Who told P.I. not to call 911 if body found?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Privilege is pretty cut and dried, no? BC would have known if the person who told DC was subject to privilege and advised him accordingly. Isn't that why he was there :)))?

I agree. That's why I think whomever wasn't covered by any privilege. If they were, BC would have advised not to tell. If DC told anyway, the info wouldn't really be of much use to LE and any other info they got from that initial privileged info would be worthless, as being fruit from the poisoned tree. This is all assuming that DC told LE off tape, which is my understanding. If he didn't give i.d. on advice of counsel concerning privilege, then, would indicate KC or defense team member.

I agree. That's why I think whomever wasn't covered by any privilege. If they were, BC would have advised not to tell. If DC told anyway, the info wouldn't really be of much use to LE and any other info they got from that initial privileged info would be worthless, as being fruit from the poisoned tree. This is all assuming that DC told LE off tape, which is my understanding. If he didn't give i.d. on advice of counsel concerning privilege, then, would indicate KC or defense team member.
I take your point.

Conversely, if DC's response was to point out an individual not attached to privilege, why keep it off the record?

My hinky meter is leaning towards Lee at this moment...even though I do feel for this young man, i do think he is broken and incomplete as he said. Yet he is an adult with choices, and choices lead to action... "he knows what he's done" comment does lean towards some sort of wrong doing ....

Who ever this person is I believe it to be someone in Casey's inner circle who has some sort of authority in regards to Caylee and/or DC. IMO

If it was Lee, I would also put money down that Cindy would say it was her to protect her son.

IMO, it is Lee. That was who came to mind when I read the interview and your comment about Cindy also makes sense.

Lee doesn't want to have to testify against his sister and admit Casey knew where Caylee was before her body was "officially" found.

What else would all the "obstruction" talk be about?

JMO

The problem with DC now is that his credibility is shot (for me), the price you pay for giving inconsistent statements and for generally being so evasive and weasley. How do you know which part, if any, of his statement(s) to believe? I don't know whether to believe or disbelieve his assertion that nobody in the A household, or whatever cryptic way he said that, ever gave him these instructions. He seems upset with JB, for cutting him off from Casey, and also with Hoover. He might blame the person he's most disgruntled with, who knows?

I think LE was primarily interested in finding out if information from Casey A is what led to all these activities, because that would be relevant to the question of guilt or innocence. They also need to explore whether claims of A/C privilege to protect the information are real or false, if group conversations occur with non-defense people. CA, GA and their associates only seem to get pulled into the mix because they won't be straightforward with LE. I'd hate to be an investigator in this case, for a lot of reasons.

Some credibility is inferred if it's against his own penal interest. LE seemed interested in a lot of different angles and to have a lot of info about DC's activities before this interview and kept knocking him on his heels with it. At some point, he may have figured they already knew and he would get caught if he lied again. And he may have been correct; they may have already known.

The problem with DC now is that his credibility is shot (for me), the price you pay for giving inconsistent statements and for generally being so evasive and weasley. How do you know which part, if any, of his statement(s) to believe? I don't know whether to believe or disbelieve his assertion that nobody in the A household, or whatever cryptic way he said that, ever gave him these instructions. He seems upset with JB, for cutting him off from Casey, and also with Hoover. He might blame the person he's most disgruntled with, who knows?

I think LE was primarily interested in finding out if information from Casey A is what led to all these activities, because that would be relevant to the question of guilt or innocence. They also need to explore whether claims of A/C privilege to protect the information are real or false, if group conversations occur with non-defense people. CA, GA and their associates only seem to get pulled into the mix because they won't be straightforward with LE. I'd hate to be an investigator in this case, for a lot of reasons.

Some credibility is inferred if it's against his own penal interest. LE seemed interested in a lot of different angles and to have a lot of info about DC's activities before this interview and kept knocking him on his heels with it. At some point, he may have figured they already knew and he would get caught if he lied again. And he may have been correct; they may have already known.

I'm so glad you've mentioned that. I thought of all the comments on the Anthony House thread about the weed barrier used in the A's back yard. But what does it mean if the item has no "Tag #" or "Item #" on the Report (page 3400) ?
Unknown. Just like alot of things in this case. :crazy:

I know you were joking about JG but I don't think we've seen the end of throwing him under the bus..:furious:
I was very upset to read in Annie's statement that Casey was still trying to put suspicion on him when Annie asked her about the chloroform in her car.

Sickening, isn't it? He seems like such a nice kid. But I do agree, if they can find any way at all to implicate him in this or for that matter, for anything else, up to and including jaywalking, I think they will. Maybe they're still mad he insisted on dna test. For some reason, they seem to really dislike him.

I take your point.

Conversely, if DC's response was to point out an individual not attached to privilege, why keep it off the record?

Because "technically" the information came from Casey. And "technically" the contract between DC and Casey is still valid. Or so DC was trying to convince LE.

IMO

Maybe because the Anthony's said they'd used it in their back yard. Then, it somehoew winds up at the crime scene!

Since the dogs also alerted in the yard, Casey must have had Caylee out there at some point. (maybe when she backed the car in garage then borrowed the shovel from her neighbor?)

oic. Thanks. So how large was it, if we know, and how did the transfer occur? Maybe she used it as a liner in her trunk?

I had the distinct impression that DC was going to spill with the tape running.

My hinky meter is leaning towards Lee at this moment...even though I do feel for this young man, i do think he is broken and incomplete as he said. Yet he is an adult with choices, and choices lead to action... "he knows what he's done" comment does lean towards some sort of wrong doing ....

Who ever this person is I believe it to be someone in Casey's inner circle who has some sort of authority in regards to Caylee and/or DC. IMO

If it was Lee, I would also put money down that Cindy would say it was her to protect her son.

Totally agreed. Cindy would take her chances, IMHO, as the grieving grandmother, that LE wouldn't prosecute her over LA, and quite frankly, I don't think C&G can handle another of their children going to jail, whether that would happen or not.

I take your point.

Perhaps because it was his employer, so they did it at his request. As DC's attorney of record, BC couldn't ethically tell the A's what was told to him in confidence by DC.

ETA: Or better yet, maybe off the tape because they didn't want this out on an FOIA request before they had fully investigated the allegation.

I totally agree that he had to have been getting the impression by the end of the interview that LE knew quite a bit, so he started reversing his previous statements (still trying to guess just how much LE knew and only telling just that much). Based on what we overheard in the hearing about DC and LE, I think LE concluded one interview and then surprised him with the fact they had the tape (or some portion of it) in part 2. I don't think he counted on that at all. I'm not discounting that LE has interest in all the potential obstructors or mistruthers, not at all. It's just that the initial source being the defendant is primary.

Ok, y'all are pretty convincing with the KC theories. But I thought it had been months since DC had contact with KC before he went to search?

Ok, y'all are pretty convincing with the KC theories. But I thought it had been months since DC had contact with KC before he went to search?

No doubt all roads lead to KC because she's the one who put Caylee in the woods. I think she either told her parents while she was out on bail or by communication through JB after she was incarcerated (I'm not saying JB knew what she said, just that he facilitated the notes/letters/emails). I'm betting on while she was out on bail though.

( ( ( Or maybe even right after the 911 call. ) ) )

ETA: I assumed it was a given that CA had solid knowledge from the *source*. Absolutely.

Well, CA had "her people" out there a month earlier. She spoke too quickly, not realizing the video-tape would soon surface. Her intent was to immediately tell LE that the area was searched already and nothing was found, therefore the remains were just placed there recently - while KC was in jail. "Her people" were DC and JH.

Since the person who told DC not to call 911 was not an A family member or their defense attorney and the communication was privileged - that only leaves JB's office as the source of the directive.

BC was retained by the Anthony's right before Caylee's remains were discovered, around December 11, 2008.

I am a little confused about the privilege thing. I understand Cindy and George wouldn't have privilege rights regarding Casey and Baez, but why would there not be privilege between a PI and his clients?
Lanie

Well, CA had "her people" out there a month earlier. She spoke too quickly, not realizing the video-tape would soon surface. Her intent was to immediately tell LE that the area was searched already and nothing was found, therefore the remains were just placed there recently - while KC was in jail. "Her people" were DC and JH.

Since the person who told DC not to call 911 was not an A family member or their defense attorney and the communication was privileged - that only leaves JB's office as the source of the directive.

Hi - You seems so certain but I don't think JB had anything to do with this. Why would he want to be disbarred? Even he is not that arrogant. I just don't believe it to be true. Telling DC to obstruct justice would be a huge criminal act.

ETA: He's going to trust a sleazy PI? Sleaze knows sleaze and he wouldn't trust DC. IMO.

I believe since the info was considered perhaps priviledged that it came from JB's office. Its a possibility it was Lee because he did not live at the A's back then but I don't know why that would be priviledged. It has to come from JB via KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime