DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Obviously I am familiar with JonBenet and have weeded through some info but there is SO much is gets overwhelming. I have always had the feeling John killed JonBenet. From what I understand the household was ran around John and his emotional whims. Patsy seems to be the dutiful wife who was trying to portray the image of the all american happy family. She strikes me as someone VERY concerned and preoccupied with how they are viewed in society and would go to many lengths to keep that image. The Ramsey marriage seemed to be one of convenience. A business relationship. They tolerated eachother, they needed eachother for different reasons; Patsy needed John's financial support, John needed Patsy to raise the kids, run the household, and organize they social life. I think espeically Patsy was dependent on John. She needed his financial support and she was used to living a certain lifestyle and maintaining a certain societal standing and that was very important to her.
I have always entertained the option that John killed JonBenet in a fit of anger. John strikes me as a very stoic and even emotionally detached person so it would not be hard for him to grit his teeth and do what he had to do to make sure this did not ruin his life. Patsy, terrified of losing her husband and terrified of what people would think if they found out went to great lengths to cover-up what happened. She wrote the ransom note, called 911, stuck to the story of the intruder, bore the brunt of speculation from the media and public that SHE was the killer and ultimately stood by her husbands side out of fear and selfishness.
And John Ramsey let her. I think he knew well what he was doing. By stepping back and letting Patsy make the 911 call and write the RN he knew the speculation would fall on her and not him. Like I said before I think their marriage was one of convenience and ultimately John would survive just fine without Patsy and was willing to let her take the fall in order to save himself. He was a wealthy man and if she went to prison he would have no problem finding another wife.

Finally - my question to you guys who have undoubtedly researched the evidence, the interviews, the actions of the Ramsey much more than I is, why do so many people count John out as the murderer? What has he said, done, or how has he acted that leads people to believe his innocence? Please do not take this as a challenge - it's not. I am genuinely curious because I believe there must be legitimate, logical reasons why John is not widely considered a suspect.

Thanks for reading.

I don't rule him out at all! He was the one with the power, not Patsy! Since I was not there to eyewitness, I will remain a RDI for life as after witnessing both of their behavior, neither one is innocent.

I don't rule him out at all! He was the one with the power, not Patsy! Since I was not there to eyewitness, I will remain a RDI for life as after witnessing both of their behavior, neither one is innocent.

ita.

i gotta tell ya,it was the first time when this happened to me and it was,actually still is very frustrating:My instinct told me they didn't KILL jbr,but the evidence tells me exactly that!!!
after a while,after watching their interviews and stuff,i became suspicious of Patsy and i am sure that John is lying big time.

then i always remember how deceiving people are!!!

I have a question. Obviously I am familiar with JonBenet and have weeded through some info but there is SO much is gets overwhelming. I have always had the feeling John killed JonBenet. From what I understand the household was ran around John and his emotional whims. Patsy seems to be the dutiful wife who was trying to portray the image of the all american happy family. She strikes me as someone VERY concerned and preoccupied with how they are viewed in society and would go to many lengths to keep that image. The Ramsey marriage seemed to be one of convenience. A business relationship. They tolerated eachother, they needed eachother for different reasons; Patsy needed John's financial support, John needed Patsy to raise the kids, run the household, and organize they social life. I think espeically Patsy was dependent on John. She needed his financial support and she was used to living a certain lifestyle and maintaining a certain societal standing and that was very important to her.
I have always entertained the option that John killed JonBenet in a fit of anger. John strikes me as a very stoic and even emotionally detached person so it would not be hard for him to grit his teeth and do what he had to do to make sure this did not ruin his life. Patsy, terrified of losing her husband and terrified of what people would think if they found out went to great lengths to cover-up what happened. She wrote the ransom note, called 911, stuck to the story of the intruder, bore the brunt of speculation from the media and public that SHE was the killer and ultimately stood by her husbands side out of fear and selfishness.
And John Ramsey let her. I think he knew well what he was doing. By stepping back and letting Patsy make the 911 call and write the RN he knew the speculation would fall on her and not him. Like I said before I think their marriage was one of convenience and ultimately John would survive just fine without Patsy and was willing to let her take the fall in order to save himself. He was a wealthy man and if she went to prison he would have no problem finding another wife.

Finally - my question to you guys who have undoubtedly researched the evidence, the interviews, the actions of the Ramsey much more than I is, why do so many people count John out as the murderer? What has he said, done, or how has he acted that leads people to believe his innocence? Please do not take this as a challenge - it's not. I am genuinely curious because I believe there must be legitimate, logical reasons why John is not widely considered a suspect.

Thanks for reading.

I don't rule JR out at all.In fact,UK and RR here have given some very compelling reasons to think it could be him instead of Patsy.Somehow,I think they were both involved...with one doing most, if not all, of the covering for the other.
I do think JR co-authored the RN.See my thread 'my take on the ransom note'.

Thanks for the reply JMO. It seems like the focus is usually on Patsy and John is just kinda lurking around in the background. Only 6% of the people who took this poll think it was John.
Like I said, there is a lot of info here to weed through. Perhaps my question was a little premature. Thanks for the info and I will check out your thread.

I don't rule JR out at all.In fact,UK and RR here have given some very compelling reasons to think it could be him instead of Patsy.Somehow,I think they were both involved...with one doing most, if not all, of the covering for the other.
I do think JR co-authored the RN.See my thread 'my take on the ransom note'.

I do not rule out JR at all either. I see him as pretty cold and also he had lost one daughter did he also loose his mind somehow and go silently insane. All that does not change how I view Patsy though.

Exactly!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I do not rule out JR at all either. I see him as pretty cold and also he had lost one daughter did he also loose his mind somehow and go silently insane. All that does not change how I view Patsy though.

for me either,and from what I've read,JR sounds like he became very bitter after Beth's death.

Thanks for the reply JMO. It seems like the focus is usually on Patsy and John is just kinda lurking around in the background. Only 6% of the people who took this poll think it was John.
Like I said, there is a lot of info here to weed through. Perhaps my question was a little premature. Thanks for the info and I will check out your thread.
not at all..you have some very legitimate thoughts and questions !

for me either,and from what I've read,JR sounds like he became very bitter after Beth's death.

Exactly. I know he also used to get upset and say that Patsy was going to spend every damn cent he made. While he liked comfort he was not the wild spender. That is in some deposition somewhere. I withdraw that as I am not finding it but I know I read it somewhere the link I had on that is not any longer active.

I don't rule JR out either. One thing, though I really can't decide which RDI, I don't feel they acted together as far as the actual killing. They definitely acted together in the staging and coverup, but the head bash (which I believe was done first) was done by ONE R, alone.
BTW, Gaia, you have a very good grasp of the situation between the Rs. JR has always seemed cold and calculating- I like to call him reptilian.

I don't rule JR out either. One thing, though I really can't decide which RDI, I don't feel they acted together as far as the actual killing. They definitely acted together in the staging and coverup, but the head bash (which I believe was done first) was done by ONE R, alone.
Me, too.It's just that the other could have done the ligature strangling,and as Thomas said,it had then become a murder.

Me, too.It's just that the other could have done the ligature strangling,and as Thomas said,it had then become a murder.

JMO8778,
Well if the timeframe or envelope for the whole thing to take place is as short as suggested, then it appears that the strangulation was deliberate, possibly even viewed by the Ramsey involved as a mercy killing, but later the ligature rod or piece of paintbrush handle may have been added later to give the impression that it was all part of some perverted erotic process, as per Lou Smit's short-sighted vision?

BTW, Gaia, you have a very good grasp of the situation between the Rs. JR has always seemed cold and calculating- I like to call him reptilian.

DeeDee249,
I like to call him reptilian.
But reptiles e.g. crocodiles care for their young, nursing them from eggs, too baby crocs in the mouth.

Lounge Lizard is more appropriate, and not just because they seem to have a continuous wicked leering smile, their also slippery.

JMO8778,
Well if the timeframe or envelope for the whole thing to take place is as short as suggested, then it appears that the strangulation was deliberate, possibly even viewed by the Ramsey involved as a mercy killing, but later the ligature rod or piece of paintbrush handle may have been added later to give the impression that it was all part of some perverted erotic process, as per Lou Smit's short-sighted vision?

possibly so,her arms appear to have been tied after rigor set it,so it wouldn't surprise me.

DeeDee249,

But reptiles e.g. crocodiles care for their young, nursing them from eggs, too baby crocs in the mouth.

Lounge Lizard is more appropriate, and not just because they seem to have a continuous wicked leering smile, their also slippery.

ROFL....so true !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member