Why stick with the denial so long? Possible reasons for Cindy's status on this

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Number 4 - she (Cindy) has to.

Lee is the father of Caylee according to LP, 100%. If so, it explains all the behavior in the family and of Casey. No excuse, but explanation.

Lee abusing Casey in high school would explain her dropping out.

Casey becoming pregnant from the abuse would explain the denials into the 7th month and her abandoning her job.

It would explain a seemingly normal girl creating a fictional list of characters in her life, lying, stealing, and sleeping around during and after her pregnancy.

It would explain a murder for spite against her mother who named Cay-Lee.

It would explain Lee tried to stop Cindy from calling 911 the third time

It would explain George moving out and filing for divorce and Lee not coming around the house when George is there

It would explain the family circling the wagons around the abuse victim and protecting her, thus protecting Lee and the family as well

It would explain Lee refusing a DNA test and refusing a lie detector test and talking the parents into refusing a lie detector test. They took a DNA test, and Lee required a subpeona

It would explain the consistent behavior to obfuscate investigations

Etc

Etc.

Secrets so deep in shame could cause sociopathy.

Why is it that everyone assumes it's abuse. just because the two of them have intercourse over the age of 17 dose not mean it was not consenual. the kids these days are whacked in the head. If La is the father (which i have been leaning towards) I believe it was not abuse.

I know the idea seems utterly preposterous, but I deem this argument the most convincing thing I have read.

I do wonder, however, about how Caylee escaped any genetic defects from such a union. I know that sounds like urban myth, but I actually met someone who was the product of a brother/sister combo and she was Down's and not high functioning. I would think something would come up.

Anyway, Broderick, you have me thinking.

The chances are greater for abnormalities but biologically speaking the offspring can be perfectly normal as well.

LP alluded to a possible mingling between Lee and Casey about 3 weeks ago when initial DNA evidence came to the family. Subsequently he pulled up stake. Now he is 100% confident that Lee is the father. He may very well have more information from inside sources. LE could get to that several ways, as LP says LE knows who the father is. One, they got his DNA via ruse and now need it officially. Two, deductive DNA reasoning from the tests without Lee's DNA. I will say this, I have searched for any explanation or group of explanations that spelled things out. Lee being the father just about explains everything and anything involving this case. I think Casey would even garner a bit of sympathy, as that sympathy from her family probably enabled her path in sociopathic behavior if this is the case. If Cindy made her keep the baby, named the baby Cay-Lee and forced the responsibility onto Casey to keep the family intact, there would be an ingrained spite nobody could imagine. Like I said, it would explain EVERYTHING.

IMO I think we are looking for a reasonable (or understandable) explanation for pure evil. The shortest distance between 2 points is a line. I would love to think there was more too this than simple evil but I don't think there is... Sad. Scary.

I told a friend today that denial is a coping mechanism for some people. As long as they get stuck in denial they don't have to face the "grieving" part of the loss.
I truly believe that CA is surviving each day by living in denial. If she faced the truth she would fall apart and have to be hospitalized. IMOO

Exactly! It's an act, the grieving grandmother, how DARE you question my actions, my motives, my Daughter! How DARE you! That's what Cindy is projecting to me, loud and clear.

I think she forced Casey to keep Caylee to keep the secret in the family. Casey didn't want Caylee, and wanted to give her up for adoption. I believe Cindy is a very controlling, hateful (spiteful) Biotch herself. I can see her forcing Casey to keep Caylee to punish her for having sex with Lee, if this is all true. I think she would go so far as to name the baby Cay-lee as a constant reminder to them. I think that's why Casey talks the way she does to Cindy. That's why she stole money, and Cindy didn't do anything about it. She was always covering for her. She did it because Casey had a secret and Cindy is all about "appearances".

JMO

I get what you're saying, but nobody forces anyone to keep a child. Even the most psychologically manipulated daughter could put her baby up for adoption. KC wasn't 14, or 15 or 16 years old.

I don't buy that 100%.

Just another Jane, I can be certain he doesn't know because he doesn't understand the science which was obvious from the first time he spouted this theory. I'm not making an allegation about Padilla, I'm stating a fact - he doesn't know what he's talking about. OF COURSE the mitochondrial dna is alike in Caylee/Casey/Cindy - mtdna is passed on from mother to daughter. OF COURSE, Caylee is going to have alleles that match Lee Anthony, he is her uncle. HE TOO has the same mtdna as Casey/Caylee/Cindy.

You know, this isn't like accusing someone of jaywalking, this is one of the most horrible accusations you can make about someone. Lee Anthony hasn't done anything illegal, he hasn't been accused of any crime and Leonard Padilla should not make an allegation like this unless he has the DNA test to prove it. When this is over, Lee Anthony still has to make a living and go on with his life and putting something so awful about someone out in the ether to be discussed in a public venue is morally, ethically and civilly wrong.

Padilla has interjected and interfered with this case from the beginning and he doesn't know anymore than anyone else which he has so amply demonstrated night after night on tv. This isn't a game or a tv show, this is real life and it seems to me that the responsible don't want to see anymore people hurt in this than they already are. I also haven't seen anywhere that Lee Anthony made LE get a search warrant and I'll bet that LE would get a search warrant anyway for all the members of the family - even if people volunteer to allow LE access to info or searches they'll get a search warrant so that later no one can claim that the search was illegal. One reason why LE waited to seize the car was to obtain a search warrant. Even though the Anthonys offered to allow LE to search their property and their house, LE obtained a search warrant. That's what they do when they're trying to build a solid case.

One more thing... did I read here that KC was 19 when she dropped out of HS? I graduated HS when I was still 17 because of my b-day, but most graduated when they were 18. 19 years old? Why so late?

Just another Jane, I can be certain he doesn't know because he doesn't understand the science which was obvious from the first time he spouted this theory. I'm not making an allegation about Padilla, I'm stating a fact - he doesn't know what he's talking about. OF COURSE the mitochondrial dna is alike in Caylee/Casey/Cindy - mtdna is passed on from mother to daughter. OF COURSE, Caylee is going to have alleles that match Lee Anthony, he is her uncle. HE TOO has the same mtdna as Casey/Caylee/Cindy.

You know, this isn't like accusing someone of jaywalking, this is one of the most horrible accusations you can make about someone. Lee Anthony hasn't done anything illegal, he hasn't been accused of any crime and Leonard Padilla should not make an allegation like this unless he has the DNA test to prove it. When this is over, Lee Anthony still has to make a living and go on with his life and putting something so awful about someone out in the ether to be discussed in a public venue is morally, ethically and civilly wrong.

Padilla has interjected and interfered with this case from the beginning and he doesn't know anymore than anyone else which he has so amply demonstrated night after night on tv. This isn't a game or a tv show, this is real life and it seems to me that the responsible don't want to see anymore people hurt in this than they already are. I also haven't seen anywhere that Lee Anthony made LE get a search warrant and I'll bet that LE would get a search warrant anyway for all the members of the family - even if people volunteer to allow LE access to info or searches they'll get a search warrant so that later no one can claim that the search was illegal. One reason why LE waited to seize the car was to obtain a search warrant. Even though the Anthonys offered to allow LE to search their property and their house, LE obtained a search warrant. That's what they do when they're trying to build a solid case.

Great post, however I have to say this: what if no other alleles exist in the DNA evidence outside those for the Anthony genes? Unless this is an immaculate conception, that would be rather difficult to explain, wouldn't it? Something like that would be the kind of thing Padilla would hear and he has enough smart people around him, knows enough of them, I'd imagine he's gotten pretty good advice and education about it. He may not, as you state, know what he's talking about, but I bet my bottom dollar the people around him do. They didn't just get DNA from the car, LE also, via search warrant, got samples for DNA processing of Caylee's hairbrush or toothbrush (I forget which) from the Anthony home.

You're right about the search warrant - however, the Anthony grandparents already had one served on them early (the same one mentioned above) which I think also included DNA for those in the home. LE just never asked for it, and probably timed it so they could get Lee's too. The thing is, Lee didn't live in the home. Separate search warrant would have to be done for him.

For all of those that suspect George, remember he voluntarily gave his DNA. Lee did not. To get Lee's DNA LE had to get a subpoena.

Hmmm lee the father? Casey NOT working the past year and half, how does get money for her everyday living expenses? If lee is the father maybe he has been giving casey several hundred dollars every month as child support.

#1 Is easy - It is hard to accept the loss of a grandchild like this.
#2 Bamboozled by Casey.

I feel number 2 is the largest factor here. We have evidence in the documents that Cindy hates people of hispanic descent. Casey's best friend from high school has even stated this, mentioned that she herself was never allowed in the A's residence when Cindy was home for this very reason. George was ok with it but not Cindy. Casey dated many spanish men to spite her mother according to this same friend and I believe others have mentioned this as well. I think Casey selected a person of hispanic decent in her story of the Nanny specifically to gain Cindy as an adversary to anyone opposing her story. She even used the trip to Puerto Rico as a possible location for her "kidnapped daughter" Someone who holds a hatred for another race would stand fast behind their daughter in such a situation and would easily be blinded to their own daughters actions/deceit/lies and buy off on everything she said.

I know people just like this in life and I can see this exact thing happening with some of them, I believe this may be the problem with Cindy and why she refuses to see the evidence placed in front of her own eyes. I feel Casey is using Cindy's hatred against her to keep her blinded.

i don't think it's a conscious choice. it's a survival mechanism. she simply can't handle the truth psychologically and her mind won't even let her consider it.

very sad really

For all of those that suspect George, remember he voluntarily gave his DNA. Lee did not. To get Lee's DNA LE had to get a subpoena.

As gross as it is, LA being the father explains why there was no child support checks. KC should have been receiving checks from whomever the father was - but I don't think she was.

I do not think Cindy is acting.
Poor Cindy believes what she is spewing.
She has gone way over the edge.

As gross as it is, LA being the father explains why there was no child support checks. KC should have been receiving checks from whomever the father was - but I don't think she was.

would also explain CA letting her get away with spending her money

I told a friend today that denial is a coping mechanism for some people. As long as they get stuck in denial they don't have to face the "grieving" part of the loss.
I truly believe that CA is surviving each day by living in denial. If she faced the truth she would fall apart and have to be hospitalized. IMOO

Yes, she has become very ill emotionally.
I have disliked her from the beginning.....but she is very sick now.

Because it is impossible to unring the bell. After the 911 calls it hit her, she knew what happened. We have statements she suspected it. Cindy has worked very very hard at rolling the doo doo uphill, problem is, the shi! is going to roll her over as it goes down hill.

Number 4 - she (Cindy) has to.

Lee is the father of Caylee according to LP, 100%. If so, it explains all the behavior in the family and of Casey. No excuse, but explanation.

Lee abusing Casey in high school would explain her dropping out.

Casey becoming pregnant from the abuse would explain the denials into the 7th month and her abandoning her job.

It would explain a seemingly normal girl creating a fictional list of characters in her life, lying, stealing, and sleeping around during and after her pregnancy.

It would explain a murder for spite against her mother who named Cay-Lee.

It would explain Lee tried to stop Cindy from calling 911 the third time

It would explain George moving out and filing for divorce and Lee not coming around the house when George is there

It would explain the family circling the wagons around the abuse victim and protecting her, thus protecting Lee and the family as well

It would explain Lee refusing a DNA test and refusing a lie detector test and talking the parents into refusing a lie detector test. They took a DNA test, and Lee required a subpeona

It would explain the consistent behavior to obfuscate investigations

Etc

Etc.

Secrets so deep in shame could cause sociopathy.

Sociopathy likely starts earlier than that. That kind of abuse usually causes post-traumatic stress disorder.. not sociopathy.

I'm not saying that any of these "bad" reasons do not exist, but denial can be very bad when someone you love dies. At the strange circumstances and that is recipe for EXTREME denial.

My mom died in an accident and I had proof it was her, but I was in denial for a VERY long time. I hope there is nothing sinister there and she is really grieving.

Great post, however I have to say this: what if no other alleles exist in the DNA evidence outside those for the Anthony genes? Unless this is an immaculate conception, that would be rather difficult to explain, wouldn't it? Something like that would be the kind of thing Padilla would hear and he has enough smart people around him, knows enough of them, I'd imagine he's gotten pretty good advice and education about it. He may not, as you state, know what he's talking about, but I bet my bottom dollar the people around him do. They didn't just get DNA from the car, LE also, via search warrant, got samples for DNA processing of Caylee's hairbrush or toothbrush (I forget which) from the Anthony home.

You're right about the search warrant - however, the Anthony grandparents already had one served on them early (the same one mentioned above) which I think also included DNA for those in the home. LE just never asked for it, and probably timed it so they could get Lee's too. The thing is, Lee didn't live in the home. Separate search warrant would have to be done for him.

If it was true that LP had access to the nucleic DNA results and knew for sure that Lee was Caylee's father, he would be very free with the fact that the DNA was nucleic and not mitochondrial. Instead he asked some ignorant questions about the mitochondrial DNA, developed his theory and ran with it. If he had conclusive evidence he would come out and say what it was.

Do you really think LP would pass up the chance to be right in this case? This is a media windfall for him. If he really had conclusive unquestionable evidence, he would say "This is what I have based on nucleic DNA, here is a genetics expert to explain, I knew if first, I'm right, hahaha."

LP would never pass up that chance.

Regarding the Anthony's, I think they know that Caylee is dead. That is the reason for their recent silence.

Speaking of silence, how many members here were praying for them to shut their traps weeks ago? Now that they have, many of those same members are questioning that silence and interpreting it as guilt. I think they are ignoring the whole incest thing for now because to answer those accusations at this point would only draw more attention to it. It isn't true that this story is "all over the media" as someone stated. I have only seen the incest thing on here. I don't watch NG (can't stand her), I don't listen to Scared Monkey Radio. I do however watch the mainstream news, read the paper, and read Orlando newspaper updates online. I haven't seen this story anywhere else.

The A's answering this story with filing of a lawsuit would make it mainstream news. I think however that there will be a lawsuit regarding this down the road, assuming the allegation is false.

Anybody else here think that the A's just can't win? Yes, their daughter is a horrible person and should be labeled as such. The rest of the family is obnoxious and weird IMO. However, they should not be on trial here. We don't have any evidence that any of them were involved, and it is beginning to seem like a witch hunt for dirt on them that may or may not exist. I think we need more info before we jump to these conclusions and all start drinking the Kool Aid just because some dude on TV says something and really hasn't backed it up with the least bit of evidence.

I'm a born again skeptic though.

lee is not the father, c'mon. i know it makes the case even more juicy but that's a bit nuts (like the rest of the case isn't, right?).

it's not strange at all that ca is protecting kc. she, unlike kc, has very strong maternal instincts. she will protect her family no matter what. it's not that weird. many mothers around the world will defend their children's innocence in the face of undeniable evidence until the day they die.

my mom would. it's called denial.

Well, McSev, I don't think that Padilla has any "smart people around him" to explain this science to him If he did and he actually understood it, he wouldn't have popped off about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back