When will Casey be Arrested?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

When will Casey be arrested on charges for Caylee's death ?

• Tue. Oct. 14th

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Wed. Oct. 15th

Votes: 85 32.9%
  • Thurs. Oct. 16th

Votes: 40 15.5%
  • Fri. Oct. 17th

Votes: 37 14.3%
  • Following Week or longer

Votes: 43 16.7%

• Total voters
Casey already has been arrested three times, on a broad range of charges. The key ones are Child Negligence/abuse, and the financial check fraud charges. At this time she is out on bail and is confined to her home via electronic monitoring.

The State Attorney is taking his time to do things right. They already had an early error that is effecting how and when they charge anything further related to Caylee's disapearence or death. The very early on charged her with child neglect. While fully appropriate at the time, it bumps into a few quirks of Florida law. Under Florida law the state must be preparred to bring her to trial within 120 days of when she is charged. The defense can choose to waive this speed and go for a longer date, but they would not in this case for the neglect charges. So there is a court date 2nd week in November.

Problem 2 is because the child neglect charges are part of the crime that would also be charged as a homicide, if they are brought to trial, jeopardy will acrue, and the state will not be able to increase the charges to homicide. If the charges are upped to homicide before the neglect trial starts, then the clock starts over at 120 days.

Since the clock is already running LE wants to burn off as much of the current timer, strengthening their case, before they reset the timer and have to go to trial for homicide within 120 days. (A fast trial puts the prosecution at a disadvantage).

So current bets are, unless they have an absolutely iron clad case, and probably a body, they will hold off on charging her with any homicide until the first or second week of October. If the body is found or further damning evidence is revealed then they may feel comfortable to do it sooner. But figgure that October 16th or so is probably their drop dead date on which she WILL be charged with something more serious.
that makes sense. The only thing I don't understand if we go with this senario, is why would they charge with murder in Oct. rather than wait until, say, 1st week of November, which would buy them even more time?

LE isnt going to charge her with Murder until...

They are 100% positive they can win!!

They have no body, no murder weapon, no witness and honestly no proof KC did it.

We all believe she did it and our common sense tells us she did it, but that means nothing in a court of law.

I dont care how long it takes as long as when it happens they have the evidence they need to make this a death penalty case. I'd rather wait than let her walk...

OMG - I don't doubt what you say one bit but....why in the world would they want this info released this way? Isn't it LE's place to do that?
Well, I can only hope that they really have all this evidence and that the arrest is emminent. a little skeptical but hopeful. as to why they would want it released this way.... you know sometimes there are "real" leaks that happen just because one good friend that happens to be in the know talks a little too much to another good friend, never thinking that the info will be repeated, much less spread all over a blog!

LE isnt going to charge her with Murder until...

They are 100% positive they can win!!

They have no body, no murder weapon, no witness and honestly no proof KC did it.

We all believe she did it and our common sense tells us she did it, but that means nothing in a court of law.

I dont care how long it takes as long as when it happens they have the evidence they need to make this a death penalty case. I'd rather wait than let her walk...

Yeah, but ParaBeagle is right. We have no way of knowing if this case is before a Grand Jury, or what stage that is in, as it is entirely secret by Florida statute.
That prosecution mechanism to get the Court wheels in motion is closed to us, closed to the press. Maybe an indictment will be handed down any day, and she'll be arrested.
The biggest GJ requirement coming to mind is that while there are different mechanisms to launch a case in Court, you need the GJ indictment for a capital murder prosecution in Fl.
Grand jury usually is in and out of Court for approximate 6 month terms. They are convened intermittently depending on what is going on.
Hope this makes sense. Need :coffeecup:
jmo

My hopes are that an arrest is going to be real soon. I further hope that they arrest her in public view. :behindbar

Casey Anthony: The Evidence - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando (from September 26)

"...In a matter of weeks, investigators said they plan to arrest Anthony in connection with Caylee's disappearance..."

(If this is a duplicate or belongs elsewhere, feel free to do what needs to be done with this post. :) )

That's an odd way to phrase that. "...in connection with Caylee's disappearance."

I wonder if that was the writer's interpretation of what they were told, or if the LE told the reporters that.

Just by that statement, it doesn't seem as if she'll be charged with murder.

IMO, I hope she is arrested soon, and LE is tough on her so she breaks this silence!
Caylee deserves a proper burial.........enough circus!

That's an odd way to phrase that. "...in connection with Caylee's disappearance."

I wonder if that was the writer's interpretation of what they were told, or if the LE told the reporters that.

I wondered about the same thing. I wondered if it meant that LE is not willing to disclose what the charges will be just yet. But I don't know why they would hold that back? Any ideas?

:clap: :dance: :clap:

But will she ever do the right thing? Tell where little Caylee is? :(

Agreed. Wouldn't it say something like "...in connection with the death of her daughter"...?

Agreed. Wouldn't it say something like "...in connection with the death of her daughter"...?
But since LE hasn't divulged whether or not there is evidence to support the death of Caylee, I wonder if that's why they phrase it that way. I wonder if they even know what the charge will be when they arrest her.(?)

I wondered about the same thing. I wondered if it meant that LE is not willing to disclose what the charges will be just yet. But I don't know why they would hold that back? Any ideas?

My thought has always been that with the dna evidence, they can prove Caylee is dead. They can prove Caylee was killed. However, it is harder to connect KC with the murder.

There is circumstancial (sp) evidence, but "proving beyond a shadow of a doubt." that KC physically did something to Caylee is harder. They would need evidence linking the dna evidence to KC.

I would assume, if they haven't been able to do that, there is some other charge they would "slap" her with other than murder, but higher then negligence.

However, if they are holding back, it would be to make sure KC doesn't do something stupid, like suicide, or running. Also to make sure the family doesn't "aid and abet her," and/or to prevent more protesters from coming to the house.

I'm leaning more on the protester side, because that could just make the cauldron boil over, and cause another innocent life to be taken.

I tend to think that LE believes that the circumstantial case is so strong that they can probably get a murder conviction as things stand right now but that they were hoping to find the body. But I do believe (and hope) that they intend to charge her with murder. I honestly don't see a reason why they would arrest her in coming weeks without that being the case. Between all of the financial charges and the child neglect charges, I think that they can get, at minimum, a few years in jail for her during which time they could continue to hope to find Caylee. JMO.

But since LE hasn't divulged whether or not there is evidence to support the death of Caylee, I wonder if that's why they phrase it that way. I wonder if they even know what the charge will be when they arrest her.(?)

From the article:
According to other sources, lab tests have been ongoing as recently as this week to "triple check" that evidence. Investigators said they're confident those tests will provide "iron-clad proof" that Caylee's body was in the trunk of the car, how her body was positioned and that strands of her hair fell out after she died.
They know Caylee is dead and that she was in the trunk. They even know how she lay in the trunk. In additition strands of Caylee's hair fell out AFTER death.

I think the forensic evidence will be powerful and compelling.

According to the article they are still putting together reason Casey did what she did...the motive.

If Casey had killed her mother and father for the insurance money, I think the prosecutor's job would be easier. Everyone understands profit.

I wonder if any man knows the workings of man-crazed, needy women's minds? It seems to me, lots of men idealize pretty girls. Really good moms who hang out with other great moms might not understand either.

I am impatient for the day we can discuss the jury, the prosecutors, the defense and the expert witnesses.
IMO

Thanks Jolynna. I believe 100% that Caylee is dead, unfortunately. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a reason for the wording. I'm hoping that the texts, web searches, etc., will help to prove murder in addition to the tests being able to prove death.

ETA: I guess I should have said that LE hasn't divulged whether or not there is evidence to support the murder of Caylee, not the death.

Thanks Jolynna. I believe 100% that Caylee is dead, unfortunately. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a reason for the wording. I'm hoping that the texts, web searches, etc., will help to prove murder in addition to the tests being able to prove death.

ETA: I guess I should have said that LE hasn't divulged whether or not there is evidence to support the murder of Caylee, not the death.

I think it was worded that way maybe so that Casey knows the arrest is coming and in their own way giving her somewhat of an open window to lead them to a body before the arrest..I think that with her knowing the arrest is coming, maybe she will lead someone in the right direction, that too, and because she will not know for sure what charges will be until she is actually arrested, scare her enough to say something..JMHO

Could someone help me out ? It seems that everyone here assumes that Caylee's body has yet to be found, but I can't find anything that specifically states this to be true.
I've been operating under the assumption (since Tim Miller left) that her body was found, and forensic testing is currently being done to determine (if possible) cause and
manner of death.
I may have taken a wrong turn here and need a map! If someone would point me in the direction of a statement from LE that will clear this up I'd be most appreciative.

There was a case in San Antonio, TX in the last 10 years (and I am not going into all the background on it) where the wife was missing, there was some blood found in the home and they found splinters of a leg bone in the back yard. Unfortunately, they could not charge the husband with homicide because, technically, someone could have lost their leg and still be alive. Talk about frustrating for LE! As far as I know, that case is still 'open'.

It does seem that there is more evidence in this case, and I hope some type of homicide charge can be made.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back