What Kind Of Defense for Casey in a trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No judge would allow you to present that defense without proof that George was actually guilty of molesting Casey.

It was allowed without proof in Susan Smith's trial - her stepfather abused her or so she said.

I think that Casey / when she goes to trial / will blame someone for this - IF the body is found. If she can't blame it on a mysterious nanny, she'll pick a family member and say she's been covering for them all along... THAT'S the big reason she's not talking... :sick:

I agree.

The only question is whether CINDY or George would stand for this? They can barely contain themselves when someone steps on the stupid lawn.... how will they handle THIS type of 'assault?'

It wouldn't matter how they felt about it. If they protest, that might actually help the defense because they would be expected to say that it's not true.

It was allowed without proof in Susan Smith's trial - her stepfather abused her or so she said.

I think that Casey / when she goes to trial / will blame someone for this - IF the body is found. If she can't blame it on a mysterious nanny, she'll pick a family member and say she's been covering for them all along... THAT'S the big reason she's not talking... :sick:

I agree.............the Susan Smith trial was different in that her stepfather did not have access to the children the last day they were ever seen. George did........establish the motive and then show the opportunity.

Did we ever find out if there was any life insurance on Caylee?

I agree.

The only question is whether CINDY or George would stand for this? They can barely contain themselves when someone steps on the stupid lawn.... how will they handle THIS type of 'assault?'

They'll blame Baez, NOT their daughter, for getting her to come up with an alternate defence for reasonable doubt. Seems like a pattern to make excuses for her behavior.

Obviously it didn't work real well for Susan then. I didn't follow her trial so I don't know the circumstances under which that testimony was allowed. Casey could claim that George molested her but she could not claim that he was tempted and finally succumbed to molesting Caylee. Not unless she says she actually witnessed the act....and then where would that leave her?

Turbo, is this a continuation of your theory? If so, you might want to include that info, as someone may read what you wrote as fact, and then there'll be a gazillion posts asking you to back up your statement.:crazy:

Theory?? No, I don't think this is at all what happened...... this is what I would present as my case, if I were Casey's defense attorney.

Obviously it didn't work real well for Susan then. I didn't follow her trial so I don't know the circumstances under which that testimony was allowed. Casey could claim that George molested her but she could not claim that he was tempted and finally succumbed to molesting Caylee. Not unless she says she actually witnessed the act....and then where would that leave her?

You know if these are the things we can think of, can you imagine the sick ideas Casey has already come up with? Her whole life is nothing but lies so I don't even think we can fathom what stories she's capable of creating.:eek:

(re: susan smith - she never accused him of killing her kids, just molesting her. which caused her 'illness' to do what she did).

Since she is such a liar, she could just make up another story that she caught him at sometime in the past............and he threatened Caylee if she told, so she was getting out of there. I don't have all my defense ready......geeshhh it takes months to put fill up the "holes"........:crosseyed:

Yes, but would they ALLOW this defense to be used or would they sabotage it to protect themselves?

The more they tried to sabatoge it, the more guilty they would look. They have done enough already to make normal people wonder what is going on.

You know if these are the things we can think of, can you imagine the sick ideas Casey has already come up with? Her whole life is nothing but lies so I don't even think we can fathom what stories she's capable of creating.:eek:

(re: susan smith - she never accused him of killing her kids, just molesting her. which caused her 'illness' to do what she did).

The fact that she tells so many lies is exactly what would make the jury question her claims that George molested her. If she says it's raining outside the jury will jump up to look out the windows for themselves. Casey isn't going to admit guilt so she surely isn't going to blame someone else for making her commit the crime. She can't say, "I didn't do it and my dad made me".

Since she is such a liar, she could just make up another story that she caught him at sometime in the past............and he threatened Caylee if she told, so she was getting out of there. I don't have all my defense ready......geeshhh it takes months to put fill up the "holes"........:crosseyed:

Heres a hole... "KC had to get out of jail the first time cause of safety for family and Caylee, if she was so scared of GA why would she agree to bond out to that house under house arrest with GA there 24/7"...Sorry jus helpin' out:)

The fact that she tells so many lies is exactly what would make the jury question her claims that George molested her. If she says it's raining outside the jury will jump up to look out the windows for themselves. Casey isn't going to admit guilt so she surely isn't going to blame someone else for making her commit the crime. She can't say, "I didn't do it and my dad made me".

Very good point Chilly - I think back to SP's trial and how terrible the prosecution made him look with all his endless lies............. Amber AMBER I'm at the Eifle tower, AMBER...

Wouldn't fly with me as a jury member. If Casey's defense is that she took Caylee from the house to protect her, where is Caylee now? Why the story about the nanny?

Very good point Chilly - I think back to SP's trial and how terrible the prosecution made him look with all his endless lies............. Amber AMBER I'm at the Eifle tower, AMBER...

Oh yeah, the jury was rolling their eyes and even laughing at him at times. He had absolutely no credibility and neither will Casey.

Do you really think she ditched the car with the body hidden in it? Why would she have precisely hidden the body and ditched the car? For the body only to be found?

You could go with my GEORGE DEFENSE........or you could go with she left it there thinking someone coming to a check cashing place needing money would steal it.

You could go with my GEORGE DEFENSE........or you could go with she left it there thinking someone coming to a check cashing place needing money would steal it.
I don't understand your GEORGE DEFENSE. If Casey removed Caylee from the home because George threatened her, how did Caylee end up dead in Casey's car?

You have to read the whole George defense scenario.
Here it is.........

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69939

I did read it. You said in a later post, when I pointed out that Casey couldn't claim that George molested Caylee unless she said she witnessed it herself - which would get her into trouble for not reporting it - that Casey took Caylee from the home to protect her from George. So, where is Caylee now?

Even using your original GEORGE DEFENSE, if George killed Caylee and Casey was aware of it but covered for him, that won't make her a sympathetic character to a jury. Not only did she not report George for molesting her daughter but she also covered for the murder?

I really don't believe a judge would allow you (as Casey's attorney) to create a defense accusing someone else of commiting various crimes without evidence and facts to back up those accusations.

I did read it. You said in a later post, when I pointed out that Casey couldn't claim that George molested Caylee unless she said she witnessed it herself -

Oh please, lets not go THERE!

Are you kiddin me?

They have enough on her, TRUST ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads