Which Specific Aspect of this ENTIRE Case Keeps You Drawn IN???

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me, it's the constant release of information from the police files. I don't ever recall this happening in any other case. It really is fascinating.

O/T, but we could have this in every case once there is someone charged. Discovery is always released in every state to my knowledge and is public record. I believe the sunshine laws are for the media to have the ability to post them. Any one of us could go to the courthouse and pick up the discovery and scan it in and share if they were so inclined (hint, hint) Also when you hear on the news, "we just obtained documents...." we could all ask that news outlet to post them as they have in this case. There is another thread on amendments to the sunshine laws. I for one think not only should they not be amended, but I hope this case sets a precedent for others in the future to release as much info. It is always fascinating. And as tax payers we all have the right to see what our government entities are doing, not just to see what she has done but to make sure that they have the right person in custody (my state has a problem with this from time to time and a rule that allows them to cover it up) and authorities are doing a proper job. When you commit a crime you lose your rights to privacy, at least where that crime is concerned.

That being said, for me it is a burning desire, like an angry little man in my head jumping up and down seeking only justice for this poor sweet baby. I am terrified there is going to be that one juror that she bats her eyes at through the whole trial that is going to stand in the way of justice for our Caylee. The angrier I get over this the more my head feels like it is going to break open an spill hot lava down my shoulders. It may just happen if she is found not guilty.

For me, its a variety of things. First being that it all has happened so close to me, since I live in Orlando. RM's townhouse is walking distance to my house. The Target where she bought the gas cans with AH is the Target I usually go to. The Target right near AL's apartment is the other one I go to alot. My husband works very close to the Anthony's home and eats lunch at a restaurant right near there at least once a week. I keep thinking that I could've seen her and Caylee somewhere in our travels or at one of those Targets and probably wouldn't have thought anything of it, not knowing that this woman was capable of doing such a hideous thing or that the sweet little girl was in jeopardy. And, it makes me now look at strangers a little bit differently.

The other thing is the lies. The truth of what happened is all tangled up in this crazy web of lies and I just can't help but want to know what happened. Its like a soap opera, only sadly, its a true story.

What got me captivated and still , i think in part, keeps me glued to this is the propensity and shameless way KC lies. Its plain amazing to me how she has lived in this life of lies and doesn't crack. Her stoneface and calmness through it all.

I know they say she's a sociopath but Ive never seen anyone not crack in the face of all the evidence of her lies. Its just plain astonishing to me. Its like I keep watching to see what will make her crack, what will make her say something. From being pregnant, to working, to friends, to killing her daughter. Even all these mothers that have killed their children admit to it. It's like she just expected everyone to forget that her baby ever existed.

No the whol circus of it keeps me riveted. It like a big puzzle. All missing children cases get to me, all children murders get to me. But the sheer complexity of this case keeps drawing me in.

After hearing about this case on NG, I decided I wanted to read and learn everything I could about this case which quickly brought me to this website. I have been a lurker for months and just this week got registered and as a Newbie have posted a few times! I am fascinated with all the documents and interviews and just amazed at KC's lies. I just want to know what happened. Will we really have to wait 2 years? Oh my goodness, what a case!!

For me it is the fact that KC is the same age as me. I could not imagine being in the situation that she is in at this age. And that this has taken place so close to me.

I am not obsessive about this case, but I do follow it as often as I can. Some days I just barely scratch the surface, some days I get to read and listen a couple of hours in the morning, sometimes an hour or two at night. It's all of it together that keeps me interested, but mainly Caylee... a beautiful little girl that most of us never met until she was already dead... and that is the saddest part.

Global internet trafficking crimes against children is what has kept me here on W/S. Our new Pres. is starting a panel to attack these crimes. During the republican yrs. this subject was swept under a rug no matter how many documentaries have been done. These crimes are the most lucrative involving corporate America. Yes I see red! :mad: Join our president in protecting our children. Take time out and get invoved. :clap:

I've been thinking about this for months and months.

I was a young single mother, divorced with a little daughter and I wanted to go out and have fun. I've tried to figure out what the difference between what I wanted to do and what Casey wanted.
--------------------------
Sorry to snip. But I am really interested in your perspective, you have been a young mother. In contrast, I decided that I didn't want a child until later in life. For me, it was difficult enough to try to achieve some of the things I wanted in life, without having a child.

This is where I get stymied on this case: Many young women have children. What makes them put that child before their own wants and needs?

I was a young single mother, divorced with a little daughter and I wanted to go out and have fun. I've tried to figure out what the difference between what I wanted to do and what Casey wanted.
Sorry to snip. But I am really interested in your perspective, you have been a young mother. In contrast, I decided that I didn't want a child until later in life. For me, it was difficult enough to try to achieve some of the things I wanted in life, without having a child.

This is where I get stymied on this case: Many young women have children, and members on websleuths have stated as such. What makes them put that child before their own wants and needs?

This is where I get stymied on this case: Many young women have children, and members on websleuths have stated as such. What makes them put that child before their own wants and needs?

For me it is all of the reasons that everyone else stated above - well, most of them anyway. But I'd have to say that more than anything else, I want to know what was Casey thinking - when she killed Caylee? when she left her in the car? when she dumped the body? when she told family & friends she was with the nanny all that time? when she didn't leave town during the month before anyone else realized Caylee was missing? when she told all the lies to police? when she told all the lies to family and friends even before Caylee's death? when she stole money from family & friends? when she was arrested again and again? when Caylee's remains were found? when her dad was hospitalized? when her lawyer said not guilty?

What is she thinking every day in her cell?

Was it premeditated murder or some accident she didn't want to own up to like a chloroform overdose?

Will she ever admit what she has done and tell the truth or will she carry this Zani the Nanny story with her to her grave after she spends her life in prison?

Will we ever know the truth? And if we do, will it ever make any sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini
Back