Why Christmas?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(after reading that thread) it sounds to me like the kids PR turned away were Fortier's kids from their neighborhood and PR was well enough aware of them to have the opinion that they were adopted. IIRC she described one as heavy-set and the other as possibly mixed race? it sounds like the candy-sellers were around at various times but were not the kids who asked if JB could play. I mean, selling candy on Christmas Day? JR spent the afternoon at the airport so I don't think he was the best authority on what all went on while he was gone. PR was the queen of rambling vague answers when it suited her purpose and JR quite often fumbled around as well, so IMO the instances when they were concise and vehement = heads up. and it could be something as simple as not wanting to be perceived as racist/snobby/judgmental. (q: was JB ill? JR: absolutely not)

Conspiracy theories aren't my forté, but this list of dates & "rituals" might pertain (slightly?) to the OP:

http://www.shieldofaith.org/resources/library/101.pdf

It doesn't say anything about Christmas. Then it ends with a list of other dates of major importance, including birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, baptisms....basically anytime!

And FWIW when searching for statistics on this topic--didn't find much meaningful--this popped up...

2s9ynsx.jpg

the links I found didn't specifically address Christmas Eve/Day but reported that these crimes increase during the holiday season: charity scams, retail theft, purse snatching, vehicle break-in, home burglary

and domestic violence

Someone on another site looked up the stats years ago and found almost all causes of death increase on national holidays, including murder.
But there was no description of the homicides. For all anyone knows these homicides are linked to too much togetherness.

I also remember kidnapping did not increase increase on holidays.

Maybe they knew she was having problems or ill because they (PR) had something to do with that. (I read where PR may of cleansed JBR vaginally, it was just someone's thought no proof, but made sence) Ignoring an infection? PR wanted to have a good time and not be bothered with a sick child.
I have seen this personally, where people lied to me and said their children were well, later to find out they had something contagious. I have to screen people around my husband because of his white count due to cancer treatments (chemo).:banghead:

Originally Posted by celticthyme View Post
Trying to bring this over from a previous thread
Was JonBenet feeling sick Christmas day and if so why would the R's deny this? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

One of the things that happens when people are lying is that they are so paranoid at concealing the truth that they will lie about anything. Even things that may not be pertinent to the case.

That being said it, there could be something to this.

One of the things that happens when people are lying is that they are so paranoid at concealing the truth that they will lie about anything. Even things that may not be pertinent to the case.

That being said it, there could be something to this.

You are absolutely right! In this case, the pineapple snack seems so innocuous. Why lie about such a simple ordinary thing as a bedtime snack of pineapple? Especially when it was well-known that Patsy always kept cut-up pineapple in the fridge because JB loved it. Why lie about whether she was carried into the house asleep (as the parents said) or if she woke up when they got home and walked into the house herself (as BR said she did)?
These are things that seem to have nothing to do with her sexual assault or murder, so why lie about them?
The reason why, IMO, is that both these events (walking into the house and eating pineapple after that) require that JB be awake after they got home. What's the big deal about that? The big deal is that it places these events VERY close to the time of death. So close that it is impossible not to think the parents were still up and about when the kidnapping/sexual assault/scream/murder occurred. And THAT is why the parents lied about them.

The 3 central lies...all of which serve to distance them from JRB after they got home:

1) she was asleep, carried into the house, put straight to bed
2) what pineapple?
3) Burke was asleep "throughout the entire event"

You are absolutely right! In this case, the pineapple snack seems so innocuous. Why lie about such a simple ordinary thing as a bedtime snack of pineapple? Especially when it was well-known that Patsy always kept cut-up pineapple in the fridge because JB loved it. Why lie about whether she was carried into the house asleep (as the parents said) or if she woke up when they got home and walked into the house herself (as BR said she did)?
These are things that seem to have nothing to do with her sexual assault or murder, so why lie about them?
The reason why, IMO, is that both these events (walking into the house and eating pineapple after that) require that JB be awake after they got home. What's the big deal about that? The big deal is that it places these events VERY close to the time of death. So close that it is impossible not to think the parents were still up and about when the kidnapping/sexual assault/scream/murder occurred. And THAT is why the parents lied about them.

Another thing I would add is that, we have the benefit of seeing all this evidence in righting. We have all the time to analyze why they would do this, why they would do that. The Ramsey's don't have the luxury. They pretty much have to do this whole thing....in their head? How can they remember exactly what should fit with their story what does it. They had to use a blanket strategy...and pretty much lie about everything and cover up everything. They did not have the benefit of organized thought and a written strategy that premeditated plan would have.

That's one of the reasons why I think it was believable they would write such a ransom note and yet leave the body. Considering they had to do this on the fly..I'm positive some information got confused between the Ramsey's. Like maybe Patsy thought John wanted her to call right away...when he actually said for her to call later in the morning. This is all on the fly and said only in conversation and most likely not written down. Mistakes like that are easy to occur in such rushed action.

I have always thought it was a family member who killed her out of jealousy and anger...and another family member who wrote the note to protect said killer. I think some things escalated that night which caused a jealous family member to attack her and then the cover up began to protect the killer. That has just always been what I thought happened that night. I know a lot of people don't think that there would be anyway for that to have happened but I think that jealousy can cause people (even kids) to do out of this world crazy things.

That is my thinking too. Despite being Christmas being stressful, suicide rates actually decrease and reach its lowest on Christmas.

I've been a lurker here but have an idea.

If it's an outside intruder, someone perhaps looking to get back at the Ramsey's or a psychopath just wanting to inflict pain on a family, Christmas is perfect. Ruining a happy holiday is probably one of the ultimate "bad guy" things to do.

If it's the Ramseys or one of the Ramseys, I can see Christmas as being a high stress holiday for some, especially if they are getting ready for a gathering or party. One little thing could set a parent off.

BlueBottle, why? What deadline would PR have?
You say everything was done for PR by PR and that it was done for them to be together, do you think PR thought she would pass away sooner?

Very often irrational behavior is accompanied by thresholds with number and date significance. Y2K is an example.

Numbers, time, dates and holidays are certainly part of the Ramsey case.

Christmas '96 was the last Christmas before Patsy's 40th and JonBenet's 7th birthdays, both traditional thresholds of change.

Patsy titled the talent performance in her last pageant "Deadline".

50:15 And call apon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you and you will honor me.
116:12 How can I repay the Lord for all his kindness to me?

116:17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you.

118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous. The Lord's right hand has done mighty things.

118:16 The Lord's right hand is lifted high, the Lord's right hand has done mighty things.

118:24 I will not die but live.
118:24 This is the day the Lord has made.
118:27 With boughs in hand join the festival procession up to the horns of the alter.

119:62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks

119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help. I put my hope in your words.
119:148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises

119:62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks.

119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help. I put my hope in your words.

Regarding Christmas...most people would refer to the night of Christmas eve to the morning of Christmas day as Christmas.

It seems odd to kill someone on the last few hours of Christmas day leading to the morning of the the 26th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back