Why dismember?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing that baffles me is that they don't seem like motivated, industrious, clean up your mess kind of people based on their appearance, attention to detail, etc....

They seem like the dump and run kind of people.

Scratching my head.

Please excuse my stereotypical assumptions. It's all I've got right now.

If the head is removed, that's decapitation. Dismembering is removing the arms/hands, and legs/feet. That leaves the torso.

If her torso is still intact, it is possible they could still find evidence of the rape/abuse. Forensic pathologists can do wonders these days.

I'm speculating that dismemberment was done solely for the purpose of convenience. If the body was in rigor it would have been difficult (especially for one person) to move or to conceal.

Except Rigor Mortis dissapates after about 3 days so, the body would have been manageable.

I sense they dismembered her for other reasons and mainly for the concealment of a history of visible abuse.

The only answer I can give at this point is "Fear of secrets being exposed" as the only motive to dismember.

I'm also shocked and dumbfounded as to why Zahra was dismembered. IMO it was done in a fit of rage, a continuation of her actual murder. Jealousy reared it's ugly head and rage took over. Maybe EB was enraged that AB intended to leave her. So how could she get back at him, what would hurt him the most? Taking Zahra away from him. In EB's mind Zahra being an amputee was what fueled her jealousy and rage. How could she compete with that? She beat Zahra to death, which IMO would have been relatively quick and then dismembered her.

Possible scenario: MOO.

EB: "So if you want an amputee, I'll give you a ****** amputee!"

I do feel that EB was quite capable of doing this all on her own. I don't believe that AB had anything to do with it. I do feel that there was another person involved in the clean-up and cover-up. That person may have also assisted with the dismemberment if they were with EB when this happened. MOO.

From what I've read the bone found near Christie Road was an arm bone. I'm sorry but I don't have any links to back this up so it should probably be treated as rumour.

I found the following on line when searching for a catalyst for dismemberment. I've bolded the words that stood out for me.

"To dismember someone is really awful … It's quite evil," said Dr. Joshua Perper, Broward's chief medical examiner.

The killer dismembers the body in a frantic, and often failed, attempt to hide it, detectives say.

"These are usually isolated acts," said Fort Lauderdale police Sgt. Frank Sousa. "It's usually indicative of a crime of passion."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/fl-unidentified-body-parts-20101203,0,1156625.story

I saw this message on the realitychatter site and thought I'd share it here.

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/zahra-baker-found-deceased-11-10-10-t2818-180.htm

by sitemama on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:09 pm

The lady who works at Smoker Friendly is on the Sawmills Rescue Squad, and she searched beside of Elisa's daughter during the early days of this case. They became friends and the daughter told her yesterday that part of the info Elisa gave to LE was that Zahra died in her sleep, but because of the bruises, Adam was afraid to report it so he used a chain saw and cut her up. She said parts were buried all over the yard and in the mulch piles, inside the walls and above the ceiling, and some parts were put through the chipper.

The girl at the store said, 'you know Elisa lied a lot, so her daughter doesn't know whether to believe her or not, but LE must, as they have dugged up the entire yard, removed whole sections of walls and sections of the ceiling.

I hope the bone they found is part of Zahra and then they can be charged with her murder. I don't believe she died in her sleep, unless she died from injuries she had received from these two monsters.
BBM: UBM:

I don't believe a word that comes out of EB's mouth or even what she is quoted as saying. She has probably told LE this BS but IMO it is a lie. I don't for one minute believe that Zahra died in her sleep. What bruises is she referring to? IMO they are the bruises EB inflicted on Zahra when she beat her to death! I've always thought that a chainsaw may have been used but if we are to believe that dismemberment took place in the bathtub wouldn't the chainsaw blade have left marks on the tub? Wouldn't there be blood splatter on the ceiling? It's all too gory to comprehend! :furious:

My thoughts continue to revolve around the fact that they NEVER imagined anyone would miss Zahra. She was taken out of the outside world for the most part in the last months based on the fact neighbors did not know she lived in the house and she was removed from public school and was "homeschooled." In their warped twisted minds, she would not be missed!! Why not dismember and scatter her remains? Why would they believe anyone would look in the bathtub or drains, or even mulch piles, if no one knew she was even missing? Fate had another plan and the whole world cared for Zahra. They never dreamed it would get this big.

MOO!!!

If the ransom note was legit, I'd say it was for concealment purposes. Hoping she would just be listed as kidnapped and stay that way when no one ever found her.

I think it may have been to also hide evidence of other crimes.

I saw this message on the realitychatter site and thought I'd share it here.

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/zahra-baker-found-deceased-11-10-10-t2818-180.htm

BBM: UBM:

I don't believe a word that comes out of EB's mouth or even what she is quoted as saying. She has probably told LE this BS but IMO it is a lie. I don't for one minute believe that Zahra died in her sleep. What bruises is she referring to? IMO they are the bruises EB inflicted on Zahra when she beat her to death! I've always thought that a chainsaw may have been used but if we are to believe that dismemberment took place in the bathtub wouldn't the chainsaw blade have left marks on the tub? Wouldn't there be blood splatter on the ceiling? It's all too gory to comprehend! :furious:

Thank you for sharing. The only problem with her rendition of that is if it was in the walls and ceiling there would be a putrid smell. It would get worse and worse. Not to mention maggots. LE would have been able to spot that kind of smell just walking in the door. Those men/women would have needed masks just to go in. Think of leaving a package of meat on the counter for a few days. The packaging alone would not hide the smell. Flies would attract heavily. Okay I can't continue to detail Oh poor Z. That poor child.

Something that I have been wondering is why do the dismembering at all. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. No matter how Zahra died or who killed her it seems to me that it would have been much easier and cleaner to dispose of the body whole. Dismembering her leaves a) a big mess, as evidenced by the search warrants and b) multiple dump sites for the body, increasing the likelihood that some of her will be found.

What could be the reasoning for this? Or am I foolishly looking for logic in the mind of the irrational?

No logic at all....depraved minds have no logic, IMO...

I believe EF is depraved, she's indifferent, she's evil, she's sadistic, she's all about her! She never attached herself to Zahra, she has no emotional connection like a mother would. Heck, she didn't treat her children well what would you expect with a stranger? Basically Zahra was a stranger to her, she disassociated long before these thoughts of dismembering Zahra...all I hope is if and when she is charged with Zahra's demise, if she takes a jury trial, those jurors will see her for what she is.

Justice for Zahra

If the ransom note was legit, I'd say it was for concealment purposes. Hoping she would just be listed as kidnapped and stay that way when no one ever found her.

I think it may have been to also hide evidence of other crimes.

"Follow the Money"...I bet Elisa was receiving a Disability check for Zahra & needed it to continue (drugs)...and yes, concealment of other injuries. I am going to assume the prosthetic leg was originally a weapon against Zahra...

"Follow the Money"...I bet Elisa was receiving a Disability check for Zahra & needed it to continue (drugs)...and yes, concealment of other injuries. I am going to assume the prosthetic leg was originally a weapon against Zahra...
I am on the opposite end of this theory...I think EB expected to get money for Zahra when they came from Australia and discovered that money for a non-citizen wasn't as easy to get as she thought it would be. I think that's why the disconnect from Zahra was so brutal. Zahra meant nothing to her...she couldn't even get a check for her. IMO
LiveLaughLuv: I believe EF is depraved, she's indifferent, she's evil, she's sadistic, she's all about her! She never attached herself to Zahra, she has no emotional connection like a mother would.
Exactly...She had to have tried at least a fake sentiment in Australia based on the wedding pictures because IMO Zahra looks really happy there. Once she got her to the states, she was more careless with her, expecially when they didn't get any money for her. And as EB got more into the drugs, Zahra just became expendable. Out of sight, out of mind so just cut and scatter her. Anyway, that's my theory.

This could have already been mentioned but I think they only dismembered her Amputated (upper thigh (leg). Maybe they thought people wouldn't be able to identify her so quickly? IMO. I only believe that is what they dismembered hence why they only found 1 bone by itself.

This could have already been mentioned but I think they only dismembered her Amputated (upper thigh (leg). Maybe they thought people wouldn't be able to identify her so quickly? IMO. I only believe that is what they dismembered hence why they only found 1 bone by itself.

That's a good point - perhaps they realized that an intact body with one missing leg would be too easily identified - though any ten year old found in an area with one missing ten year old would be fairly easy.

Perhaps they didn't realize it is extremely easy to tell the difference between a recent (postmortem) amputation and an old antemortem one.

Imo only dismembering the body would make it harder to find and or identify Zahra if only parts of her are found here and there. It is possible bones found and or seen here and there would just be walked over and not really looked at as human bones.

You would be trying to erase someone forever, in my mind, going to the lengths it takes to do such a horrible thing.............

Are we sure dismemberment took place after death? Could explain the Lidocain that was retrieved and EB's diabolical thinking.

I just assumed it was to help prevent identification should she ever be found. I would think there would be exceptionally few missing persons who are also amputees...

I don't think that's enough lidocaine to numb someone for dismemberment and if that much lidocaine was used, it may be lethal for someone her age and size.

Dismemberment for stealthy transportation of the body out of the house and to create difficulty in finding the remains and identifying them if found.

There's no way to use a local to mask the pain of amputation, (bone pain is horrific) let alone having a limb sawed off while you are awake; if they / she tried; the pain, blood loss, shock, infection would have killed her anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K
Back