What small foreign faction?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes but in any RDI theory the staging and other stuff was done before a lawyer could be consulted, and if the RDI's are correct then the R's did a good job of it. Almost like they did consult an attorney beforehand.

I have nothing to support this just an observation of the situation.

Did JR ever take any "law" classes in association with his business? Thought I'd ask, you never know where these comments can lead?

I disagree that in "any RDI" the staging etc. came before a lawyer was called. s a matter of fact, many RDI (myself included) believe JR DID call his lawyer and friend MB that night after JB was killed.

In 1999, Dr. Bob McFarland interviews Donald Freed, a professor, author, screenwriter, etc...

Donald Freed "...I must tell you finally that Norm Early who had been the district attorney of Denver and was the vice-president of Lockheed Martin Security at the time of the murder of Jon Benet. I interviewed him at the time. He's a fascinating man---- extremely intelligent. And he said to me finally, "You know I had a six year-old son and we have a security protocol and that letter threatened other executives. Where was the security? Where were the bodyguards? Where was the protocol? Where was the alert; the drill; the routine; the regimen that we so carefully shared and worked on at Lockheed Martin? Not a word. Not a sound. Not a telephone call."

So, he began to call executives and lawyers and others and said, "Why wasn't my family alerted? What happened?" And they said to him, "Well, there was no threat" And he said, "How do you know that?" They said, "Well, I don't know. We just knew". And he said, "Well, think about it and I want an answer!" The next day he talked to some of these people and reported to me that they said, "You know we stayed awake all night wrestling with the question----agonizing with it. And you know you're right. How did we know that the (ransom note) was a hoax immediately? We might have known it in a day or two, or a week or two. But how do we know until this day?

To this day there has been no arrest. To this day we know that there was a murder and that there was a note left stating that foreign agents were involved."

(The link to this interview is now broken.)

In 1999, Dr. Bob McFarland interviews Donald Freed, a professor, author, screenwriter, etc...

Donald Freed "...I must tell you finally that Norm Early who had been the district attorney of Denver and was the vice-president of Lockheed Martin Security at the time of the murder of Jon Benet. I interviewed him at the time. He's a fascinating man---- extremely intelligent. And he said to me finally, "You know I had a six year-old son and we have a security protocol and that letter threatened other executives. Where was the security? Where were the bodyguards? Where was the protocol? Where was the alert; the drill; the routine; the regimen that we so carefully shared and worked on at Lockheed Martin? Not a word. Not a sound. Not a telephone call."

So, he began to call executives and lawyers and others and said, "Why wasn't my family alerted? What happened?" And they said to him, "Well, there was no threat" And he said, "How do you know that?" They said, "Well, I don't know. We just knew". And he said, "Well, think about it and I want an answer!" The next day he talked to some of these people and reported to me that they said, "You know we stayed awake all night wrestling with the question----agonizing with it. And you know you're right. How did we know that the (ransom note) was a hoax immediately? We might have known it in a day or two, or a week or two. But how do we know until this day?

To this day there has been no arrest. To this day we know that there was a murder and that there was a note left stating that foreign agents were involved."

That's a very funny comment, coming from the Vice-President of Lockheed Martin Security. To whom did he address this question? Who was he blaming for not alerting him? Wouldn't you think HE would have been the one to have perceived and acted upon any possible threat to company executives? Unless perhaps LMs subsidiaries were not telling their bosses in the US exactly what they were up to?

Who refers to themselves as "foreign"? No one. And who takes the time to write a ransom note that lasted longer than my 1st marriage? Someone who has no fear of being discovered or interrupted.

That's a very funny comment, coming from the Vice-President of Lockheed Martin Security. To whom did he address this question? Who was he blaming for not alerting him? Wouldn't you think HE would have been the one to have perceived and acted upon any possible threat to company executives? Unless perhaps LMs subsidiaries were not telling their bosses in the US exactly what they were up to?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26569"]Lockheed, the FBI, and terrorism in Boulder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From the archives back in 2005...just remember that the actual link to the interview is no longer active and I haven't searched for it but it's probably in cyberspace somewhere.

This is amazing. No one knew that note was a fake and yes others who worked for JR could have been in danger. How on earth did this crime not get solved?? JR should have follow protocol and maybe they should have told LE that the note threatened to behead their daughter if they saw them talking to a stray dog.

I still don't understand this and it makes me so angry.

This is amazing. No one knew that note was a fake and yes others who worked for JR could have been in danger. How on earth did this crime not get solved?? JR should have follow protocol and maybe they should have told LE that the note threatened to behead their daughter if they saw them talking to a stray dog.

I still don't understand this and it makes me so angry.

That interview was a great find back in the day. There are lots of rich nuggets such as this in the archives...way back.

I also read an article in some magazine (I will try and find it) that said Lockheed Martin automatically went on alert to determine if there was a real threat to the company and found no reason to believe there was. This article did not mention the families of their employees and now I'm wondering why they didn't alert on behalf of the families.

No one took the ransom note seriously. Firstly, the Ramseys. The note said don't dare call the police, so the first thing they did was call the police. Secondly, the police. If they had believed the note and the "foreign faction" stuff they would have called the FBI immediately. Thirdly, Lockheed Martin etc. It seems they thought it over and decided there was no real threat. Fourthly, the public. When the note was made public *everyone* with the slightest sense knew it was bogus. It is so transparently bogus that we need not wonder at all that no one followed the protocols of a real threat. I'm not surprised that the Ramseys called the police or that Lockheed didn't sound their alarm bells.

But it is precisely because it is so plainly false that such a note can yield so many useful clues. Yet, here we are years later, and we cannot answer some simply questions, like - what exactly was the purpose of the note? What agenda did it serve? What part in the crime? For example, was it supposed to draw attention away from the body, to lead the police away from the house, have them running all around town? Was it intended to delay, to buy time? Or just to obfuscate, distract, obstruct? Was it intended to incriminate someone? (I tend to this view) Or was it a "message" to John Ramsey, payback of some sort, an extra cruelty? I don't think any of those questions are settled, let alone the question who wrote it.

There are some questions that can be counted as settled though. Chiefly, we can say - for sure - that the note was *not* written by a random perp. It was written by someone who knew John Ramsey. We can say that for certain. So we can forget about all versions of the random intruder theory. A random intruder did not write that note. (This is not to say that a random intruder did not kill the victim, but we can say 100% certain that a random intruder did not write that note!) That narrows it down from about 250 million people to about a dozen or so.

No one took the ransom note seriously. Firstly, the Ramseys. The note said don't dare call the police, so the first thing they did was call the police. Secondly, the police. If they had believed the note and the "foreign faction" stuff they would have called the FBI immediately. Thirdly, Lockheed Martin etc. It seems they thought it over and decided there was no real threat. Fourthly, the public. When the note was made public *everyone* with the slightest sense knew it was bogus. It is so transparently bogus that we need not wonder at all that no one followed the protocols of a real threat. I'm not surprised that the Ramseys called the police or that Lockheed didn't sound their alarm bells.

But it is precisely because it is so plainly false that such a note can yield so many useful clues. Yet, here we are years later, and we cannot answer some simply questions, like - what exactly was the purpose of the note? What agenda did it serve? What part in the crime? For example, was it supposed to draw attention away from the body, to lead the police away from the house, have them running all around town? Was it intended to delay, to buy time? Or just to obfuscate, distract, obstruct? Was it intended to incriminate someone? (I tend to this view) Or was it a "message" to John Ramsey, payback of some sort, an extra cruelty? I don't think any of those questions are settled, let alone the question who wrote it.

There are some questions that can be counted as settled though. Chiefly, we can say - for sure - that the note was *not* written by a random perp. It was written by someone who knew John Ramsey. We can say that for certain. So we can forget about all versions of the random intruder theory. A random intruder did not write that note. (This is not to say that a random intruder did not kill the victim, but we can say 100% certain that a random intruder did not write that note!) That narrows it down from about 250 million people to about a dozen or so.

I think HOTYH has been beating this exact drum for years. Basically EVERYONE involved dismissed it. However, to this day, no one can explain it.

If RDI: where the *&%@ did that come from??

If IDI: why say kidnap for ransom then murder, why say behead and then strangle, why say deny remains for burial and leave the body in the house??

It remains the most vital clue to the murder's identity.

The agenda of the note is, and always has been, to deflect blame from the family. And though, as stated, everyone knows it is a fake, it has been very successful at what it was intended to do. However, not that it deflected blame, because the handwriting is clearly Patsy's, but because it muddied the water as far as WHO she would have written it to cover for. Herself, her husband, her son? All three? THAT was the main problem for LE. They were not able to have evidence that pointed to one person. Both parents had something to gain in a coverup and both parents had fibers on the body and more importantly, on the items that were part of the crime, like the tape, cord and redressed clothing.
Of course, both parents were also allowed by LE (or at least not prevented) to handle or touch the body. So in a way, LE had themselves to blame too. Or rather, French and Arndt.

Honestly, the small foreign faction could mean the Ramsey's.

They were very quick in trying to pull away from Boulder. Despite their having a home, business, 400 employees, a daughter who was Colorado's Little Miss, they still never considered that their home.

And though, as stated, everyone knows it is a fake, it has been very successful at what it was intended to do.

Everyone BELIEVES it is a fake, that's a big difference. No one actually knows what it's purpose was. If, as you say, PR authored it to deflect attention from the Rs, then she did a very bad job. That no one can fathom why it was written does not make it less important as evidence, perhaps just the reverse.

The very fact that it was so bad and so over the top is what makes everyone know it's a fake. Would they have us believe that one the ff had a Southern girlfriend who wrote the note for him?

The note is given undue attention today because the police botched the investigation and the Killers walked.

The note is quite simply and obviously a 3rd rate attempt to throw the police off track, having them look for an intruder/kidnapper, or a co-worker, a small foreign faction, or the neighbors cat......or whoever/whatever.

Had the police been competent at searching, the body would have been found about 6:10am. Had they been competent at questioning, one of the co-conspirators may have rolled on the other. Had they been competent at securing a crime scene there wouldn't be so much contamination of evidence.

In short, had the BPD had someone more competent than Barney Fife on staff, the note would be laughed at derisively -as it should be. If the killers were in prison we would not be discussing the "meaning" of the RN.

The note is given undue attention today because the police botched the investigation and the Killers walked.

The note is quite simply and obviously a 3rd rate attempt to throw the police off track, having them look for an intruder/kidnapper, or a co-worker, a small foreign faction, or the neighbors cat......or whoever/whatever.

Had the police been competent at searching, the body would have been found about 6:10am. Had they been competent at questioning, one of the co-conspirators may have rolled on the other. Had they been competent at securing a crime scene there wouldn't be so much contamination of evidence.

In short, had the BPD had someone more competent than Barney Fife on staff, the note would be laughed at derisively -as it should be. If the killers were in prison we would not be discussing the "meaning" of the RN.

If they had concentrated less on finding evidence against the Rs and more on solving the crime, we would all know what the RN was about.

" A Small Foreign Faction "

Foreign to whom ? The Ramseys ? The U.S.A. ?

Also, I just do not think that followers of a political movement would ever describe their membership as being " small " MOO

I believe that this note was written by Patsy Ramsey. IMO

All JMO

Are there any other handwriting experts besides the ones hired by Chris Wolf who stated that she (PR) was the RN writer?TIA

Cause if these are the only ones claiming it I am definitely still having a problem believing it.

Why would I believe them and not the ones who claim it was written by JMK for example.(silly example but that's it in this case,tons of wanna be experts....which can't be trusted )

" A Small Foreign Faction "

Foreign to whom ? The Ramseys ? The U.S.A. ?

Also, I just do not think that followers of a political movement would ever describe their membership as being " small " MOO

I believe that this note was written by Patsy Ramsey. IMO

All JMO

Not just a "small foreign faction", but "We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction". Hey, maybe "a group of individuals" was in the house that night. Why confine speculation to a lone intruder?
Just being facetious. Patsy wrote the note.

Not just a "small foreign faction", but "We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction". Hey, maybe "a group of individuals" was in the house that night. Why confine speculation to a lone intruder?
Just being facetious. Patsy wrote the note.
Yeah, there was a veritable Christmas party going on in that house before the Ramseys got home, eh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back