What was Casey's plan?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yes, that's what I never understood. if these were all things she wanted to do, why didn't she just do them? she could have gotten a GED, then gone to community college, then the planning certificate, etc. it seems it took more energy to lie and keep up appearances than to actually do what she said she was doing!

Cause it was more fun to party? I also think she used the time gap to get some drugs out of her system.

Well, she told CE she was in Jacksonville, for two weeks. Why not?

But, again, I don't think her run would have succeeded. Women running from, say, and abusive spouse can just disappear. They can get on a bus or a plane, get off somewhere, and get a job as a waitress, or something, until they re-establish themselves.
-----------------------------

I don't think that KC would have taken a low-level job, to survive. I also think she would have run through her resources too quickly. She would have gone broke quickly, or stolen and got caught.
-----------------------------
Exotic dancers can make good money; we know she liked to dance and take off her clothes.

After seeing 20/20 and watching all the videos and seeing all the pics of her and caylee...
they looked so happy...
it's so hard to imagine that she would hurt her like that and show no remorse....

It is hard to imagine. However, I think back to Lacy Peterson. She and Scott looked blistfully happy in every photo, every video. Her parents loved him like a son, said he treated her so wonderfully. Everyone thought he adored Lacy. He could've divorced Lacy to be w/ Amber F. But instead he murdered her. Same with Susan Smith. She had so many pictures with her children. Friends said she was a great mom. People are deceptive.

I work w/ children who are abused physically and sexually. Some of them are abused by a parent. The parent looks well put together, loving, caring, etc. You would never suspect some of these parents as abusers. People are good at hiding their true colors.

yes, that's what I never understood. if these were all things she wanted to do, why didn't she just do them? she could have gotten a GED, then gone to community college, then the planning certificate, etc. it seems it took more energy to lie and keep up appearances than to actually do what she said she was doing!

She didn't just do those things because that would have been too difficult: would have required work, less time for partying, no time to play games with all the guys she was playing.

Here is another question have: how did she go so long without a job? How did she have money for gas, clothes, bar bills, tattoos, etc? I cannot believe that either parent would be willing to continue to give her money, esp. if she was supposedly working. Or, if she was stealing from them, that would have been discovered long ago. She had been fired from Universal how long ago?
Where was she getting the money?????????????

She didn't just do those things because that would have been too difficult: would have required work, less time for partying, no time to play games with all the guys she was playing.

Here is another question have: how did she go so long without a job? How did she have money for gas, clothes, bar bills, tattoos, etc? I cannot believe that either parent would be willing to continue to give her money, esp. if she was supposedly working. Or, if she was stealing from them, that would have been discovered long ago. She had been fired from Universal how long ago?
Could be she was drawing unemployment checks. I know if you quit it is hard to collect, if you are fired you can certainly draw unemployment. Anyone know how long you can draw? She would have been home during the day and get the mail, cash her checks, tell everyone she had a job. Wonder if she drew it, when it ran out?:waitasec:

Do we know how long Casey actually did work at Universal? And exactly when? I think I read somewhere she was there for a while, but I can't remember anything else. Anyone know the dates?

...and back when Cindy was doing interviews, why did no one ask her what she thought about her daughter's lies about going to work. No one asked her. Wish they had.

I think she probably had multiple methods of obtaining money. Not sure how without being caught. Seems most of the stealing was during the month Caylee was gone without being reported.

People that live for the moment think they are going to catch up/pay back later. IMO, Casey also had running as a plan.

She mentioned a back-up plan to Tony when he asked her why she took Amy's money. I assume she had the back-up in mind when she told Cindy she needed one more day. IMO, that meant running.

I think Casey always thought she could get that one more day to run if cornered. Casey was not expecting Cindy to interupt her Tony fantasy interlude when Cindy did. I think up until the police actually arrived at the house, Casey thought she could talk Cindy into giving her one more day.

IMO

I vote no plan too. I don't think it was premeditated, or at least for very long. If she was jealous of Caylee and had a fight with her parents, I could see her impulsively killing Caylee...strangling her or smothering her, or beating her. Or maybe she lost her temper with Caylee, or maybe it was an accident due to serious negligence, like drugging with Zanny or leaving her in a car.

This is what really confuzzles me - how could a mother, let alone a person, do this it their child or any child or any person as a matter of fact.

I can't imagine struggling to kill this child - maybe it's because my conscious can't relate but if this was premeditated than Casey truly has NO conscious

I don't think Casey had to work too hard to fool her parents.

It is obvious how easily they cling to the least sign of hope.

I haven't forgotten that KC was still claiming to be a virgin at 7 months pregnant, and CA was backing her up on that! *shakes head* The whole family seems to be very accomplished at denial.

If KC is telling her parents there's still a chance they might see Caylee alive again (however ridiculous the story), I think they'd jump through hoops of fire for her.

Had Casey not stolen from Amy would Amy have taken Cindy to Casey? Probably not. That would mean that Casey could stay hidden from her family at Tony's or run once Amy told her that her mom had been in contact. But due to the theift Amy was all to willing to bring CIndy to Casey.

I think she was planning on going to Puerto Rico. I still think she has a stash of money somewhere.

KC seems to be one serial con artist. I couldn't believe the emails she concocted and email addresses of fake people. I would have never in a million years dreamed to do something like that.

If she would steal from her own grandparents, could you imagine the scams she was probably planning on pulling other people??? Totally mind boggling.

I have a sister who has a lot of the same mental deficiencies that CA seems to have. She has borderline personality disorder and Histrionic personality disorder. She has violently attacked family members as well as friends. She's stolen money and personal property as well as emotionally battered her loved ones. My husband and I are in the process of adopting her baby. Sometimes I actually think my sister is worse than CA:twocents:, the only thing that really separates the two is that my sister didn't have the opportunity to kill her baby whether on purpose or by mistake. The most important thing to remember with people like this is that you can't use reason when trying to undestand their actions. They will tell you the most ridiculous things and they really can't understand why you don't believe them.
Here's a great example of how a girl like this thinks. My sister knew she was pregnant but didn't tell anyone. Her plan was to get an abortion, like she's done so many times before. She was just so busy partying that she lost track of time. She finally got so big that she could no longer deny to her party pals that she was pregnant so she went down to the local abortion clinic but they wouldn't do the procedure because she was too far along. That's when she finally told my parents and then acted as if she was turning over a new leaf in order to get them to help her out financially.
The point of my story is she had no real plan and she had no real conception of time and by the way no idea of who the dad was. She actually put a guys name on the BC but we quickly realized that there was no way he could be the father because of his dark ethnicity and the baby's white skin and blue eyes, (sister's are brown).
CA reminds me so much of my sister and the GP's are a lot like my parent's. I have actually cut off communication with my own parent's because of their inability to stop enabling my sister.

How sad it must be to have personal knowledge of somebody who seems so similar to Casey. I think your post is spot on in regards to Casey. She really did have no real plan. She was planning to "deal with it tomorrow".

Her parents had enabled her behavior all of her life, and she figured that would not stop. Unfortunately (for her), it did stop for a few days.

They are enabling her again, but they (the GP's) both had some very responsible moments when it was crucial.

So you think she was going to wait until someone got suspicious, like Cindy, and then run? ok. so if this is true, maybe she had some money stashed away, like scott p, that we dont know about? maybe passport? there might be some evidence of this that we have not heard. YOU COULD BE ON TO SOMETHING! Cindy already thought that Casey was trying to branch out on her on...so if she disappeared she would have assumed that Caylee was with her! perfect plan. You might have just figured it out.
this makes much more sense. CA just got caught too soon. :clap:
:(

And she had been telling that guy in California that she wanted to come out, and needed to tell somebody something she told Lee and CA but she wanted to do it in person. I think the running is a good theory. And remember, she did have $200 in her wallet (that Cindy took?!!?!). That might have bought her a plane ticket.

And like another sleuther suggested, Casey was spinning out of control. She always lied but now they were more grandiose (Amy already was having her mail sent to the Hopespring address!), and she was getting caught in them. Amy was home the day Casey was hauled out of Tony's and she knew she was busted.

Hello everyone, I am new here, I've been lurking and cannot tear myself away from this case....too bad work and stuff gets in the way, eh?

I apologize if this has been brought up before now...I am reading as many posts as possible, and have not seen this mentioned.....

NG Thursday night. The tape of LA telling police how the initial confrontation between Cindy and Casey went.....once Casey was at home and Lee was with her. I don't have the transcritp, but what I remember from it most is that Casey finally said "Caylee has been missing for 31 days" (Who talks like that anyway? I am STILL wondering what in the heck is a "Neutral place")

According to Lee, Cindy says- "Who took her, who took her?"

That seems wierd to me for starters. Not "what are you talking about" or "What happened"....but WHO took her?

I think THAT is when Casey decides to pull a story out of her hat, if you listen closely and watch the transcript on the screen, Caseys response is (according to Lee)

"UM.......the nanny"

Anyway, it is already clear that all these people talk like they are on another planet. And, this IS the gospel according to LA. The Who took her, if true, just seems really off kilter to me, as does "um....the nanny"

If you knew who took your child would you not be able to identify them by name.....immediatley??

Anyway... thank you all for keeping the pressure on in this case, I would hate to see it just fade away without justice for that beautiful little girl.

I think her plan was to start a new life somewhere else with a whole new string of men to take care of her and never look back. I doubt she would have ever contacted her parents again if she had been able to complete her plans. Her belongings were HYPER organized, and although Lee says that just "was not her" and he would "swear" that she did not pack her bag, I think he is missing the fact that he did not REALLY know this Casey, the one who callously disposed of her baby, robbed her friends and family, stealthily removed what she wanted from the home, and partied like there was no tomorrow. I think THIS Casey was most certainly in that HYPER ORGANIZED state of being, as she was juggling a whole new life of lies and deceptions, without the baggage of a child-because that is what Caylee had become to her, just baggage that was holding her back and keeping her down. She was FREE and it was going to be a BEAUTIFUL LIFE, except for that one tiny little pesky detail-her dead daughters SCENT rising up from the grave to come and bring her back to THIS life, the not so beautiful one that SHE created for herself.

I vote plan. Just not a very good or well organized plan. Jails are full of people who commited poorly planned and executed crimes. It seems the rule, rather than the exception. Premeditation doesn't mean that every detail is planned perfectly, and the "plan" doesn't require improvisation.

Applying non-criminal logic to a criminal plan, is sure to disappoint.

I really think at some point she must have had some plan in her head even if it was completely delusional. Maybe it started before Caylee's "disappearance" and maybe getting rid of Caylee was part of it. Maybe it began after Caylee was gone, how ever it happened, when she realized that she had to come up with some explanation for the absence of her daughter.

I REALLY wonder if we'll ever find out the details of what she's been doing day to day for the past few years when she didn't have a job and Caylee was "with the nanny". I hope it comes out during the trial but it might not, I would say that there HAS TO BE SOMEONE out there who knows what was going on.....but we may never know...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home
Back