Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you suppose that the meter reader saw another bag, that was picked up. With old tires and such in the woods, looks like some people just dumped things there.
I do hope this poor guy does not regret being the one to find the remains. He was out there looking, and obviously cared that the remains be found. I do not think he was involved in the crime or coverup.
Lots of explaining due from Le though.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

They also revealed that the utility worker who reported the find of a child’s skull a week ago had been on the scene before and had also called authorities to report a strange odor and something in the woods that was ‘just not right’ in the same area on August 11, 12 and 13th.

This admission came during a briefing given by Capt. Angelo Nieves of the Orange County Sheriffs Office to reporters at the scene late Thursday.

This whole thing STINKS. But I don't know who stinks more.. the meter reader or LE! :furious:

1. If you saw a bag on the side of the road, would you call police or check it out yourself?
2. Why didn't anyone else see this bag on the side of the road? (Maybe they did.. maybe people will come out of the woodwork saying they reported the bag back in August!)
3. Why would he lie on December 11... saying he had to relieve himself and stumbled upon the bag? That in itself should be suspicious to LE!

wait.. do I have this correct.. ? The meter reader's FIRST name is GERMAN?

They are saying on FOX it is being said he was in the woods on his own time when the body was discovered and not on the clock.

They do not know at this point it he has any connection to Casey.

Blow me over. What an unexpected development! xox

The 911 call said he was driving a county truck ???

Yikes !!....what next ??

OSCO is going to have to give the details of what those tips were and the incident report from when the deputy came out.

I refuse to believe that a deputy came to the scene, saw this exact bag and left. LE has done a fabulous job with this case and I don't think monday morning quarterbacking them is fair. We are all aware that many of them read here, if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it is them, lets see what the context of the tips were.

If anyone knew Caylee was there and the water and mud was deep why would they try a recovery under those conditions. They might have had a bigger problem than they do now.

As I recall and maybe even read on here at one time, a basic premise of LE is that "there is no such thing as coincidence". This just seems too weird to not have something else to the story. The idea that he just came back after 4 months to check it out now is not credible. It is clear from the healthy green foliage shown in many of the pictures that those plants have not been underwater for quite awhile.

OMG! HE called in the bag before TS Faye hit Orlando on the 18th!

"Path Shows T.S. Fay Passing Through Orlando; Landfall As Cat. 1
VIPIR Path Shows Fay On Land Earlier, Moving Into Atlantic Ocean

POSTED: Monday, August 18, 2008
UPDATED: 4:32 pm EDT August 18, 2008"

Why didn't he just call OSCO and ask what happened to the bag? If he can testify that he showed the bag to the deputy and left, then that deputy has a lot of 'splaining to do. What deputy would go out there, see the bag, smell that undeniable smell, then leave? Something is not adding up.

If it ate at him, why didn't he call the Anthiny's, Leonard or Tim or a news station, or, like I said before- the cops.

JoAnn_W

He called LE. They came. They looked. They left. What more can a guy do when he has already called the proper authorities, they checked it out, and then left???

He did the right thing. He is not responsible for the actions (or lack of) by LE.

Why didnt someone look inside of the darn bag to see what was in it?????????
if not the meter reader himself or the deputy?
were they just standing around saying "yep its a bag alrighty...best just leave it here"

*stealing from NG here*

WHOA WHOA WHOA

who said he had SEEN the bag when he called previously?

I thought the bag with the remains was black...so if he saw a gray bag in August, was it a different bag? Maybe he smelled something in August and thought it was coming from the gray bag at the side of the road, but it was actually coming from the black bag which was further in the woods and therefore under water...

didn't mean to imply that he did all this because of the reward (which isn't that much), I'm sure his intentions were all good, especially since he worked around the area the Anthony's lived....but since there is a reward, I think he should get it...as long as everything checks out.

ROFL- and not about this case- Laughing at Tricias comment that shes going to get a group rate on a shrink for all of us- NO DOUBT. I'm so dumbfounded right now, I'm almost speechless- How can a case get this bizarre. I cant recall another case with so many twist and turns- I cant believe this is all happening- now we have the meter man to figure out- my poor head. We still may be sitting here next Christmas talking about this case if more twists come into play- it may not make it to trial by next christmas-

*stealing from NG here*

WHOA WHOA WHOA

who said he had SEEN the bag when he called previously?

Good point...what is the actual source of the "he saw a gray bag in August" version of the story?

I didn't listen to the press conf so assumed it was something the Sheriff said.

I'd be careful concerning judging this meter reader. A "perp", not so much. I do not think he had anything to do with this case. Perhaps he became infatuated with this case. That is fair to share considering everyone of us here have.

His not being home is not a surprise if he was aware of what was coming in terms of LE media annoucements. I have no doubt we will know soon this gys involvement. I do not think it's sinister at this time. Too much not known right now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank You Very Much for making that statement, talk about a rush to jugement here.:furious:

Do you suppose that the meter reader saw another bag, that was picked up. With old tires and such in the woods, looks like some people just dumped things there.
I do hope this poor guy does not regret being the one to find the remains. He was out there looking, and obviously cared that the remains be found. I do not think he was involved in the crime or coverup.
Lots of explaining due from Le though.

That's what I'm wondering! Could there have been a bag by the side of the road that was nothing but trash and taken by the police? Then, since he hadn't heard anything about it, the MR went in for another look? Makes sense! I'm going to reserve my opinion on this one until I know more about the circumstances.

Reluctant as I have been to think anyone but KC is involved, this makes me wonder. This is just so bizzare. If this guy called three times in three days, then the water came, then just as soon as the water receeded, hello, he's back and poofo, there's the body. This is scary and confusing.

I agree. Forgive me if someone has already posted this but it's hard to get into the forum.

What is bothering me is that LE made it appear that the meter reader discovered the body while working/relieving himself. Initially, they seemed to have no knowledge of the other calls this man made in August. If they did, they didn't share it with the public. If LE interviewed this man thoroughly after the discovery, I would think the meter reader would have brought up those calls in the initial interview. Something isn't right with the meter reader. I pray I am wrong. Maybe LE didn't want the fact that he had made prior tip calls to be made public as part of some kind of damage control?

As I recall and maybe even read on here at one time, a basic premise of LE is that "there is no such thing as coincidence". This just seems too weird to not have something else to the story. The idea that he just came back after 4 months to check it out now is not credible. It is clear from the healthy green foliage shown in many of the pictures that those plants have not been underwater for quite awhile.

I don't see how his coming back to find out what happened to the bag could be termed, "a coincidence." Now, that a bag with a child's body in it is found near Casey's house, THAT is the kind of "coincidence" that LE doesn't believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi