the chloroform could not be an artifact from evaporating chlorine in a person's hair mixed with decomp, so a jury might believe it. I wish we had an expert here who could tell us if chlorine plus decomp could produce chloroform, but, oh well.

The 31 days could be explained as I did above - scared of abusive George and Cindy, weak, frightened, L O V E L Y little KC, blah, blah, blah...

Either way, they will say it was just too darned late to call 911 because the child was long gone.

So, why get in trouble with mom and dad when you could party instead?

Justice for Caylee
I don't see how they can make any of her actions after this alleged accident seem reasonable. The defense theory has to be one that presents a reasonable doubt to the jury. It's much more reasonable to come to the conclusion that everything she did after Caylee died was to ensure total decomposition and obliteration of evidence before she was found. They begged her at Universal to admit to an accident but this was too early, too early as the location would have to be disclosed and all that evidence would have been found. How are they going to get around the fake phone call from Caylee? Oh, don't look for her, she's fine... I talked to her just today. Or, I talked to Zenaida once and she never did tell me why Caylee was no longer in Orlando. And on and on she goes biding her time (literally counting the days), and throwing everyone off course while evidence was lost.

31 days... she knew just how long Caylee had been gone. Not the date she lost her but how many days it had been. Did she research rates of decomposition too?

1) They can say chloroform, duct tape and KC's trunk were a frequent babysitting team used by KC many, many times successfully, with no death. When she tried it this last time, it resulted in the accidental death of Caylee.

The problem with this risky admission is that she would certainly be charged with criminal neglect, child abuse, and, at the very least manslaughter. But, it would explain all of the evidence.

The dancing, boozing, screwing and tatooing (lol Mr. Lejame!!!) would be explained by saying she was deathly afraid of CA and GA because KC was such and abused little waif for all of those years (yawn), and she just couldn't face those big, bad meanies.

2) KC found Caylee after a drowning accident. She changed her clothes, tried to call parents and got no response, so she staged a kidnapping.

I am not too sure the chloroform could not be an artifact from evaporating chlorine in a person's hair mixed with decomp, so a jury might believe it. I wish we had an expert here who could tell us if chlorine plus decomp could produce chloroform, but, oh well.

The 31 days could be explained as I did above - scared of abusive George and Cindy, weak, frightened, L O V E L Y little KC, blah, blah, blah...

Either way, they will say it was just too darned late to call 911 because the child was long gone.

IMO the 31. days / accident made to look like kidnapping ... because she was afraid of her parents PALES in comparison to the fact that Caylee was DEAD/TOSSED LIKE GARBAGE not MISSING!
whomever is responsible or knew and allowed LE and EVERYONE else to believe Caylee was missing, and let all that time lapse hoping the remains wouldn't be found need to be held accountable.
An accident. does not ease my mind in the least Caylee had been dead for 31 days! It should have been reported not covered up.
:cow:

BBM
Your number one above would result in an aggravated child abuse resulting in a death charge or felony murder. Much more serious than manslaughter and carries the same sentence as premeditated murder. That won't work so well for "MOTY".

As far as number two goes there was no chlorine in the Anthony's pool. Even if there was and it could mix with decomposition to form chloroform it would not be found at the level it was found in that trunk.

She is so sunk. :behindbar

I do not understand why posters are suddenly showing such distress about what the DT is up to because of a flurry of pre-trial publicity.

Suddenly we seem to think there are secrets, conspiracies and who knows what else - and don't you get it?

This is exactly what the Defense wants - to start reasonable doubt. Hello? A little sashaying to the left and a little doe-si-doeing to the right and suddenly it was a "tragic accident - very unfortunate" - from Cheney Mason of all people! And suddenly we are talking about it and believing it is CA and GA who are setting it up? C'mon!

If posters are this easily swayed at the eleventh hour by a pile of chit placed in our path by the Defense, well then I guess ICA IS going to walk out that door. We've fine toothed combed this evidence for more than two years and remained convinced we know who the guilty party is.

What's going on? The Defense has no more this week than they had last week as they have had for the last four years. Nada - but a few ludicrous theories they are prepared to float. If the DT really does read here - I'm certain they are high-fiving around saying "hey! we finally found something that is working"

Of note, CM made a visit to ICA the other day - his SECOND one this year. Wow. And he reads blogs - :seeya: Hi Mr. Mason!

Good point. It's out of sight out of mind. The SA has been so quite and all we have seen in the news is the DT. As soon as we start hearing the SA present it's case we will all be back on track.

I said that in partial jest but I do have the feeling when he talks and rambles that he is in the early stages of Alzheimers and is not aware.

Having just gone through this with my dad, I agree with you. I have to wonder if all of his "hearing loss" and clowning around is really a cover for what he knows is a problem.
There are many types of dementia,with short term memory loss being so prevelent the term Alzheimer's is often the initial diagnosis.It could be vascular dementia ,with small strokes,or any number of things,but I do think CM may have a problem.

True story /OT : with our last adoption we returned to the lawyer who handled our prior adoption.Both had some issues that complicated the procedure,but due to our child's medical needs we were anxious to complete the adoption quickly so we could make his medical decisions.

Months went by and our lawyer seemed to forget some of the facts in our case. My husband noticed the retainer check was never cashed. He called the lawyer who said " Oh,it's still sittin' here in my drawer.I have that Oldtimers,you know"

Well,since we were dealing with my dad ,who had early dementia ,I freaked. No way could we depend on this lawyer to finish the adoption.
I called another well known adoption attorney ,who knew our attorney well.
I explained the situation and he ,of course ,was very concerned.Word spread throughout the local legal community.

After some back and forth our original lawyer called my husband to clarify .Well,egg on my face,he was just using a figure of speech and was just fine.
Of course we continued with our original attorney,and I brought a copy of Alzheimer's For Dummies,as a parting gift after the adoption hearing.:redface:

IMO the 31. days / accident made to look like kidnapping ... because she was afraid of her parents PALES in comparison to the fact that Caylee was DEAD/TOSSED LIKE GARBAGE not MISSING!
whomever is responsible or knew and allowed LE and EVERYONE else to believe Caylee was missing, and let all that time lapse hoping the remains wouldn't be found need to be held accountable.
An accident. does not ease my mind in the least Caylee had been dead for 31 days! It should have been reported not covered up.
:cow:

And why sit in jail for THREE years waiting to tell this story if it really was an accident? Could have just said so when she was first arrested and never "gone home" again if she was so afraid of her parents.

watching the videos on TRU/IN Session right now. The first call home tape is AWESOME. I know this is not new, but hearing it after talking about the "accident theory" or GA did it theory, really puts me at ease that KC will NOT be walking anywhere other than down the hall to her cell for LIFE, if she is lucky.

BBM
Your number one above would result in an aggravated child abuse resulting in a death charge or felony murder. Much more serious than manslaughter and carries the same sentence as premeditated murder. That won't work so well for "MOTY".

As far as number two goes there was no chlorine in the Anthony's pool. Even if there was and it could mix with decomposition to form chloroform it would not be found at the level it was found in that trunk.

She is so sunk. :behindbar

Just curious, how could there be no chlorine in a pool in Florida in the summer? My pool would be green and nasty overnight if I didn't keep chlorine 24/7.

Just curious, how could there be no chlorine in a pool in Florida in the summer? My pool would be green and nasty overnight if I didn't keep chlorine 24/7.

No they used a form of bactine or some other non chlorine germ killer that was not chlorine based - I've forgotten the name of it, but I'm sure some other poster can tell you what it is called.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all about Casey holding something over their head because imo she was, definitely. The statement she made about not saying anything either. However, for me it really is as simple as Caylee was what she had to hold over her parents head(are you a grandmother with a daughter similar to Casey?) and not saying anything was referring to her keeping her yap shut and not further incriminating herself. I still think the A's submissive behavior was due to knowing Casey so well and they knew she'd threaten to just not speak to them as she eventually did do. In one jailhouse video she made the threat when she didn't like the questions so they kissed her behind real quick. An accepted way of life for these people. How bad it had gotten even SP told LE. If GA tried to intervene it looks like she had no problem getting CA to kick him out. MH verified the tactics Casey used on her parents. I guess I could go on and since there are countless instances so I'll stop there. Casey is a drama queen as it is and now wants to be playing the role of victim so....

Bold by me

I agree. I think the statement about not saying anything was just KC telling her parents she was being a good little girl in jail and not yapping about the case without her attorney present. Nothing more.

Does anyone have a clip of this statement though? From what I remember, she said it with a smirk and lightheartedly. There was no deep, dark secret she was swearing to keeping for her parents. If it was a serious moment, KC would have done her deep, serious voice while wrinkling up her forehead and shaking her head 'no.'

Bold by me

I agree. I think the statement about not saying anything was just KC telling her parents she was being a good little girl in jail and not yapping about the case without her attorney present. Nothing more.

Does anyone have a clip of this statement though? From what I remember, she said it with a smirk and lightheartedly. There was no deep, dark secret she was swearing to keeping for her parents. If it was a serious moment, KC would have done her deep, serious voice while wrinkling up her forehead and shaking her head 'no.'

I so-o-o agree!! Been saying this from the first - GA was ex-LE and knew the detectives might "trick" her into a confession - I am sure her parents told her not to talk to the police until she had a lawyer.

Just curious, how could there be noo chlorine in a pool in Florida in the summer? My pool would be green and nasty overnight if I didn't keep chlorine 24/7.

:waitasec::waitasec:
I heard Baquacil? I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute