What Is the Defense Strategy?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike his daughter, GA reacts when someone talks about his dead granddaughter. You can see the difference. GA is grieving still. KC never has. jmo

Correct. And that is exactly why they need to offer up this theory [ bogus as it is] of PTSD. It states that the 'victims' of PTSD do not visibly react to emotional situations because they are 'emotionally paralyzed.' They cannot access their emotional reactions so they are blank.

I edited my post to show they issued a denial. Of course the DT can say even though they denied it, it is still true. Who wouldn't deny such a thing?

LA never said anything about GA being abusive. He did say he was pretty sure GA was an a$$ to ICA when he caught her with the gas cans but he never alluded to any physical abuse. Plus, ICA screamed at GA about acting like a cop and he left the house. That does not sound like GA was in a power status above ICA. She ruled the roost with CA IMO.

quote=katydid23;6257490]George is the PERFECT patsy for SODDI

--He is ex-LE so he would know how to set someone up.
--He has a bad temper.
--He had that weird suicide 'attempt.
--He had keys to the car that Casey used.
--He was the last one besides Casey to see the baby.
--He has been accused in writing of possible sexual abuse, and did not deny.
--He had access to the materials in the dump site.
--He knew about the place Casey used to dump her dead pets.
--He was recently 'set up ' by Baez and discredited.
--He made weird statements about 'smelling' his little granddaughter.
--He was the one telling LE about the car smell and had the first access

Bold Mine! GA did not attempt suicide. You DON"T call every one and tell them your plans AND you don't call your Mistress to come join you! All that was, was a ploy seeking attention. Well, he got it so boo hoo! :banghead:

I have a bridge to sell for those that buy his story.....

LA never said anything about GA being abusive. He did say he was pretty sure GA was an a$$ to ICA when he caught her with the gas cans but he never alluded to any physical abuse. Plus, ICA screamed at GA about acting like a cop and he left the house. That does not sound like GA was in a power status above ICA. She ruled the roost with CA IMO.

But if they go with the child sexual abuse scenario then LA won't be able to confirm or deny it. Plus he will be accused as well so there will be questions about his honesty because of that.

And sexual abuse is a secret night time thing. Even if CA was in control of the house for the most part, things can happen in the middle of the night when she is asleep, or at work.

[ Not that I believe it, but I do think they will attempt the accusations.]

Bold Mine! GA did not attempt suicide. You DON"T call every one and tell them your plans AND you don't call your Mistress to come join you! All that was, was a ploy seeking attention. Well, he got it so boo hoo! :banghead:

That's why I put 'attempt' in parenthesis. I know it was bogus, but the DT will still put it out there, imo.

lol Tulessa thats what I agreed, there was something weird about it but I dont know what

Haven't we all gotten a good look at the capabilities of SA and the defense this month. SA appears to be very confident and are well spoken, have their ducks in a row. Defense can't seem to control themselves, losing their temper in court, making snide remarks to SA, arguing with the judge, threatening the judge and just generally coming unglued. Trial is only 6 weeks away and they are desperate and it shows, big time. jmo

Oh here we go! The bus is heading for GA!! The defense intends to call Sharon Cadieux according to the motion up-site. According to a quick google search, she was a protestor involved in a shoving match with GA.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7480096...ing-Motion-for-Leave-For-Additional-Witnesses

http://www.wftv.com/news/17393803/detail.html

They are going to say ICA was physically abused, no doubt.

2011.03.22 Defense Motion Clarifying Motion for Leave For Additional Witnesses
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7480096...ing-Motion-for-Leave-For-Additional-Witnesses

The Defense is asking to add Sharon Cadieux and Patricia Young -- both women were involved in the George shoving incident and filed battery charges Sept 7, 2008.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/08/9-7.battery.report.pdf

And then .... we have the angry George shoving his own father through a glass window/door at their auto dealership in Ohio ....

And .... now we have the Defense scrambling to add "state of mind" experts to their witness list ....

Let 'em try to pin it on George. I'd love to read that 8-page "suicide" note. <drool>

Okay so I have been looking at MM's (:great:) motions he kindly added to day.

The Defense has asked to add two witnesses to testify as to ICA's psychological "state of mind" - and they are Dr. Weitz and Dr. Danzigar.

Neither of these good Doctors have supplied a report as of the date of these motions.

Soooo, the Defense clearly states Dr. Weitz will testify in the penalty phase, but I'm not clear when Dr. Danzigar will testify - does anyone know for sure?

As far as being concerned about Dr. Weitz in the penalty phase - my response is <Yawn> cause I can't find a case showing the jury puts any weight to the "soft" stuff during the mitigation phase. There must be one but I haven't found it yet. The jury "acknowledges it" but does not give it "weight". If Dr. Danzigar is also testifying in the penalty phase - I will sleep much better tonight than I did last night after reading Paintr's contribution re PTSD..... that did give me the "worries".

Haven't we all gotten a good look at the capabilities of SA and the defense this month. SA appears to be very confident and are well spoken, have their ducks in a row. Defense can't seem to control themselves, losing their temper in court, making snide remarks to SA, arguing with the judge, threatening the judge and just generally coming unglued. Trial is only 6 weeks away and they are desperate and it shows, big time. jmo

But we still should be a bit concerned and here is why. My dad was a defense attorney for many years. I used to work with his firm when I was in college. One of the most important elements in defense is in jury selection. My dad hired experts in that field who would sit and watch the jurors being questioned and then send my dad notes about who to kick off. He wanted the most liberal jurors politically, and the youngest and the most minorities he could keep on.

When he could have a jury like that then he could more easily convince them of police misconduct, unfair treatment, conspiracies, and just plain old
'side with the suspect' because he is the real victim of society here.

If Baez can get some jurors like that then he can try and convince them of his silly theories. There are plenty of people out there who dislike LE and who would be quick to believe that they were suspicious here.Bae4z is counting on that.

There are also plenty of potential jurors who will LIKE Baez for spouting off and smirking. They will not be able to understand the scientific evidence, but will be swayed by Baez's ridiculous tactics. Sad but true.

What is the Defense Strategy?

I am sorry to all posters, in my other posts, that I was fooled/tricked by my own imagination...that they, the Defense, actually had one. Other than...STALL...STALL...DELAY...THROW out a JUDGE...and try to throw out another one...and all of the citizens who might possibly hear this case. I would say that the stuff WE HAVE NOT seen must be so bad...so damning that her attorneys are working overtime (by that I mean filing late lame motions) because stalling...stalling...stalling would enable them to attack the Florida Sunshine Law. (Ironic how Caylee so loved the moon (the sun's opposite) that she would beg GA to take her out to see it at night..and he did.)

It is all for not. The hellhounds have Casey's scent. It doesn't matter how successful nor unsuccessful the defense motions may be. When a person does what ICA has done (MOO) there is no bargaining or pretending like you are crazy...or having someone else say you are a little off...once the hellhounds have your scent it is a done deal.

Period.

Let 'em try to pin it on George. I'd love to read that 8-page "suicide" note. <drool>

Eight pages is kinda :waitasec: isn't it? I've had two close friends die by their own hand - one said "sorry, please forgive" and the other one said " I have to go, my life will never see the sun, don't cry and I will see you on the other side one day".

They both did complete it and both notes were pretty brief. Of course the notes may have been therapy to "talk himself" out of it?

quote=katydid23;6257490]George is the PERFECT patsy for SODDI

--He is ex-LE so he would know how to set someone up.
--He has a bad temper.
--He had that weird suicide 'attempt.
--He had keys to the car that Casey used.
--He was the last one besides Casey to see the baby.
--He has been accused in writing of possible sexual abuse, and did not deny.
--He had access to the materials in the dump site.
--He knew about the place Casey used to dump her dead pets.
--He was recently 'set up ' by Baez and discredited.
--He made weird statements about 'smelling' his little granddaughter.
--He was the one telling LE about the car smell and had the first access

agreed for all the reasons above. I dont believe he did it and that suicide attempt stuck out for me too, but I think youve hit the nail on the head by pointing out how you think the defense is going to try this they're looking for reasonable doubt and if they can get someone to agree well.... god knows it, doesnt bear thinking about.[/QUOTE]

It all makes sense re GA as a defense theory up until you get to one key point. Jurors are NOT stupid. Everyone has been expecting GA to attempt to fall on his sword to take the blame for KC from day 1. GA really is a lousy liar. Any attempts along these lines are completely transparent as what they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenOfPain