Votes: 65 12.8%
  • One of her parents was violent to her and killed her

Votes: 63 12.4%
  • Any other reason Madeleine went missing

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure many people have mentioned this before but Madeleine's parents were very careless and negligent when it came to their daughter's personal safety. I know in many interviews they seem deeply regretful and sorry about this. However, there was no justification for leaving their children alone, even IF they were checking on them every half-hour. And apparently their routine of checking on the children did not work because an abductor found his window of opportunity and most likely kidnapped Madeleine. Despite the evidence against the McCann's that attempt to incriminate them and accuse them of murdering Madeleine, I do believe an abductor, a single male or female, took her. I don't know if she's dead or alive but I do know that she could be anywhere. Just hoping for a breakthrough on this case since there isn't much to go on. My theory is that she was either sold in a child trafficking ring, that she's in the hands of a pedophile/predator, or the worst...that she's been murdered. Of course those are only speculations but all possibilities. It's just sad that Madeleine's parents have to live with her fate (which I hope is alive), and knowing that they were responsible for her disappearance.

Forgot one:

Originally Posted by SapphireSteel

"... Gerry identified as carrying M away."

If you mean the Smith sighting, he did not identify Gerry. He connected the posture of the man they saw to Gerry, based on a news clip showing Gerry carrying one of his children. he claims to be 60 to 80% sure.
www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

My deceased husband had a particular and peculiar bob in his walk. You could always pick him out in a crowd from his head bobbing up and down. Ever so often, I'll see someone with that same walk and, of course I think of him. Probably many parents carry their children that same way. I believe he saw a man carrying probably Madeleine. But not Gerry.
And besides, in the McCann PJ files, they verify that at the time the Smiths saw the man, Gerry was with GNR and/or PJ at 5A, giving statements.

Ok I give up.

The McCann is totally blameless, none of the legal actions or publicity they have craved have been intended for any other reason apart from getting M back.

Cynics might say that cooperating with the police was the best path to take if this was their goal, but apparently they knew better.

Just as they know better than Scotland Yard who have told them on no account to go back to Portugal.

Kate's there now, getting ready to speak to media on the courthouse steps.

As you do.

Ok I give up.

The McCann is totally blameless, none of the legal actions or publicity they have craved have been intended for any other reason apart from getting M back.

Cynics might say that cooperating with the police was the best path to take if this was their goal, but apparently they knew better.

Just as they know better than Scotland Yard who have told them on no account to go back to Portugal.

As you do.

I think her going back shows she has nothing to hide. Leaving the kids there was stupid. I don't think anyone thinks any differently about that, But it is what it is now and it does not make them guilty of anything else.

It is about the possibility that it could in fact be someone that we don't know.

This still makes no sense. They did nothing they would have to hide. If she had an accident, you call for help and you hope to heck they can save her.

You don't stage and abduction and hide the body.

My point is if she was "abducted" or " hurt" either one of those things could have been prevented with parental supervision. They left 3 toddlers alone in a foreign country whatever happened too them while they were left unattended is completely there fault.

I think her going back shows she has nothing to hide. Leaving the kids there was stupid. I don't think anyone thinks any differently about that, But it is what it is now and it does not make them guilty of anything else.

It is about the possibility that it could in fact be someone that we don't know.

BBM

So if I get this correctly you believe if you leave your children alone, what happens too them while they were left unattended is not your fault?

BBM

So if I get this correctly you believe if you leave your children alone, what happens too them while they were left unattended is not your fault?

It depends what happens to them. I would not leave my children alone. But what about people who let their kids play outside alone. At what age is it negligence if they get hurt. What if you child sneaks out at night..

They made a huge error, But they thought they had a plan that would work.

My point is if she was "abducted" or " hurt" either one of those things could have been prevented with parental supervision. They left 3 toddlers alone in a foreign country whatever happened too them while they were left unattended is completely there fault.

And there have been kids kidnapped from their beds, and taken when a parent turns away for a few minutes.

I think it was dumb..

He told a faithful account of the investigation. This has been proven in court as the attempt to block the book failed.

The book is banned in the UK, "unavailable" in the US (according to Amazon and Barnes & Noble.) It is apparently only sold in Portugal.

Ok I give up.

As you do.

Yay! I win! LOL!

Don't mean to get you down...but can probably match you slap for slap, today anyway.

As I've said before, you are a formidable opponent. And fun to banter with. :seeya:

I think we all agree on this point. It was careless and stupid.

My opinion is we should try to push past that now and concentrate on finding out what happened and where she is.

I totally agree they should not have left their children like that.

Back in the day (when my own were small), we were in a group much like the Tapas 9, but on a much less wealthy level. We went camping and boating at a lake many times during summer as a group. Four couples with kids regularly with the odd weekend visitors who were always welcome. We had small campers and the kids grouped together and slept in tents. They were up to 100 feet from the adults, sometimes farther, after they bedded down in the tents, the adults went to the fire. Nothing ever happened to anyone except the occasional hangover and sunburn :eek:.

But thinking back, so many things could have happened. Older kids could have smuggled cigarettes and started the tent on fire. Or victimized the smaller kids. Or they could be snatched by a stranger in the woods to pee. Snatched by anyone on the dirt roads. Or stolen from the tent when we were all asleep.

I'm just thinking that we didn't expect anything to happen. When you feel safe, you become lulled into a false sense of security, maybe. Not really communicating what I wanted to say...

Sorry about the anecdotes this evening. This cough medicine makes me chatty.

The book is banned in the UK, "unavailable" in the US (according to Amazon and Barnes & Noble.) It is apparently only sold in Portugal.
It is and never was banned in the Uk or USA for the simple reason it was never published in English! Or in those two countries. You can have a free read though by just googling for the english translation, the truth of the lie is the title
:seeya:

It is and never was banned in the Uk or USA for the simple reason it was never published in English! Or in those two countries. You can have a free read though by just googling for the english translation, the truth of the lie is the title

However it was never published there why??? If it so enlightening to the case...

I find it droll, judgmental and not at all about real information.. Just his perspective on the case... Nothing worth the read.

However it was never published there why??? If it so enlightening to the case...

I find it droll, judgmental and not at all about real information.. Just his perspective on the case... Nothing worth the read.

No publisher in the UK would touch it, they would be sued! By the mighty Mccann multi million dollar machine

And you are so wrong, he was not some lone maverick, he headed a team that came up with those conclusions with the evidence at the time, he wrote about things that happened on the ground that gves alot of insight...I think you are biased and not open minded.....

No publisher in the UK would touch it, they would be sued! By the mighty Mccann multi million dollar machine

And you are so wrong, he was not some lone maverick, he headed a team that came up with those conclusions with the evidence at the time, he wrote about things that happened on the ground that gves alot of insight...I think you are biased and not open minded.....

I don't think it is about them getting sued.. I think it is just ridiculous..

IM not biased I started reading the book, Just sounded like more guilding the lily to me.

It depends what happens to them. I would not leave my children alone. But what about people who let their kids play outside alone. At what age is it negligence if they get hurt. What if you child sneaks out at night..

They made a huge error, But they thought they had a plan that would work.

I don't know at what age it wouldn't be consider negligent, but i'am fairly sure it would still be consider child endangerment at age 4.

I don't know at what age it wouldn't be consider negligent, but i'am fairly sure it would still be consider child endangerment at age 4.

Maybe that still would not be murder, so why not just then call for help. It makes no sense that your child accidentally dies and you dump the body. I only know one other person who used that defense..

She wasn't 4, she was only 3.

Doesn't seem like a lot, but it is, development wise.

Poor little thing. Imagine how scared she was.

Maybe that still would not be murder, so why not just then call for help. It makes no sense that your child accidentally dies and you dump the body. I only know one other person who used that defense..

Your the only one stating she was murdered. I believe she died while she was left alone in apt 5a. I don't think she was murdered, I think it was accidental. But I still blame them! If they were home with there children like they should have been, I believe none of this would have ever occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne