Why did the Grand Jury not indict the Ramseys?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That insult is beneath my consideration.

Never said I wouldn't. Look, I'm convinced that they didn't. Someone asked me why someone might think they did, and I answered.

And all I ask is that people acknowledge that.

WHOA! Where in Odin's name did you get THAT idea? Who said anything about minorities?

MY arrogance? People in glass houses, and all that.

Dave,

They gave the best they got. They brought in Henry Lee, Barry Scheck, now come on. They couldn't even get a dang GJ indictment. Please, realize that the case wasn't ready. A damm GJ indictment. I say all of this not to criticize the theory, but they forced him. And yeah, I know Hunter's track record but it is not even a small issue here. The best of the best TOLD HIM TO NOT DO IT. And this is GJ with people who were schooled what their jobs are. Have you ever been on one? It is not like Team Ramsey was there to put on their spin. Please dogonit please.

Hey SD

That the Rs weren`t called, couldn`t that have been part of the prosecutions overall strategy. That, as presented, the DA went with the strengths of what the case evidence could provide.

I suppose. There are two ways of thinking. One is that it was better to keep them from being called because they'd be too sympathetic (or at least do a sales job). The other is that the Grand Jury would see them "as they really were," whatever you think that is.

I suppose. There are two ways of thinking. One is that it was better to keep them from being called because they'd be too sympathetic (or at least do a sales job). The other is that the Grand Jury would see them "as they really were," whatever you think that is.

Hiya SD,

Yes, that`s what I had speculated, that their presence would have a sympathetic effect. Their testiminy, as seen in the suit against Wolfe did little to add any clarity to the events of that that night.

as they really were, well .... they could be seen as having the airs of indignancy. PR is the wild card in that twosome.

I never knew the was a second GJ suggested.....But as I see it the GJ helped for this case not to solved either...Or that's what I read anyway....And I would like to know what last few witness came in front of the GJ...Just wondering cause of this is what led them away from the R's so does this mean they might had indicted the R's.....Cause remember I think the R's was shock even when no indictment came....

They didn't have enough back then IMO.And Hunter didn't want to indict either.Better build a strong case before going to trial,why risk.The thing is ,even if they had more I don't think Hunter would have wanted to indict,for other reasons(he knows exactly why).That's the only problem I actually have with this.

I read somewhere that the GJ actually wanted to indict but AH said no.Is this true?Thanks in advance.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that the cord around her neck was freshly cut from a brand-new roll. But if it was, it points even more to being the item on the R receipt from McGuckins' Hardware showing purchases of the exact amount and from the exact department as the tape and cord. The fact that it never was found doesn't really bother me. PLENTY of places to hide something so small. The golf bag (never checked by LE and removed from the home by PP). And the pockets of the (unsearched) winter coats worn by the R as they left the home that night.

Could be that there wasn't a roll at all,might have been a piece of cord bought for wrapping up gifts or something.This cord is sold in specific lengths and can be purchased in packages. We can speculate that the killer used all of the cord available,there is no remaining cord,there's no roll.

Now I read that too..So I like to have an answer too...Yet another thing confusing in this case...

Now I read that too..So I like to have an answer too...Yet another thing confusing in this case...

I heard he didn't like trials anyway,what was the percentage of cases he went to trial with?1%?

Anyway,I think what happened in this case with the GJ was a joke.It was done way too soon.It hurt the case,no matter how you look at it,RDI or IDI.A.Hunter was just a ping pong ball.

Roy23,I know this is off topic but can I ask you a question,do you think the Ramsey's know who murdered JB and why? TIA

Could be that there wasn't a roll at all,might have been a piece of cord bought for wrapping up gifts or something.This cord is sold in specific lengths and can be purchased in packages. We can speculate that the killer used all of the cord available,there is no remaining cord,there's no roll.

Thats not what ST said. He was emphatic that the cord came in a $2.29 package from McGukins, and that PR had purchased a sporting goods section item for $2.29. He obviously felt that this was a 'smoking gun' in the case and he said he never felt so defeated when nobody would submit his cord for testing.

I would've submitted it.

ETA: On the next page in ST's book he describes cops at the crime scene 'lawyering up'. Question for RDI: maybe 'lawyering up' isn't exclusively a JR/PR thing, after all?

I don't recall seeing anywhere that the cord around her neck was freshly cut from a brand-new roll. But if it was, it points even more to being the item on the R receipt from McGuckins' Hardware showing purchases of the exact amount and from the exact department as the tape and cord. The fact that it never was found doesn't really bother me. PLENTY of places to hide something so small. The golf bag (never checked by LE and removed from the home by PP). And the pockets of the (unsearched) winter coats worn by the R as they left the home that night.

I read it somewhere. Have a look at the photo of the 2nd ligature. The cord is perfectly clean and has the very fine frayed fibers at one end, suggesting it was freshly cut.

The whole premise behind RDI, though, is that there was an ACCIDENT. Therefore, the cord would've been purchased for an innocent purpose. There is NO evidence of this cord being used for that innocent purpose. See what I mean?

As far as this thread is concerned, the BPD got their chance to explain all of this speculative evidence. And a panel of DA's, FBI, and whoever said don't indict. Do you get it?

If it was up to the FBI, the parents would have been arrested Dec. 26. I doubt the FBI said don't do it.

And yes, I DO get it. Being condescending is something that seems to be particular to the IDI here (except Voynich). Wonder why? Guess you need that little bit "extra" to make you feel like you know what you're talking about.
And I can dish it out too.

If it was up to the FBI, the parents would have been arrested Dec. 26. I doubt the FBI said don't do it.

Chief Beckner, the FBI, the Dream Team guys, ALL said it: arrest them. No go.

And yes, I DO get it. Being condescending is something that seems to be particular to the IDI here (except Voynich). Wonder why? Guess you need that little bit "extra" to make you feel like you know what you're talking about.
And I can dish it out too.

They've gone BEYOND condescending. Now they're up to flat-out character assassination.

Hiya SD,

Yes, that`s what I had speculated, that their presence would have a sympathetic effect.

I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

Their testiminy, as seen in the suit against Wolfe did little to add any clarity to the events of that that night.

Isn't that the truth!

as they really were, well .... they could be seen as having the airs of indignancy. PR is the wild card in that twosome.

Kane would have annihilated her. They were scared to death of him. You can tell that from the way they dealt with him afterwards.

Dave,

They gave the best they got. They brought in Henry Lee, Barry Scheck, now come on. They couldn't even get a dang GJ indictment. Please, realize that the case wasn't ready. A damn GJ indictment. I say all of this not to criticize the theory, but they forced him. And yeah, I know Hunter's track record but it is not even a small issue here. The best of the best TOLD HIM TO NOT DO IT. And this is GJ with people who were schooled what their jobs are. Have you ever been on one? It is not like Team Ramsey was there to put on their spin. Please dogonit please.

No, I haven't been on one.

As for Team Ramsey not being there, need I remind you that LS and John Douglas WERE called? After they practically had to blackmail their way in.

Now I kind of figure John Douglas wouldn't say hey they are guilty since his book Mindhunter was found in the R's home...But I wonder if it truly ever crossed his mind that his book could had helped design this crime....Just wondering...

At least JD has a more credible theory than LS.IMO And I don't mean the "they were nice parents,they couldn't have done this " part which is BS IMO.But he said it was someone known to the family,makes more sense than LS's sadistic stunny gunny.

The whole premise behind RDI, though, is that there was an ACCIDENT. Therefore, the cord would've been purchased for an innocent purpose. There is NO evidence of this cord being used for that innocent purpose. See what I mean?

Yeah, I see. But you don't. You automatically assume that it was purchased for a specific purpose. It may be simpler than that. I don't know if you were a Boy Scout, HOTYH (and I'm not asking), but I was. "Be prepared" isn't just their motto, it's my mantra. I've got all kinds of duct tape and clothesline cord and other such items laying around the house that I bought without a specific purpose at the time and have still never used. So why did I buy them? Same principle as a gun: better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back