When Baez paid the bank back wasn't that tantamount to pleading guilty?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that the state will make the charge without bringing in AH?

And if they do bring in AH, won't Kc be able to cross examine AH?

Hypothetically speaking: What if AH owes Kc money? What if AH has allowed Kc to use her check book in the past?

I am not a Lawyer, but I do know that we are allowed to face our accuser in this country.

I still think that Kc will plea on this, but if this is not possible, then she will fight tooth and nail. I hope Kc does not have any dirt on AH.

I really hope that AH will get some practice cross examination so she knows what she is getting into here. I have a feeling that the SA is just using her. This is just my opinion and I am not here to cause trouble. I am here to learn. Is it your opinion that none of this can happen?

If she does, it was lost with the cell phone containing all contact numbers for Zenaida. :dance:

Casey is the only person responsible for all of this- the thefts, the death of Caylee and if justice is served, consequently she will have earned the death sentence. Amy was just another victim and it is frankly obscene of you to try to state that she would be responsible for anything that Casey chose to do of her own free will.

:Jumpie:

Hypothetically speaking: What if AH owes Kc money? What if AH has allowed Kc to use her check book in the past?

I am not a Lawyer, but I do know that we are allowed to face our accuser in this country.

I still think that Kc will plea on this, but if this is not possible, then she will fight tooth and nail. I hope Kc does not have any dirt on AH.

I really hope that AH will get some practice cross examination so she knows what she is getting into here. I have a feeling that the SA is just using her. This is just my opinion and I am not here to cause trouble. I am here to learn. Is it your opinion that none of this can happen?
Again, the State of Florida is the one who has charged Casey...not Amy. Amy owing Casey money? Ha! What money did Casey have? Amy just wasn't out the money that we witnessed Casey stealing on videotape, she's also out the money that magically disappeared before her trip to PR. Amy doesn't look like a cream puff. She'll do just fine. And, please...let's remember she's the victim here.

I'm saying that AH will testify, that KC's lawyers will cross examine her, and that KC's lawyers will not be allowed to "drag her through the mud" because no such "mud" could possibly be relevant.

Facing your accuser in court does not mean you get to ask them anything you want about their lives. Only relevant things.

Owing someone money does not mean they get to steal your checks. Letting someone borrow your checkbook in the past does not mean they get to steal your checks. However, if either one of these things were true, it might give some credence to any story KC might care to make up about Amy letting her take the checks. On the other hand, we have no evidence that Amy owed KC any money, or that she let KC "borrow" her checkbook in the past. It would be kind of weird to let someone write checks on your account that exceeded the balance, though.

Who is it still pressing charges over the $700 in checks (that was already repaid), the bank, AH, or just the state? Weird. If it is AH, if I were her family I would sure be telling her not to let lawyers talk her into pursuing that further, just more time and stress for her, keeps her name in the public eye (which she claims she doesn't want) and for what? To get what?

bbm~

Puhleeze.. What in the world is wierd about that? :waitasec: I'll bet she can't wait and I find it ABSOLUTELY understandable and NORMAL. After what KC (and the Anthonys too for that matter) have done to her and her life? How do you think Amy's parents feel about what's been done to their daughter compliments of KC?! I don't imagine that they appreciate too much do you?
She may even figure that she'll be a voice for Caylee in her own way since her own family won't....

btw seagull, I'll bet AH has been approached numerous times for 'her story' and we haven't heard a thing, that tells me what I need to know about her character.

I don't get what his master plan is. Casey paid restitution, you do not do that if you are "not guilty". Why would there even be a trial, why not just plead no contest, or is that not an option. Never has the outcome ever been more certain, she is on video tape at Target and the bank for God's sake! What do you think?

Just saw this. It is a known fact that Casey has no money. She is also in jail and has been for quite a while and so isn't working...did she ever!???
Anyway, how can that attorney get away with paying that debt for her and where did the money come from? That just seems to be a ethic problem to me. I wish the judge would just nail his rear end about this.

I too wonder what the purpose was in paying that. Casey still has to go to trial for writing those checks. Maybe her attorney thought if he paid the debt it would all be forgotten. Doesn't make any sense.

Do we also know whether or not Amy ever got her camera?

Just saw this. It is a known fact that Casey has no money. She is also in jail and has been for quite a while and so isn't working...did she ever!???
Anyway, how can that attorney get away with paying that debt for her and where did the money come from? That just seems to be a ethic problem to me. I wish the judge would just nail his rear end about this.

I too wonder what the purpose was in paying that. Casey still has to go to trial for writing those checks. Maybe her attorney thought if he paid the debt it would all be forgotten. Doesn't make any sense.
I wouldn't be surprised her parents gave him the money...either that or from the pics/videos she sold of her dead daughter. Now wouldn't that be something?!

I think this is pure lack of common sense on Baez's behalf. Maybe he thought by paying this it would all just go away :waitasec:
I'd like to know where all this money is coming from. Makes me sick that they can claim everything is ethical when we all know that Baez isn't a billionaire..
She's nailed on these particular charges. No way to get herself out of it.
I hope the state refuses to offer a deal to her.

...and if someone doesn't object due to relevance than they're not worth beans in the courtroom.

Thankfully, we are not going to have that problem. From what I have seen Amy is in good hands, Mrs. Drane-Burdick suffers no fools or nonsense in the courtroom and my favorite prediction is she will mop the floor with the defense if they try. Not to mention the jury would despise the defense for beating up on Amy, so that would be very ill advised to even try.

Amy if you are reading here tonight, we stand with you. I know I do!!!!! There are only a few defining moments in ones life where you have to make a choice are you going to run and hide or are you going to step up. I admire you for choosing to step up, for such a young girl it shows incredible character and courage. I stand with you!!!!! Shame on anyone who would encourage you otherwise. When you look back on this much later in your life you will never regret telling the truth. I can promise you that. We only regret the times we stood by in silence. We feel proud when we know we stood up. In the memory of sweet Caylee, hold your head high and thank you for stepping up.

Thankfully, we are not going to have that problem. From what I have seen Amy is in good hands, Mrs. Drane-Burdick suffers no fools or nonsense in the courtroom and my favorite prediction is she will mop the floor with the defense if they try. Not to mention the jury would despise the defense for beating up on Amy, so that would be very ill advised to even try.

bbm

Great point. Plus if the defense tries to 'attack' Amy, it'll only emphasize the difference in character between Amy and Casey and make casey look worse. I don't think the defense wants anyone looking at casey's character in contrast to amy. Hitler, maybe. Amy, no.

Gotta love Godwin's Law.

Since most people don't buy hoodies, lingerie and sunglasses with forged checks when they are in a "time of desperation", that may not have made a difference. The "inconvenience" of AH was just starting, imo. She's had to get a lawyer and spend both oodles of time and money making sure she is not the further victim by being in the defense's voracious "SODDI Sites", not to mention interrupt her life yet again at the trial.

IIRC, AH's bank made restitution, but I'm sure AH also remembers the missing $400 cash that KC said she lost "sleepwalking". And even though KC may feel she should be off the hook because somebody yet again made good in replacing what she stole, I think enough is enough. The Anthony family has been covering and paying for KC's thefts for years; she is a recidivist thief. Why should society show mercy to someone who has so little regard for others' property and so little remorse that she steals again and again?

Exactly , spot on!!!!! I just wish Grandma Shirley's bank would add on charges in that county. The jury would throw the book at her!

Oh, I think JB will TRY to ask a lot of things! I just think that the SA will object and ask for relevance, and the judge will deny unless there is some direct connection to the check fraud. Not sure how much JB can bring up KC assuming it would be okay to "borrow" from Amy without KC testifying. And, I don't see that happening! All in all, I see nothing for AH to fear from testifying against the thief who stole her money. Besides, if JB wants to play hard and loose with AH, I'm sure the SA will have no problem calling KC's grandmother to the stand to testify about the times that KC stole from her. Or to play the interviews of GA where he talks about KC stealing from him and CA and even taking the money from the baby's piggybank. I think it is JB who should be thinking about the ramifications of this going to trial, not AH. JMO, of course.

I agree. I think the SA will blow this case out of the water..

I think this is pure lack of common sense on Baez's behalf. Maybe he thought by paying this it would all just go away :waitasec:
I'd like to know where all this money is coming from. Makes me sick that they can claim everything is ethical when we all know that Baez isn't a billionaire..
She's nailed on these particular charges. No way to get herself out of it.
I hope the state refuses to offer a deal to her.

I highly doubt even a millionaire :loser:

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this point. I don't believe the state stands a chance in this check fraud case without Amy. Casey will have the right to cross examine Amy. If Casey says Amy is involved with these checks somehow, then they will have to bring Amy in. So, I understand what your saying, but I think Amy will be involved either way.

That being said, the defense may opt to just plea on this since it probably will make no difference whatsoever to a jury. A jury can certainly tell the difference between a murderer and a thief.

I just feel bad for Amy and I think she should steer away from this whole thing. It could effect her emotionally for the rest of her life.

Too late. It already has. Too bad KC did not think about their friendship before betraying Amy's trust. Trial or no trial does not change the fact that Amy was still the victum. The trial provides closure for Amy. Any victum will tell you that.

I'm kinda confused...Help me out here K?

The money was stolen from Amy...Amy filed a dispute with her bank...bank said yep, you were stolen from...Here's your money back.

Bank says...Hey, we were stolen from...we want to file charges...SA says yes, you were stolen from...We'll file the charges.

So, Amy was the first in the line, but is the bank actually now the "victim"?

The money was stolen from Amy...Amy filed a dispute with her bank...bank said yep, you were stolen from...Here's your money back.

Bank says...Hey, we were stolen from...we want to file charges...SA says yes, you were stolen from...We'll file the charges.

Don't know if they can be considered the victim, but definately a damaged party since they paid Amy back on a fraud against her account and they are now out the money.

If you have an account at BOA you are the victum. Eventually someone has to pay for the thief. Amy also has $400 missing that was never recovered. Obviously if Amy were sleepwalking unless she slipped the money into KC's wallet she would have found that money by now. JMO:waitasec:

Do we also know whether or not Amy ever got her camera?

I have often wondered this myself. This is an actual action and not just talk. Kc was so serious about this move that I think AH may have had her address changed. I can't help but think that CA may have been leading Kc on about this. There may be more to the story than you know. Sorry this was off topic and for another thread. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean