Where did the prosecution go wrong?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best bet is that it was Jennifer Ford, based off her comments and the fact that she was the VERY first juror to come forward. I think she pushed and pushed hard for the acquittal.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, I don't feel Jennifer Ford pushed for the acquittal. I believe there were some older, stronger personalities on the jury panel that would over shadow Jennifer's opinion. I believe Jennifer was ignorant..... plain and simple of the law and relied on the other juror's knowledge of the law whatever that was.

I get it now.

This jury did not want to watch Discovery Channel, they wanted to see The Real World, Big Brother, play out in the courtroom. The intellect of teenagers, they have.

Dr. G was not sexy enough for them, but Dr. Spitz was, with all of his sass. LDB was not sexy enough for them in her serious tones, but JB was with all of his bravado.

So, maybe the state should have done one of two things for this <modsnip> jury: Made the case go on for many months longer until they understood what a spiteful B!!&ch KC really is, 'cause there's a lot of nuance there that they did not get, or just plain gotten down in the mud with JB-Examples (and JB would've objected to all of these, but ya can't unring a bell):

-The state should've called ZG to talk about how GA was apologetic but KC spun a web of lies and is suing her.
-The state should've called TonyR to talk about how KC could not come have sex because of the snothead.
-The state should've called Jesse and had him talk about how JB tried to blame him for murder until they could not make it stick
-The state should have called Tracey for EVERYTHING she has had to say
-The state should have had Ryan repeat what he said about how KC often mentioned being hindered by Caylee and how a lot of people think KC is nice, but having known her since he was 5 and being her "best friend," he knows how she can be a total "hard arse" and nasty individual.
-The state should have had Kio talk about how KC was willing to give her daughter over to another single 19 year old in adoption.
-The state should have called Annie to talk about how CA constantly interrupted Casey's party time
-The state should've asked Roy Kronk about how the defense tried to blame him for the murder, but they could not make it work out cause there was no way to connect him to KC
-The state should have called Tim Miller to talk about GA's willingness to get KC to talk, but how CA would cover for the "cheerleader."
-The state should have had JoeJ talk about Mort
-The state should've coached RK, GA to make sure to put it out there that JB was paid $200K in blood money
-The state should've had Shirley talk about KC's spite
-The state should have called the computer store guy to talk about how KC treated Caylee in his store
-The state should've had one of their witnesses blurt out that JB has a criminal record and barely passed the bar because of it
-The state should have had Lt. Under mention KC's reaction to the remains discovery

None of the above is evidence of murder, but they clearly did not want evidence, they wanted to address character. Clearly, because they keep saying they did not care for George's character, damn the evidence. So, the state should've attacked KC's character, made it a mud fight, and taken the objections.

How freakin sad that people really are this dumbed down.

OOHH Jayla Thanks was not enough !!!

I had the same problem as you did Lil. I believe now as I look back on it that some of the jurors were not really aware that you do not have to prove cause of death. Perfect example (Scott Peterson case) Their ignorance caused this not guilty verdict. I can't understand why within those 11 hours of deliberation that they did not look at the evidence, watch tapes, photos etc. nothing.......... I believe they wanted more of a CSI ending with more forensics and again jury ignorance. I was not able to see the trial everyday but what I did see, I think the prosecution should have made more of a point that any forensic evidence would be completely destroyed with Caylee being in the swamp for over 6 months. In this case justice did not prevail. Sad but true......

BBM. When they say cause of death I think they mean the manner of death. At least that's how I interpreted what they are saying. They felt that without knowing the manner of death (accident or murder) they couldn't say "the death was caused by the criminal act of Casey Marie Anthony" which meant they couldn't find her guilty of murder 1 or murder 2.

I do not think the prosecution did anything wrong. They presented evidence and witnesses to back up the evidence, and their case flowed well. There were missing pieces to the puzzle but that is not unusual for any trial.

KC just got lucky. Very, very lucky. And she got lucky over and over again.

She threw out the evidence and it lay undiscovered for six months, even though it came very close to being discovered months sooner.

CA cleaned up the car trunk and washed KC's pants and other items in the car.

The duct tape was misplaced along the way at one of the missing child locations.

And as luck would have it, KC got a jury that chose not to listen as closely when the prosecution spoke.

They say all things happen for a reason. I like to believe that but right now it isn't easy. Just looking at how all this played out makes me wonder how on EARTH did KC get so lucky time and time again. She killed her child and disposed of the body close to home, in an area where it seems reasonable it should have been found sooner rather than later. Yet, it was later. And it was after storms hit and flooded the area, erasing all forensic evidence that directly linked KC to the bags and the tape.

We might consider this story a masterpiece of fiction if we did not know it all to be true. But KC slipping through the fingers of justice had nothing to do with the prosecution doing wrong. And it certainly had nothing to do with KC being a mastermind or possessing higher than average intelligence.

It boils down to luck, pure and simple. The question though, is WHY was KC the recipient of such luck?

It would have really helped if the Prosecution would have mentioned the exact ingredients for chloroform and a search warrant that produced those ingredients from the A house. I also think it would have had a huge impact to use her cell phone pings to show her whereabouts so KC could be connected to the areas involved. Im not sure why these things were omitted, could be the Prosecution thought they had enough evidence and had to stop somewhere. I dont know.
I think if they presented the car being left at Amscot and KC cell phone pings in that area, the jury would have had some of the pieces they were looking for to connect her to the scenes.

I do not think the prosecution did anything wrong. They presented evidence and witnesses to back up the evidence, and their case flowed well. There were missing pieces to the puzzle but that is not unusual for any trial.

KC just got lucky. Very, very lucky. And she got lucky over and over again.

She threw out the evidence and it lay undiscovered for six months, even though it came very close to being discovered months sooner.

CA cleaned up the car trunk and washed KC's pants and other items in the car.

The duct tape was misplaced along the way at one of the missing child locations.

And as luck would have it, KC got a jury that chose not to listen as closely when the prosecution spoke.

They say all things happen for a reason. I like to believe that but right now it isn't easy. Just looking at how all this played out makes me wonder how on EARTH did KC get so lucky time and time again. She killed her child and disposed of the body close to home, in an area where it seems reasonable it should have been found sooner rather than later. Yet, it was later. And it was after storms hit and flooded the area, erasing all forensic evidence that directly linked KC to the bags and the tape.

We might consider this story a masterpiece of fiction if we did not know it all to be true. But KC slipping through the fingers of justice had nothing to do with the prosecution doing wrong. And it certainly had nothing to do with KC being a mastermind or possessing higher than average intelligence.

It boils down to luck, pure and simple. The question though, is WHY was KC the recipient of such luck?

I do not believe KC has been "lucky". On the surface, yes, she has slithered and slimed her way out of a murder conviction and the formal consequences for it our society has developed (incarceration).

So maybe she's been lucky "for now", but the real world is an uglier place for a relatively defenseless, petite female. KC is a kind of human parasite (I mean this scientifically), she's unable to live successfully without another's voluntary or involuntary support. She's crippled.

There are worse things than getting LWOP and "worldly" justice.

So when I think of luck, I don't think of KC. If she didn't have it coming, and practically asks for it by her behavior, I'd feel afraid for and sorry for her. She's been thrown to the wolves. She's one of the most UNfortunate people to litter the earth.

BBM: Prosecution was not allowed to bring anything into evidence regarding previous offenses either convicted of or accused of.

Glad you mentioned this. I thought Cindy opened the door when Baez asked her when something occurred and she answered (paraphrasing from memory) "I know it was afer Casey's fraud charges..." I thought surely the SA would jump on that but they let it pass.

IMO...since the jury mentioned the "motive" issue....although, this would be a double edged sword, BUT, I think the prosecution could have played up the "Caylee was in the way" for KC to party, etc. It could/would have made TL and TR the "villans", as well, in some peoples mind.

1) There was the paper in KC's car with her name in various forms of being married to TL.
2) TL, himself, said he didn't want Caylee to stay over at the apt. because of the lifestyle they lived there....wasn't a place for a young child. (paraphrasing)
3) We heard that TL wanted to have "boys" when he had children.
4) Just MORE info re: Cindy calling KC to come home to take care of Caylee....Cindy wanted to go out, etc.
5) MAYBE the "snot nose" comment about Caylee in her IM with TR....and the rest of the convo. about not being able to "see him" (LOL...to be read "booty call") because no one else was around to take care of Caylee.

It seemed the jury just wasn't gettin it. The fact that even though CA would take care of Caylee and loved her....I think even CA wanted to go places, AND, IMO....rightly so....she wanted KC to be a responsible mother to Caylee - like a mother is SUPPOSED to be....not just when it was convenient or a "show" for pics and videos. Almost reminds me of that "16 and Pregnant" show where often the girl wants to go out and they constantly use mom as the "babysitter" and the mom starts to get PO'd and reminds them that it is THEIR child and they need to step up and take responsibility....although those babies don't end up found thrown out like trash....or have a fake nanny.

Yes, yes, and yes. :banghead:

I had the same problem as you did Lil. I believe now as I look back on it that some of the jurors were not really aware that you do not have to prove cause of death. Perfect example (Scott Peterson case) Their ignorance caused this not guilty verdict. I can't understand why within those 11 hours of deliberation that they did not look at the evidence, watch tapes, photos etc. nothing.......... I believe they wanted more of a CSI ending with more forensics and again jury ignorance. I was not able to see the trial everyday but what I did see, I think the prosecution should have made more of a point that any forensic evidence would be completely destroyed with Caylee being in the swamp for over 6 months. In this case justice did not prevail. Sad but true......
I agree completely and I cant let the jury off the hook like so many seem to want to do in this case.
Like you I feel too many want a CSI tv presentation and if the prosecuters dont have it (in real life few do) they havent proved their case.
Also the dismissal of circumstantial evidence,in Casey's case her post 'disappearence' behavior is absolutely damning at least it should be to anyone with a lick of sense.
It spoke far more loudly and clearly then her defense teams web of utterly contrived implausibilities and equivocations.
Yet even in these forums Ive read where there are those who feel its unfair to even consider it.
Circumstantial evidence is valid in a court of law and its up to the jurors to evaluate it intelligently and carefully.
Something these jurors obviously did not do .

Not so sure if it was the prosecution .. I think it went wrong in the investigation... Cindy should have been charged for attempting to cover the suspected murder...IMO...
IF that would have happened, maybe they could have brought the June 15th fight between KC and Cindy also...

I think they should have played her ala Susan Smith because that is what this is all about. She found Tony. She wanted Tony. She would have a fit if he teased her about not returning to Florida fm NY. He told her he wanted a boy baby someday, not a girl.

This case reeks of Susan Smith and should have been played as such.

The SA would never get Cindy to say she fought w/ICA. Cindy is a loose cannon. I see Baez had no problem getting her to pergure herself either. She followed his lead. So did Lee. The only who didn't was GA. GA tells the truth about ICA. Jury believes and relates to Lee and cindy and hate George....go figure.

I think these jurors had a six week vacation at a luxury hotel, had good food and were reay to go home. The trial was just a side show for them. They had to do that to earn their stay in luxury. They reviewed nothing. They all agreed GA is a bum; ICA is cute and child-like. Let's go home. She could never have hurt a child. Her friends said she was an amazing and wonderful mother.

Why didn't SA ask her friends, "Exactly how many times and for how long each time did you actually see Caylee"? How long have you know ICA? These young adults have no idea of motherhood. I get mad everytime I think of the jury and their ignorance.

CA was trying everything to get ICA to bond with Caylee..mo. She forced her to spend time with her child. I think she knew she wasn't working and was hoping she was nurturing Caylee.

Cindy had Caylee sleep in bed w/Casey...and I think CA was hoping KC was bonding. Cindy admitted to tucking them in.

There was no bonding taking place....just resentment. Cindy wanted the world to see differently. She wanted everyone to see what a good mother kc is. What a shame this jury didn't understand the importance of what they were doing. I think the men on the jury were spellbound and the woman followed the males' decision.

Evidently, the State picked the wrong computer expert ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-data-error-20110719,0,2626026.story

However, this info pertains to the search for 'chloroform' by itself and not the "how to make chloroform" search.

But even as a juror who could have discarded the computer search evidence as premeditiation, I would have FCA guilty of felony murder by aggravated child abuse. No 911, no accident ...

Prosecuters displayed to much cockiness - irritating and disliked by jurors as well as
viewers. Has the lady prosecutor made any public statements?

CA was trying everything to get ICA to bond with Caylee..mo. She forced her to spend time with her child. I think she knew she wasn't working and was hoping she was nurturing Caylee.

Cindy had Caylee sleep in bed w/Casey...and I think CA was hoping KC was bonding. Cindy admitted to tucking them in.

There was no bonding taking place....just resentment. Cindy wanted the world to see differently. She wanted everyone to see what a good mother kc is. What a shame this jury didn't understand the importance of what they were doing. I think the men on the jury were spellbound and the woman followed the males' decision.

IMO this is true, Casey didn't bond with Caylee. Casey was leaving infant Caylee with the Grunds and with a friend while she went to imaginary work. I'd like to know where she really was, and if she was with friends, why they thought that was okay.

Evidently, the State picked the wrong computer expert ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-data-error-20110719,0,2626026.story

However, this info pertains to the search for 'chloroform' by itself and not the "how to make chloroform" search.

But even as a juror who could have discarded the computer search evidence as premeditiation, I would have FCA guilty of felony murder by aggravated child abuse. No 911, no accident ...

IMO, this means very little anyway. It was disputed in court that the 84 times for the search for chloroform was not accurate, that it was only one search. Irregardless, whether it was 84 times or once, it was there, along with another separate search for "how to MAKE chloroform", along with some level of chloroform found in the trunk. Add the duct tape, the bag from the home, the pooh blanket from the home, the remains site, the 31 days, no 911 call, etc., etc, etc.,..........still brings everything right back to KC. There were mistakes on both sides, but IMO, the prosecution team did the work to prove their case the best they knew how and believed in their evidence. It's interesting how Mr. Mason is so quick to point fingers of shame at them for testimony that was faulty after the fact when the DT's testimony was faulty from word one. Doesn't change anything for me. Chloroform searched 84 times or once, she's still guilty as sin.

IMO, this means very little anyway. It was disputed in court that the 84 times for the search for chloroform was not accurate, that it was only one search. Irregardless, whether it was 84 times or once, it was there, along with another separate search for "how to MAKE chloroform", along with some level of chloroform found in the trunk. Add the duct tape, the bag from the home, the pooh blanket from the home, the remains site, the 31 days, no 911 call, etc., etc, etc.,..........still brings everything right back to KC. There were mistakes on both sides, but IMO, the prosecution team did the work to prove their case the best they knew how and believed in their evidence. It's interesting how Mr. Mason is so quick to point fingers of shame at them for testimony that was faulty after the fact when the DT's testimony was faulty from word one. Doesn't change anything for me. Chloroform searched 84 times or once, she's still guilty as sin.

I don't care if she searched once or a hundred. The fact that they had an interet in HOW TO MAKE CHLOROFORM and there WAS evidence of chloroform in the car is suffficient evidence for me. I wonder if things would be different if Casey had searched for "how to buy a handgun" and they had found a bullet in her trunk.

I would be surprised if I'm the only one who has found themselves in a dispute where you were dealing with a person that took the low road and seemed to win in the end.
I believe the prosecution presented an intelligent, logical and well presented case.
The defense IMO took the low road using cheap tactics, brainwashing, sometimes interesting expert witnesses, accusations that were presented in evidential form.
Baez will not win any awards for public speaking, his lack of experience was obvious at least to me, his presentation was confusing and unorganized. I believe the jury responded to his form of defense. One juror had pointed out the prosecutions lack of judgement as to the pig in a blanket joke but made no mention to Baez's inappropriate cutting the cheese joke in his closing statement! I was really struck as to the DT closing, the form of brainwashing tactics that were used to create a bond with the jurors and once he had them he repeatly crammed the phrase beyond any and all possible reasonable doubt. Personally attacking the prosecution instead of attacking the evidence and using emotion to create doubt. Listening to the comments made by the jurors I'm really surprised at their lack of understanding as to the guidelines they had presented to them to make an informed decision as to a verdict and the short amount of time that was taken to come to such an important decision. I can tell you honestly that when the trial began I wasn't sure of FICA guilt. It's hard as a mother and grandmother to imagine that any woman could take the life of her own child but after listening to both sides I couldn't see any other verdict but guilty. I did see some holes in the prosecutions case but they weren't large enough IMO that I couldn't make the connection from FICA - Caylee-items in the home- opportunity-manner of death-trunk of car-wooded area-NEVER reporting her child missing-behavior before and after-lying. IMO it would have taken me longer than 10 hours to go through and make sure my guilty verdict could be supported by the evidence.
The questions some of the jurors were asking afterwards really scare me because I honestly believe they were answered in that courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay