Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

I find it odd that at least 2 times on the stand, Cindy said that her memory is better today than it was 3 years ago. Her attorney also said on Nancy Grace (after Cindy testified she did the searches) that Cindy's memory is better today because of the medication change. That would be my argument.

However, I do not think they will prosecute her. I kind of feel like you - leave them alone, but I also think it gives a bad example - What is the point of having a trial? Everyone can lie. There are no consequences.

if she is guilty.....which I believe she is...than...yes ...this is a high profile case ...I believe it would make headline news...and set an example for all...JMHO

Obviously Cindy Anthony commited perjury. The "law" clearly does not allow for that...she has broken the law and must be punished for that. Howevre, the real question is: Does the "law" apply to all people equally, or, does the "law" give special consideration to those who some feel sorry for, to those that wield power and authority, to those who are wealthy, to those who are celebrities?

I disagree because Cindy has been lying since Casey was arrested the first time . That's when there was supposedly a Zanny that had Caylee. Cindy has been building on her lies for three years.If she wanted to save Casey's life she would have implored Casey to make a deal with the Prosecution. JMO

I think this is a really good point. If she wanted to only save Casey from the death penalty she would have begged her to make a deal earlier. Maybe that happened, because of course we are not privy to all that has gone on. But there do not appear to be any jail house tapes to indicate Cindy or George are ever interrogating Casey, trying to get the real truth from her, or guiding her to face the consequences and save her life with a plea. That is what I would have expected.

she won't be because she was coached "too well" by her attorneys to say that "she believed" or "to the best of my recollection".

Cindy, is writing "her side of the story" She sneered at the world, when she lied to save a daughter, that would take or be involved with the death of little Calee.
You listen to Tim Miller...He believe's as I do, they knew..that she wsas dead long befor they stopped taking MONEY!

Just listened to Bill Schaefer on WFTV. He says that he doubts very much the State will prosecute CA, because if they did the defense would be that it was a vindictive response to the lack of a conviction.

I don't believe Cindy will be prosecuted. Not that I didn't want that. And I must say, I am so sick of seeing their atty; Mark Lippman on TV, just to say he can't discuss anything. Then just go tend to your clients.:banghead:

I supported the Anthony family from day 1 and felt compassion especially for Cindy.

After the verdict I feel the complete opposite and realise that I was so blind to what she was doing, she tricked me!

Those little lies Cindy gave, George gave and Lee gave ALL contributed to letting a baby killer walk free. Now I can see the BIG picture I feel like a complete numpty in supporting them support a child killer.

I now firmly believe that the whole lot of them, George included for all his lies HAVE A CHILDS BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS!

I am a very placid, laid back person who will find empathy and compassion for all living creatures....this verdict has rattled my being to its very core

Yes she should be , but she will probably get off with it - if Casey can get off with committing murder then I doubt a prosecution for perjury would succeed!

The judge believes in the jury system, I am sure this is not the first time the verdict went a way that surprised him. What he can control is what happens in his courtroom and he can, if he opts to, have Cindy charged. The cost of bringing the search of Gentiva's records just added more to the pile of dollars spent. He may have her brought before him to answer, and explain the gravity of what she has done and what consequences are possible - may fine her - but I really don't think she will be prosecuted. I wanted blood - but not hers - that would give me no satisfaction.

However, there was a clip of a sheriff taking something to the door at the A's house - may have been a summons?

I guess I wasn't clear in my question and I'm sorry if I wasn't.

I'm not asking about convictions or even being charged.

The question of the thread is if she should be charged.

My question is, what does the fact she's a nurse have to do with whether or not she should be charged.
Charging her with the actual crime she commited would result in her losing her nursing license. If she will sit there on the stand in a court of law and lie after swearing to tell the truth whats to stop her from doing the same thing in a healthcare setting?

We have high standards of practice and expect the nurses we work with
to uphold the law. Patients lives are in our hands. She lied about doing computer search. She said she did when it was proven she was not at the location where the computer was. You may think it's no big deal, but say you have an allergy to pecenillin and the doctor asks me to give you some medicine, he asks does Kim have any allergies? I say '"no sir she doesn''t I looked on the computer earlier". I give you two tablets and in 5 min you die from anaphylactic shock. ~ would that be ok with you? :seeya:
it was just a lie...

Ms. Anthony has no business in the medical community. EVER.

Let's not forget that Martha Stewart served time for lying, if its good enough for her than it's good enough for Cindy Anthony.

At this point, not really knowing what went on within the Anthony household in 2008,
It would probably be best to just let it lie for awhile

Enough is enough. Even Nancy Grace, the "queen of victim's rights" said she would lie to save her child from the death penalty, too. Her testimony ended up being irrelevant anyway.

I supported the Anthony family from day 1 and felt compassion especially for Cindy.

After the verdict I feel the complete opposite and realise that I was so blind to what she was doing, she tricked me!

Those little lies Cindy gave, George gave and Lee gave ALL contributed to letting a baby killer walk free. Now I can see the BIG picture I feel like a complete numpty in supporting them support a child killer.

I now firmly believe that the whole lot of them, George included for all his lies HAVE A CHILDS BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS!

I am a very placid, laid back person who will find empathy and compassion for all living creatures....this verdict has rattled my being to its very core

*Hugs*

Yes, I think Cindy Anthony should be prosecuted for perjury. Had she let the system do its work (from the get-go), we might have learned the truth and learned it a long time ago. Additionally, she put the jury in the position of trying to weed through what was truth on her part and what were lies, muddying the waters and making it all the more difficult for them to find ICA guilty. Yes, she is grieving and yes, her life is in a shambles. But whose fault is that? She made her bed.

Let's not forget that Martha Stewart served time for lying, if its good enough for her than it's good enough for Cindy Anthony.
ok never mind! Cindy will think she is Martha...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back