Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she called but Caylee wasnt mentioned immediately . The priority
was a stolen car ( they had already recovered) theft of money which
was causing problems in Cindys birth family and oh yeah by the way
the car smells like death and my granddaughter is missing .
To this day Caylee is the last priority - other people - things are
more urgent - KC and her defense - the banned from the funeral list
other people profiting from Caylee - grave robbers - T-shirt sales
immunity deals.

As has been suggested on many occasions, I also think Cindy was choosing her battles with Casey as carefully as possible, doing what it took to get LE involved without making her so mad that she wouldn't divulge Caylee's whereabouts. Finally, when it became apparent that she wasn't budging, Cindy felt she had no choice but to go straight to the point. I will never believe that she was more interested in a car or money than her precious granddaughter. That is ludicrous. Her pain is so apparent in her comment to whoever had entered the room, "Caylee's missing!"
She knows Casey and she knew what would set her off so she avoided it at all costs in the beginning.

actually, it happens quite often in parental abduction cases for example, if a residential parent just suddenly up and leaves with the child and cannot be located, the non-residential parent can request custody of the missing child...then if the child is found, in another state for example, the other state will have to enforce the custody ruling of the home state...

thats different then a stranger abduction. In nj they would tell you go home find the child then come back.

I thank God every single day of my life that my husband and I have my wonderful 8 year old "son" grandson. I can understand the torment a daughter can put grandparents through because of a child. Luckily, we have a very happy ending to adopting our grandson 5 years ago but who knows what could have happened if we had hoped for the best and done nothing?

I just wish that Cindy and George had not waited on Casey to become a good mother, or waited on her to take responsibility for being a mother. Sometimes it's not what we do that matters...it's what we don't do.

The first two calls to 911, Cindy did not know that Caylee was actually missing. She assumed she was with the nanny. And I think in the first two calls, she was actually in her own car with Casey driving around. It was between the 2nd and last calls, when she got home and Lee was talking to Casey, that Cindy got the whiff of the car and realized something was horribly wrong, and that Caylee had been missing a month.
I disagree that she knew from the first day that Caylee was dead. She might have dreaded it, feared it, worried about it.... but could not accept it until they came to her with the results from the autopsy. Something this horrific and terrible, people don't take in, or just accept right away, without positive proof.

Totally agree with this post.

Huh? Are you serious?

Cindy phoned 911 (three times) and spilled the beans.

It was Cindy who set of the alert that Caylee was missing. The media has simply followed the story from there on.

Exactly! I think people forget it was Cindy who reported Caylee missing!
Also, I can't believe some of the responses to this thread....do people really believe that Cindy had the time or appropriate mental state to start the process of custody....all the while her granddaughter is missing, the world presuming her grandbaby is dead, and her own daughter in jail. I would imagine that finding Caylee was all she cared about at that point in time. I sometimes think people just hate Cindy so much that they are finding anything and everything to blame this women for! Good grief!

thats different then a stranger abduction. In nj they would tell you go home find the child then come back.

Yep, that was my first thought also.....how hard would it be to get custody of a child that can't be found/no one has seen neglected. ???

True KC had been charged, but had not been found guilty.

Sadly many child protective services move very S-L-O-W with their investigations. :mad:

The first two calls to 911, Cindy did not know that Caylee was actually missing. She assumed she was with the nanny. And I think in the first two calls, she was actually in her own car with Casey driving around. It was between the 2nd and last calls, when she got home and Lee was talking to Casey, that Cindy got the whiff of the car and realized something was horribly wrong, and that Caylee had been missing a month.
I disagree that she knew from the first day that Caylee was dead. She might have dreaded it, feared it, worried about it.... but could not accept it until they came to her with the results from the autopsy. Something this horrific and terrible, people don't take in, or just accept right away, without positive proof.

She had picked up the car with George, but I agree with you entirely. I hadn't seen your post when I posted above. You said it so well! :)

On and after July 15th Cindy was more concerned with finding Caylee than with custody. I believe that had Caylee been found alive, Cindy would have gone after and would have been granted custody. MOO

I just had a thought on this...would this counselor be able to give LE information concerning WHY CA felt that KC was an unfit mother? I don't know about privacy laws concerning this.

You know, I wondered about that, too. I heard/read somewhere that, due to doctor/patient confidentiality, a doctor cannot turn over information about a patient unless he feels the patient is a danger to himself or others. I don't know how that would work if the patient was giving information about a third party, especially if a child's well-being was at stake, or in this case, if that child had been murdered. Anyone?

Exactly! I think people forget it was Cindy who reported Caylee missing!
Also, I can't believe some of the responses to this thread....do people really believe that Cindy had the time or appropriate mental state to start the process of custody....all the while her granddaughter is missing, the world presuming her grandbaby is dead, and her own daughter in jail. I would imagine that finding Caylee was all she cared about at that point in time. I sometimes think people just hate Cindy so much that they are finding anything and everything to blame this women for! Good grief!

ITA! Nice post.

Oh. Can I say it? BAh hum bug...CA didn't know that Caylee was missing? Really? Then how does one explain her first foray onto myspace entitled no less "MY CAYLEE IS MISSING"? And how does one explain her telling AH that she and GA were afraid to open the trunk because they thought that Caylee or KC could be in there when she had sent and received text messages from KC that very day? Lying bullchit. They knew. I've been reading here since July and gave them every benefit of every doubt. No more.

This family is CHOCK FULL of lies and dysfunction. It no longer surprises me that an innocent child lost her life as a result...

MOO

I thank God every single day of my life that my husband and I have my wonderful 8 year old "son" grandson. I can understand the torment a daughter can put grandparents through because of a child. Luckily, we have a very happy ending to adopting our grandson 5 years ago but who knows what could have happened if we had hoped for the best and done nothing?

I just wish that Cindy and George had not waited on Casey to become a good mother, or waited on her to take responsibility for being a mother. Sometimes it's not what we do that matters...it's what we don't do.

Great post !! & good for you....

Many people don't seem to 'understand the torment' GP's are under when they are forced to choose between a child & grandchild.........never-mind all the extra torment that was added to CA's life the night of July 15th....

Breaking Heart - Sorry but the 911's that I have listened to repeatedly don't convince me. A normal Grandmother who hasn't seen her Grand-daughter in over a month doesn't FIRST mention a stolen car (that hasn't really been stolen)...Or, er...She may well...But if she does, there is something definitely wrong with her!

MOO

Breaking Heart - Sorry but the 911's that I have listened to repeatedly don't convince me. A normal Grandmother who hasn't seen her Grand-daughter in over a month doesn't FIRST mention a stolen car (that hasn't really been stolen)...Or, er...She may well...But if she does, there is something definitely wrong with her!

MOO

She made the call with Casey in the car. She was choosing her battles but wanted LE involved.

Oh. Can I say it? BAh hum bug...CA didn't know that Caylee was missing? Really? Then how does one explain her first foray onto myspace entitled no less "MY CAYLEE IS MISSING"? And how does one explain her telling AH that she and GA were afraid to open the trunk because they thought that Caylee or KC could be in there when she had sent and received text messages from KC that very day? Lying bullchit. They knew. I've been reading here since July and gave them every benefit of every doubt. No more.

This family is CHOCK FULL of lies and dysfunction. It no longer surprises me that an innocent child lost her life as a result...

MOO

IF everyone 'was in on it', why report it at all ???

MOO

I hear a VERY frustrated Mom getting to the "end of her ropes" with her daughter. Never imagining that her own daughter could hurt Caylee. She was upset with Casey and trying to teach her a lesson- maybe. But I don't believe Cindy at the time even thought for a minute Caylee was murdered or kidnapped. IMO

I hear a VERY frustrated Mom getting to the "end of her ropes" with her daughter. Never imagining that her own daughter could hurt Caylee. She was upset with Casey and trying to teach her a lesson- maybe. But I don't believe Cindy at the time even thought for a minute Caylee was murdered or kidnapped. IMO

Then why do you think she told AH that they were scared to open the trunk for fear that either KC or Caylee could be inside? Why on earth would she have said this if she had NO IDEA that something was/could have been horribly wrong?

Curious. I've asked this question many times and no one ever answers.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member