What is your #1 indicator that Terri is *NOT* involved in Kyron's disappearance?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is your #1 indicator that Terri is *NOT* involved in Kyron's disappearance?

• no evidence pointing to her

Votes: 33 12.6%
  • Kaine's lack of suspicion for weeks

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • good demeanor reported by all who saw her that day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nobody saw her leave school w/Kyron

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • no evidence in the truck/LE didn't impound

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • always took such good care of Kyron

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I haven't seen anything that makes me think she is not guilty

Votes: 121 46.2%
  • I haven't seen ANYTHING that makes me think Terri is guilty.

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • haven't seen any solid evidence

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • The improbable complexity of the plan that she would have had to carry out.

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Pretty much all of the above!

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • She failed LD. Test and never fought accusations against her

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But in the same interview, Kaine said, "In the first couple weeks, and well into this week as well, we've had a lot of hours where we've spent with investigators."

I got the impression when I saw this interview that Kaine was getting a lot more information than Desiree was from LE. It makes sense because this interview was done the day before the whole MFH and R.O. thing blew up, so Kaine was getting quite an earful at the time.

I agree that Kaine may have been given info, e.g., regarding the alleged MFH, that Desiree was not given. Desiree would not have had a legal need to know. It's unclear when Kaine was given that info. Some articles indicate it was not until the Saturday he left, but if you watch interviews on that Friday, the day before, there are indications in what he says - and doesn't say - regarding Terri, that he may already have had some knowledge.

But... the post I responded to stated a belief that Desiree also had been given info, and that's what I was replying to. :)

I couldn't even vote on this, anymore than I could on why I think she is guilty.. My suspicions is that she is guilty JMO>> (Kaine wanting a divorce and taking everything out from under her, and I think this disruption was going on in the household for some time, although Kaine says every thing was normal,) They all need help..!!

But in the same interview, Kaine said, "In the first couple weeks, and well into this week as well, we've had a lot of hours where we've spent with investigators."

I got the impression when I saw this interview that Kaine was getting a lot more information than Desiree was from LE. It makes sense because this interview was done the day before the whole MFH and R.O. thing blew up, so Kaine was getting quite an earful at the time.

I guess when I think back to when I first heard that, I realize I understood that to mean that he was saying they were interviewed a lot of hours by investigators. Interesting!

I just happened across something in the Dateline transcript, Steadfast. May offer a bit more info for us. Looks like LE talked to Kaine about the MFH on Friday, after the Today Show interview, according to this.

On the TODAY show on Friday, June 25th, Desiree held her tongue, and Kaine defended his wife.

KAINE HORMAN: She, like the rest of us, is extremely committed to finding Kyron, and she's working extremely hard with investigators, as are the rest of us, to help bring him home.

But by that weekend, a bombshell landed in Kaine's lap, turning his world upside down and causing him to fear for his daughter's safety. According to Kaine, police informed him of something that prompted him to flee his home with his young daughter, Kiara. The next day, a Saturday, more turmoil at the house, 911 calls from the home

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports

I just happened across something in the Dateline transcript, Steadfast. May offer a bit more info for us. Looks like LE talked to Kaine about the MFH on Friday, after the Today Show interview, according to this.

On the TODAY show on Friday, June 25th, Desiree held her tongue, and Kaine defended his wife.

KAINE HORMAN: She, like the rest of us, is extremely committed to finding Kyron, and she's working extremely hard with investigators, as are the rest of us, to help bring him home.

But by that weekend, a bombshell landed in Kaine's lap, turning his world upside down and causing him to fear for his daughter's safety. According to Kaine, police informed him of something that prompted him to flee his home with his young daughter, Kiara. The next day, a Saturday, more turmoil at the house, 911 calls from the home

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports
bbm

Makes it seem as though Desiree didn't agree, but if you watch the video, she nods in agreement when Kaine makes that statement.

I am not convinvced that she is entirely innocent, but I would like to see some hard and true evidence...obviously they don't have enough or they would have arrested her by now.

Kaine bringing up the security at the school (or lack thereof) in a recent article and Dede indicating that LE kept questioning her, wanting her to say what they wanted to hear...both of these things, along with Mr. Turf Tech, make me nervous about LE.

bbm

Makes it seem as though Desiree didn't agree, but if you watch the video, she nods in agreement when Kaine makes that statement.

Interesting how the reporter said "she held her tongue" (which implies biting back words), yet the video showed explicit agreement (DY nodding her head) with KH's statements

This is why, IMO, it's important to watch the videos, and not rely on a reporter's interpretation.

Kaine bringing up the security at the school (or lack thereof) in a recent article and Dede indicating that LE kept questioning her, wanting her to say what they wanted to hear...both of these things, along with Mr. Turf Tech, make me nervous about LE.

I'd add to that that what Dede said specifically that LE wanted to hear was "that Terri did it or that Terri knew something". It scares me that this may indicate that as recently as Dede's LE interviews, LE doesn't know whether Terri "did it", or that Terri only "knows something". Or whether Terri is involved at all, and they were just fishing. I'd feel more confident if Terri were named a POI or suspect, but after all this time... she's not.

I think we've passed the point of no return. LE isn't going to admit it may not be Terri, nor do I believe they'll look in another direction unless and until Kyron is found and evidence points to someone else abducting and killing him, or that person confesses. They have far too much invested in this theory, they're not going to back away from it.

I believe he is dead, and I just have a sinking feeling that LE has been barking up the wrong tree. Terri is going to be indicted and most likely convicted, guilty or not.

The problem is that we don't know ALL the evidence in the case. We only know what's been said by the immediate family and some media reports. How can anyone make a determination on anything without having the full set of facts?

Yes, TH looks hinky for this. That's based on what we've been told by people other than LE. But remember, we don't know everything...and believe me, LE is not going to tell us.

So to make definitive statements about what person x or person y did based on media reports...well, that's just not good enough as an 'armchair sleuth.' I've gotta have access to the evidence as contained in the police files.

quoted from Kyron's schoolmate interview:

8-year-old TP, a desk mate of Kyron says, "I went downstairs, and that was the last time I saw him and I never seen him after that," TP told KOIN news. TP said, the class was regrouping and it was the substitute that noticed Kyron was missing.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says TP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss Porter assigned kyron into the volunteer's group along with 5 other students.

Imo, If Miss Porter KNEW kyron left with terri she would not have assigned kyron into this volunteer's group of kids and she would not have told the the volunteer kyron may be in the bathroom.

After the volunteer notified Miss Porter that kyron was missing and when kyron never returned from where Miss Porter THOUGHT he was is when I feel that Miss Porter decided Terri probably took kyron to his dr appt with baby k.

I was looking at the Portland Public School System website and came across interesting information about recording absences and the teachers responsibility in reporting them.

bbm...

D. Recording Absences: Absence of whole days or part days shall be reported in accordance with instructions from the office of the superintendent and in a manner compatible with State requirements.

1. School staff will accurately enter absences into the electronic student information system.

2. Absences are unexcused unless an excuse is received from the parent/guardian prior to the absence, or within three days after the return of the student to school or class, and falls within excusable absences as determined by the district.

3. Verbal communications from the parent/guardian explaining the reason for the absence shall be recorded on a log and become part of the attendance records to be retained for three years.

more at link http://www.pps.k12.or.us/files/board/4_10_012_AD.pdf

If you look at the statement from TP, the "sub" asks about Kyron and the teacher responds that he's in the bathroom, or whatever.

Then the sub says that she is leaving. Leaving to where?

We know from reports that Kyron never made it to his classroom that day.

So the sub was not leaving for the day, having completed her group tours as we know that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

Kyron was not in her group, or she wouldn't have left without him. The statement makes no sense whatsoever.

I think we've passed the point of no return. LE isn't going to admit it may not be Terri, nor do I believe they'll look in another direction unless and until Kyron is found and evidence points to someone else abducting and killing him, or that person confesses. They have far too much invested in this theory, they're not going to back away from it.

I believe he is dead, and I just have a sinking feeling that LE has been barking up the wrong tree.
Terri is going to be indicted and most likely convicted, guilty or not.

I have been afraid of the portion that I bolded for quite some time now. I worked trying really hard to avoid accepting that as my personal truth. It is however, what I believe at this point, although I am open to evaluating further information as it becomes available to the public.

That last sentence is something that I don't want to accept at this point. To me it means that whoever is responsible for Kyron's disappearance is never going to be brought to be justice. While I know that LE's tunnel vision prevents that from happening. TH's conviction, if she is innocent, makes that conclusion so this whole tragedy so final.

As it is now, I can still hope that if TH truly is innocent there is a possibility, no matter how small, that I'm wrong and that LE is and/or has been investigating other leads and the person responsible could be be brought to justice.

And if any one is interested... as of now so far 114 Websleuthers who have voted in this poll do NOT think that Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance based on various indicators. 108 'Sleuthers that have voted so far in this poll don't see any indication that she is innocent.

Last time I counted on August 13 the total was 87/102.

However, this time I counted I noticed that one of the options, 'She failed LD. Test and never fought accusations against her' seems to be an indication that TH is involved in Kyron's disappearance. So the adjusted total for that is 112 TH is not involved and 110 that she is involved. Sorry that I did not notice that before.

Something has been really bugging me. Can anyone please tell me to what advantage TH's has in revealing the RO to MC and why would they copy it and who would "they" send it to? The only thing that this drew out was the MFH "conspiracy" but more so for me, the failed LE sting. JMO

I think MC might have taken a photo to share with someone in the media.

I think that there is a TON of evidence that we don't know about . There was no Amber alert, no reward, no description of possible stranger perps, and no be on the lookout for people that may exhibit certain characteristics.

I think LE knew something right away.

No, many kids have disappeared with no evidence. Look at Debra Pscholka from the 70's. This most likely was a stranger abduction or someone who knew Kyron casually in the community that no one would suspect. No evidence and lots of witch hunting. I can't believe the way the media has been outright slandering her.

Something has been really bugging me. Can anyone please tell me to what advantage TH's has in revealing the RO to MC and why would they copy it and who would "they" send it to? The only thing that this drew out was the MFH "conspiracy" but more so for me, the failed LE sting. JMO

Since he also looked up Kaine's new address, (which they got from the unredacted papers) (*doh!!*) I assumed a nefarious reason. Either going there to "steal" baby K back, or perhaps to do the job the landscaper couldn't or wouldn't do.

It probably wasn't so they could send him flowers.

Mooo...

If you look at the statement from TP, the "sub" asks about Kyron and the teacher responds that he's in the bathroom, or whatever.

Then the sub says that she is leaving. Leaving to where?

We know from reports that Kyron never made it to his classroom that day.

So the sub was not leaving for the day, having completed her group tours as we know that Kyron never made it to his classroom.

Kyron was not in her group, or she wouldn't have left without him. The statement makes no sense whatsoever.

I am so behind on this case due to a fundraiser that I just completed last weekend. So, I'm not picking on your post, just trying to catch up bit by bit. I don't understand what you mean exactly. Was the "sub" - who of course we know was actually a parent/volunteer chaperone - supposed to stick around after the classroom tours?

Let's say this happened as TP described, they came back from the tour and the chaperone expresses concern that Kyron was not with her. The teacher, Mrs. Porter, jumps in and says that he might be in the bathroom or getting a drink. So, the teacher who is the one who is supposed to be in overall control of the situation (not the chaperone) makes this statement sounding as if it's alright, she has things under control and probably even indicates that she will go check on him. Why would the parent chaperone not have left?

I guess you are thinking that a chaperone would have stuck around until he was found and that would have been great. But, I think it is possible that a chaperone would have felt ok leaving if they got an indication from the teacher that she would handle things, especially if that parent/volunteer had to go somewhere (like work, for example). Personally, I would have stuck around and waited until the situation was resolved. So, from that perspective, I can see what you're saying or thinking. But, not everyone is like that, imo.

eta (in response to an older post): I didn't follow the Somer Thompson case, so I don't know the specific details that might have allowed them to make an exception regarding the Amber Alert. I have seen exceptions made from time to time and it is odd, I guess, why it happens in some cases and others not. Sometimes it might just be that a family has good connections or the right person pulling for them and can get past the general Amber Alert guidlelines. It could also be that the definition of when to use an Amber Alert varies from state to state and/or is allowed to be interpreted differently on a local level.

I am not convinced of Terri's guilt or innocence at this point in time. I do wonder though why total focus is on her and now DD? Either LE know a lot more than they are letting on, or there is something else going on. They have not even named TH & DD as POI's as far as i know. This is such a strange case, but as i said i do really wonder why everyone is so obsessed with TH & DD? There could be other scenarios or explanations as to the times they were both unaccounted for that day. Is it because TH was the one that took Kyron to school on that day? We aren't even really sure at this point if TH was actually the last person to see Kyron. I don't think anything about this case is really clear, there are a lot of conflicting things going on though. I also feel just because TH is the SM, that is a big reason for people looking at her so much, above all else. I wonder if there would be more empathy toward her if she had of been Kyron's bio mom, and what people would be saying about her then?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back