What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And it will be popping up again! JR has his fictional book coming out.

That's the only part I like about his new book. LOL. I wonder what shows John will be doing interviews on to promote it? One of the morning shows had JMK's girlfriend on back in early 2010 so I'm sure they would have no problem having John on the show. I wonder if John would go on Nancy Grace? Haha. I actually can't see him going anywhere near her show...

Just to show you how sick some of these "pageant moms" really are- it has been in the news that a mother admitted to giving BOTOX injections to her 8 year old daughter as well as waxing her legs. The child did not ask for these treatments, but said she "saw wrinkles" and didn't like hairy legs.
Botox is a TOXIN. It is a serious bacterial toxin and when not administered properly, can have serious or even fatal reactions. She hoped to give her rather plain-looking daughter an edge. Google it. Tell me if I am wrong.
News updates have said the girl has been taken from her mother. I hope so.

Not to be mean, but when it comes to these pageants no one wants to talk about the "gorilla in the room". The "gorilla" is that many of these sweet little girls are NOT all that pretty. SOME are, some are cute and some are modestly talented. See them in 15 years and they will look just like their mothers- obese, homely women. I am not trying to me mean- I watch those kiddie pageant shows once in a while (like a train wreck- you have to look). Rarely do you see a mom who would be considered beautiful. And all the botox in the world will not cancel out heredity.
JB was a beautiful child. Had she not died, possibly some commercial or print work would have been in her future, but I didn't see a "Shirley Temple" phenomena there.
I think the pageant moms get WAY too carried away with what they feel is in store for their daughters. Some are downright delusional.

botox is used on children medically for things like spastic muscles from cerebral palsy,however,I wouldn't dare think of using it for an aesethetic,non-medical reason like a child pageant!

JB was a beautiful child. Had she not died, possibly some commercial or print work would have been in her future, but I didn't see a "Shirley Temple" phenomena there.
I think the pageant moms get WAY too carried away with what they feel is in store for their daughters. Some are downright delusional.

I don't think Patsy was trying to make JonBenet into some child star. She never took JonBenet to auditions and she didn't get JonBenet an agent. There's no proof that they were considering the Shirley Temple route. I do believe that Patsy wanted JonBenet to be Miss Teen USA and continue on to Miss America, but the pageant world and Hollywood are separate from each other. The ironic thing is that JonBenet is probably more well known now than she would be if she had won Miss Teen USA or had even become a child actor/model since most people can only name the really big ones like Shirley or Dakota Fanning.

This is from the FB page of a 4-year-old who is huge in the pageant world right now:

Eden is an up-and-coming model and actress who truly commands a room! Together with her mom, Mickie, they helped create the most popular Toddlers and Tiaras show to date! She also has a book, doll, two hit original songs (available on iTunes) a line of limited edition canopy beds and clothing! Keep up with Eden and Mickie by becoming a fan today!

I don't want to be defending Patsy but she never showed that much delusion. Mickie seems to think that Eden is already famous. Also, Eden isn't really what I would consider beautiful. It might have to do with her having too much of a baby face. This is going to sound mean, but what is mom going to do if she still has a chubby face as a teenager?

eden.jpg

I agree about the pageant world and Hollywood being somewhat separate, but there have been a few Miss Americas who have crossed the gap. Very few.
Patsy wasn't pushing her into "show business" per se, but what lies at the end of the pageant rainbow for someone like Patsy? Miss America is the brass ring, to be sure, but what is the aftermath of that? Fame? A rich husband? A job as a TV anchor or reality star? I mean, I can count on one hand the names of former Miss Americas I can actually say are household/worldwide names.

I have not heard of Eden outside of this forum. So much for her being a household name. She may be a star on the pageant circuit, though.

Actually, I just went and Googled her (Eden Wood). She looks VERY different in candid photos than she does in her photoshopped publicity photos. She is adorable, to be sure, but looks like a lot of chubby, cute blonde little girls. And yes, she too will look like her mother when she grows up.
Make the most of your "worldwide fame" while you can, Eden!

I agree about the pageant world and Hollywood being somewhat separate, but there have been a few Miss Americas who have crossed the gap. Very few.
Patsy wasn't pushing her into "show business" per se, but what lies at the end of the pageant rainbow for someone like Patsy? Miss America is the brass ring, to be sure, but what is the aftermath of that? Fame? A rich husband? A job as a TV anchor or reality star? I mean, I can count on one hand the names of former Miss Americas I can actually say are household/worldwide names.

I have not heard of Eden outside of this forum. So much for her being a household name. She may be a star on the pageant circuit, though.

If JonBenet were to win Miss America, she would have lifetime household name recognition in the pageant world. The general public might not know the names of former Miss America's but I'm sure that everyone in the pageant world does know their names. Also, the girls who compete in Miss America are all in college (the winner gets a scholarship) and they have to have good people/social skills. Even if JonBenet didn't become a huge celebrity after winning Miss America, she would probably still have a bright future ahead of her.

You had to know, that I would have an opinion on this (LOL.

Child pageants are kin to pedophilia and *advertiser censored*. When I watched that child singing about shaking her booty, while dressed like a Burlesque performer, in a crowded mall, I saw red. Its not natural and there is nothing beautiful about it. Its disturbing and freakish.

Its child abuse and the fact that it is allowed to go on is a travesty and a sign of the sad world we live in. PR bleached her childs hair, that was cruel and abusive. Botox, Really lady and your child is still in your home? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Child beauty pageants should be stopped and thats my heart felt opinion...

You had to know, that I would have an opinion on this (LOL.

Child pageants are kin to pedophilia and *advertiser censored*. When I watched that child singing about shaking her booty, while dressed like a Burlesque performer, in a crowded mall, I saw red. Its not natural and there is nothing beautiful about it. Its disturbing and freakish.

Its child abuse and the fact that it is allowed to go on is a travesty and a sign of the sad world we live in. PR bleached her childs hair, that was cruel and abusive. Botox, Really lady and your child is still in your home? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Child beauty pageants should be stopped and thats my heart felt opinion...

I don't like pageants but JonBenet was singing "Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree" for her mall performance and I'm pretty sure that song has nothing to do with shaking your booty. And I don't think the costume JBR wore was something a Burlesque performer would wear:

l.jpg

Source: http://www.myspace.com/jonbenetpramsey/

I'm doing a Google Image search of Dita Von Teese and there's a big difference between her costumes and JonBenet's mall costume.....

I don't like pageants but JonBenet was singing "Rockin' Around the Xmas Tree" for her mall performance and I'm pretty sure that song has nothing to do with shaking your booty. And I don't think the costume JBR wore was something a Burlesque performer would wear:

l.jpg

Source: http://www.myspace.com/jonbenetpramsey/

I'm doing a Google Image search of Dita Von Teese and there's a big difference between her costumes and JonBenet's mall costume.....

Eileen,

I was talking about Eden not Jonbenet, but if you'll remember Jonbenet was dressed up like a Vegas show girl and thats Burlesqueish... She didnt just sing Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, in a cute little red outfit. But again, I was refering to Eden..

Eileen,

I was talking about Eden not Jonbenet, but if you'll remember Jonbenet was dressed up like a Vegas show girl and thats Burlesqueish... She didnt just sing Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, in a cute little red outfit. But again, I was refering to Eden..

My bad! I've never seen T&T so I'm not familiar with Eden's pageant routines. And yes, JBR's showgirl costume was extremely inappropriate...I would consider that costume raunchy if anyone under 18 under wore it due to its implications.

I have to weigh in as well, Agatha. I know a woman who has an eleven year old daughter. The first year of the girl's life was spent in pageants, but then as soon as the child could walk and talk, mom switched gears. This is when she had to have dance and singing lessons, which started a whole new thing. This 11 yo sings at every gathering, restaurant, rodeo, I'm sure you get my drift. She also does modeling, both print and runway. It's kinda funny and apropos that she's a model for American Girl dolls. Last week she modeled PROM dresses in a local magazine. Did I mention she is eleven yo? Her mom sent me several copies of the mag to give to other family members and as soon as I handed my daughter her copy she said "please tell Patsy Ramsey I said hello!" My point being that this little girl looked at least 18 yo in these photos. I honestly believe there is no way Patsy would have stopped at the pageant level, after all, JonBenet having to sing all day for her school is a sure indicator that Patsy wanted everyone to know how good her daughter was, not just the pageant folks.

I mean, what are you judging when you are judging a toddler looking and acting like that?

There's really no way to justify it. As a judge you are looking at them with hair and makeup prancing around in skimpy outfits. What else are you judging?

I've been following the botox mom thing while it's been on the news and thinking of JBR as well.

It does exemplify that world and the delusions that these moms are in, and the lengths they will go to, to get fame for their child.

I don't even know how any of it is legal: the pageant participation, the botox, the activities and physical things they do to the children, plus the mental and emotional 'values' they are teaching them.

Why is any of it legal?

Found this of Eden:

27728192.jpg

it's just wrong. wrong.

Do these little girls even have fathers?? My dad would have had a stroke if mom had dressed us this way for any reason! Forget about make up, I was 16 before I could even put it on.

I mean, what are you judging when you are judging a toddler looking and acting like that?

There's really no way to justify it. As a judge you are looking at them with hair and makeup prancing around in skimpy outfits. What else are you judging?

I've been following the botox mom thing while it's been on the news and thinking of JBR as well.

It does exemplify that world and the delusions that these moms are in, and the lengths they will go to, to get fame for their child.

I don't even know how any of it is legal: the pageant participation, the botox, the activities and physical things they do to the children, plus the mental and emotional 'values' they are teaching them.

Why is any of it legal?

that's a good question.it seems the laws in place for child welfare are very, very loose nowadays! as long as she's fed,has a roof over her head and clothes to wear and isn't in any physical danger then..that's good enough for cps.just look at octomom w those 14 kids.yrs ago they would have been removed from her care!

Eden looks like an Anna Nicole Smith in training. And we all know how that ended.
I don't like to see too much governmental (via laws) control over what a parent wishes to have their child participate in (with the exception of drug use and *advertiser censored*) but like with everything else - Little League, Soccer, Gymnastics, Ballet- some parents will always push it to the extreme to the detriment of the child.
These kids all have similar kinds of parents- the parent wants to see big $$$ come their way, and envision they have a "celebrity" in the making.
Celebre-tots like Eden can never recoup a lost childhood, and though she seems like she is loving dressing up, being surrounded with toys and other perks, she may have a hard landing one day IF and when she is no longer a child sensation if she even ever goes as far as becoming a "star". Sometimes they grow up pretty, sometimes they don't. When they don't it is a harsh awakening for them and these poor kids find themselves where they went "wrong". They didn't. Their parents did.
What I found especially sad in looking at Eden's photos is that her obviously photo-shopped pictures resemble her, but are NOT her. In person, her eyes are not the big "doll" eyes in the photos and her pretty blonde hair is just that- blonde hair. Not the big, overdone fake hairpiece - look she sports in pageants. It is almost like her pageant look is a 'costume" she puts on her BODY, and I don't mean clothing or outfits. I mean the hairpieces, flipper teeth, makeup, etc. And now it seems botox is he "thing" to do. Why can't these sweet girls just be accepted for what they are? It is as if they just aren't good enough, pretty enough, they way they are. And at age 4, 5, 6, 8 it is SO sad. It is sad at any age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth
Back