Why is Adam Baker not in jail?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to find ED's exact post on this subject, but finding a post over there is like wading through a quagmire! My eyes are killing me, and my scroll hand is tingling, so I need to take a break. I'll keep looking in a bit.

If anyone else has a link to that post, TIA , because slogging through all these comments on HM is driving me insane!

Here is what Emily wrote at HM site.

"My relationship with Adam with full of manipulation and mental & emotion abuse which left me an empty shell of who I was."

"As for Adam himself… I must admit that I have always been drawn to the “bad boy” facade, but note “facade”. I was 18 when I met him, and as far as I know he had no criminal record. I was fully aware of some “mischief” he had, and was, getting up to, but thats all it was, teenage trouble making."

I saved all the posts but not the exact link to link to the posts. It's too hard to find stuff at HM. :(

If a link shows up as ****** - that means it is a site that is not allowed here for one reason or another. Some are flagged as spammy, or abusive or habitually gossipy or untrustworthy. Some have asked their links not work here.

But whichever the reason, try not to post such links (you can use the "preview" option to check of they come up). If someone does post one, carrying on a discussion of what it might have contained, and instructing people on how to get around the disallowed link is not allowed - it is baiting and disrespectful of the TOS to do so.

PS: If you have a link that will not post and you want to know why or have the link reviewed, please contact a mod, and we'll have the admins consider it.

"My relationship with Adam with full of manipulation and mental & emotion abuse which left me an empty shell of who I was."

"As for Adam himself… I must admit that I have always been drawn to the “bad boy” facade, but note “facade”. I was 18 when I met him, and as far as I know he had no criminal record. I was fully aware of some “mischief” he had, and was, getting up to, but thats all it was, teenage trouble making."

I saved all the posts but not the exact link to link to the posts. It's too hard to find stuff at HM. :(

My eyes and scroll arm can't thank you enough for that, Patty! :)

bbm~

I know right? I love to read there, but sometimes feel I could scroll from now to the end of eternity and still miss what I'm looking for! Makes me cross eyed...:angel:..

Emily probably didn't have TV or maybe she was far enough away that it wasn't picked up on her local news station. Just like here in the USA, I don't get local news a state away! This is unfair to Emily for we do not know her situation at the time. We do know that she has two other kids, that she had PPD, and very poor. Maybe she wasn't a TV watcher too. There could be many reasons as to why she never saw the News in OZ about Zahra's cancer!

I believe Emily did everything she could with her limited resources. Adam is Zahras father. I work with many families where one parent or another becomes estranged from the other. There was no reason for her to suspect that Adam would not take care of their daughter. For many years Adam did.

Emily is blameless. IMO, we need to have alot of compassion for her.

I find ED's comments about AB putting on a "bad boy facade" very interesting. Note how she stresses the "facade" aspect. Both AB and EB seem to have the same need to adopt images of themselves that don't really match up with who they truly are. Insecure birds of a feather, imo. Makes you wonder how the marriage evolved (or devolved), once one got to see what the other really was, beyond the facade.

WOW, that is a powerful statement(s). Thank you for finding it Patty G! Ok, now I see Adam a bit differently now. I see it was a control and a 'punishment' issue that he would not let ED see her child --- which, to me, is ALSO an abuse to the child for punishing her for having a mother who didn't want to be with him.

I am pretty sure Emily had a TV :) but doubt if Zahra's story would have aired anywhere except for the local regional news. Emily could only try her best poor thing by going online etc, (((hugs))) to Emily.

Now on Adam Baker's past....not for want of trying let me tell you! There is very little info out there, I am not sure why. Even on the Facebook pages nobody comes forward as a friend or ex buddy of Adam, and no other girlfriends seem to have popped up either :waitasec:

His family seems an extremely one sided and therefore unreliable source so far, as expected I suppose...so here is a call-out...

If anyone here, or reading here knows what Adam Baker was like, or has had a connection with him please join up, get verified and start posting.

Websleuths needs you!

I believe Emily did everything she could with her limited resources. Adam is Zahras father. I work with many families where one parent or another becomes estranged from the other. There was no reason for her to suspect that Adam would not take care of their daughter. For many years Adam did.

Emily is blameless. IMO, we need to have alot of compassion for her.

I do, I was responding to someone else as to why perhaps Emily didn't have the resources to do a search as you or anyone else that has the means to. Emily is without a doubt a victim.

----not much, but this woman tells us he "was lonely."

"She was one of the bravest little girls you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting," Kim Wright, 44, a close friend of the family, told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Giru, Australia.

"Adam was on his own for eight years with Zahra before he met (her) and I think he was lonely and I think that was his biggest downfall, really," Wright said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Friends-Missing-girl-had-happy-life-in-Australia-105031914.html

Emily probably didn't have TV or maybe she was far enough away that it wasn't picked up on her local news station. Just like here in the USA, I don't get local news a state away! This is unfair to Emily for we do not know her situation at the time. We do know that she has two other kids, that she had PPD, and very poor. Maybe she wasn't a TV watcher too. There could be many reasons as to why she never saw the News in OZ about Zahra's cancer!

OT ~ Thank you and I appreciate and respect your post. Emily deserves every single bit of compassion, but I do not think it is unfair to question her statements. I think she is 100% a victim. I also think that maybe in her guilt ( I dont think she should feel guilty but I understand she might) there was a wee tiny bit of over exaggeration to make Adam look worse than he already does. I do not completely believe that she spent day and night and depleted every single resource available to her regardless of her income. I find it even harder to believe that none of her friends, family, or coworkers had any available local televisions stations or internet. None of them ever saw Zahra on tv or did a simple google search.
Her pain is gut wrenching and my prayers go out to her. None of the facts I mentioned can take the place of the fact that this woman gave birth to zahra and loved her very much. She lost her child and now has to deal with a nightmare no mother would ever dream of.
I just think that the tale of the mother looking and searching for her long lost child while being hidden by her father and grandmother is slightly bent. Thats all. If AB and KB were hiding her, why would they allow her to be on tv, in newspapers, etc. We don't know how many times they moved. For all we know they could have been in the same place for quite a while or they may have moved quite often

I have seen the other side of the spectrum as well where women say "I have looked everywhere for a job" I ask them, did you try job service? Their answer "No."
I've heard "I don't know where my baby daddy is and I need money" Did you try google? It's available at local libraries, friends, family members, etc "No"
Then I get home and search her name and find out she has a facebook. Then I google Dad's name and he lives in town. :banghead:

Sorry for the OT, just didnt want to come off heartless about Emily

I am not exactly sure why we are debating ED's status as a victim in this thread, but please get back to the topic of AB's life in Australia.

If the thread has outlasted its usefulness, let us know.

An early article about AB and ZB in Australia....

Zahra Baker was born in the small Australian town of Wagga Wagga, about 200 miles west of Sydney.

Her paternal grandparents, Karen and Tony Baker, lived a short distance north of Sydney, in the coastal town of Newcastle. But they moved in May 2004 to Giru, several hundred miles farther north, along the northeast coast of Australia.

Adam, one of their four sons, moved to Giru about the same time with Zahra. The girl's biological mother was not part of her upbringing, family members have said.

Karen Baker told the Bulletin, a newspaper based in Townsville, a large city near Giru, that she was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing, caring for the child while her father worked in a nearby sugar mill.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/14/1761256/zahras-grandmother-we-want-our.html

Thank you, So the time line of moves seems to resemble this...

Zahra was born on 11/16/99 in Wagga Wagga

Grandparents KB and TB lived slightly north of Sidney. Sidney is about 200 miles West of Wagga Wagga so I assume that means KB and TB live several hundred miles away from Adam and Zahra. (??) That sentence was worded funny to me in the article so Im confused if this is correct.

Grandparents KB and TB move to Giru and Adam as well in 2004. According to this article Adam and Zahra movied in with them and lived the next 4 years there
http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2...riends-australia-love-bubbly-zahra-ar-457207/

Moved to America (North Carolina) in 2008
~ followed by lots more moving :(

Zahra was essentially raised from toddlerhood in Giru by her grandmother Karen, who moved to the township in May 2004 from Newcastle with husband Tony.

Three of their four sons - including Adam - followed them north, and also settled in the town.

With her father and grandfather working shifts at the sugar mill, Zahra and her grandmother formed an extremely close bond.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/10/13/176611_news.html

^ Does this mean Zahra lived with Karen while Adam was still in Wagga Wagga? Or do they mean when they moved to Giru when Zahra was 4 and Adam began working in the sugar mill?

The wording threw me of because I dont think a 4 year old is a toddler.

Thanks! im trying to get this all straight in my mind

It makes sense if AB was a loner. Online romances, fantasy online roll playing, etc. Doesn't sound like something someone with a social life would really get into.

Thank you, So the time line of moves seems to resemble this...

Zahra was born on 11/16/99 in Wagga Wagga

Grandparents KB and TB lived slightly north of Sidney. Sidney is about 200 miles West of Wagga Wagga so I assume that means KB and TB live several hundred miles away from Adam and Zahra. (??) That sentence was worded funny to me in the article so Im confused if this is correct.
Grandparents KB and TB move to Giru and Adam as well in 2004. According to this article Adam and Zahra movied in with them and lived the next 4 years there
http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/news/2...riends-australia-love-bubbly-zahra-ar-457207/

Moved to America (North Carolina) in 2008
~ followed by lots more moving :(

BBM
They were living in Newcastle which is 157 kms (97 miles) north of Sydney.

Wagga Wagga to Newcastle is 605km.

605 km = 375.9 miles

HTH

It makes sense if AB was a loner. Online romances, fantasy online roll playing, etc. Doesn't sound like something someone with a social life would really get into.

ITA-I think no one really knew Adam, or how he felt/thought about his daughter. My opinion is he was hiding something.....just my opinion though:)

If ED had as much computer smarts as I do,I can see why she couldn't find them.
But,I'm sure as sure that AB had coworkers at the sugarmill.. Could they be afraid to talk? Know nothing because he didn't talk? Been told not to talk by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee