Why do you think they can't find Maddie? (or any viable perps?)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly would rather know for certain that the McCanns didn't have anything to do with their daughter's disappearance.

But what I want and what I get are very often two different things.

How long after someone has died can a cadaver dog pick up a scent?
Is it weeks? Months? Because that may be the only way Maddie can be found if she is dead. Then that brings up the question, where should cadaver dogs be used? Around the apartment, the beaches, rental cars, etc.
I'm afraid finding Maddie is a no win situation....which is heartbreaking.

omgosh that is amazing. I certain was wrong, lol. I thought is was only a few months which is why I asked if anyone knew.
Sleuthmom,
thanks for the information.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly would rather know for certain that the McCanns didn't have anything to do with their daughter's disappearance. But what I want and what I get are very often two different things.

When early info came out that the McCanns were involved, I found it to be unbelieveable that such an upstanding couple could murder their own child. However, parents murdering a child wouldn't be the first. Consider the possibilities with JB Ramsey and, more recently, Baby Grace. It's hard to fanthom one parent covering for another, but that, too, happens. I don't know that there will be a resolution to Madeline's disappearance, but I do believe a ring of suspicion will forever shadow the McCann's.

Fluid holiday??? For who?? The nannys in the creche? Who had to be home to feed their own children???? Nope...not buying it. Tennis lesson?? Seems to me that this was only revealed in month 6!!! I can see the tennis lesson as being viewed by G as "look, I need to create an alibi, a normalcy, I will keep this appointment" (assuming there really was a lesson). K can "deal", she has shown she can "deal". David Payne? Another month 6 revelation....

Maybe he meant fluid as in they drank their Holiday away, and can't really remember...Ever have a fluid lunch in college? It's where you slam 3 or 4 beers instead of lunch...you had to take a recorder to tape the lecture, and take 3 or 4 restroom breaks...LOL (I only did that a few times:p )

AND FYI...that is InterestedWomans theory, not Pink's! Although Pink might change her mind at any time and tell us all about it it....you go grrrrl!

True, I cannot take credit for the Premeditated Murder Theory, though it is a very interesting one, and IW has laid it out quite convincingly.

It seems to me that parents who do not have the patience to deal with their own children for the length of a short vacation, may also be reluctant to deal with a special needs child. Of course, we have no proof that Maddie was a special needs child--just a rambunctious, noisy, typical 4-year-old.

However, if the parents thought the sweet child to be a burden, they could have premeditated her "disappearance"...just like the mother and stepfather of little Riley (also known as Baby Grace).

Who knows?

err I dont know what law you have read - you post that people are swingers , murderers and the rest - they might just decide to come after you - keep your head down - The internet is not immune to law I can assure you

Oh, yes, this really terrifies me, Clarence.

Colomon - all I was say is that there is a huge amount of what if's and maybes in your theory

I have never even heard the theory of the second car till now - where did that car go ? is it still in the area ? should the police maybe search for it - was it a rental - you know the police will know exactly who had rented cars that week - they will also know what cars they are .

Gerry has had a tennis lesson till 6.30 at least - it is not just the nanny that gives a time of when the kids and Kate left the creche two statements say it was after 6.00pm - it is other people there as well - I cant believe you are basing your theory on the Warner web site that states times - it was a fluid holiday .

any way these times will have now been know to the police - even they are not that dimm

so your are saying maddy killed / accident at 5.00pm or there abouts - two hours for cadaver till 7.00 ish - Gerry borrows a car and then they shoot off for an hour / to find a place to dispose of body - bearing in mind that they had no idea where was the best place - this was their daughter for goodness sake

come back - return car to owner - freshens up and then dash down to tapas and act as if nothing is normal - ? until it was time to put the " act into place "

You know Pinkhammer's theory that it was a premeditated murder has much more more sense - this just sounds like you cobbled it together 6 minutes ago !! sorry

As long as people are whining that their theories are ignored, I must pipe up and say that not one person has responded to my theory that Gerry could easily have done something without Kate's knowledge. He was the last person to see Madeleine alive. He had a window of opportunity when everyone else was at the dining table (9-9:30 pm). He is unnecessarily precise about timing (saying he left the table at "9:05"). He is an angry person (note the holiday video where someone has to tell him to cheer up). And a single person hiding it from those closest to him would be motivated to invoke a media circus, whereas multiple people would be more likely to pass it off with various excuses. Any accident known to both parents would be easily covered with the traveling group by a shared lie ("she hit her head", whatever) and even more easily passed off with local medical officials.

Everyone assumes -- without a single shred of evidence -- that they are "in it together". Yet real life tells us that husbands and wives are capable of keeping huge secrets from one another, fueled by powerful emotions like love, guilt, jealousy. My sense based on informal crime-watching is that while you see some husband-wife crime teams in the lower strata of society, crime in the upper strata tends to be an individual thing. Crime is not considered very cool among the upper crust and so individuals with criminal tendencies are more likely to keep it to themselves, hiding it from friends, colleagues, and spouses.

Just my thoughts. No need for replies, really.

Colomon - all I was say is that there is a huge amount of what if's and maybes in your theory

I have never even heard the theory of the second car till now - where did that car go ? is it still in the area ? should the police maybe search for it - was it a rental - you know the police will know exactly who had rented cars that week - they will also know what cars they are .

Gerry has had a tennis lesson till 6.30 at least - it is not just the nanny that gives a time of when the kids and Kate left the creche two statements say it was after 6.00pm - it is other people there as well - I cant believe you are basing your theory on the Warner web site that states times - it was a fluid holiday .

any way these times will have now been know to the police - even they are not that dimm

so your are saying maddy killed / accident at 5.00pm or there abouts - two hours for cadaver till 7.00 ish - Gerry borrows a car and then they shoot off for an hour / to find a place to dispose of body - bearing in mind that they had no idea where was the best place - this was their daughter for goodness sake

come back - return car to owner - freshens up and then dash down to tapas and act as if nothing is normal - ? until it was time to put the " act into place "

You know Pinkhammer's theory that it was a premeditated murder has much more more sense - this just sounds like you cobbled it together 6 minutes ago !! sorry

As long as people are whining that their theories are ignored, I must pipe up and say that not one person has responded to my theory that Gerry could easily have done something without Kate's knowledge. He was the last person to see Madeleine alive. He had a window of opportunity when everyone else was at the dining table (9-9:30 pm). He is unnecessarily precise about timing (saying he left the table at "9:05"). He is an angry person (note the holiday video where someone has to tell him to cheer up) who could: 1) lash out in anger and hurt a child; and 2) deflect the probing questions of a friend or wife with angry denial.

A single person hiding it from those closest to him would be motivated to invoke a media circus, whereas multiple people would be more likely to gang up and pass it off suspicious activity with an excuse. Any accident known to both parents would be easily covered with the traveling group by a shared lie ("she hit her head",) and even more easily passed off with local medical officials.

Everyone assumes -- without a single shred of evidence -- that they are "in it together". Yet real life tells us that husbands and wives are capable of keeping huge secrets from one another, fueled by powerful emotions like love, guilt, jealousy. My sense based on informal crime-watching is that while you see some husband-wife crime teams in the lower strata of society, crime in the upper strata tends to be an individual thing. Crime is not considered very cool among the upper crust and so individuals with criminal tendencies are more likely to keep it to themselves, hiding it from friends, colleagues, and spouses.

Your theory is very possible hcc.There are a couple of theories in the theory thread that I find possible.Just wish closeure and justice could come for Madeleine soon.

I find your theory quite plausible, hcc. Only thing I would add is that I could go either way on which parent could've done it. Mothers do sometimes snap and Kate certainly seemed a bit overwhelmed by her children. So, there could've been a time frame when she was alone with the kids and accidentally, in a rage, killed Madeline.

As has been pointed out, both are doctors and could allow themselves to turn on a dispassionate side to deal with the dead body.

I see points where it could go either way - Gerry by himself or Kate by herself. Gerry might be the more likely to quickly and quietly deal with it by himself and then, as you say, call out the media circus to deflect away from his guilt.

HCC--Your theory is quite plausible. Gerry seems to me to be a short-tempered individual. He could have hit Maddie with more force than he thought , if he found her awake an acting up at around 9 p.m. With the help of the guy who was "attending to a sick child", they could have removed the body quickly and been back at the table before sending Kate to check on the kids.

HCC, of course your theory is plausibe. My sticking points with it would be that Kate not aware of what happened 1- left the twins alone after the discovery and 2- Sounded the alarm "They've taken her...

I cannot convice myself these are the actions of a desperate mother at a loss of where her child is.

Kate and Gerry are not original upper crusts. Supposedly, they both come from working class backgrounds, if that might have anything to do with anything in how they still think or might act. Kate also seems to have all the excuses about the cadaver scents and dna found.

I think Maddie was spotted soon after arrival at the villa by a perp (most likely a pedophile) who wanted a child for sick, personal reasons. It only took a couple of days for the perp to realize that Maddie's parents left her and the twins alone nightly. IMO it was fairly easy for the perp to snatch Maddie from her bed and exit before it was discovered she was missing.

I think she was probably killed the night she was taken and I think her body was disposed of well before daylight the next day.

The crime scene was so botched by inept officers that solid evidence was destroyed.

Philamena,

Based on everything I have read (lots), this is what I think too. My continued prayers for Maddie and her family.

The Daily Star has now reported the police are now back to looking for a living child and believe Madeleine to be living with her abductors.The report said there was no eveidence of her death in the apartment or body in the car.

I think Maddie was spotted soon after arrival at the villa by a perp (most likely a pedophile) who wanted a child for sick, personal reasons. It only took a couple of days for the perp to realize that Maddie's parents left her and the twins alone nightly. IMO it was fairly easy for the perp to snatch Maddie from her bed and exit before it was discovered she was missing.

I think she was probably killed the night she was taken and I think her body was disposed of well before daylight the next day.

The crime scene was so botched by inept officers that solid evidence was destroyed.
I think either this happened or Madeleine was snatched to order.

As well as the crime scene being botched by the original detectives in charge of this case. They then managed to all but destroy the search for Madeleine by the leaking of a constant drip of malicious rumours.....All done to deflect critisism from themselves. IMO.

Hopefully the new man in charge is searching for Madeleine and the truth.

The Daily Star has now reported the police are now back to looking for a living child and believe Madeleine to be living with her abductors.The report said there was no eveidence of her death in the apartment or body in the car.

This case is all over the board as far as who done it or if Madeline is alive. The only thing that hasn't been suggested is that she was abducted by aliens.

This case is all over the board as far as who done it or if Madeline is alive. The only thing that hasn't been suggested is that she was abducted by aliens.

The British tabloids are running out of Maddie material. So they are rehashing, or just plain making things up.

Lucky for them, Canoe Man and his grifter wife have come along just in time to boost circulation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member