Who do you think from the SA will deliver Closing Arguments?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you think would be best to deliver Closing Arguments for the States case?

• LDB

Votes: 111 47.4%
  • JA

Votes: 123 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the closing arguments will be from JA, since we haven't heard much from him lately. He has already shown us how methodical and precise his statements can be, and OH what an impact they had on ICA before. (I am personally hoping to see this again!). When JA speaks, everyone is on the edge of their seat.

However, LDB is also awesome! She is articulate and extremely professional. When she speaks, you want to listen to every word. She is very engaging.

I haven't been too impressed with Mr. George. I didn't get that WOW factor from him and don't think he would make a very impressionable closing statement.

I think JA would be best. He's forceful, articulate, shows compassion when needed and I think he would be able to get to the jury.

What say you?

I agree Sunset. LDB is more methodical and plodding. For closing we need raw, powerful emotion. JA has that.

I like them both mainly because they are right on the money.

I think the closing arguments will be from JA, since we haven't heard much from him lately. He has already shown us how methodical and precise his statements can be, and OH what an impact they had on ICA before. (I am personally hoping to see this again!). When JA speaks, everyone is on the edge of their seat.

However, LDB is also awesome! She is articulate and extremely professional. When she speaks, you want to listen to every word. She is very engaging.

I haven't been too impressed with Mr. George. I didn't get that WOW factor from him and don't think he would make a very impressionable closing statement.

I think Mr. George's strong suit might be the "written word". I did, however, like his "pile it on" direct with the friends.

Jeff "KICK THEIR A$$ES AND TAKE NO PRISONERS" Ashton! He is brilliant.

Linda is awesome too, but when you need to bring it home to close the deal, especially with the death penalty on the line, you need someone that will be hardcore and that is Jeff.

Linda was perfect at not offending the jury right from the start with opening statements. She had a soothing, almost calm "you can trust what I'm saying" voice.

BBM

Could not have said it better myself! :rocker:

I vote for Linda. She can be soothing and diplomatic when need be, but I think she can be surprisingly tough and would go all Rambo over KC in the closing arguments. But if it's Jeff, that's fine, too.

Now I'm going to go torture myself and watch Nancy Grace shriek for an hour.

Peace!

I adore LDB!! However I voted for JA. I think he's got more passion, and I think passionately is how they will wrap it up for the jury.

I think the SA's are an awesome team. Each with their own style which compliment and make them a great team. LDB was a great choice for Opening. I would love to see Ashton for closing. I want to hear it driven home in a passionate aggressive manner that he can deliver.

Wow, they're neck in neck! I personally LOVE watching them both in action, equally, but I voted for JA. Reason being because LDB did the opening.

On a side note I wish they would get together and have brilliant little lawyer babies. I know that's wrong on so many levels but maybe just if their genes could get together? :giggle:

I adore LDB!! However I voted for JA. I think he's got more passion, and I think passionately is how they will wrap it up for the jury.

Agree, and since LDB gave the O/S, it wouldn't surprise me if JA gave a very powerful closing.

I vote for Linda. She is of course methodical but we've seen her tough side at times.She's lead on the states side so it would make sense that it would be her. IMO.

I voted for JA because I think he will deliver a powerful, in-your-face close. I do love LDB, though! Either way, justice for Caylee is coming!

Either one would be fantastic, but I voted for JA since LDB did the opening. Love the whole SA team!

Hard to choose, but I pick LDB. She is so good at methodically laying out a clear and easy path to follow. Not as fiery as Ashton, but also doesn't let the DT get under her skin as much.

This is the kind of glibness the closing should be peppered with, IMO, in regards to this evidence-less defense:

'Disingenuous and just plain laughable'

'The intent of the defense to defy the authority of this court...is crystal clear'

'We work in an adversarial system where two lawyers both do THEIR (own) work'

Criticizing the defense...'I am custom to having a reliance on lawyers saying things and meaning what they say'

About the victim and killer...'the last face that she saw was the face of her mother'

I thought his head was gonna pop off when he met AndreaL's uber-feminist, tree hugging, pseudo-philosopher, socio-politically slanted friend, Elizabeth Rappaport. Oh my.
...and the many, many zingers he has shot the way of the defense...If JA can craft that attitude with some softer points about who Caylee Anthony was, he will do just fine.

There oughta be a YouTube of JA's quotable quotes, just sayin'...

I am in awe of LDB. She can build upon facts methodically without any unnecessary drama or attitude. In fact, I am completely impressed by the State Attorneys, each for various reasons.

JA was just getting started that day he made ICA beg her attorneys to make him stop. JA made even ICA feel scared by the truth he spoke about her crimes against her own daughter. JA has a powerful, commanding presence about him that I think is perfect for Closing Statements.

I think it will be JA. I think he will describe the three pieces of duct tape like he did before in one of the past hearings that happened to be on the anniversary of Caylee's body being discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back