What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

• Lethal injection

Votes: 80 6.8%
  • Medical castration and life without parole

Votes: 186 15.7%
  • Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

Votes: 25 2.1%
  • Life in prison without parole

Votes: 194 16.4%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

Votes: 95 8.0%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole.

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

Votes: 67 5.7%
  • Electric chair death

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • Death, any method that works.

Votes: 172 14.6%
  • Death - unless falsely accused

Votes: 31 2.6%
  • Blind them so they can never see a child again

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • The same punishment as the child did, then death

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

Votes: 40 3.4%
  • all of the above

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • LWOP in general population

Votes: 60 5.1%
  • SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Permanent psych ward stay

Votes: 13 1.1%
  • Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

Votes: 9 0.8%

• Total voters
I honestly do not know why pedophiles get 2nd or 3rd chances. They'll never change. They disgust me.

This thread is like stuck or something. The last post has been showing up on my feeds with the current date even though the last post was day ago.

I was trying to find some kind of scientific information on pedophiles and lobotomies but had no luck. I did read something about depo shots.

Scaphism [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism"]Scaphism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

There isn't any real answer for pedophiles. Children are their sexuality, they are sexually attracted to children, not adults. They may feel remorse and shame etc., but they are sexually attracted to children and will always re-offend. They simply become more cunning and deceitful, because children are their sexuality. The really clever ones marry to hide their pedophilia, and really hide their pedophile activities. They will always be pedophiles and they will always re-offend, and nothing can change that.

What do you do if a pedophile/rapist is under 18?

What would you want to do to the pedophile who rapes "your" child?

What if your child's rapist is one of your other children?

I don't know if your just giving a possible scenario or this is personal to you.

If it is personal, I am so sorry. This would be so hard to deal with. I really don't have an answer because I haven't been there and can't imagine the torn feelings a parent would have in a situation like this.

The top priority would be to protect the innocent child and others from getting hurt as well. Secondly, it would be to try and find the best treatment for the other child and hope that since they are still young something can be done. I know of a woman that is in this situation and her son has been in a facility for a long time. He should be close to being an adult by now, but I have no idea what is going to happen. I really have never spoken to her about it. Maybe I can try and find a way to ask her how she has dealt with this over the years.

I vote for death. I have no pity, compassion or empathy for those who commit crimes against children. I know my sisters case may have given me bias....but I just feel someone who hurts a child, or kills them.....has no good in them.

The same. Death. But I would look at it like a mercy killing.

I voted for death because its a death of a child's soul. Let alone, their mind and body. Society nds to get w the program and pass laws that address these amoral ppl. Once is one time too many ever for any child, period end of story.

I voted LWOP.

I don't believe in the death penalty, because there's always that possibility of innocence. I believe that the judicial system shouldn't be about retribution, but rather rehabilitation for those who can be, and protection from those who can't. Pedophiles clearly can't, so society must be protected from them.

I have worked intensive therapy successfully with Juvenile Sex Offenders in this country. Some of the most rewarding work I have EVER done in my life. It will always stand out in my life review as the most meaningful thing I ever did.
Adult offenders can live in halfway houses, be on medication that suppresses libido and receive intensive succesfull reshaping internally. It's costly though. But personally I believe this: Sex offenders are, 85% of the time, a product of OUR environment. OUR own societal group. It behooves us to take responsibility AS a society, and research HOW they are bred and HOW their development can be averted. History repeats itself in most of these men (and women).
Death is not the answer.
MOO

My head bows for your admirable contribution to society, Kavya. Know many are grateful for your dedication.

What you are saying is that pedophilia follows a generational progression or sort of a "like father; like son" type scenario, correct? Doesn't that fact place the burden, then, squarely upon the home environment? If 85% of pedophilia offenders are a product of "our environment", then, it becomes our burden to find an impenetrable way to effectively control the contemptuous pedophile population.

We can research the causes that manifest the aberrant behavior of sexual proclivities toward children but how do we force these evil doers to cease their illegal desires without forever barring them from our children?

How many frustrating chances do we extend to the known predator who aggressively steals innocence from our young? As someone suggested, if we allow 3 strikes and, then, each strike involves only 1 underage victim, then, that is a possible 3 victims per offender x 400,000 registered offenders = 1,200,000 victims nationwide.

Furthermore, the registered offender database is possibly off by another 100,000 offenders x 3 underage victims = another 300,000 potential children or potentially, a million and a half children could be molested every year given the 3 strike rule.

"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"
-Dr. Mace Knapp, Nevada State Prison Psychologist

http://www.yellodyno.com/Statistics/statistics_child_molester.html

I've sat in court before and watched Judges sentence these guys to 120-days and then they get probation. I was shocked. Some of the guys were the fathers of these kids.

I don't even know if therapy would help them, but I think the therapy would help the victims to a certain point.

I've sat in court before and watched Judges sentence these guys to 120-days and then they get probation. I was shocked. Some of the guys were the fathers of these kids.

I don't even know if therapy would help them, but I think the therapy would help the victims to a certain point.

As has been mentioned, these people cannot be rehabilitated. There is no fixing them no matter what some "experts" would have you believe. I would opt for death for them, but I would trade that for surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy especially for repeat offenders.

Absolutely agree with the above. They CANNOT be rehabilitated! To the majority of people who voted for LWOP, I'd like to know exactly which overcrowded prison system you propose on locking up these monsters for their entire lives so the taxpayers can foot the bill to keep them there? That's approx $1.2 million per inmate over a lifetime. Now how many pedophiles are there in the world? Do the maths - that's not realistic and it's not going to work.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910
Back