DNA Solves

Who Killed Jon Benet Ramsey? POLL

• John

Votes: 124 8.4%
  • Patsy

Votes: 547 37.2%
  • Burke

Votes: 340 23.1%
  • An Intruder, (anyone including someone known to them)

Votes: 459 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What conclusions do you think the CBS panel will have? I don't think they'll put the finger at a member of the Ramsey family for fear of a lawsuit.

What conclusions do you think the CBS panel will have? I don't think they'll put the finger at a member of the Ramsey family for fear of a lawsuit.

AndHence,
I doubt there would be any lawsuit over considering a member of the Ramsey family as a suspect, but anything they say without substantiating it, could be grounds for litigation?

Since the GJ have referenced a third party explicitly, then CBS panel can ask, could this party be an R, and leave the obvious conclusion to the viewer without explicitly naming the person?

I don't know if the threat of a lawsuit packs the punch it used to, AndHence. Patsy's dead, so she can't sue. John ran for public office, which makes him a political figure, so he can't sue either. Burke, I'm not so sure about. But, since the CBS panel seems to be knocking the intruder theory out, not much left.

I wonder if by giving an interview on national television, Burke is now considered a public figure.

CBS might me more than willing to take the risk. if the Ramsey's sue, more publicity for the show. If the show is convincing, the public will turn on the family even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if by giving an interview on national television, Burke is now considered a public figure.

CBS might me more than willing to take the risk. if the Ramsey's sue, more publicity for the show. If the show is convincing, the public will turn on the family even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eileenhawkeye,
Yes, he would be a public figure by default. If he talks about the case, viewers can exercise their free speech rights and speculate on anything he says.

So it could be open season on BR, unless Colorado Statutes apply in other states barring child suspects from being named or linked to a particular crime?

Even more programming:

'Dateline'

While NBC's "Dateline" has not confirmed the production or an air date, Daily Camera reporter Charlie Brennan was hired to consult on it and was also interviewed by that program for a special surrounding JonBenet's murder.

Brennan, who was a reporter with the Rocky Mountain News and covered the murder when it happened, broke the news that John and Patsy Ramsey had been indicted by a grand jury and later sued for the successful release of the grand jury indictments.

DocG's blog says there is also going to be TWO CNN specials. Before we just knew about one via Paula Woodward. I wonder if one is HLN and one is on CNN?

The crazy thing is all these programs are being made before the ratings come in for Dr. Phil and Case Of (which I think will perform very well)...I can imagine even more will be made after that.

Even more programming:

DocG's blog says there is also going to be TWO CNN specials. Before we just knew about one via Paula Woodward. I wonder if one is HLN and one is on CNN?

The crazy thing is all these programs are being made before the ratings come in for Dr. Phil and Case Of (which I think will perform very well)...I can imagine even more will be made after that.

eileenhawkeye,
BR doing Dr Phil should open the flood gates, there is obviously going to be a feeding frenzy on all these Doc's, even a few more books on the back of whatever is revealed?

We really need a schedule so we don't miss any Doc's, I'm particularly interested as to what Brennan's line will be, he is no dummy!

http://nypost.com/2016/08/13/why-is-america-still-freakishly-obsessed-with-jonbenets-murder/

Why is America still freakishly obsessed with JonBenet's murder?
Aug 13, 2016

“This case keeps on coming back,” says Lawrence Schiller, author of “Perfect Murder, Perfect Town: The Uncensored Story of the JonBenet Murder and the Grand Jury’s Search for the Final Truth,” considered the definitive biography of the case.
“It’s like going to the beach,” Schiller says. “The tide goes out and it goes back in, and the police are hoping the next time it comes in, they may catch who did it.”

“This case would have lasted in regional newspapers for one week if not for two elements,” Schiller says. “It’s the release of videos of JonBenet in beauty pageants, and the release, days later, of still photos of her in hair and makeup. The tabloids latched on to that. What sustained it? Very simple: The police department said, ‘The parents did it,’ and a DA who said, ‘I’m not going to......”

For me it was when the Ramsey's went on TV. Very weird. And how none of their actions seemed to be focused on finding out who killed JB. It just became stranger and stranger the more time that passed and the Ramsey's actions.

In my opinion...

Jim Clemente ‏@JimClemente Aug 18
We are finally able to tell the truth about what happened to #HerNameWasJonBenét

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...nbenet-ramsey-tv-productions-20th-anniversary

DC
Boulder's Notorious JBR Case...
08/21/2016

"Boulder police spokeswoman Sarah Huntley said the department has seen an increase in interview requests as a result of the approaching anniversary, but no active members of the force have talked about the case.
"As has been our position for a number of years now, the police department is not discussing or releasing any information about evidence," Huntley said. "This remains an open investigation.
Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said he has fielded some calls from outlets hoping to talk to him about the story. But since being elected in 2008 — more than a decade after JonBenet's murder — Garnett has not talked publicly about evidence in the case, and said he adopted that same approach for the 20th anniversary.
"I have told all the national media doing things that I will talk to them, but only to talk about the lessons learned from the Ransey case," Garnett said. "Most of the people doing the specials didn't seem very interested in that."

Why would the national media be interested in talking to BDA/BPD about the "lessons learned" when it appears that few if any lessons were actually learned. Its 'same as it ever was' in that department.

People want this case solved and placed front and center. Talking to BDA would just take the whole thing a few steps back. We've had 20 years of that. Its time for some forward movement.

Why would the national media be interested in talking to BDA/BPD about the "lessons learned" when it appears that few if any lessons were actually learned. Its 'same as it ever was' in that department.

People want this case solved and placed front and center. Talking to BDA would just take the whole thing a few steps back. We've had 20 years of that. Its time for some forward movement.

singularity,

LOL, lessons learned" that's double speak for We got stuff wrong, the killer got away, but we fixed it , meaning there was a conspiracy but it was a mistake, and we have moved on, next question please.

Even more programming:

Oh, eileenhawkeye, your reputation proceeds you. Is it possible for you to begin a new thread of a calendar of sorts, with the listings of the new docu shows and programs, with time and channels posted for each? We desperately need them all in one location so we don't miss out on any special. Set it like a media thread without discussion allowed. Discussion threads for the docs and programs will be added separately, if necessary.

Would you, hawkeye, consider establishing a timeline of the line up, as we know it to be, for the viewing public of Websleuths, please? :cupcake:
Or, hey, if anyone wishes to take the task on, it would be so greatly appreciated. I can look at the calendar and align mine with it mine own. My thanks, in advance, for any who participate in that beneficial chore.

Ha! I remember the day when HLN would have physically recreated the set to reenact the scenes. That is what we can expect from some of these programs. I just can't wait to learn new details. The legal notepad and felt tip marker are handy for taking notes. We need these JonBenet murder anniversary shows on youtube, too, if they are copyrighted.

It promises to be a hopeful time for JonBenet Ramsey murder followers. Lord, have mercy. Justice for JonBenet.

Picked this up on another website thread. Hope I'm not in trouble. If anyone can provide a link for more of the article, PLEASE?? and thank you!!

Interview with James Kolar: Busting the JonBenet Ramsey Intruder Theory (Real Crime Magazine; author Tanita Matthews)

This is the summary I promised of the interview. It sort of pales in comparison with some of the TV stuff we have to look forward to but it may be of interest). I am paraphrasing a bit but I am not embroidering on what he says at all).

Q. What is the most popular theory on who murdered JonBenet?
A. I think there was family involvement. Everything pointing to an intruder has been discounted and only the so-called ransom note ever suggested an outsider's involvement.

Q. What was the focus on the family as killers?
A. Firstly, experts called in by the coroner's office believed there was evidence of sexual abuse before the penetration by the paint brush on the night of the murder. This sort of contact is almost always "in the family."
Secondly, the way the family behaved by lawyering up so quickly and avoiding police interviews for four months. Typically, parents just don't behave like this when a child has been murdered and are usually right in the centre of the investigation agitating for the police to do more.
Thirdly, the deception around Burke and the 911 call. Why on earth conceal the fact that Burke was up and about in the kitchen?

Q. What is staging and how does it help you build a profile of the perpetrator?

Staging is seen at crime scenes where the perpetrator tries to misdirect LE either to another suspect or a broad range of suspects or to avoid family embarrassment. In this case, there were lots of examples of staging:
1. The loose ligatures which wouldn't function as restraints.
2. The duct tape which placed over mucus etc on JBR's face so it clearly hadn't been used to silence her.
The elaboration suggests two sets of hands were involved - one in the initial offence and one in covering it up. The wrapping up in a blanket "like a papoose" is at total odds with the head injury (which may have been accidental) and the strangulation which was total overkill in a child this size.

More in a bit../QUOTE]

Wanted to point out that Kolar said in the magazine interview that the penetration WAS from the paintbrush.

Wanted to point out that Kolar said in the magazine interview that the penetration WAS from the paintbrush.

midwest mama,
ah ha, did he say if it was staging or what, maybe nobody knows? How about Meyer's Digital Penetration is that covered by the paintbrush?

So where is the missing piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member