• Stall tactic?

Votes: 249 46.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 174 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally disagree. If he was my husband and our son was rushed to hospital with a broken bone or after a fall and they were keeping him overnight I would want him there, plus, I would not want JB defending me if he had other concerns (no matter how minor) on his mind.
He has said it is a private matter ... private is the operative word there, our definitions may differ from his, but if the above senario did take place JP is not going to openly say that Baez's child does not warrant a visit from his father. Afterall, this is all about a child... and he just isn't that narky.

i have a son, one of three, who often ended up in the ER with broken bones, etc,,,,(he was a smart alecky child, lol)
and after a while, i did not even call my hubby, as i knew he was working and he could not help the situation and would only worry
jmo (not meant to be snarky:)

Well, whatever it was, the judge agreed apparently.

Do we really know that the judge agreed? Or was he just trying to prevent prejudicing the jury against the defense team by his statements in court? IF so then out of the presence of the jury when JB comes back we might get an earful. You all say he looked angry, could there be a contempt on the horizon?

Have they asked this Judge to recuse himself because of ( insert another fake reason here) ? JB keeps complaining about how he does things.....

Dear God in Heaven I HOPE HOPE HOPE NOT!

Judge Perry is the Man!!!!!!:rocker:

I didn't vote because I have no idea. But I can think of one reason ICA would have been upset and that's if Senora Jose had an emergency. Can you imagine JB leaving ICA to go to his wife? Now THAT would be upsetting to her.

I don't think it is a plea deal Casey would have to tell everything and she's NOT NOT NOT going to do that.

It makes me wonder if Jose Baez if off the "Dream Team".

I will be *beeping* PO IF she does plea.

I want, as does everybody here a trial and for Casey to hear the words Guilty and (hopefully) Death Penalty.
or maybe they are trying to get a new judge??

i have a son, one of three, who often ended up in the ER with broken bones, etc,,,,(he was a smart alecky child, lol)
and after a while, i did not even call my hubby, as i knew he was working and he could not help the situation and would only worry
jmo (not meant to be snarky:)

I meant JP not being narky. i can't imagine (in my previous senario) that the Judge would stop JB from attending to his child. But I understand what you mean :)

Do we really know that the judge agreed? Or was he just trying to prevent prejudicing the jury against the defense team by his statements in court? IF so then out of the presence of the jury when JB comes back we might get an earful. You all say he looked angry, could there be a contempt on the horizon?

The potential jurors weren't present in the courtroom.

I have no idea. It seems like a stall. Don't lose hope. JusticefourCaylee

KC might have been crying because JB dumped her.

I seriously don't think KC would fire him, but I think he would quit! KC can't handle being criticized or rejected...

HHBPJ called it a "matter" and CM might now be coming up with a new plan.

Is it ICA"s time to fold her cards and JB is furious? I cannot picture ICA sitting there and watching people she knows talk bad about her. She just won't let that happen. She is too much of a narcissist to sit and take it.

Per her MO..she likes to ride things out to the very end and then push it some more. Rather than have her fans (in her mind only) hear terrible personal things about her (that are true) she may want to fold 'em..

I think it was a "personal" matter as in case specific. My first choice would be to appeal the jury process (but was not an option... well, maybe the stall tactic included file an appeal???). My second choice is a "personal" issue with Mr. Baez; either his family or himself. I don't believe he's leaving the team or stalling by playing sick.

MOO :twocents:

:praying: for justice for Caylee!!

Clearly it has to be a reason the judge found compelling enough not only to cancel court for the day but to not even say a word for the record, or address the state at all. I find it hard to believe he would have allowed anything other than a serious matter and that JB will be or was required to prove it to the judge.

And now the rumors heat up even more after Nancy Grace reports that immediately after adjourning court, HHJP left and returned to Orlando.

She speculating whether this means a possible plea in the morning?

or just a homecooked meal with wife?

Speculation....speculation...

Wonder if he and Baez carpooled??!!!

I don't think it is a plea deal Casey would have to tell everything and she's NOT NOT NOT going to do that.

It makes me wonder if Jose Baez if off the "Dream Team".

I will be *beeping* PO IF she does plea.

I want, as does everybody here a trial and for Casey to hear the words Guilty and (hopefully) Death Penalty.

Is it possible for Beaz to just leave? I would think that it is 2 far into the case for a attorney to leave? Anyone know the answer? Thanks

I wonder why he texted "Private matter". If it were a family emergency or illness don't you think you'd use the term "personal matter", instead of private. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to hear a plea deal or JB being dismissed or anything that exciting. So sad.

And now the rumors heat up even more after Nancy Grace reports that immediately after adjourning court, HHJP left and returned to Orlando.

She speculating whether this means a possible plea in the morning?

or just a homecooked meal with wife?

Speculation....speculation...

Wonder if he and Baez carpooled??!!!

Now that is news! Curiouser and curiouser!

Is it ICA"s time to fold her cards and JB is furious? I cannot picture ICA sitting there and watching people she knows talk bad about her. She just won't let that happen. She is too much of a narcissist to sit and take it.

Per her MO..she likes to ride things out to the very end and then push it some more. Rather than have her fans (in her mind only) here terrible personal things about her (that are true) she may want to fold 'em..

It has seemed obvious a problem has been brewing between KC and Baez for a while.

First there was the change in seating arrangement at the defense table.

Then KC repeatedly trying to catch Baez' eye but he continues to ignore her.

The "acting like a two year old" comment.

Then his comment to the court by Baez objecting to the jury selection process and stating that KC wants to be able to actively participate (paraphrasing)

Then KC once again starts playing paralegal and appears to be making her own juror notes, etc....

Then Baez' comments this morning to court about how he is doing his best for his client (to get on record?)

Seems like brewing trouble came to a head today...

I wonder why he texted "Private matter". If it were a family emergency or illness don't you think you'd use the term "personal matter", instead of private. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to hear a plea deal or JB being dismissed or anything that exciting. So sad.

Sorry, but if I had a "private"/"personal" emergency involving my family, I don't think texting the media would be at the top of my list....especially if I got a "headstart" on the media in rushing back to Orlando

I'm trying to catch up with this thread, but wanted to mention that I'm watching Nancy Grace here in my home office, and she just stated that HHMP has gone home to Orange County.

Is it possible for Beaz to just leave? I would think that it is 2 far into the case for a attorney to leave? Anyone know the answer? Thanks
One of the talking heads on HLN ("Judge Alex") stated that Baez cannot just leave. At least two hearings must be held including one called a Nelson hearing. He also said the hearings would be held immediately if that were to happen. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3