Who related to this case is arrested now?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO LFlorida, her record, in and of itself, does not make her any more likely a suspect - sorry for having initially clarified that. It is her association with JJL, his arrest for a LL charge, albeit it appears to have been discharged, and quite frankly, based upon the possibility that she may have been an accomplice - this is not unheard in crimes committed by a man with a gf/wife who either feared him due to his past abuse/threats toward her or a gf/wife, having grown up in an abusive home herself and being starved for love, wants to prove her undying love and therefore she is more likely and willing to go along for fear of losing the relationship and ultimately this mans love. Again let me be clear - I am NOT stating that ANYONE is guilty of anything, I am only stating that there are certain individuals who will come up in this case who are directly/indirectly associated/related with one of the families - if they have criminal records, *esp. a LL charge/dropped or not, AND they knew HaLeigh, they must be looked at. I don't care whose side of the family they're related to - period. JMHO -

ITA

And FWIW, I should have read the title of the thread.

Busy, I have a question. Do you know if the Kanger who wanted child support from Amanda is the ex step daughter of Ruby? Just wondering if Marty's MIL is also a link in this chain? TIA

Oh, wait a minute, now I'm all confused again. Are there 2 Amandas? thx

Up until a day ago, I didn't understand we could start threads & I am trying to abide by the rules; it is tough to pick a generic title. I wanted to do this one "Is LE going to start arresting the Cummings side of the family"? But never mind. :angel:

Family member of Haleigh Cummings jailed in Putnam County on gun charge

The latest wrinkle in the story has nothing to do with then 5-year-old Satsuma girl's disappearance. Freddie Wayne Cummings — the uncle of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings — was charged Sunday with firing a gun in public after some family fisticuffs outside a Putnam County bar.

Cummings, a 61-year-old Lake Como resident, was at the Hide Away Bar in the 200 block of Old Highway 17 shortly before midnight Saturday when the hits started coming, according to a Putnam County Sheriff's Office incident report.

He was with his brother, Jack Lester Cummings, 49, sister, Annie Lee Lucas, 51, and girlfriend, Debra Gray, 58. They were talking about money when things began to escalate, the report said.

The brothers went outside and exchanged blows until Freddie Cummings pulled out a gun and fired twice — once in the air and once in the ground. Bartender Melissa Spoon told the Times-Union Cummings slapped her when she tried to break up the fight and also punched his sister.

Cummings was taken to the Putnam County jail and booked on the gun charge. Bail was set at $504. Domestic and simple battery charges were forwarded to the State Attorney's Office, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Each of the feuding family members appeared intoxicated, the report said.

Other witnesses at the bar told deputies the incident was a "family thing."Employees at the Hide Away Bar helped raise money for the Cummings family in March, about a month after Haleigh went missing.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...igh_cummings_jailed_in_putnam_county_on_gun_c

In all fairness this is the originating thread-opening post by Dee10. You'll notice if go back to the first page of this thread - specifically this very originating thread-opener post, you will see that it was given applause for having been posted. How is this story - in particular, JLC & FC, any more likely to be linked to HaLeigh's disappearance than say JJL? The only difference that I can see is the familial association. I'm not going to get caught up in making sleuthing distinctions based simply on familial relations - IMO, if someone has a prior LL arrest, dropped or not, they reside in the same town/city as a missing 5 year-old child and they knew this child - related or otherwise - they should be looked at! JMHO -

Amanda would be Crystals half sister as well as a cousin and JJ sister. You need to check all the various counties to get an idea of accurate criminal record.

Like I said this has all been sleuthed out and discussed at various times, you have to take into account everything in the picture, the history, criminal records, family dynamics, comments on myspace, events close to the time Haleigh went missing etc.

This is in no way a tit-for-tat, just my own observation from searching through the area's criminal dockets and jail logs [Putnam, Marion, Lake, Alachua, et al].

I have searched these dockets for "Cummings" and -whoa!- there's a bunch. I'm in no way implying that these are all related to Haleigh's family because frankly I do not know. And FWIW, I freely admit that I rarely search for Sheffield or Griffis or Lauramore or Kanger because I do not suspect the maternal side of the family as involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

I might not know all of the "family dynamics", and I do not put much credence into myspace comments, but you would be hard pressed to find many people better than I am at digging through online public records. (I don't mean to be a braggart, but I am pretty dammed good at it.)

Amanda would be Crystals half sister as well as a cousin and JJ sister. You need to check all the various counties to get an idea of accurate criminal record.

Like I said this has all been sleuthed out and discussed at various times, you have to take into account everything in the picture, the history, criminal records, family dynamics, comments on myspace, events close to the time Haleigh went missing etc.

I am done justifying why I posted JJ recent arrest. Maybe the title of the thread should be amended to Cummings family members recently arrested. Time for me to jump off the merry go round.

Busy I hope that you don't mind me jumping in here - please don't jump off the merry-go-round! IMO you're right. It's my understanding that this thread isn't/wasn't to solely track & post the Cumming's family arrests. Regardless of who each one of us feels is responsible in HaLeigh's disappearance, engaging in unfair assessments/nonassessments will only lesson the validity of ones opinion. If you feel strongly in your opinion based on the evidence/facts in this case, that opinion shouldn't be threatened simply by someone introducing/entertaining another possible suspect and/or scenerio in this case - if it is, IMO, one should assess why they find this threatening to their opinion. If anything, the introduction/discussion of other possible suspects/scenerios can help to strengthen your theory OR reveal areas in a theory that don't fit well, are questionable, or need to be looked at further - it does not neccesarily disregard the theory altogether. JMHO but none of us - our theories - should go unchecked.

I believe he is the cousin who we thought looked so much like Ron. [He ain't lookin' too good in that most recent photo though.]

jmo

you are sooooo right. that's exactly what I thought when looking at the booking photo of how much he resembled Ron, I seriously had to take a double take, lol

Its a shame these young men are in and out of jail. He looks like he could be a handsome dude, if he would take care of himself and make his life meaningful. Thanks for the info. as I hadn't run across his name before and the resemblance was crazy making my curiosity soar.

These families need some serious guidance with wisdom. Our young males are needed in society to be prosperous, take care of their families and children. Be strong for the women folks, not being in constant trouble. It eats away at the family funds and structural foundation.

nomoresorrow, I wanted to express how much I appreciate your take on keeping an open mind and eye towards any and all arrests surrounding Haleigh, her family and any shape or form of arrests that could possibly appear to be motive or opportunity to abduct Haleigh. LE is the key in this case. Their holding all the trump cards, of course only equal to the real guilty perp who actually committed this crime against this baby girl.

I am done justifying why I posted JJ recent arrest. Maybe the title of the thread should be amended to Cummings family members recently arrested. Time for me to jump off the merry go round.

I see no way on earth that Amanda L is Crystal's half sister. She's not even a step sister. JJL & Marie were never married. Her children by JJL would be Crystal's half sister & brother.

I see no way on earth that Amanda L is Crystal's half sister. She's not even a step sister. JJL & Marie were never married. Her children by JJL would be Crystal's half sister & brother.

Amanda is Crystal's little sister's half sister and Crystal's 2nd cousin. JJL Sr is Marty S's uncle and his kids are Marty's first cousin including Crystal's little sister. Confusing? Yes, it is. LOL

Thanks Cajun for correcting that - in my family we don't use the terms step, half etc pretty much if one of your siblings shares a mother or father than all the other children are considered brothers or sisters in our family. Thanks again.

Amanda is Crystal's little sister's half sister and Crystal's 2nd cousin. JJL Sr is Marty S's uncle and his kids are Marty's first cousin including Crystal's little sister. Confusing? Yes, it is. LOL

Does being held a minute and 16 seconds count as being in jail? LOL

He might only have been on the books for 1:16, but I'm willing to bet he was arrested earlier and was in custody a lot longer than that. [Basing this on what I've read in scanner threads, though.]

If that had said Ron Cummings under it I would have believed it. Wonder if him and ron ever worked at the same place.

Good question re: employment, one for which I have no answer.

I did some checking in local obits and this David S. C'ings is son of Fred C'ings [Lester/Jack's brother]. He was "sentenced" to a drug rehab place called Unity [in Ocala/Marion County] for his charges back in May 2009.

Sources:
Obit for Leanne Cummings in Palatka Daily News
Putnam County, FL Criminal Court Dockets,

Thanks LF. My goodness...he is the son of Freddie....whoah! That's the same thing that happened with RC....who is the son of Rooster. Did these two men look like Ron and David when they were young? That is some strange genes. One would think they had the same mother.....totally weird!

Rooster and Freddie look just alike also. That Cummings gene is strong. Same with the Croslin gene.

The Cummings men do tend to favor, that's for sure, but Ron favors his uncle, DSq, too, imo.

Have you seen the booking photo for Hope S? [Ron's cousin by Katrina] She looks SO MUCH like Teresa. Can't quite put my finger on what it is, but they def favor each other.

The Scanners said Tommy got caught stealing a beer at the Kangaroo today.

:woohoo:
The Scanners said Tommy got caught stealing a beer at the Kangaroo today.

Silly Tommy. Doesn't he know the S.O.P. for beer thieves at the Kangaroo, running a risk of getting caught, is to throw the beer at someone? Yeesh. Kids these days.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy if you were caught stealing a toy or food...there might be a bit of sympathy, but stealing beer for your Christmas cheer??? Have to wonder if a keg would last till Christmas though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024