"Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The link was originally posted by Tricia at FFJ. It was an Adobe Acrobat file of the legal document comparing, in a side-by-side format, the exemplars Patsy gave police to the handwriting in the note.

The link I saved no longer works, and I can't find a link to the document anywhere on the net, or at Forums for Justice. Maybe someone who knows Tricia could ask her to repost the link here. (The Adobe file also contained a couple of Wolf v Ramsey affidavits, as I recall.)

Edited for correction: It was ayjey who posted the link here, not tricia. I found ayjey's post with the link, but the link no longer works. Here's a link to ayjey's post:

Patsy's exemplars

I have wondered if JAR dictated the note over the phone to his friend on the scene, or if he wrote it at another time and his friend carried it in. I know many people hear Patsy in the writing, but I hear a young man because of all the action movie references. I wonder if Patsy helped JAR write high school and college papers. It's possible he could have picked up some of her style.

Patsy also helped teach Burke how to write.

I agree the note had a young male tone to it, what with all of the threats and apparent references to action movies.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

I was taught to form my letters in a certain way via the Palmer penmanship method, but my handwriting looks nothing like the Palmer method, and never did. Even if Patsy did teach Burke to write, I don't think he could duplicate her writing to a tee.

I'm a woman older than Patsy. I watch lots of action movies and can quote dialogue from many of them. My husband and I both can, and when we watch movies more than once, we like to say our favorite lines of dialogue with the actors. Our grown kids give each other frightened looks when we so this while they're here.

Originally posted by Maxi
I have wondered if JAR dictated the note over the phone to his friend on the scene, or if he wrote it at another time and his friend carried it in. I know many people hear Patsy in the writing, but I hear a young man because of all the action movie references. I wonder if Patsy helped JAR write high school and college papers. It's possible he could have picked up some of her style.

Maxi, good thinking! I recall in the beginning of the case, from a tab, ( at that time one of the tabs were insiders), one tab said there was an email on Burke's (hard to believe anybody else couldn't have used it) PC asking how to write a ransom note. This case makes much more sense when I consider JAR the one responsible for JB's death.

Whoa Nellie, Imon. This was reported in a tab? I thought I'd read every tab out there and don't remember that. Wow! I think I heard something once about "something" being found on Burke's computer, but had never heard what. And I don't care what anyone says, the tabs have been more right on about this case and recent ones more than they have not. I realize that doesn't prove Burke was involved (anyone could have written the email), but it sure as hell wouldn't have been an intruder. Wouldn't they need a password to get into his computer in the first place? I think a male Ram was behind this crime and do not rule out either JAR or Burke. Why aren't these people behind bars?

I might have a copy of that tab, Thorkim, but I don't have my scanner hooked in case I'd find it.

Passwords on PC's can be used by more than one, or a PC can be left on with a user's password and somebody else can go under it, I believe.

The PC claimed to be Burke's might have been in what they called the playroom/toyroom on the same floor as the youngsters bedroom. I haven't read where the PC was located, so won't say for sure.

I don't think BDI, but I do believe it was a male Ramsey. Again...JMO

In the 1998 interviews John told Lou Smit:

"The ransom note seemed childish, in terms of a young person."

I agree with John's interpretation -- it was likely written by a young person.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Hi Blue Crab. Although I don't think BDI, I always enjoy reading your take on it. Nice to see you posting again.

Originally posted by BlueCrab
In the 1998 interviews John told Lou Smit:
"The ransom note seemed childish, in terms of a young person."
LOL - Well just what did you expect John to say to the cops, "it reads like the distraught mother of freshly murdered child wrote it"?

The language in the ransom note is NOT the language of a 10 year old. Remember, when this little twirp thinks of his sister he goes "beep, beep, beep"...

IMO

Here's why I believe there was a fifth person in the house that night:

1. The evidence is compelling that neither John nor Patsy wrote the ransom note. Therefore it had to have been written by Burke or a fifth person in the house that night.

2. There was crime scene evidence missing from the house that logically could have been removed only by a fifth person. These items included the roll of Shurtape brand black duct tape; the balance of the Stansport white cord; the murder weapon; the tip of the paint brush handle; the piece of dark blue fabric used to wipe down JonBenet; the size 6 panties JonBenet was wearing prior to being redressed in ridiculous size 12 panties; the red ink pen used to draw the red heart on JonBenet's palm; the stun gun; and the nine pages ripped from the note pad used to write the ransom note.

3. There is foreign DNA evidence that suggests that two males were involved.

4. Patsy made repeated comments in the plural, such as "they", about the possible killers. Pam Paugh came right out on T.V. and admitted she knew who was involved and there were two of them, but she didn't know which one did the actual killing.

5. Burke, being only 9 years old at the time, was immune to prosecution under Colorado law but nevertheless the Ramseys embarked on a massive coverup. This suggests they are covering up for a fifth person in the house that night who was 10 years old or older.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Here's WHY IMHO THERE WAS NO 5th PERSON!

./1. The evidence is compelling that neither John nor Patsy wrote
./the ransom note. Therefore it had to have been written by
./Burke or a fifth person in the house that night.

a: I AGREE TO DISAGREE...WHERE IS THE "EVIDENCE" TO BACK
UP THIS INFO YOU REFERENCE ABOVE??? ... URL(S)SURELY?

./2. There was crime scene evidence missing from the house that
./logically could have been removed only by a fifth person. These
./ items included the roll of Shurtape brand black duct tape; the
./balance of the Stansport white cord; the murder weapon; the
./ tip of the paint brush handle; the piece of dark blue fabric used
./to wipe down JonBenet; the size 6 panties JonBenet was
./wearing prior to being redressed in ridiculous size 12 panties;
./the red ink pen used to draw the red heart on JonBenet's palm;
./the stun gun; and the nine pages ripped from the note pad
./used to write the ransom note.

a: ALL OF THE ABOVE ITEMS COULD HAVE BEEN IN PATSY'S
PURSE(HANDBAG)! IMHO Patsy's bag/purse was not
searched for such...WHY NOT?!

./3. There is foreign DNA evidence that suggests that two males
./were involved.

a: DNA is not an "absolute"...this DNA could be/may have
been modified- but the RANSOM NOTE CAN NOT
BE "CHANGED--IT IS WHAT IT IS!!; provide URL if you can
regarding TWO MALES???...???

./4. Patsy made repeated comments in the plural, such as "they",
./about the possible killers. Pam Paugh came right out on T.V.
./and admitted she knew who was involved and there were two
./of them, but she didn't know which one did the actual killing.

a: OK...SO WHAT DOES THIS/THAT MEAN... IMHO it's the two of
them (John/Patsy--as in stuck w/each other
re:Domique Dunn(LKL))!?

Originally posted by Ivy
I was taught to form my letters in a certain way via the Palmer penmanship method, but my handwriting looks nothing like the Palmer method, and never did. Even if Patsy did teach Burke to write, I don't think he could duplicate her writing to a tee.

I'm a woman older than Patsy. I watch lots of action movies and can quote dialogue from many of them. My husband and I both can, and when we watch movies more than once, we like to say our favorite lines of dialogue with the actors. Our grown kids give each other frightened looks when we so this while they're here.

:D Huh Me Too...LOL; too funny ... I'm 2yrs (or 1yr) younger than Patsy but me and hubby of many years(18) do do the same and get those "looks" from kids(4)...we're on the same chapter no doubt so can relate...same page - don't know...heehee LOL!;)

Shylock,

The ridiculous length of the wordy ransom note, its shock movie adages, its unnecessary threats and other immature language, its bizarre amount for a ransom demand, its childish foreign terrorist theme, and its obvious failure to convince anyone it was a real ransom note since the writer also failed to take the collateral, JonBenet, with him, strongly suggests the writer was a young juvenile male.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Blazeboy 3,

Regarding the ransom note -- the main evidence that neither John nor Patsy likely wrote it comes from the opinions of the government's expert document examiners. These included Chet Ubowski of the CBI and his staff; Richard Dusak of the U.S. Secret Service; and private examiners authorized by the CBI to examine the note: Leonard Speckin, Edwin Alford, Lloyd Cunningham, and Howard Rile.

Regarding the DNA -- On page 182 of PMPT pb, "The CBI discovered that the stain found on JonBenet's panties contained the DNA of more than one individual. JonBenet's DNA was the main component, but there was a minor component consisting of DNA from another person or possibly more than one."

It was further determined that the secondary DNA sample was from at least one male, but not likely from John Ramsey. However, I can't find the source for this right now.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Shylock,

The ridiculous length of the wordy ransom note, its shock movie adages, its unnecessary threats and other immature language, its bizarre amount for a ransom demand, its childish foreign terrorist theme, and its obvious failure to convince anyone it was a real ransom note since the writer also failed to take the collateral, JonBenet, with him, strongly suggests the writer was a young juvenile male.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

Even John said at the time of the body's discovery that he felt it was "an inside job".

I have not read every single thread or every reply so please forgive me for asking this but is it possible that Burke could have strangled JonBenet and when she passed out she could have fell back and hit her head on something? Kids fight often and it very possibly could have been an accident. I see no other reason why her mother or father of anyone would hit her over the head in an attempted cover up. To me that is such a grotesque thing (to hit someone over the head with a heavy object).

Rachael,

Yes, it was grotesque -- but it happened.

It appears that JonBenet was strangled first, perhaps gently and accidentally, but then, as part of the staging, smashed so hard over the head with a heavy object that it split her skull in two, and then strangled again so severely that the cord ligature imbedded deeply into her neck.

The stick and cord around JonBenet's neck was not a Garrote. Garrotes look nothing like that and usually are simply a piece of wire or cord with a handle on each end.

The device on JonBenet had just one handle and couldn't have functioned as a typical garrote. In my opinion it was a device used for EA (erotic asphyxiation). Even John Ramsey admits the killer was experienced in EA.

Therefore, it appears to me to be an accidental killing while engaged in the extremely dangerous act of EA. The accidental killing was then covered up to look like it was the result of a sadistic murder committed by a terrorist -- as suggested by the fake ransom note.

The naivety of the whole scene, IMO, points to one or more young males.

Just my opinion.

BlueCrab

I do see a potential case whereby JB was suffocated by something, fell and hit her head, and the perp panicked. I also see a scenario wherey the perp premediated the death, due to JB exposing the perp.

I think they were strangling her, she woke up--began to flip out, the attacker (whomever you wish) freaked out, hit her on the head.....staged the garrote.

I know that is random--but I have to go smoke a cigarette! Dirty habit--but I love them!

Originally posted by Rachael
is it possible that Burke could have strangled JonBenet and when she passed out she could have fell back and hit her head on something? Kids fight often and it very possibly could have been an accident.
Sure anything's possible. Part of Thomas' theory is that Patsy threw her into the bathroom and she struck her head on the bathtub or someother fixture.
I've often wondered if she wasn't struck on the head at all, but thrown off the second floor landing near the staircase and landed on her head. There was a case a couple years ago where an 8-year old boy killed a 4-year old girl by using a wrestling hold on her that he saw on TV, watching WWF SmackDown. Maybe Burke picked her up over his head while clowning around and she went flying down the stairwell, landing on her head. However, none of that explains the childlike molestation, unless that was pure staging by the parents to make it look like a pedophile intruder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back