Whose gotten burned on e-bay?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in mediation with a seller right now on ebay. Bought a Kachina doll sent a cashier's check for $78.50 jerk (seller) pansa35 has totally dogged me. Not only did I send a cashier's check he sent me a email saying it was on the way / then told me it had been damaged by the post office. Would send my money back...I agreed that was ok.

Then the jerk sent a letter to Ebay stating I never paid for the item.........
he is a total scam artist!

Cheko said:
I'm in mediation with a seller right now on ebay. Bought a Kachina doll sent a cashier's check for $78.50 jerk (seller) pansa35 has totally dogged me. Not only did I send a cashier's check he sent me a email saying it was on the way / then told me it had been damaged by the post office. Would send my money back...I agreed that was ok.

Then the jerk sent a letter to Ebay stating I never paid for the item.........
he is a total scam artist!
I looked up pansa35 and there isn't such a user with that name...did he send your money back?

Best to always pay through paypal using a credit card. Then you have recourse if something goes wrong.

BirdieBoo said:
The best and easiest ways to protect oneself on ebay is to research the seller through feedback, and only buy items from sellers that accept paypal payments funded by credit card.

Paypal offers protection for both buyer and seller, and they are much more helpful for purchases paid by credit card.
This isn't always a surefire way to protect oneself either. I was scammed by a seller who had over 3000 good feedbacks and 8 negatives. The negatives were listed as - items purchased were not as expected - item recieved late, etc....
So the negative feedback gave me no alarms right out. After months and months of email, phone calls, etc....I finally recieved what I had purchased - but it wasn't as I had expected!

Indeed! Buyer Beware! :twocents:

DS

BirdieBoo said:
I think it's well established that she got scammed, seeing as how the seller took $1600 and did not send her anything.

Timex: Is there an update?

Nope...I got back some, but not all of the money, as the seller had already removed part of the funds from their account, so paypal could not refund the entire amount. Still out about $365.00

Paypal tried contacting the seller...that ebay thingie tried contacting the seller...seller never responded to anyone. PayPal says they are still trying to recover the missing funds, but Im not holding my breath.

I did try to file a police report locally, but they would not allow it, as they said I could not prove the seller had intented to commit fraud, and there has to be intent.

Timex said:
Nope...I got back some, but not all of the money, as the seller had already removed part of the funds from their account, so paypal could not refund the entire amount. Still out about $365.00

Paypal tried contacting the seller...that ebay thingie tried contacting the seller...seller never responded to anyone. PayPal says they are still trying to recover the missing funds, but Im not holding my breath.

I did try to file a police report locally, but they would not allow it, as they said I could not prove the seller had intented to commit fraud, and there has to be intent.

That's weird, I would think the fact that she took your money and quit communicating would show intent. At least you got back SOME of the money.

That is a bad seller though. You shouldn't be out ANY money.

racer x said:
I have been buying and selling on E bay for about 4 years, and have over 200 positive feedbacks, zero negative. I get sent a lot of FAKE ebay correspondance that all looks legit, (logos, links ) The scammers tell you that they are E Bay and your account has been suspended, follow this link to reactivate your account. People fall for it, give them their username and password. Then the scammers use the account by changing the password to a new one. This allows them to use YOUR account that has YOUR good feedback and YOUR contact information to scam others. Use your head when on e-bay. If the deal is too good, its a scam. If the seller is out of the country, don't bother, chances are its a scam. There are very few things you cant find here in the states. If the feedback doesn't seem right, its a scam. I buy industrial machinery quite often. I once had a guy I contacted, selling a machine that looked new for a great price. I contacted him and he claimed to be out of the country buying machines. send the money to him via western union in germany and he would ship the machine FREE. I looked at his feedback, 100% perfect. There were a bunch of red flags. 1) out of the country seller. 2) wanted western union payment. NEVER DO THAT!!! 3) feedback was all positive, selling BEANIE BABIES!!! obviously a hijacked account. 4) offered free shipping on an expensive large item. no one does that. Point is this, use good judgement. there are millions of good sellers. if they have good feedback, selling items similar to what you are buying, you are likely to have a smooth transaction. I have purchased 2 cars (even a nearly new Corvette) and much equipment for my business and have had nothing but great success but I keep a healthy dose of skeptisisem (sic?) . let the buyer beware!
i just got one of those ebay updates. i replied and someone from jerusalem just made 3 withdrawals from my bank. the bank is aware and cancelled the card but stupid me gave my social security #. anyone have any advice please email me at juditht@dmcom.net.
my bank account is now secure but i wonder about what the consequences of the ss# might be.

juditht said:
i just got one of those ebay updates. i replied and someone from jerusalem just made 3 withdrawals from my bank. the bank is aware and cancelled the card but stupid me gave my social security #. anyone have any advice please email me at juditht@dmcom.net.
my bank account is now secure but i wonder about what the consequences of the ss# might be.
I think that you should call the major credit agencies and put some kind of fraud alert on your accounts, if you can. I would call each agency and explain the situation. If they have all of your personal info, I would think that someone could easily steal your identity.

I use my bank account on ebay (via paypal)
I do this because ANY charge that I dispute my bank refunds that day + overdraft charges) and asks questions later.

I use Bank of America. I have heard that in other states (I live in Florida)
they aren't as good but here.. I can only say nice things.
Heck they even refund my own overdraft fees.
Plus once I deposited a check and a few days later needed the cash to buy a car..
The money wasn't available yet but I went into the branch close to where I was and they released my money in like 2 minutes.

Ahhh maybe this should be new thread!!

About ebay.. only one bad experience.
Toys not recieved as described and I left negative and so did seller for me but you can leave a note in your feedback to reply to such things.

I'm a long time user of e-bay too and I have gotten burned a little bit.

Before I buy, I always check the feedback rating and the pictures of the things sold in the past. My husband wanted me to buy this book off e-bay once and paid $15 for it. Not a great amount, but the "book" was a link to an online page for hints on this computer game my husband had been playing and he knew all the hints anyway. That was probably my worst experience buying.

As a seller, I've received tons of non payer bidders and it's frustrating to the point that I've quit listing on e-bay. I am saving all my stuff for a garage sale in a month or so. I decided to go with a garage sale because some of my things are really big items and the shipping would scare people off so I'm purposely not selling on e-bay now to include some little things in my sale.

Oddly enough, I started going through my house and rounding up all the things I need to get rid of, putting them in a closet and now I literally cannot fit another thing in my closet-not even a small item-it's so jammed with unwanted things. My stuff is good condition-I wouldn't sell it if it wasn't and now I"ve got 2 other people wanting to go in on the sale with me so it should be very exciting-probably more so than e-bay.

Maybe I'll get back to e-bay someday, but I get really sick of it....

I'm sorry to all those who got burned. I've never burned anyone as a seller or buyer and will readily fully refund for items due to whatever reason (buyer's remorse, wrong size etc.) It'd be a great place if ALL people were honest.

I'm glad I found this thread. I bought a few small items on Ebay back in the late 90s--things like an NC State Cheerleader Barbie and some Barbie veterinarian clothes. I may have bought one or two other things, but that's all I can remember. I have NEVER sold anything there. I haven't used Ebay since the late 90s or early 2000. Over the past few months, I have received some Ebay emails, but I wouldn't dare click on the links because I couldn't tell if they were legitimate. This morning I received this email:

"We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due
to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

As we state in the User Agreement, Section 8, we may immediately issue
a warning, suspend, or terminate your membership and refuse to provide
our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause legal
liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if you
have breached the User Agreement or if we are unable to verify or
authenticate any information you provide to us.

If you feel you have been suspended in error or want to appeal this decision
by providing additional information, please click here :

https://signin.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1

Due to the suspension of this account, please note that you are
prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new
account.

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your
obligation to pay any fees you may currently owe to eBay.

Regards,

eBay Trust and Safety"

I went to the eBay site and tried to send an email. I had forgotten my username and password. When it sent me my username, I know that is not the one that I used. Then when I tried to send the email, it wouldn't let me get on because I was suspended from using the site. My son finally found some page where I could send an email. I explained how I hadn't used Ebay in years and that I had never sold anything there. That page said that it might take 24-48 hours before I got a reply. Do you think someone has been using my name and email address to get money out of people?

A couple of things about ebay:

First...as previously shared by another poster, here's the phone # for ebay:

1-800-322-9266

I called this # the other day regarding my getting ripped off by a seller....it worked!! I got a refund :)

Secondly...ebay is, I believe, a recent scam-goat. By that I mean that scammers are using ebay type emails to scam people and get information from them.

I'd call ebay.

BirdieBoo said:
I looked up pansa35 and there isn't such a user with that name...did he send your money back?

Best to always pay through paypal using a credit card. Then you have recourse if something goes wrong.

He must of dogged 3 of us about the same time from what I see. I'm going to call Ebay tomorrow since you'se posted the phone number.

No he kept my money, he said he was going to send a refund but never did. Then he told Ebay I failed to pay him. Filthy liar. Bank has the canceled check, with his name signed to it.

I've wheeled & dealed on Ebay for several years & love it. But with the times changing a person really does have to be careful. From now on I'll only buy from sellers using paypal. After I purchased it he sent me a email requesting a money order only as payment. I had a bad feeling about it at that point. I sent the cashiers check.

Then he told me he had to wait for the check to clear the bank. Then he stated it was sent / then sent me an email saying the post office had notified him the package got damaged in transit & he'd refund my money. Just been one lie after the other. He then went into hiding having private feedback. Refuses to acknowledge any emails. A total jerk.

Many thanks for the email phone number.......

Seller changed his Ebay ID to: sonandnini
thats why he never showed up. He also has a private feedback. Also seen where he has a welder up for auction so the items are getting larger to embezzle more money.

Also it was very surprising my confirmed ebay address showed up as a address in Texas. Strange since I live in Wis.......Ebay is certain the seller did it! Told the guy they need to put this seller out of buisness ASAP.

Thanks again WS'ers your the best!!!

Please contact his local law enforcement. They will likely be able to do something about him because you have the copy of the cancelled check. He appears to have a history of this behavior.

I guess I hold the record for stupidity on ebay.I saw a car I was looking for on auction from a dealer that had 73 positive feed backs.I contacted some of the feedback posters and the said they had no problems with the seller or cars the bought.I sent the money and no car,seems you can "Hijack" a legit business site on ebay. Then shut down and dissappear.$3,000 gone. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back