Who Is Terri Horman?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is Terri Horman? She is a woman that has an inordinate amount of self control compared to many possible "POI" that have been discussed in other cases on Websleuths. She has remained silent, avoided noticeable mischief or crimes, and hidden herself from the public's view. IMO, this shows that if she killed Kyron it was not because she "snapped" (experienced lapse in self control).

Hi Pensfan, It has always amazed me how people with psychopathic personalities can fool the best. I don't know if she is one, but if she is involved in Kyron's disappearance it would explain how she has distanced herself from the media, maintained a stone face after that first presser and in general gone on about her life as tho nothing had happened at all. We will see, eh?

bbm

Well, I can only speak for myself and the women I know and am close to. And I can say for a certainty that I have never even suggested to another person that I might like to see my husband dead, even on my worst pms day. Nobody could ever misconstrue words I might say to mean that I would like for somebody to kill him.

Also, I have never sent a text to any person that I would be ashamed to have my mother, father, grandparents, or children read out loud on the six o'clock news. Neither have any of the women I associate with that I have discussed this case with. And she and I are pretty close in age, so it is not a generational difference. It is a quality of character difference.

And I have a pretty good rat sniffing nose myself. My nose says TH is neck deep in this mess, and it is all her own fault.

My feelings exactly Gwenabob, and so well said....TY

I believe this is happening because people are discouraged about being unable to find Kyron, not that the urgency has been lost. People love this little boy. We are horrified that he has not yet been found.

Terri may or may not be responsible, but she has brought this negative attention on herself through her actions, and her unwillingness to cooperate with the investigation. She and/or her lawyer must realize that with the high level of frustration toward the lack of progress in this case, many eyes are going to rivet right on to her and not quit staring until there's some progress.

Refresh my memory because I don't recall LE, not Desiree or Kaine, saying that TH was being uncooperative.

Refresh my memory because I don't recall LE, not Desiree or Kaine, saying that TH was being uncooperative.

Let's see, Kyron is still missing, the case has stalled, the divorce is taking a long time, and this is all because one person still refuses to talk (I know the judge had to do with the latest postponement, but this divorce could have been done last year before he retired). I don't see cooperation in any of that. I see someone who knows where he is, willfully not telling anyone, and letting this case drag out just to save herself. Even if she was innocent, she's not doing a darn thing to take heat off of herself and find the real killer either.

And LE did say that she cooperated in the beginning, and then later the language changed to "cooperated off and on." (I'm at work, so I can't look for the exact articles right now, sorry). They haven't commented since that time, and it's quite obvious who has been cooperating and who hasn't in this case.

Whatever and whoever Terri is, she is someone not concerned with the whereabouts of an innocent boy and letting his grieving family bury him and move on. She's not even concerned about her own flesh and blood baby at this point. She is only concerned with herself and her needs, and that is evident by her continued silence.

If Terri killed Kyron, it is very unlikely she will suddenly step forward and confess in an effort to allow his parents to grieve. I can't imagine thinking she did this and also waiting for her to give it up; the two don't go together. She isn't talking, won't be talking and if LE takes her to trial, she still won't be talking. It's clear enough to me, anyway. LE is going to have to do this one the hard way, like most cases when confessions don't come in the early days of the investigation. She's gonna make 'em prove it. That's how I see it anyway.

::Snipped from article of emailed questions to Sheriff Staton from journalists, dated July 23, 2010::

Q: Weeks ago you said Terri Horman has been cooperating - is that still true? Kaine and Desiree have said otherwise.

A: "During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not. We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue."

http://www.komonews.com/news/99147939.html

I know they're not allowable in court, but since this isn't court here, but a thread of opinions, I would say, IMO, failing LDT's could be considered not cooperating with an investigation.

I know they're not allowable in court, but since this isn't court here, but a thread of opinions, I would say, IMO, failing LDT's could be considered not cooperating with an investigation.

i don't know if failing a polygraph would be considered cooperating or not but i do know that le hasn't told the public of anyone passing or failing a polygraph or even who, if anyone, took one.

My understanding is the TH told people that herself...I don't know why she'd say that if it weren't true. IMO.

Amber Dubois's stepfather took 8 (eight) polygraphs and is now known to be factually innocent of her murder.

Since polygraphs don't really measure the truth, they just measure certain physiological reactions that often accompany an emotional reaction, a polygraph can be "failed" simply because the subject has a strong emotional reaction during the test.

A strong emotional reaction that might be felt, for example, by the stepparent of a missing child.

You are definitely right. It is possible the lie detector tests were wrong- that's why they're not admissable in court. I haven't seen any strong emotional reaction to anything from her about anything but that doesn't mean she hasn't had one, either. She "seems" kind of like a cold fish who might be someone I would expect to be able to possibly pass this as passing one in error can be indicative of someone who doesn't really have strong emotional reactions. But this is all my speculation about "who Terri Horman is".

In addition to her admitting that she failed two LDT's, she admitted to storming out on one before it was completed.

LOVES2BMOM, thanks for posting that link.

Let us also not forget that when Kaine left with Baby K and got an RO against Terri, he did so based on evidence against Terri that LE had shared with him.

LE has also shared with Desiree emails written by Terri that have led Desiree to think she did something terrible to Kyron.

I can't see where Terri has stepped forward to defend herself by explaining to LE the MFH plot or the emails that disturbed Desiree.

Plus, Terri has plainly stated in motions filed on her behalf that she wants a delay in the divorce because she knows she's a target in the investigation of Kyron's disappearance, and she fears that testimony she might give in the divorce trial could be used against her in Kyron's case.

Asserting her 5th ammendment rights is certainly legal for her to do. But I can't see where it equates to her cooperating with the investigation.

Amber Dubois's stepfather took 8 (eight) polygraphs and is now known to be factually innocent of her murder.

Since polygraphs don't really measure the truth, they just measure certain physiological reactions that often accompany an emotional reaction, a polygraph can be "failed" simply because the subject has a strong emotional reaction during the test.

A strong emotional reaction that might be felt, for example, by the stepparent of a missing child.
There are always exceptions to the rule, but we can't generalize from isolated people who skew their own lie detector tests. That's kind of unusual.

For the most part polygraphs are useful in clearing people so the police don't waste time looking at innocent people. I don't think we discuss the use of the polygraph as a useful tool enough. I'm sure the police were praying that they could clear Terri instead of just trying to trap her. Kaine at that time didn't even suspect her, and since then she has never made one plea for Kyron to come home. Her silence speaks volumes, imo.

And besides, the polygraphs are just one hinky part of the picture. Her behavior, texting, and background in dealing with relationships is cumulative and provides the real context.

You are definitely right. It is possible the lie detector tests were wrong- that's why they're not admissable in court. I haven't seen any strong emotional reaction to anything from her about anything but that doesn't mean she hasn't had one, either. She "seems" kind of like a cold fish who might be someone I would expect to be able to possibly pass this as passing one in error can be indicative of someone who doesn't really have strong emotional reactions. But this is all my speculation about "who Terri Horman is".

I agree that she doesn't seem to have strong emotional reactions to things. She glares in hatred, but I haven't seen any strong emotions from her. I wonder if she's capable of strong emotions. Kind of reminds me of Casey Anthony - a cold fish unless it's about her, and even then, it passes quickly. Now, I know there are those emotional wedding pictures, but I've never believed she was really that emotional. For one, water proof mascara has been out for a long time. Sure, it may still run, but not in heavy lines down a face the way she had it. It was like she purposely wore thick mascara that would run so she could look back on that day and convince herself she was really that emotional. She possibly could have put water on her face to make it run so that it seemed like she was really that emotional not only to herself but everyone else. Who knows.

I think it goes to her trying to be appropriate at that press conference. She's good at mimicking, but not good at actually feeling appropriate emotions. Apparently she was better than Casey at fitting in for a longer period of time, but the facade had to break at one point. Unfortunately, that point was an innocent boy she was tired of taking care of. And now she sits silently, not one peep, not one strong emotional reaction of how innocent she is or why is she having to go through this, no, it's just cold silence no matter how long this goes on. Emotionally, she's just not there. I would think most people wouldn't be able to last this long without a breakdown or crying out for their innocence and begging the public to believe them. That she still is quiet and not saying word and doesn't plan to ever break that silence no matter how bad it gets for her and that she can continue to hold up under such pressure is very troublesome to me.

They said she hasn't spoken to them since hiring an attorney, which certainly isn't "cooperative" to the investigation - especially since she was one of his primary caregivers AND the last known adult with Kyron and therefore, if innocent, one of the most important sources of information in the investigation to find the "real" abductor. So if one of the most important information sources is not speaking to LE according to LE, this would strongly imply that she was not currently cooperating with them.

I don't think it's fair to say the focus is off Kyron in the investigation - only in the press. When no headline-grabbing news is to be had in the search for Kyron, to me it stands to reason that the press would go for the low hanging fruit in the attention-grabbing category and focus on the person who tends to generate the most controversy - in this case that's Terri, though if they found anything on Kaine or Desiree or Tony I'm sure they'd report that with relish as well. I hate that part of the media, but that's what sells...

They said she hasn't spoken to them since hiring an attorney, which certainly isn't "cooperative" to the investigation - especially since she was one of his primary caregivers AND the last known adult with Kyron and therefore, if innocent, one of the most important sources of information in the investigation to find the "real" abductor. So if one of the most important information sources is not speaking to LE according to LE, this would strongly imply that she was not currently cooperating with them.

I don't think it's fair to say the focus is off Kyron in the investigation - only in the press. When no headline-grabbing news is to be had in the search for Kyron, to me it stands to reason that the press would go for the low hanging fruit in the attention-grabbing category and focus on the person who tends to generate the most controversy - in this case that's Terri, though if they found anything on Kaine or Desiree or Tony I'm sure they'd report that with relish as well. I hate that part of the media, but that's what sells...

To the best of my knowledge, LE has not QUESTIONED Terri Horman since she hired her attorney. I could be wrong, and please, if someone knows the answer to be otherwise, let us all know. LE has never, that I recall, said that TH was not cooperative. IIRC, they did say they had not heard from her since she hired an attorney, but I never heard them say they even "tried" to talk with her since she had. So, if someone has information other than that I, for one, would be thankful for viewing it.

To the best of my knowledge, LE has not QUESTIONED Terri Horman since she hired her attorney. I could be wrong, and please, if someone knows the answer to be otherwise, let us all know. LE has never, that I recall, said that TH was not cooperative. IIRC, they did say they had not heard from her since she hired an attorney, but I never heard them say they even "tried" to talk with her since she had. So, if someone has information other than that I, for one, would be thankful for viewing it.

"During this investigation Terri Horman has been cooperative and there have been other times she has not," the sheriff's office said. "We cannot speak to specifics regarding this issue.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-ky...ly-pressuring-terri-hormans/story?id=11243557

The statement also said the boy's stepmother - Terri Horman - has sometimes been cooperative with police but other times she has not.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/99147939.html

It is inherently not reasonable to expect someone who is a suspect in an investigation, who was set up in a sting effort to link her to a murder-for-hire plot, whose marriage was ended because her husband took the baby and left after LE gave him "information," and who is being pilloried in the news media and on the internet to "cooperate" with LE.

TH may be responsible for Kyron's disappearance and she would of course NOT be cooperative, for the obvious reason. However, a person in her situation could be, could possibly be, innocent and still decline to participate in LE efforts to gather evidence to indict and convict her. So "cooperating" has its limits when someone is obviously the target of an investigation; for us to use "cooperation" as an indicator of guilt or innocence is to fall into a logical black hole. If an innocent person tells LE what she knows or does not know, and LE does not believe her, "cooperation" is not only a waste of time, it's stupid and dangerous. If LE has evidence, bring an indictment and take the case to court. Then the public will see the evidence and a jury can decide. But reading
the "cooperation" tea leaves is not looking at evidence, because the guilty can cooperate and lie and the innocent can cooperate and not be believed. That's where EVIDENCE and INVESTIGATION come in.

LE can define "cooperation" as "telling us what we think we know is true." There are lots of people in prison convicted because LE got tunnel vision. Now, TH may well be the guilty party here, but let's see some evidence. The murder-for-hire plot seems straightforward enough. Bring an indictment on that and see what happens. That the prosecutor went to a grand jury and didn't indict on murder-for-hire, at least, worries me.

Everytime I see the title of this thread, I want to say "who the H knows..."
We sure don't.

Yes, we do know who/what Terri is....
Based on Terri's own words and actions...

We can tell she has an addictive/alcoholic personality. (Obsessive/Compulsive)
All or nothing...Black or white.
Alcohol, drugs, shopping, exercise, phone sex, etc....

She wants to be the center of attention.
She grows to RESENT Kyron, Kaine & Desiree.
Terri feels that she is "doing it all" & getting no recognition.
She feels nothing with Kyron's disappearance. (Sociopathic Personality)
After raising her son J...She focused on Kyron.
After raising Kyron...she only focuses on baby K.

Her marriage was crumbling along with her "sober persona"
She couldn't deny her drinking anymore &
sought to blame everyone else for her drinking. (Denial/Blame)

In order to get her 'out of control life' to stop she "disappears" Kyron
with a friend in order to gain ransom demand money in order to leave Kaine. (Money Addiction)
At this point in her life, all she needs is baby K and MONEY.

Find out Terri's friends and activities & you will find Kyron.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back