DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In interview with InTouch, Ollie Gray, who continued to investigate the murder case even after he stopped working for the Ramseys, claims that the child's killer was a local 26-year-old who family owned a junkyard on the outskirts of the city - Michael Helgoth.
'
'Based on what we know now, I believe Helgoth and his accomplices committed the crime. There's no doubt about it,' said Gray.
That opinion was backed up by John Kenady, a man who used to work for Helgoth, who told the magazine; 'There was a tape recording made by Helgoth. And in it, he said he killed JonBenet.'

Kenady also claims that someone close to Helgoth still has the tape, which was overlooked by police during the investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ild-beauty-queen-s-parents.html#ixzz45j5bPXT9

What do you guys think of the information in this story?

qft, is it okay if I post your rebuttal here?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?42511-Media-Links-Only&p=12467145#post12467145

"The story above is also on the 'net, mentioned by the Detroit News Time (http://www.detroitnewstime.com/regio...or-claims.html)

Because it contains a contemptible innuendo towards a deceased person, I am contributing additional facts.

The information in these articles has been around for many, many years. The story/rumor was thought to have originated from Michael Tracey’s documentaries (http://www.acandyrose.com/michaeltracy.htm). He claimed to be simply repeating information he gleaned from the tabloids.

Helgoth was thoroughly investigated by the BPD, and he was cleared. The man who was allegedly his partner was not even in Boulder at the time of the crime.
Lastly, investigator Gray worked via Smit (the famed author of the Intruder theory) and is not considered a credible source of information since the RST were developing their own investigation to prove someone else was responsible. The shenanigans behind the scenes included Kenady breaking and entering the home of Helgoth and removing Hi-Tec boots which he claimed to have given to an attorney to give to Gray. Gray delivered the boots to the BPD. The problem for those promoting this theory is that neither the boots nor the DNA matched crime details. The whole story was simply innuendo." - qft

**************************************************************************************
http://jezebel.com/this-week-in-tabloids-in-touch-claims-they-solved-the-1770753571

This Week In Tabloids: In Touch Claims They Solved the JonBenet Ramsey Murder
13/04/2016

" This week’s story follows the “20 years of exhaustive research” done by a private investigator named Ollie Gray, “who was initially hired by the Ramsey family but continued the investigation on his own along with a dogged team of detectives.” Gray EXCLUSIVELY tells In Touch that he has solved the decades-old case, and has pinned the murder on a “deeply troubled” man named Michael Helgoth, who was 26 at the time, and “two to three” unnamed accomplices. There is reportedly a tape of Helgoth, who committed suicide in 1997, confessing to the murder. (The article suggests Helgoth was actually murdered by his accomplices in order to silence him.)
Helgoth’s former employee, a man named John Kenady, told Gray all about the tape, but he doesn’t actually have it. “A family member told my friend about the tape, which was removed from Mike’s house after he died,” he said. “But apparently it was overlooked by the police and returned to Mike’s family. I’m told someone close to him may still have the tape.”

So...the claim has been made, but the receipts are missing? Nothing to see here, folks."

Kolar is mentioned in 'The Timeline' within the Daily Mail article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gator-hired-child-beauty-queen-s-parents.html

"June 14, 2012: A. James Kolar, who worked as an investigator in the DA's Office, writes in a new book that the Ramsey family 'may have been involved at least as an accessory after the fact'

October 23, 2013: Judge rules that the court will release grand jury indictment about the Ramseys

October 25, 2013: Indictment is released, revealing that in 1999 it accused the Ramseys of two counts each of child abuse resulting in death in connection to the first-degree murder of JonBenet"

"In interview with InTouch, Ollie Gray, who continued to investigate the murder case even after he stopped working for the Ramseys, claims that the child's killer was a local 26-year-old who family owned a junkyard on the outskirts of the city - Michael Helgoth.
'
'Based on what we know now, I believe Helgoth and his accomplices committed the crime. There's no doubt about it,' said Gray.
That opinion was backed up by John Kenady, a man who used to work for Helgoth, who told the magazine; 'There was a tape recording made by Helgoth. And in it, he said he killed JonBenet.'

Kenady also claims that someone close to Helgoth still has the tape, which was overlooked by police during the investigation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ild-beauty-queen-s-parents.html#ixzz45j5bPXT9

What do you guys think of the information in this story?

Not much. Given the source, I think disinformation would be a better word.

Heyya SD,

With the 20th anniversary of JBR's death, and renewed interest in the case via true crime movie and tv special, it is a big year media wise. ( I think it might be aggravating)
IDK I feel bad for Helgoth and his family, the rehash ....
It really is the oddest of experiences, to follow this case......

Heyya SD,

With the 20th anniversary of JBR's death, and renewed interest in the case via true crime movie and tv special, it is a big year media wise. ( I think it might be aggravating)

I'm sure it will be.

IDK I feel bad for Helgoth and his family, the rehash ....
It really is the oddest of experiences, to follow this case......

I often wonder, "where did all the years go?"

Ya SD,

Time flys.
I was thinking, might she have been Miss America by now?

Miss America Stats:
Miss America is a beauty pageant for women. Women must be between the age of 17 and 24.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/miss-america-pageant-statistics/
Average age of Miss America Pageant Winners

Patsy died when JonBenet was 15 so unless JonBenet was really into pageants, she would have stopped after that happened, and that's assuming she wouldn't have stopped by the time she was old enough to refuse to go.

hello everyone ..iam in canada and i use a internet called rogers but its the same as you all using aol ..when you sighn in there are various stories that u can read about on the home page ..well on mine last night i had something that said ..It;s solved the john benet ramsey we now know who killed her .went on to say a private investigator was hired by john ramsey after john n patsy were were told by boulder da they did not fit the dna and it was not them .so john hired a privite investigator and he has now come to the conclusion that michael helgoth is responsible for killing john benet ..did anyone else see or get this in there trending news feeds .and if so did the dna match cause it didnt say in the article how did he come to the conclusion..i hope iam not the only one that saw this thing on the web..

hello everyone ..iam in canada and i use a internet called rogers but its the same as you all using aol ..when you sighn in there are various stories that u can read about on the home page ..well on mine last night i had something that said ..It;s solved the john benet ramsey we now know who killed her .went on to say a private investigator was hired by john ramsey after john n patsy were were told by boulder da they did not fit the dna and it was not them .so john hired a privite investigator and he has now come to the conclusion that michael helgoth is responsible for killing john benet ..did anyone else see or get this in there trending news feeds .and if so did the dna match cause it didnt say in the article how did he come to the conclusion..i hope iam not the only one that saw this thing on the web..

I'm sorry to disillusion you, CanManEh, but the private investigator here made this same pitch about Helgoth many years ago, and it was rejected then, as well.

Let's call a spade a spade here, people: Ollie Gray and co. chose this man Helgoth as the fall guy for the simple reason that he's dead. As a result, he cannot defend himself and cannot sue them for it.

Addendum: there might be some people who would say, "SD, you wrote a book blaming a dead person (Patsy, obviously). Isn't that hypocritical?" To that I would respond that I was never hired or paid by a suspect to shield them by blaming someone else.

The article linked to in post #2235 stated JonBenet was "found in a pool of blood." Where did that information come from?

The article linked to in post #2235 stated JonBenet was "found in a pool of blood." Where did that information come from?
Maybe from John Douglas, lol.
He destroyed any remaining vestige of credibility he may have had with this stunning error:
“We know for a fact that she was good at cleaning up urine. Maybe that experience helped her clean up all the blood that would have gushed out of so large a head wound (more on that a little later).”
Law and Disorder, John Douglas, page 192
More at http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...rmation-on-the-JonBenet-case-Law-and-Disorder

I'm going to speculate that the DNA used to "exonerate" the Ramseys will play into this show somehow. I'll guess that something on the order of "Helgoth can not be excluded as the donor of the DNA" will be the basis for solving this crime. :gaah:

I still think Patsy did it.

I'm going to speculate that the DNA used to "exonerate" the Ramseys will play into this show somehow. I'll guess that something on the order of "Helgoth can not be excluded as the donor of the DNA" will be the basis for solving this crime. :gaah:

I still think Patsy did it.
I doubt it because they seem to be happy with simply regurgitating the same old spin.
All they have to tie their "suspect(s)" to the case is conjecture based on a complete absence of real evidence.
They can't bring DNA into play because it didn't match. They can say it was from an accomplice but, once again, there's nothing to back it up.
"We did investigate Helgoth," said Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner. "And all I can tell you is that there was no DNA match.
"And we looked at a pair of (Helgoth's) boots that had been turned in by the Ramseys' private detectives, and they were compared and didn't match. We didn't have anything further to go on."

Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
June 15, 2004

Good thread on "Bootman" at FFJ
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?4657-Bootman-again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors