What others cases interest you as much as JBR's?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Madeline McCann. I wasn't here when that forum was shut down, and wish I had gotten to read it. Any suggestions for any others? Anyone allowed to say what happened with that forum?

Madeline McCann. I wasn't here when that forum was shut down, and wish I had gotten to read it. Any suggestions for any others? Anyone allowed to say what happened with that forum?

Funny you mention that case. It has similarity to this one. And lots of it unfortunately.

Good question....searching for information on Madeleine McCann was originally how I found my way to this site....and then there was nothing here.

Seemed like a reasonable oversight despite this place largely being US focussed.

Madeleine forum's was archived along with Natalee's. Both of those cases were very high profile, and Natalee went missing just 6 years ago, and 4 years ago for Madeleine so it's not like it's been decades or anything. I've wondered too why those forums were archived since I don't think it would be because of a lack of interest.

It's going to be weird when the Caylee Anthony forum gets archived considering how active it is. Laci's forum was archived shortly after her trial, so I would assume that Caylee's forum will follow the same pattern.

I hope this forum never gets archived. If it meant the case being solved, I'd be all for it but I doubt that will happen. This case still ends up in the national news whenever there's a development, and we're a pretty active bunch who can still find topics to talk about, so I'm not too worried.

As of right now, the JBR forum is probably more active (or just as active) as Kyron, Zahra, and Hailey's forums which is kind of sad when you consider that JBR's case is almost 15 years old, and the other cases I mentioned aren't even a year old and were getting hundreds of posts per day just a few months ago.

Casey Anthony, and before that Scott Peterson. Both because of their arrogance, and I want to see justice served the way it escaped JBR and Nicole Simpson.

I would also like to have closure in the cases of Ilene Misheloff, Natalie Holloway, and Maddie McCann...

I think there is still lots of interest in Madeleine's and Natalee's cases but a huge lack of new leads and information. JonBenet is practically the poster girl for internet crime forums and Tricia has said many times that JB is a big reason she purchased WebSleuths. I admire Tricia for many reasons but her dedication to JonBenet is absolutely wonderful (so is lots of others like DeeDee, Dave, Cynic, KoldKase, and RiverRat. I could go on and on...) I'm sure it's a tough decision when an unsolved case has to be archived. Glad I don't have to make it!

Madeleine forum's was archived along with Natalee's. Both of those cases were very high profile, and Natalee went missing just 6 years ago, and 4 years ago for Madeleine so it's not like it's been decades or anything. I've wondered too why those forums were archived since I don't think it would be because of a lack of interest.

It's going to be weird when the Caylee Anthony forum gets archived considering how active it is. Laci's forum was archived shortly after her trial, so I would assume that Caylee's forum will follow the same pattern.

I hope this forum never gets archived. If it meant the case being solved, I'd be all for it but I doubt that will happen. This case still ends up in the national news whenever there's a development, and we're a pretty active bunch who can still find topics to talk about, so I'm not too worried.

As of right now, the JBR forum is probably more active (or just as active) as Kyron, Zahra, and Hailey's forums which is kind of sad when you consider that JBR's case is almost 15 years old, and the other cases I mentioned aren't even a year old and were getting hundreds of posts per day just a few months ago.
Pssst... ( I might not supposed to be mentioning this, but I think part of the reason for those forums being archived was poster infighting). We still have a thread for Scott Peterson. There has been renewed interest in Natalie's case with the discovery of his victim Stephanie Flores.

Casey Anthony, and before that Scott Peterson. Both because of their arrogance, and I want to see justice served the way it escaped JBR and Nicole Simpson.

I would also like to have closure in the cases of Ilene Misheloff, Natalie Holloway, and Maddie McCann...

Hey LK! I know your'e really busy with the Casey Anthony case but drop in and see us every now and then. We miss you!

Poster in-fighting?
We'd never have any of that guff here! ;)

Seriously though, I think that's a bit like taking one's bat and ball and going home.
Not attempting to criticize Management or anything, but isn't that sort of what people in this JBR case did? People didn't like what they said, so they didn't share information etc?

Yes....yes they did.
Unproductive at best and doesn't benefit either side of the debate.

I shall step off my soapbox and go get my lunch now ;)

Poster in-fighting?
:slap::slap::slap::pillowfight::pillowfight2::pillowfight::ohwow::ohwow::lol::lol::giggle: I'll just say good-nite, llama. Sweet dreams.

Poster in-fighting?
:slap::slap::slap::pillowfight::pillowfight2::pillowfight::ohwow::ohwow::lol::lol::giggle: I'll just say good-nite, llama. Sweet dreams.

You forgot one Beck... :bigfight::bigfight::bigfight::bigfight::bigfight:

Thanks Agatha! Dont know how I missed that (I just love that trout).

I only follow JBR. Kyron Horman is up the road from me so I get all the info available locally. Terri Horman is another one that pegs my hinky meter. We'll see what happens there. The stories out here are heartbreaking and I'm such a softy.

I've had company for the last 3 weeks. They're leaving next Friday so I'll be back to read and hopefully, post more.

Happy Mothers day to all the moms and dads.

I mainly just follow JBR here. One aspect that makes her case almost unique is the staging used. Contrast the Madeliene McCann case here which had real life similarities to the staged JonBenet case.

Ted Bundy is another case I review from time to time, to compare some theory e.g. Ted Bundy's victim profile was middle class, female and teenage. That he was projecting violence and anger onto a class that he percieved had rejected him.

I think with Natalee's case, most people feel that after this most recent murder in Peru that JVS is the killer or knows what happened. His father is dead now and can't protect him any more or bully the Peruvian authorities. Despite his cruel tormenting of Natalee's mother, I do not believe her remains exist. I believe his father had the friend who owned the party boat dump her body at sea. I know a woman's body was found recently, and I really don't trust the Aruban authorities, but I don't feel his father would have risked burying Natalee, in case she was found later. That's why I think she was dumped at sea. I used to think she died either from a drug overdose or she choked on vomit (JVS was well-known by local barflies to drug his "dates" drinks) and he panicked and called his father to help. But with the recent brutal murder of the Flores girl in Peru, I think he may have outright killed her.

With Calee Anthony, I think it is so obvious her mother killed her. Sometimes, like with LW and the JB case, you have to look at what the defense wants to PREVENT being known. With Calee, there was chloroform residue in her mother's car (along with the dead body smell her grandma reported) and some forensic evidence of decomposition. Her lawyers want that evidence (especially the chloroform) repressed. WHY? You tell me.

I came here to WS after the Casey Anthony and Jon Benet Ramsey cases and although I'd love to be back in them, I don't think it's possible with the virtual length of the threads. I came here originally to get info on Rodney Alcala and was involved with those (pretty much a graveyard now) threads. I've most recently followed the Holly Bobo case here in Tennessee.

I also brought the case in my signature here to WS. Jessica's case will most likely never be solved, even though it is completely solvable. It's just sad...:(

I am a big lurker here but I do post from time to time. I forget what brought me here but there are a few cases I TRY to read....
Calee Anthony (A LOT of info, it's overwhelming, so I try to read it)
JBR (Same as Calee)
Zahra Baker
Lindsey Baum
Kyron Horman
The Grateful Doe
and My biggest case I probably know the most about is the
West Memphis Three.

This forum was a godsend. I found it in the middle of the night and it was exactly what I needed. It was high traffic and it had so much information that I got my True Crime fix every night.

I joined WS just before Chelsea King was abducted and murdered early last year and that case went so fast, it was pretty much wrapped up within weeks. And the others I follow are the opposite, which are mainly Kyron, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, now Holly Bobo, Maura Murray, Tara Grinstead and several others. I haven't posted much on Jon Benet, but I read the threads and know the case fairly well, have read the books, etc, for better or worse.

Also, I had followed Amber Du Bois prior to joining here and was just shocked at the outcome of that case and Amber's death still haunts me. I still think of her going to school that day to purchase her little lamb.

I kind of follow Caylee, but there was never really any mystery there to me-it's clear (to me) who killed her, and her parents just don't interest me. I think Casey is just a selfish, immature, jealous woman who couldn't be bothered with Caylee and wasn't going to let anyone else raise her, and that somehow, she really thought everyone would believe her.

I kind of follow Caylee, but there was never really any mystery there to me-it's clear (to me) who killed her, and her parents just don't interest me. I think Casey is just a selfish, immature, jealous woman who couldn't be bothered with Caylee and wasn't going to let anyone else raise her, and that somehow, she really thought everyone would believe her.

That's how I feel about Caylee's case too. I've been checking out her forum lately because I'm interested in seeing where the jury comes from, and also how much media coverage the trial gets. My guess is the opening statements and the verdict will be covered by all the national media outlets, but everything in-between will just be covered by TruTV and HLN. I don't really get the feeling that the national media is "prepping" the general public for the trial, if that makes sense.

I have nothing to back this statement up, but I've always felt that a lot of the members who follow the Caylee case are mothers, who became attached to the case because of how young Caylee was. JonBenet was young too, but I've always gotten the idea that Caylee being only 2 played a much bigger role in the public interest she garnered. However, I think a lot of the media attention had more to do with Casey and her actions, than Caylee. I just read this book called "Popular Crime" and it said that some crime stories are about the victim, and some crime stories are about the killer. I'm not sure yet whether the Anthony case is more about Caylee or Casey, but in 10+ years, we'll know by who the media refers to when they talk about the case.

I think the way to answer the question "Is this crime about the victim or about the killer is?" would be, "If someone other than the murderer (or the assumed) murderer killed the victim, would it still get a lot of attention?" With JonBenet, JMK's arrest got tons of media attention, so JonBenet's case is clearly about the victim. It really doesn't matter WHO killed her; just that a beautiful, wealthy pageant-participating little girl was murdered in her huge house after Christmas is enough. However, with Chandra Levy's case, when it came out that an illegal immigrant killed her, it didn't get anywhere near as much attention in 2001 when everyone thought Congressman Gary Condit had murdered Chandra. For that case, the interest was more about their affair and whether someone in such a public position could do something so heinous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back