Why did the jury reach this verdict?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HLN TH saying that the jury liked Baez and did not like the Prosecution.

They had many other choices to hold Casey accountable for Caylee's death, disposal, abuse, neglect, etc. They held her accountable for nothing other than what she admitted to in court and on video. Has to be monetary motivated. What about her not rendering assistance if there was an accident? No COD has nada to do with it as many, many other cases prove.

I think the main problem was that the jury was made up of people who DID NOT READ THE PAPERS OR WATCH THE NEWS. Right away you are dealing with people who have no interest in what goes on in the community at large. So I guess I should not be surprised.

I don't know why or how they could reach this verdict -- the comment by the alternate that she was apparently a good mother is hogwash. Susan Smith was a good mother until she drove her sons into a lake and drowned them.

But I think THIS jury bought into that -- the thinking world no, but this jury yes.

I think they wanted to get out of town and didn't want to be sequestered any longer. This verdict facilitated this.

The didn't speak to the press because they were not being paid to speak. That will come very shortly.

Personally I feel an enormous sense of animosity to this group and hold them complicit in allowing a baby killer to walk - through their own ignorance and laziness.

I think they reached this verdict because there really wasn't enough evidence to convict. It really is like the OJ trial, and even Scott Peterson, however he was convicted. I'm so at a loss to all this and I feel very sad. I know in my heart Casey is guilty beyond guilty of killing her daughter. I also wonder if the jurors were getting tried of it all. As I listened to the trial, I found it boring for the most part. However, I do feel the State did a great job. There just wasn't enough evidence to prove she did it :banghead: I still can't get over the fact she NEVER REPORTED (BIG EVIDENCE,IMO) her daugther missing :banghead::loser:

They had many other choices to hold Casey accountable for Caylee's death, disposal, abuse, neglect, etc. They held her accountable for nothing other than what she admitted to in court and on video. Has to be monetary motivated. What about her not rendering assistance if there was an accident? No COD has nada to do with it as many, many other cases prove.

They jury did not have charges to decide upon improper disposal, failure to report an accidental death, etc...the State was going for all or nothing...and that is what they got.

I personally have wondered if HHJP is not partially to blame for their decision. I know alot of you love JP, but hear me out. The jury loved him, he treated them well, there is no doubt about that. HHJP bent over backwards for the defense, IMO opinion to prevent a verdict overturned on appeal. He schooled JB daily on the law, often let them question witnesses outside of scope, he sometimes ruled in their favor as a precaution, when IMO he should not have, he allowed things said in JB's closing that were clearly breaking the rules, and he did not come down on JB hard enough for his behaviour. Many times the jury saw this judge treat JB with kid gloves. Now ALL OF US know it was to prevent a mistrial and prevent a verdict that would be easily overturned, however I dont think the jury understood that. Looking back I now think that the jury probably thought that the judge was being so nice to the DT because he thought their client was not guilty! I know if someone I like and respect treats someone nicely I usually also assume that I can trust that person too. In addition HHJP seemed harder on the prosecution, he held them to higher standards, I get that, but did the jury get that?? What do you all think?

I agree with a lot of this and will add that I have always hated how he did the jury selection and was afraid just for this reason. I do feel the state had a lot more they could have and should have presented that showed a clearer picture of motive and other evidence. I know there were multiple reasons for not piling it on also but obviously since they don't get a re-do they should have.

I'd be banned if I expressed myself honestly so I won't.

apparently this was the smartest two year old ever , to cleverly commit suicide by duct taping herself and tossing herself in the swamp , she must have believed there was nothing left to live for... kind of how I feel....

good thing we didnt find her mom guilty ... hate for a murderer to realize you can kill anyone in this country and get away with it as long as it isnt on video tape

what a crock

and frankly I dont care if I get banned or not....

I can't do this anymore... I've lost faith in it all....

I think Jeff Ashton's antics hurt the prosecution. He was always shaking his head yes or no, rolling his eyes, smirking and laughing while the defense was presenting their case. He acted like a ten year old. Very disrepectful of him.

I also think the prosecution took too long to present their case droning on and on and on over scientific issues some of the jurors probably didn't even understand. I believe they also made a mistake by choosing to let witnesses reappear over and over and over.

I wound have been a horrible juror, guilty of AT LEAST aggravated child abuse. NO wavering me... Maybe some of them don't have children.

I think the lies worked on this jury. IMO It wasn't just reasonable doubt, they bought the *advertiser censored* and bull story that JB laid out for them.

This is my opinion. Had it not been for Cheney Mason, I believe the verdicts may have been different today. I think he was the mastermind. JB was just the presenter.

Jury tampering??

Jury misconduct??

At least thats what I'm telling myself right now to stop from crying.

I don't know why or how they could reach this verdict -- the comment by the alternate that she was apparently a good mother is hogwash. Susan Smith was a good mother until she drove her sons into a lake and drowned them.

But I think THIS jury bought into that -- the thinking world no, but this jury yes.

I think they wanted to get out of town and didn't want to be sequestered any longer. This verdict facilitated this.

The didn't speak to the press because they were not being paid to speak. That will come very shortly.

Personally I feel an enormous sense of animosity to this group and hold them complicit in allowing a baby killer to walk - through their own ignorance and laziness.

You have said it much more eloquently than my own feeble attempts. Agree 100%

Just like all of you, I am sick and incredibly sad today.
I'm trying to understand this absolute disgrace.

So it sounds like because they couldn't see motive or cause, that was it for them, not guilty... BUT don't they also need to take in to account that the defendant ADMITTED to being present when the child died, which in turn also logically means that she was responsible for the duct tape, triple bagging and dumping in the swamp. How in the world do you go from harmless accident to partying your *advertiser censored* off for a month, and your child rotting in the woods??? Just like the prosecution so eloquently said... you don't take an accident and make it look like murder nor do you behave and lie in the manner she did. Have I completely lost my mind or is this how logical people would think????

The only other thing that this tells me is that they don't believe George. In order for them to not hold her accountable when she ADMITTED that she was present at the time of the death is that George dumped the body.

They didn't even give themselves enough time to go over the evidence, and they must not have paid much attention to it in the first place. They just wanted out of there, IMO.

I don't thank them for their service. They should have tried harder to understand what was going on and spent some time looking seriously at the information that so many people worked so hard to present to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank
Back