who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

her ears are pierced.. I wonder if there are any more holes. or where exactly the earrings were located (bottoms of ears, top of ear?)

Jewelry: 1 Yellow metal earring with clear stone,
2 yellow metal (gold) earrings with black stones, one white (silver) metal navel ring.

I have been looking at maps and street info around the area where she was found because I am trying to guess if the store was close to the highway where she was "picked up" by the couple. At mile marker 174 there appears to be a rural road, which certainly piqued my interest in the event the couple in the car had sinister intentions. I wonder if the couple is local and where they were headed with her? If she didn't speak, I wonder how she communicated where she was planning on going? If they were east bound, where might they have been off to...are there any Az locals who would know?

This is completely off topic, but I wanted to start out by saying that you all are doing a fantastic job in attempting to identify this beautiful Jane Doe. It's such a shame that her life had to end this way.

I have a hard time with the actual morgue photos of the victims. I am wondering if any of you feel the same way or are you "hardened" to it by now. I don't know why, but I get spooked even seeing artists renditions of UID's, if that makes any sense.

I'd love to help with UID's in any way possible (I'm an expert Photoshop user and graphic artist), but the morgue images and some drawings/renditions are just too much for me to handle... :(

Does anyone else feel the same way or have tips to overcome this?

It bothers me, too. I believe that it is healthy and normal to be affected by these sorts of images. When I first saw this JD I went away from the computer with no intention of every exploring missing/unidentified sites again. But I couldn't get her out of my mind. I kept thinking that, most likely, someone somewhere had held her finger as she took her first step, brushed her hair, carried her to bed when she fell asleep in the car, walked with her to the first day of Kindergarten... I wanted to understand why all these years could go by without someone coming forward to say, "I know her." Unintentionally, at first, I began to try to match her with those who are missing. I began to learn about other missing people and started wanting to help find them, as well. I guess over time I have become somewhat accustomed to the image of someone who has passed, but still am greatly affected. There are times when I just have to take a break and steer clear of these sites.

Not sure if this has been posted as a possible match, but I think this girl resembles the sketch. Unfortunately she doesn't resemble the morgue photo (IMO).

JPerry.jpg
JPerry1.jpg

Left: Perry, circa 1993; Right: Age-progression to 25 years (circa 2005)

Jennifer Rae Perry
Missing since July 30, 1993 from Marathon, Monroe County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: February 18, 1980
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5 (165 cm); 110 lbs (50 kg)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Curly black hair; dark blue eyes. She may have dyed her hair blonde.
  • Marks, Scars: She has a scar inside her left forearm and a birthmark on the left buttock.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Perry left home after a disagreement with her mother. She is a habitual runaway.
Records show a year before she ran away, she had been the victim of "aggravated child abuse from neglect, having been hit with a closed fist, belt and hand."
Later, her life included at least 10 more incidents in which she was a suspect in separate cases of burglary, battery, assault and stalking. She also witnessed an aggravated assault.
She ran away many times. On Feb. 17, 1993, one day before her 13th birthday, she ran away, and the last time she left was July 30, 1993.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
305-296-2424
Agency Case Number: 93207948
NCMEC #: NCMC783071
NCIC Number:
M-709441362
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Key West Citizen, The (FL)
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
FDLE

JPerry.jpg
228UFAZ.jpg
JPerry1.jpg
228UFAZ1.jpg

You never get used to those morgue photos. You just learn how to look at the details of it rather than the whole thing.

I'm actually more creeped out by the reconstructions than I am the morgue photos.

I stared at this one for hours when I did that photoshop reconstruction and it still breaks my heart to see it.

I am getting really pissed now. Why the hell are they withholding information about this case?? IS is really that secret... that they can't reveal anything else lest they hinder the investigation?? Or maybe it's just that no one cares...??? Or are they too busy?? IS anyone really working on it....??? She died almost TEN years ago,, for chrissakes.

Still no answers to these questions:

WHAT KIND of accent did she have? WHAT DID SHE SAY to the couple?? I know they said she didn't say much, but WHAT....?

Besides the strange Victorian high collar and brooch (was she really wearing that?) WHAT ELSE was she wearing?? jeans, a skirt, what kind of shoes??

DID she seem lost/scared (as if she was escaping something bad),, defiant/jaded (like a runaway might be)..??? WHAT WAS HER DEMEANOR LIKE?

WAS the couple ever really investigated???

I am beginning to wonder if there is some kind of cover-up.

If any of these questions have been answered before and I forgot, please forgive.. I'm just frustrated.. that so many cases have so much detail, as much information as you would ever need.. but with this one.. there are so many pieces missing and no one seems to be willing to release any more information.

In the Jane Doe's morgue picture, it appears if you look real close at the right ear that her ear is pierced? Does anyone else see this?
Maybe, this will help in identifying her or exclude others that don't have pierced ears if that is what it is.

"She has a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest and was wearing earrings and a navel ring. She is 5' 4" and weighed 110-130 pounds"

I am getting really pissed now. Why the hell are they withholding information about this case?? IS is really that secret... that they can't reveal anything else lest they hinder the investigation?? Or maybe it's just that no one cares...??? Or are they too busy?? IS anyone really working on it....??? She died almost TEN years ago,, for chrissakes.

Still no answers to these questions:

WHAT KIND of accent did she have? WHAT DID SHE SAY to the couple?? I know they said she didn't say much, but WHAT....?

Besides the strange Victorian high collar and brooch (was she really wearing that?) WHAT ELSE was she wearing?? jeans, a skirt, what kind of shoes??

DID she seem lost/scared (as if she was escaping something bad),, defiant/jaded (like a runaway might be)..??? WHAT WAS HER DEMEANOR LIKE?

WAS the couple ever really investigated???

I am beginning to wonder if there is some kind of cover-up.

If any of these questions have been answered before and I forgot, please forgive.. I'm just frustrated.. that so many cases have so much detail, as much information as you would ever need.. but with this one.. there are so many pieces missing and no one seems to be willing to release any more information.

You are right Reb, we need to get a movement going on this girl to get her case brought to life...it has been 10 years! Someone knows something.
We need contact numbers for the agency that is handling this cold case!

I have a hard time with the actual morgue photos of the victims. I am wondering if any of you feel the same way or are you "hardened" to it by now. I don't know why, but I get spooked even seeing artists renditions of UID's, if that makes any sense.

Does anyone else feel the same way or have tips to overcome this?

I have trouble with the morgue photos too. I get really intrigued reading about the details of the cases, but I literally flinch every time I scroll down and unexpectedly see a morgue photo. I've gotten used to the artist's renditions though. I don't really have any tips - I've brought this up elsewhere and felt kinda misunderstood about it! Glad to see I'm not alone :)

You are right Reb, we need to get a movement going on this girl to get her case brought to life...it has been 10 years! Someone knows something.
We need contact numbers for the agency that is handling this cold case!

I completely agree with this point of view!!! It is a tough one to get my arms around because it seems like there are two people who have the keys to the story and there seems to be some resistance to giving out some of the info that might put enough context around JD so that she could be id'd. Were there posters ever placed in the convenience store? Does anyone remember if she bought something there, appeared on a surveillance tape anything??? In know she was covered with road rash and bruises, making small scars and tattoos difficult to identify-but what did she die of? Internal bleeding, head injury, exposure? Supposedly the couple called in help after she jumped/was pushed whatever...and where were they taking her to begin with?

Ok, I spent some time on this case a few months ago but what I'm going to say is just what I remember. She was picked up by this couple in a road side store of some kind and the couple said they were just giving her a ride. The couple both have a criminal history. They were questioned and let go because the cops didn't have enough to hold them.
I am working many hours now and don't have the time to research so forgive me but I have had this girl on my mind for a long time. I hope some of you can get this going. I know we have the talent here at websleuths!

also, Charleyproject id's the tattoo.

I don't think she's a match....

It is really hard to belive NO ONE recognizes this girl after 10 years.. Being in the young ages.. she had to have had friends of some sort.. She had a belly button peircing? That means she wasnt sheltered, right?.. She has to be from a different area.. Friends would have wondered about her.. something. Wish I knew if the people she was riding with even lived in Arizona.. Maybe the places they have lived would be a good way to identify her? Just strange! More info needs to come out about her before she will ever be identified!

What I don't understand is.. she has a tattoo, a navel piercing,, but then the 'Victorian' type clothing (at least the shirt & jewelry). Doesn't seem to fit together.
And the problem is,, sure someone would recognize her if her photo & info had been released on the news and put out there for everyone to see.. like baby 'Patience'. But.. it's all on a website (mariposa forensic) that you wouldn't know anything about unless you were looking for it. I know she has a MySpace page.. but that's not the same as putting her all over every news channel on heavy rotation for days on end (not that I think they should do that with every missing person.. HOWEVER.. whatever happened to that 24-hour missing person cable channel that was supposed to come about?)

What I don't understand is.. she has a tattoo, a navel piercing,, but then the 'Victorian' type clothing (at least the shirt & jewelry). Doesn't seem to fit together.
And the problem is,, sure someone would recognize her if her photo & info had been released on the news and put out there for everyone to see.. like baby 'Patience'. But.. it's all on a website (mariposa forensic) that you wouldn't know anything about unless you were looking for it. I know she has a MySpace page.. but that's not the same as putting her all over every news channel on heavy rotation for days on end (not that I think they should do that with every missing person.. HOWEVER.. whatever happened to that 24-hour missing person cable channel that was supposed to come about?)

And the problem is,, sure someone would recognize her if her photo & info had been released on the news and put out there for everyone to see.. like baby 'Patience'. But.. it's all on a website (maricopa forensic) that you wouldn't know anything about unless you were looking for it. I know she has a MySpace page.. but that's not the same as putting her all over every news channel on heavy rotation for days on end (not that I think they should do that with every missing person.. HOWEVER.. whatever happened to that 24-hour missing person cable channel that was supposed to come about?)

I think that someone spoke to the forensic artist and it turned out that the artist had made up the shirt and brooch when she was doing the drawing. There doesn't seem to be any info on what she was wearing, but I may have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom