Where is Casey? (All things related to FCA's location) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they will be curious. They are going to wonder how she has a house with a security system yet no income. I wish I could have that! No more annoying mortgage and no monthly payment to a security company!

Along with utilities, food, clothing, etc.
If she doesn't admit to the truth about where the money is coming from, will they think she is doing something illegally? Like prostitution?

I think you both are right - and what I wonder by the look of Jose's new much quieter self, and you have to admit on the Geraldo clip, he was a bit weird - I'm wondering if he has made some kind of a deal already that is his usual - umm - not quite open and above board - and because he is being so closely watched right now he's terrified he is going to be discovered and really fall into it.

Maybe he thought he could hide FCA away taking online courses so she wouldn't be reporting an income - but what if she actually gets a job and has to report income - then he'll be in double doodoo for not reporting the secondary one and she'll be back in the clink - while he's worried about being disbarred.[/QUOTE]

Like the Double Secret Probation, it is the Double Karma Train Comin' Down the Tracks, and maybe quicker than we all could have hoped.
IMO.

Yes. She just can't go to shot houses after hours, maybe even some of the private clubs where you bring your own bottle (they do exist). There are plenty of them. Or work where anyone under 21 is served alcohol illegally, if 21 is the age in Florida. Anyone can feel free to add, this is just what happens in my state, I think Florida has even more action going on.

I have nothing to add, but to confirm for you that 21 is indeed the legal age to drink in FL.

Surely all the post trial motions, etc that Baez is doing is not still being paid for by the State of Florida?
Remember in the beginning KC said she was going to the beach after this was all over. I expect that's exactly what she will do. And I'm wondering which attorney is getting her a car to drive (does she still have a valid DL?), money or credit card to use and a place to live. One of them must be. I also do not believe she can or will change her name and all that jazz. She's a felon and on probation. I don't think it's allowed, at least not right now.

Bolding mine.

About that hearing......didn't I read just recently that it was held in Judge's chambers, and then sealed? IF there is any money left from that $200k, and IF she's living off it now, it would be interesting to see it show up on her monthly forms.

Does anyone know why the records of the accounting of how those funds were spent was sealed? And what's up with the motion by the Orlando Sentinel (I think?) to have them unsealed? Any word on that?

..bob kealing tweeted on that recently----so they haven't let up on it anyway..

bobkealingbob kealing
Nadda yet“@starmonkie2: @nodoubt12wrong @ **Hey BOB! what happened to the request to unsealrecords to see how 200,000 was spent ?
11 Aug

bobkealingbob kealing
Not that ive seen yet“@notthatsmart1: @starmonkie2@nodoubt12wrong is defense fighting public records request for info on the 200000.00?”
11 Aug

( hmmm..interesting that "notthatsmart" is wondering about it..)

Question for someone that might know? When your on probabtion, do you get an ID number (like when your in jail) ?

..i would love it if kc IS staying with ann finnel in Jacksonville----she wouldn't put up with any of kc's drama and laziness....

bobkealingbob kealing
Jax/St Augustine unkown if true“@BluizeMargie: I heard on twitter that CA reported in St John County, how far is that from Orange County”

25 Aug

Question for someone that might know? When your on probabtion, do you get an ID number (like when your in jail) ?

..yes--------on kc's paperwork it shows the line for DC# next to her name, the # is then blacked out...

..i would love it if kc IS staying with ann finnel in Jacksonville----she wouldn't put up with any of kc's drama and laziness....

bobkealingbob kealing
Jax/St Augustine unkown if true“@BluizeMargie: I heard on twitter that CA reported in St John County, how far is that from Orange County”

25 Aug

Jacksonville is in Duval County, actually it pretty much IS Duval County, since its consolidation many years ago, but it is right next door to St. John's County, so anything's possible.

Jacksonville is in Duval County, actually it pretty much IS Duval County, since its consolidation many years ago, but it is right next door to St. John's County, so anything's possible.

Maybe she's staying with "Jeff's" mother and Jeff's new stepfather. jmo

Just pulled this off of westlaw, some information regarding foreign trusts, I'm sure she could start an llc, sell it to the trust and get hidden money. Makes me think this probation issue definitely put a hink in plans that involved getting out of the country to some extent.. Once you read this, you will realize it is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TO SUE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY..

Foreign Trusts Advantages

Because of the numerous shortcomings of domestic trusts just discussed, more and more wealthy individuals (and their advisors) are looking offshore. There are now a small number of foreign countries that offer superior asset protection for the following reasons:
Their very foreignness -Location, currency, language, customs, court systems, etc., all must be learned and dealt with by the creditor.

Distance from U.S.

Must hire a local attorney -Most countries do not allow contingency fees. Further, most attorneys will be conflicted out and, therefore, unavailable to the creditor because of current work with one or more of the country's large trust companies.

Bond -In most cases, forfeitable bond must be posted to institute a lawsuit if the plaintiff loses.

Legal fees -The defendant's legal fees may have to be paid by a losing plaintiff.

No Rule Against Perpetuities -A true dynasty trust may be set up for unlimited future generations which also allows taking full advantage of the $1 million generation-skipping transfer tax exemption.

Grantor -The grantor may be a discretionary beneficiary and the trust will still be protected against creditor attack.

Global investment opportunities

are not limited to SEC-approved securities -Note, however, the assets need not be relocated to the foreign country. The grantor's local trusted advisor may safely continue to manage the assets unless and until a threat of a lawsuit is perceived.

Difficult to discover -It should be pointed out, however, that secrecy is not the important key to the soundness of this plan.

Difficult to attack -There is a higher burden of proof required to prove the transaction was fraudulent, e.g., beyond a reasonable doubt (the standard of evidence required in the Cook Islands) versus a preponderance of the evidence (the standard required in most states.) The transfer must have been fraudulent as to the particular creditor who is the plaintiff. Finally, if a transfer is found to be fraudulent as to a particular creditor, only such assets will be set aside as are necessary to satisfy that creditor's claim, forcing each creditor to litigate separately.

Judgments obtained in the U.S. are not recognized by the foreign entity, i.e., no comity -A new lawsuit must be begun on foreign soil, retrying the claim. Witnesses, exhibits and all other evidence must be transported to the foreign country at great expense to the creditor.

Short statutes of limitations -These may range from zero to two years from the date the property is titled in the name of the trust if the grantor was solvent at such time and if an obligation or liability existed on the date of transfer and the transferor had actual notice of it. After the period has run, no creditors may attack the trust on fraudulent transfer grounds.

A transfer to a trust that took place before a cause of action accrued is not deemed to be fraudulent and therefore cannot be attacked.

Maybe she's staying with "Jeff's" mother and Jeff's new stepfather. jmo

:floorlaugh: Or maybe with Clint House. :eek: Nah, he's made it pretty clear that he thinks she should not have been acquitted.

I don't know if the news reached here or not, but I read a few days ago that he got a group of bike riding friends together recently and held a 'ride' to bring attention to the plight of endangered children....said he did it to take attention in the media away from Mr. Anthony and place the attention back on Caylee, where he believes it belongs. But he has apparently been criticized in Jacksonville for trying to have his "15 minutes" and that's addressed in the link below:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/28857544/detail.html

Sorry for OT.

ETA: Sorry, the ride was to bring attention to Caylee's Law.

:floorlaugh: Or maybe with Clint House. :eek: Nah, he's made it pretty clear that he thinks she should not have been acquitted.

I don't know if the news reached here or not, but I read a few days ago that he got a group of bike riding friends together recently and held a 'ride' to bring attention to the plight of endangered children....said he did it to take attention in the media away from Mr. Anthony and place the attention back on Caylee, where he believes it belongs. But he has apparently been criticized in Jacksonville for trying to have his "15 minutes" and that's addressed in the link below:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/28857544/detail.html

Sorry for OT.

ETA: Sorry, the ride was to bring attention to Caylee's Law.

way to go, clint house! I think that is absolutely wonderful.

but all this talk about FCA "protecting" her money, I believe is a moot point. Moving to a foreign country would only make it nearly impossible to sue her and take what little she does make. In order to do all this with starting an LLC and selling it to a foregn trust blah blah, takes MONEY. First, lets just start with a figure, and I think this is HIGH, she gets 2 million. I don't care what country the money is funneled through, JB gets 33% so she's down to about a million. Worse case scenario on a 50% tax she's left with 500K, if she LLC's and does some tricky maneuvering she may get taxed on a profit as low as say 20% so she's left with 800K. All this legal maneuvering is going to run her upwards of around 20K, over this year alone, she is going to owe money to JB for supporting her, who knows what a 24 security, housing, food, insurance etc... is going to cost and with interest maybe say $50K, plus his continuing legal fees for appeals I'd say will clock in near or over $20K. Next is the plane ticket to the country $2k. Once she gets there...... She has a whopping $400-800K. I'm being VERY optimistic about her earnings mind you........ Let's split it down the middle, she's got $600K. I guarintee she will easily blow the first $100 within a year, and let's not forget she has to pay a tax attorney and financial attorney on an ongoing basis. So she ends up with $500. To us that would be life changing. Go to college with 100K, buy a house with 200K and invest the rest.... To her? A fool and her money are soon parted my friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth