Who bought KathiB's website name? JB/the defense team?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Capri

Reaction score
http://flnewscenter.com/?tag=kathi-belich

This article pretty much says it all, but apparently on Dec 24, 2009, the website name www.kathibelich.com was purchased. By who? Was it purchased with defense funds? When you click on it, it forwards to JB's Law Firm Website. This article says "Dirty Pool?" Do you think it is?

(More info if you do a search on "jose baez kathi belich website".)

So this is a man who claims he doesn't have the time to get everything done????

ETA: If he, in fact, did this. There not releasing the name of the person who set up this account but it will be interesting to find out for sure. But wouldn't JB's office have come forward with an annoucement that this is a prank by someone else. JB has a complaint if this was not done by someone he knows.

If it is from defense so much for the CM comment that calling KB as a witness has nothing to do with keeping her from reporting the trial. jmo

I am soooo tempted to call his law firm and ask can he represent me. Someone bought my website name and I need legal advice. I just have to wait until hubby leaves. :crazy:

OMG is all I can say. I think JB acts like a little girl.

Note the date of purchase too Dec. 24, 2009. Who sits around on Christmas Eve doing things like this?

Found this:

WFTV: Kathi Belich ‘mildly miffed’ about domain-name prank
Uncategorized — posted by halboedeker on March, 18 2011 11:45 AM

Who is playing a prank on WFTV reporter Kathi Belich?
If you go to kathibelich.com, guess where you land?

Why, the website for Jose Baez’s law firm.

What gives?

WFTV-Channel 9 reporter Kathi Belich has been fierce in her coverage of Baez during the Casey Anthony case. The defense even wanted Belich to appear as a witness. Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. said no to that, ruling that journalists shouldn’t be subjected to “fishing expeditions.”

The domain name is registered through GoDaddy.com. It was created Dec. 24, 2009, expires on that date this year and was last updated Feb. 8. A man at DomainsByProxy.com – which is affiliated with GoDaddy — said he couldn’t give out information on the owner because the accounts are secure.

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said, “I don’t know who did it. We’re taking legal steps to make whoever did it cease and desist.”

The station found out about kathibelich.com three or four weeks ago, Jordan said.

He described Belich as “mildly miffed” about the discovery. “We reserve the right to get more than mildly miffed if we find out who did it,”Jordan said.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ch-mildly-miffed-about-domain-name-prank.html

I don't know who purchased the domain name but SHEESH!

When I try to link the kathibelich.com site from the flnewscenter page, it sends me to "page not found"; however when I type kathibelich.com into my browser it does take me to Baez's law firm's site. ack x 1,000!

I realize the obvious assumption is tempting, but let's try to be careful. I feel pretty much the same way the author of this article does, but we don't know anything for sure....yet. I know, I know...I just hate to start any rumors. It seems that there should be some way to find out who purchased the domain site name. Anyone know how to do that?

He described Belich as “mildly miffed” about the discovery. “We reserve the right to get more than mildly miffed if we find out who did it,”Jordan said.

:floorlaugh: :woohoo:

Oh, the irony. lolol

I hope this trail does lead back to JB & Co. and she can sue the living daylights out of him, but really.....I mean come on.

Note the date of purchase too Dec. 24, 2009. Who sits around on Christmas Eve doing things like this?

:innocent:

<reciting the mantra> "I will not voice my opinion. I will not." :angel:

I am soooo tempted to call his law firm and ask can he represent me. Someone bought my website name and I need legal advice. I just have to wait until hubby leaves. :crazy:

I emailed him and asked if he could give me a link to Kathi. :innocent:

It is possible that someone did it to tick JB off. JB's site will register the clicks from the site, and every time someone clicks, his site will show a hit from Kathi Belich. But the cost seems a bit over the top for a prank. (LOL since I looked it up, it looks like the domain name may have gone for as little as $11.99)

If JB did it, it just goes to show jealousy. He being so jealous that her name is more popular than his own. Sounds like a high school action. Or maybe he is so desparate to drum up business that he would try anything to get people to his site.

LOL give your name as Kathi, refuse to give a last name. Say you are a public figure and don't want it to get out that you are getting legal advice.

It's a Go Daddy site, those domains go pretty cheap.
http://www.whois.net/whois/kathibelich.com

http://www.godaddy.com/

Go Daddy owned the domain name, then they resell it if someone wants to buy it up.

There are actually companies that purchase the domain names of popular celebrities, hoping that someday the celebrity or a fan will want to purchase the domain. But if there is a roll forward on the site, then someone has purchased it from Go Daddy.

To me it's probably the work of an online a$$hat who thinks this is pretty funny. Pretty typical of what passes for a joke out there...:loser:

And obviously someone looking for a laugh with no regard to KB.

But I am surprised KB didn't "buy" her own professional web name in advance since she is now being quoted worldwide.

IIRC, the links at JB's website never worked anyway....maybe this site comes with a better webmaster and we will actually be able to admire JB's credentials now...:pcguru: :pirate:

The sad fact is that anyone can register any domain name they choose, so long as they pay the registration. Someone can register your first, middle and surname (or any combination you can imagine) as a domain if they so choose....unless you have it trademarked.

When you think about it who would get the biggest charge out of doing something like this? Let your mind wander. lol There are quite a few I can think of that would think it was very funny. jmo

This is totally JMO, but I really don't see it being JB. Frankly, I can't give him that much credit...after all we know what this DT thinks LOL stands for.

I agree totally with logicalgirl...this is someone's idea of a funny. And look...it's working. LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back