Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it dont matter what she is cause shes gonna suffer.

I don't know which thread to post this but I just saw the video of Sandra skipping on the news for the first time. I'd been avoiding watching it, but I had wondered if Melissa had already given Sandra a drug earlier and maybe she left for awhile for some reason. The video shows Sandra swinging her arms up a little bit oddly then stop suddenly. She then takes her hand to push her hair aside, then puts her other hand up to the side of her head and holds her hands for a few secs on her head. Then she immediately seems to wobble a little bit, sort of slightly lose her balance before moving on. I think that woman had already drugged Sandra.

I don't know which thread to post this but I just saw the video of Sandra skipping on the news for the first time. I'd been avoiding watching it, but I had wondered if Melissa had already given Sandra a drug earlier and maybe she left for awhile for some reason. The video shows Sandra swinging her arms up a little bit oddly then stop suddenly. She then takes her hand to push her hair aside, then puts her other hand up to the side of her head and holds her hands for a few secs on her head. Then she immediately seems to wobble a little bit, sort of slightly lose her balance before moving on. I think that woman had already drugged Sandra.

That's a very interesting interpretation!

That's a very interesting interpretation!

Sandra's family would of course know how she usually skipped and her mannerisms. Maybe she always swung her arms up that way or her shoe could have caught against the pavement, but it doesn't look quite right and not the part where she glances to the side that bothered everyone else. I imagine LE looked at everything especially after learning the accounts of another child being drugged.

Hello,

I am new to posting but I found and read this site when Laci P. went missing. I was impressed with all of your insight into that case so I started up when Haleigh went missing and joined the site when Sandra went missing.

My gut tells me that Sandra saw MH put something into her SUV that was previously reported stolen in the MHP and was going to tell on MH. With MH's impending court date, the uncontrollable fear and panic of another arrest for theft made MH lose it, go into hysteria and commit this horrific crime.

I don't think she snapped (whereas she didn't know what she was doing) but that her sense of survival (freedom from going to prison for YET another theft) took over. I think she went into panic mode (disorganization) strangled or suffocated her, and then continued with out any plan... just get it done mode... Does that make sense?

C-

Wow! Not to shabby for a first post! I hadn't thought of that and I don't think it's been discussed here yet.

Post more! Post more!

It's interesting how we all interpret things differently. She looked so happy go lucky to me. I didn't see one sign of being drugged.

i voted "something else will come out" because i don't understand why MH would do this...
but my mother, 77yrs old, put it so simply that i can't ignore it....lol
she said "maybe Sandra was prettier and smarter than her own daughter and she was jealous"
i don't know....maybe she's right!

I voted something else will come out. I am hoping a confession. If MH was drugging other little girls with the intention of sexual assault (and maybe hoping they wouldn't remember) I wonder if that was her intention and the actual death was an accident? Has Sandra's cause of death been made public yet? I immediately thought of Karla H. and how her and her husband over dosed her little sister when I read about the other little girl having been drugged by MH.

this is what I was going to say....so I am quoting the great Columbo!

Thanks, nursebeeme!

Oh and one more thing: This has nothing to do with your post, nurse--I know that the word "crazy" is not pc; in defense of the websleuther who posted the poll, I think we all know that the proper expression would be "mentally ill" but that denotes some respect for the perp, and I don't think anyone feels any respect for her because of what she did to Sandra. People are feeling so much anger, so "who cares what we call her" is my assessment. I should be saying this better but I am in the midst of rushing off to a class, so bye for now. :blowkiss:

Thanks, nursebeeme!

Oh and one more thing: This has nothing to do with your post, nurse--I know that the word "crazy" is not pc; in defense of the websleuther who posted the poll, I think we all know that the proper expression would be "mentally ill" but that denotes some respect for the perp, and I don't think anyone feels any respect for her because of what she did to Sandra. People are feeling so much anger, so "who cares what we call her" is my assessment. I should be saying this better but I am in the midst of rushing off to a class, so bye for now. :blowkiss:

With all due respect, I disagree. Calling anyone crazy for having a mental illness is inappropriate, period. I realize what she did is inexcusable, however, my understanding of WS is that it is a cut above the other crime forums out there. In order to keep it so, proper terminology should be used.

I understand and agree with the anger and disgust with what MH is accused of doing. I don't agree with the usage of inappropriate terms for a medical condition the accused may suffer from.

In order to promote education and understanding of mental illness we must remove our initial knee-jerk reactions. Again, this is not saying she has a pass for what she has done. We need to see the bigger picture. MH is not the only one to have suffered from (possible) mental illness. Using terms like crazy is not just disrespectful to MH but to anyone who has ever suffered from mental illness at one time or another.

As a sufferer of severe depressive episodes and postpartum psychosis I care very much. It saddens me that MH had (possible) problems that others didn't see. Maybe they just saw her as crazy and didn't think she really needed help. Nevertheless, who knows what could have been different if we as a society could get past the negative labeling and make it "okay" for all to get the help that is needed.

I have had a thought since reading this morning, there are some wonderful sleuths that are looking into the possibility of Huckaby having other vics before Sandra.

I think that the psychological motives for rape that apply to men can be applied to Huckaby:
1. Control
2. Acting out of anger and hostility
3. Gaining selfworth or a sense of accomplisment by demeaning and degrading another human being.

Many times we see the same motives play out in Murder cases.

I think it's very possible that Huckaby does have other victims.

In my mind, murder, and rape are both extremely violent crimes and would more than likely be a result of escalation in commiting crimes. I think she may very well have other victims she has molested or otherwise caused harm to and I don't think she "snapped", I think she probably has been doing this for quite a while. I'm not sure she has murdered before, but our sleuths will be able to find something if she has, I'm sure.

maybe one selection in the poll should be "it has not been proven she did", I guess that is too old fashion for folks that love to slurp up whatever local law enforcement says with no questions and toss the concept of innocent until proven guilty out the window. based on the above poll, the justice system has collapsed. these instant convictions should lead to relatively quick executions, should be no need for trials anymore.

maybe one selection in the poll should be "it has not been proven she did", I guess that is too old fashion for folks that love to slurp up whatever local law enforcement says with no questions and toss the concept of innocent until proven guilty out the window. based on the above poll, the justice system has collapsed. these instant convictions should lead to relatively quick executions, should be no need for trials anymore.

Hmmm.. last I knew WS wasn't capable of bypassing the laws to be judge and jury for any suspect. It's a discussion forum. By US law she is indeed innocent until proven guilty. No poll on this crime forum is going to change that.

ETA: It wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if people couldn't discuss their knowledge and opinions. This poll is just opinion. Not judge and jury.

I have had a thought since reading this morning, there are some wonderful sleuths that are looking into the possibility of Huckaby having other vics before Sandra.

I think that the psychological motives for rape that apply to men can be applied to Huckaby:
1. Control
2. Acting out of anger and hostility
3. Gaining selfworth or a sense of accomplisment by demeaning and degrading another human being.

Many times we see the same motives play out in Murder cases.

I think it's very possible that Huckaby does have other victims.

In my mind, murder, and rape are both extremely violent crimes and would more than likely be a result of escalation in commiting crimes. I think she may very well have other victims she has molested or otherwise caused harm to and I don't think she "snapped", I think she probably has been doing this for quite a while. I'm not sure she has murdered before, but our sleuths will be able to find something if she has, I'm sure.

Great post! Personally, I need to see more of this woman before I think about motives for the murder. Up to now I've been discussing general profiles for female sex offenders - which lots of folk have enough of a hard time envisioning.

I do think it's likely that Melissa shares much in common with a certain type of male offender - the persistent type that evidences an infantile personality and that speaks to your first and third point.

Other factors to look for, however, will be:

1. External triggers (her perception that the chaotic elements in her life, which she didn't FEEL as if she could control, were escalating),
2. Drugs and/or alcohol - lowering inhibitions, and
3. A history of ANXIETY DISORDERS, including histrionic personality traits (which some have noticed when they've commented on her making so many comments to press and LE)

I think maybe she didn't intend to kill her at first, but when the molestation started Sandra tried to get away and she knew she would tell. She murdered her to keep her from telling. I am still not quite sure she didn't have help.

It's interesting how we all interpret things differently. She looked so happy go lucky to me. I didn't see one sign of being drugged.
I see so much of my son in sandra... the whole arm swinging thing.... so sad.

BTW, I came back here to read again..... and I voted that something else would come out. I guess it did. I never would have guessed this tho.

me either. I see her heading home then appears to me someone off camera called her name and she stopped skipping then headed in their direction to see what they wanted.

Now, I am not one to give any murderer/criminal an excuse, because there isn't one, but could it be possible MH has some sexual abuse in her past ? I am just trying to make sense of this insanity.

Well, it doesn't bother me a bit to call M. a whackjob. Maybe having some depression or whatnot like many many people, but also being a calculating cunning criminal who wanted to kill a child. Her reasons meant more to her than anyone or anything. Most people don't go stealing at Target either. Self entitled and manipulative in order to fool those around her. But, we don't know for sure that she was a pedophile or why she alledgedly killed Sandra. The molestation could be staged as has been said of Patsy Ramsey.

I am going to throw out 2 wacky theories out there, I think because my brain is having such a hard time with this. Regardless of anything else, I will bet that she suffered sexual abuse in the past- that being said...

Could she have some kind of brain tumor, which has been growing over time, and it is affecting a part of her brain that affects impulse control (thus the petty theft and need for mental eval for that), and it has grown? This may sound stoopid, but I remember seeing a L&O SVU episode once where something similar happened to an seemingly normal person, and it came out a brain tumor was what propelled horrible acts that occured- yes, I know that is fiction, but have read in NYT and elsewhere that they pride themselves in researching things that have happened and just fictionalize it.

I also like to hope that perhaps she killed her b/c she snapped for some reason or another and then sexually assaulted her after death in order to deflect suspicion towards a male (doesn't explain the whole suitcase premeditation however!)

I don't believe either of these scenarios took place- I just want to hope that there is some sort of explanation that precludes the evil that she appears to have perpetrated upon this poor little girl. Why is it that when Brooke Bennett's Step-Monster did what he did to her was I outraged & disgusted and chalked it up to him just being a sicko perv, but when it comes to this woman I want to find a plausable reason that caused her to be like this and do what she did? Damn double standard!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back