Whose gotten burned on e-bay?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snorky said:
My page did not contain boxes for numbers. It had buttons and was for starting a claim instead of statusing a claim. I have never listed an item so I am not sure where auction tools is located. I will look for that. :)

was there a scroll down button for existing disputes, maybe under the file thing

Girasole recommended a video to me and I had never been on ebay before so I was navigating. Anyway, I placed a bid and I won and then I couldn't register on paypal but the seller just called me and told me that because of my high check count that he is sending the video tomorrow so I guess it has worked out. Can't wait to get my old video.....The Last Of Sheila.

Beyond Belief said:
was there a scroll down button for existing disputes, maybe under the file thing
No. LOL I am giving up for now!:) I'll wait until the 30 days and call that EBAY phone number that is on this thread.

Thanks for helping me!

Paypal sent me an email and I have 10 days to comply:

Please obtain a document (such as an estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer; repair
shop, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in
the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which details the
extent of the damage or clearly explains how the item received
significantly differs from the item advertised.

Okay - I faxed the estimate to paypal - the damaged was written up and the repairs came to 129.00 and they said the lens was not economical to repair and needed to be replaced.

Let's see what paypal does now. Crossing my fingers!

snorky said:
Okay - I faxed the estimate to paypal - the damaged was written up and the repairs came to 129.00 and they said the lens was not economical to repair and needed to be replaced.

Let's see what paypal does now. Crossing my fingers!
Boy that got complicated.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I won my claim!! Yippieeeee! What a relief. I wish the seller had just done the right thing from the start but at least I am going to be refunded.

Now, I really don't want to take a chance on negative feedback with them so I wont be leaving anything negative for them. Just moving on.:dance:

snorky said:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

...I really don't want to take a chance on negative feedback with them so I wont be leaving anything negative for them...
I wish that you would reconsider and leave an honest feedback to help others. You can always add a response below the feedback that they leave for you.

I have had two negative feedbacks as retaliation for my negative feedbacks. However, I do not leave negative feedback lightly, only when I feel that it is deserved.

Smart people can see the seller is retaliating.

Did I miss it? Can you tell us who the seller was? I want to make sure that I never buy from her or him!

nanandjim said:
I wish that you would reconsider and leave an honest feedback to help others. You can always add a response below the feedback that they leave for you.

I have had two negative feedbacks as retaliation for my negative feedbacks. However, I do not leave negative feedback lightly, only when I feel that it is deserved.

Smart people can see the seller is retaliating.

Did I miss it? Can you tell us who the seller was? I want to make sure that I never buy from her or him!
The seller is: dropnselltx01

They seem to have a good track record and because they are a consignment house, the original owner of the camera probably duped them. Not sure who was truly at fault but from what I understand about the camera, it had been dropped and had invisible damage as well as visible. Glad I took the time to have an expert repairman write an estimate for me.

I've had unbelievably good luck on eBay. A few small items broken during shipping, but nothing major. There has been once, or twice, when it appeared there was going to be a major problem, on big ticket items, but I have been amazed when the end result ended up far exceeding my expectations. So all in all, I am well satisfied; however, as time passed, I have become a lot wiser, and I manage to avoid pitfalls.

snorky said:
The seller is: dropnselltx01

They seem to have a good track record and because they are a consignment house, the original owner of the camera probably duped them. Not sure who was truly at fault but from what I understand about the camera, it had been dropped and had invisible damage as well as visible. Glad I took the time to have an expert repairman write an estimate for me.
Congratulations! Now go get that camera you really want!

Beyond Belief said:
Congratulations! Now go get that camera you really want!
BB ~ I am thrilled and now in the market. I am still agonizing over film vs. digital. Since my daughter has a digital I can borrow, I am leaning towards the Canon AE1P. I'll let you know what I finally decide on.

Hmmm. I tried to put a smiley in but my computer is blocking me! What did my kids do?!!! Guess I have to go on the help forum. C-ya! (insert smiley here)

I buy and sell on ebay. I have yet to have any problems but I have read about some horror stories. I pick up some bargins on ebay. I bought a very old ring and I am sure the seller did not know it's worth or age i paid 99cau$ and had it valued today at $1600.00 aussie $. I don't get in as much trouble for my shopping addiction if my hubby knows( or is lead to believe) that i am buying a real bargin..lol:p :clap:

A good friend of my husband's was recently ripped off.... he bought a Rolex on Ebay (first mistake.. I personally would never buy such a big ticket item on Ebay)... the guy had perfect feedback - he paid around $3,000 for the watch - sent a money order - received the watch - took it to a jeweler to verify it's authenticity - and he found out today that it's a fake.

My husband called me from work today to see if I could do a little research to see what he can do to recover his money, if he can at all.... and I started looking closely at the seller's "feedback left" - and this guy has been buying fake Rolex parts and tools on Ebay since July. It looks like he has been collecting replica parts and built the watch himself. Not to speak poorly of his friend - but I don't think he did enough research into this guy before buying the watch, otherwise he would have seen this and it would have thrown up immediate red flags.

Also... he is no longer a registered user - but it isn't due to feedback issues, his feedback was perfect... I believe he unregistered himself. It also looks like this is the only Rolex he has sold there - I think he was just seeing if he could pull it off, then unregistered ASAP.

Bad deal all around, and Ebay usually isn't much help in these cases. He's going to file a police report, and also will be filing a complaint with the USPS Postal Inspector for mail fraud. Hopefully he'll be able to get some sort of resolution - at any rate, it's a lesson learned that's for sure.

SimonSays said:
My husband called me from work today to see if I could do a little research to see what he can do to recover his money, if he can at all.... and I started looking closely at the seller's "feedback left" - and this guy has been buying fake Rolex parts and tools on Ebay since July. It looks like he has been collecting replica parts and built the watch himself. Not to speak poorly of his friend - but I don't think he did enough research into this guy before buying the watch, otherwise he would have seen this and it would have thrown up immediate red flags.
That really sucks. I know I sometimes get excited and don't want to take the time to 'research' but I have not bought extremely high priced items. This is a good warning.

I did go back to ebay after I got my refund on my camera ~ I found a great one at a great price and it arrived better than described, so I am thrilled again. Funny, the company that I had the dispute with left me positive feedback last week and sent an email to submit my payment for the very item I was refunded on! I guess they really don't know what they are doing over there. :D

SimonSays said:
A good friend of my husband's was recently ripped off.... he bought a Rolex on Ebay (first mistake.. I personally would never buy such a big ticket item on Ebay)... the guy had perfect feedback - he paid around $3,000 for the watch - sent a money order - received the watch - took it to a jeweler to verify it's authenticity - and he found out today that it's a fake.

Also... he is no longer a registered user - but it isn't due to feedback issues, his feedback was perfect... I believe he unregistered himself. It also looks like this is the only Rolex he has sold there - I think he was just seeing if he could pull it off, then unregistered ASAP.

Bad deal all around, and Ebay usually isn't much help in these cases. He's going to file a police report, and also will be filing a complaint with the USPS Postal Inspector for mail fraud. Hopefully he'll be able to get some sort of resolution - at any rate, it's a lesson learned that's for sure.
This guy needs to contact E-Bay ASAP!! I agree with you. I also wouldn't pay for a big-ticket item on E-Bay, and I definitely would not have sent a money order. I would have used my credit card.

That amount of money would amount to a felony theft, I would presume!!

SimonSays said:

I'm sure he got kicked off for selling fakes, and yes, that is a federal crime.

I doubt he unregistered himself, the process takes about 3 months, you can say you want to unregiser, but ebay won't let you until 3 months have gone by with no activity.

Can you post the item number?

I continue to have very good luck on eBay; I have pushed the envelope a time, or two, and thought I might get burned, but I got lucky. Lately I have been doing a little research, of my own, on selling. I submitted suggestions to a bookseller on eBay, and he chose to follow my sugggestions. His sales increased with every suggestion that I made. He didn't follow my last suggestions to the letter, and I am waiting for his last ad to complete before I suggest the same changes to him again. He's still losing sales when he absolutely shouldn't be. Kind of a psychological exercise on my part; mental gymnastics.

Most of the time if they're no longer a registered user it means they didn't pay the seller fees and ebay booted them until the account is paid up.

Becca

Buzzm1 said:
I continue to have very good luck on eBay; I have pushed the envelope a time, or two, and thought I might get burned, but I got lucky. Lately I have been doing a little research, of my own, on selling. I submitted suggestions to a bookseller on eBay, and he chose to follow my sugggestions. His sales increased with every suggestion that I made. He didn't follow my last suggestions to the letter, and I am waiting for his last ad to complete before I suggest the same changes to him again. He's still losing sales when he absolutely shouldn't be. Kind of a psychological exercise on my part; mental gymnastics.
I am new to selling on e-bay and would love to hear some of your suggestions!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back