Whose gotten burned on e-bay?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BirdieBoo said:
I'm sure he got kicked off for selling fakes, and yes, that is a federal crime.

I doubt he unregistered himself, the process takes about 3 months, you can say you want to unregiser, but ebay won't let you until 3 months have gone by with no activity.

Can you post the item number?

Hi, sorry I'm a few days late in replying to your question. Oddly enough, I just went to find the information, and that guy is not "no longer a registered user"! He's active again!!! :eek: I wonder if he was just temporarily suspended for not paying his seller fees??

The seller's user id is: paddydaddy125

Item #: 5038240391

Here is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5038240391&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Winning bid was $3,850.00 :(

You can go through that guy's feedback and see all of the fake Rolex parts that he has purchased to build this watch.

SimonSays said:
Hi, sorry I'm a few days late in replying to your question. Oddly enough, I just went to find the information, and that guy is not "no longer a registered user"! He's active again!!! :eek: I wonder if he was just temporarily suspended for not paying his seller fees??

The seller's user id is: paddydaddy125

Item #: 5038240391

Here is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5038240391&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Winning bid was $3,850.00 :(

You can go through that guy's feedback and see all of the fake Rolex parts that he has purchased to build this watch.
Have you reported him to Rolex? I'm not sure if they could do anything about this but I think they take great pride in the watches they make.

Paradise said:
Have you reported him to Rolex? I'm not sure if they could do anything about this but I think they take great pride in the watches they make.

I'm not sure if his friend did or not, but if he hasn't, he should. You're right, Rolex wouldn't appreciate this either, the guy using their name to sell fakes. I think his friend is not doing all that he could be doing out of embarrassment from getting screwed. I would be the complete opposite, doing everything in my power to get him in trouble. I know he reached him on the phone when it first happened, and the guy basically laughed at him and said the auction said no refunds, and tough luck.

IF they were sold a ROLEX, it better be a ROLEX !
I sell on E Bay and this is fraud !
There is a section under not what u bought or misrepresented the ite. I suggested a suit be filed, pronto ! Also if paid through pay pal then file a suit there also. It takes time but will rid E Bay of a creep. 1 is too many !

KNOW your seller when bidding. IF NOT certain about the item then ask the seller a question. IF they no answer, then u KNOW buy. Good indicator of their prioroties. ALSO I would never BUY anything from someone who has under 99% feedback. That is a red flag of problems.I also buy her and there ,a dn IF someone wants to trust a seller with feddback under 99% that is their choice, but not mine. Let me know if u need any help. I have been at this for about 5 years on E Bay, selling, primarily, anything of value for a fair price.

beakiebean said:
Most of the time if they're no longer a registered user it means they didn't pay the seller fees and ebay booted them until the account is paid up.

Becca
NOT a registered user is used for complaints, nonpaying bidders, shill bidding, fraud, etc. Usually the seller fees come off a credit or debit card. It has to be a srious infraction to get booted off.

Was this watch paid for via PayPal or moneyorder/or check ?

IF u pay PayPal and get a complaint, they LOCK up your PayPal acct. UNTIL it is resolved !

Please let me know if I can help at all and please feel to Private message me also if u desire. Not a problem !

If paid by paypal, file a complaint immediately. There is only a 45 day limit to file so it's probably too late but then you are free to pursue a chargeback through your credit card company.

Stefani said:
NOT a registered user is used for complaints, nonpaying bidders, shill bidding, fraud, etc. Usually the seller fees come off a credit or debit card. It has to be a srious infraction to get booted off.

You can get temporarily booted for not paying fees. Some sellers do this so that they can sell an expensive fake , get booted for awhile so the buyer thinks they have no recourse, then get reinstated to continue their nefarious activities.

Linda7NJ said:
I am new to selling on e-bay and would love to hear some of your suggestions!
Hi Linda7NJ; how to sell on eBay dpends on so many factors; the main thing being the item(s) you are attempting to sell. Researching past ads on the same item, to see how the ads were phrased, the amounts asked, and bid, and the number of responses received will give you some ideas. It pays to be familiar with eBay--how to search for prior ads, and being fully aware of the available market--use, and knowledge, of the advanced search capabilities of eBay is a must.

Stefani said:
Was this watch paid for via PayPal or moneyorder/or check ?

IF u pay PayPal and get a complaint, they LOCK up your PayPal acct. UNTIL it is resolved !

Please let me know if I can help at all and please feel to Private message me also if u desire. Not a problem !

It was paid for with a money order, unfortunately. I passed along everyone's advice to my husband for him to tell his friend.

Thank you! :)

I have been doing eBay for about a year now. Out of close to 300 buys I have only been ripped off 3 times. All 3 were/are Power Sellers with great feedback. The negative feedback I left disappeared but what 2 left for me still remands. But before my neg. feedback disappeared I heard from many other's who told me they too had been ripped off & that their neg. feedback disappeared, strange.

Sad that when you get burnt you have to be scared of telling the truth & warning others because if you leave neg. feedback you KNOW they will do it to you. Still I did it.

I did, after many months, get my money back on 2 of the items (close to $400.). The 3rd one was $40. & I didn't even mess with it besides leaving a neg.

95% of who I have dealt with have been EXCELLENT. Some even adding extras and such. But never again will I buy electronics from power sellers.

Sly

I agree with Sly regarding electrical goods and power Sellers on e-bay. I love it and we do heaps of buying and selling. Every now and then we have trouble, usually when we are selling. I am extremely wary of users with no feedback as they are the ones we have had trouble getting the money out of. But at the end of the day we still have the goods so we just re-list and leave bad feedback.It is a bit of a problem when people have bad feedback , i usually just hope for the best. Anyone that screws us around get blocked from any of our Auctions and if their feedback is really bad then we retract their bid. I must say that i Love American E-bay and have dealt with some really lovely people on it.

Well, my latest mishap on Ebay is a CD purchase. I always pay immediately using Paypal. This CD was supposed to have been mailed USPS via first class mail. Well, I never received it. The seller sent me a confirmation number, which merely indicated that the data for the shipment had been electronically received. It appears that the CD was never taken to the post office.

The seller told me that she put it in the mailbox on the weekend. I told her that I thought that it was strange that the post office didn't update the status and that it hadn't arrived in almost 10 days since she sent it first class.

She is now listed as an unregistered user of Ebay. The money amount is <$10; but it is the principle. Plus, I wanted the CD for my husband's birthday!!

I filed a complaint with Paypal, asking for my money back. The seller now has a refund pending for me with the comment that she just wants to give me my money back because I am a nuisance. :blushing:

Anyway, I guess that I won't get my money back until Paypal investigates. What alarmed me (besides not getting the CD) was (1) She wasn't answering my emails; and (2) She is now unregistered.

She also had perfect feedback. So, I am wondering why she would now be unregistered. :waitasec:

I am just glad that this was a small purchase!

Some sellers would rather start over than have that type of negative complaint against them.I haven't "knock on wood" had any problems with sellers, but buyers is another story. I create personalized wedding and party favors, but refuse to do copyrighted stuff for obvious legal reasons. A lady bids on the birthday bubble bottle favors I have listed , then expects me to use copyrighted graphics. My ad wasn't misleading, it stated that the auction was for the design pictured , and the photo was of the finished product. I wouldn't have minded doing a faux design or something to coordinate with the partyware , but she was so insistent that if all these other sellers on ebay sell copyrighted graphics, that it wouldn't hurt for me to. I refunded her the money and told her to go to one of them, because her 50 dollar order wouldn't be worth the risk of a lawsuit.Several people have contacted Ebay and their stance is "it is the sellers responsibility to police their own site, and copyright holders place to pursue any illegal use". JK Rowling contacted the Pres. of Ebay because people are selling forged autographed Harry Potter books, she even tried to persuade them that they should prevent this because it is "primarily children who bid a lot of money on these items".
Ok, I am finished with my Ebay rant now...LOL.

i tried doing ebay a while back, and boy what a huge waste of time. they make the damn thing so friggin' COMPLICATED.... and by the time you sell something and pay for the hassle of shipping it (package or whatever, stand in line at the PO) and then make a few bucks.... it doesn't seem worth the trouble. unless,, you are in the business of selling highly collectible & sought after items that command a high price.

I just have to chime in and say I love Ebay. I have bought and sold things there. It's a great place to get things that you can't find anywhere else, ie: remote controls for old TV's. Last summer I bought a big lot of someone else's kids clothes. My youngest is tough on clothes to say the least. I spent $30 and didn't have to worry about him all summer and the best part was that when he made some kind of mess that never quite came out, or a shirt got ripped climbing over a fence retrieving a baseball, then I didn't feel the need to choke him!! I swear my other kids grew up, but he's almost 15 and still as messy as he was when he was 3....

I only had one person who didn't ship their merchandise and in fact never picked up payment and the money was refunded to me. We really have fun bargain shopping on Ebay at my house.

reb said:
i tried doing ebay a while back, and boy what a huge waste of time. they make the damn thing so friggin' COMPLICATED.... and by the time you sell something and pay for the hassle of shipping it (package or whatever, stand in line at the PO) and then make a few bucks.... it doesn't seem worth the trouble. unless,, you are in the business of selling highly collectible & sought after items that command a high price.
USPS has free home pickup..you print out the postage which is deducted from your PayPal account that is paid for by the buyer..no hastle..and they also send you Priority Mail boxes free of charge..i ship all my Ebay and Christmas using their free services.

well, OK-- the shipping part isn't a problem (other than having to stand in line at the PO for an hour). it's just the techincal stuff that i always have trouble with-- for instance, i always have trouble with pay pal... never seems to work right. i sold something last year and made about $6, listed something else that didn't sell and quickly lost the $6. bah! i also know several people who sell vintage clothes on there and they've never made enough for it to be worth it... i don't understand how people are making money at it...?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back