What Narrative Did The Ramseys Have In Mind Initially?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the flashlight was the bludgeon. It was already in hand or close by. I had over the mouth would not be as effective- basking her with a flashlight (or whatever was used) would **** her up immediately. The blow came from behind. The had over the mouth would be more effective from behind, too, bit it is still possible to scream through a hand over your mouth. The position from which the blow came indicates (to me, anyway) that there may have been someone else there too. (besides JB and whoever bashed her).

For the sake of discussion, I'll assume there actually was a scream, and that it was JBR screaming. I think the whole idea that she screamed is highly questionable, but we can return to that issue later, if desired.

The whole point of a "quick reflexive action" is that it isn't something deliberated. It isn't something done after careful consideration and weighing the pros/cons. It's something done in reaction. Quickly. Without much thought.

So, am I the only one who thinks a hand over the mouth is the most likely reflexive action that someone would take to stop the scream? A hand over the mouth would be possible only if her mouth were within hand's reach. So if the perp were near JBR, I'd opt for the hand over the mouth rather than grabbing some sort of instrument and rearing back and coming forward, as the hand over the mouth would be quicker, and IMO, more likely as a "quick reflexive action".

So, if she were clubbed, as a reaction to her scream, doesn't this mean the perp was far enough from the body that a hand over the mouth would have required some steps? IOWs the clubbing was done because it was quicker, given the distance from perp to victim?

Another problem, IMO, is that if activities were being engaged in, which might lead to a scream, why wasn't she gagged? (or was that what the tape was for? But if so, why did the tape fail to silence her?) If it was BR he may simply have failed to plan effectively. If it were JR, a gag might have transformed the scene form a "game" to something more sinister such that JBR was more likely to tell someone?

I'd be interested in your thoughts. Doesn't it seem that the perp must have been farther than arm's length if the blow was a reaction to a scream?
I can’t tell you why someone would hit her over the head instead of trying to cover her mouth. All I can tell you is that she was hit over the head, and I think it was to stop the scream. This might not have been the best option, certainly not the only one, and probably not something an adult would have done simply to silence her.

Being gagged, as you point out, would imply pre-planning. I don’t think the scream was expected. As this type of activity had occurred in the past, probably a scream did not happen on those occasions. But in this particular instance, it may have been an escalation (my guess), or it may have even been an unintended slip that caused more pain than there had been in the past.

The tape was staging. It was added after she was already dead.

I can’t tell you why someone would hit her over the head instead of trying to cover her mouth. All I can tell you is that she was hit over the head, and I think it was to stop the scream. This might not have been the best option, certainly not the only one, and probably not something an adult would have done simply to silence her.

Being gagged, as you point out, would imply pre-planning. I don’t think the scream was expected. As this type of activity had occurred in the past, probably a scream did not happen on those occasions. But in this particular instance, it may have been an escalation (my guess), or it may have even been an unintended slip that caused more pain than there had been in the past.

The tape was staging. It was added after she was already dead.

I think the tape was probably added later as well.

We can't disagree that she was hit on the head.

We'll have to agree to disagree that she was struck to keep her quiet. I'm not at all convinced there was any scream at all, as Melony Stanton had to be coached to come to that version, after initially stating the scream might have been "negative energy".

I have one question about the duck tape if used on JB,why is there no sign of residue from the tape...That as been on my mind...And I have to question the scream also...

I have one question about the duck tape if used on JB,why is there no sign of residue from the tape...That as been on my mind...And I have to question the scream also...

Investigators agree that the duct tape was put on when she was unconscious for sure, and possibly already dead. There was NO sign of movement of her tongue or lips against the tape, and a prefect set of her lip prints were on he inside of the tape. As to why there is no residue, it has been suggested that the tape may have been pulled off something else, lessening the stickiness.

We disagree.

Yes, the furrow is, but the white line below it is not. It disappears toward the back, and it is goes upwards from front to back. This is where the cord was when she died. The furrow was formed after the cord was attached to the paintbrush and the cord remained constricted around her neck while the neck swelled around it. That is why it is formed completely circumferentially with no “V” patterned absence.

Damage to the neck muscles is not something that has to happen when a ligature cuts off blood circulation to the brain. Damage to the hyoid bone is rare in an adult strangulation victim -- and almost unheard of in a child, because of the lack of fusion within its structure and the flexibility of the undeveloped bone. (If you doubt this, I'll look for the information I have somewhere on incidence rates broken down between age and sex of victims.)

This is simply your opinion, and not one that is supported by what you yourself say. If it was there to “mask prior neck contusions and abrasions”, it didn’t do it very well because, as you say, they are “plainly visible beneath the circumferential furrow”. How is that masking the injuries?

How, in this scenario, did her abuser “restrain her by the neck”, and what makes you think she somehow went into a coma? Do you really understand what a coma is?

So are you saying this is the same scenario as the other one except that the fight that “explains her other bodily contusions and abrasions” didn’t happen?

The blunt force trauma to her head is not fake. By itself, it alone would have eventually caused her death. So do you think that after going into a comatose state from some sort of neck restraint, and then being bludgeoned over the head, the person doing all this looked at a list and saw that ligature asphyxiation was the next thing to try?

So are you saying now that the sexual assault is what caused her to go into a coma?

With all respect, UKG, I don’t see how any of what you have outlined in your post is supported by the evidence or the autopsy. But if I misunderstood anything you said, please let me know.

otg,
If you consider that the version of events I outline is not supported by the evidence or autopsy, then I doubt you have misunderstood.

I'm trying to generate the simplest theory that accounts for the forensic evidence.

It need not be correct one, but any flaws might lead to a better theory. Its the sequencing of the head blow that seems out of place, particularly as means to silence JonBenet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24
Back