Why Would Terri Implore DeDe To Help Her?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no proof that those people posting are Dede or Terri..... We can't bring rumor here. Thanks.

Also the blog is gone. Most of us read it. But we can only discuss what is posted in the old thread about it. We can't discuss what we can't link to. Thanks.

Right, absolutely no proof of who that/those posters are. Thats the reason I was trying to clarify where people may have heard it or read it. The clarification was so that people wouldn't continue to post random rumor-like stuff as fact. As we all know..sometimes these rumors snowball and later are referenced as factual. I will be cautious going forward in how I make reference to where people may have heard or read a rumor. I don't know how to delete a post yet..but I'll go back to the FAQ and see if I can find out how. :)

I am new here thus this is my first post. I hope I did it correctly. I apologize in advance if I did not!

From what I understand, TH and DS were friends since highschool. IMO, DS went through all of TH's trials and tribulations in her life, 3 marriages, two kids. I believe there was more like a "sisterly" relationship between the two, with DS possibly coming to TH's "aid" each time she had some "drama" in her life, which she seemed to have a lot of. I can completely see a scenario where DS helped TH "out of her dilema" (Kyron). The fact that it took being called before the GJ for DS to divulge a portion of what she knows about TH's whereabouts the day Kyron went missing and that she didn't come forward on her own from day one, speaks volumes to me. Also, the fact that LE feels she's NOT telling all she knows is a red flag. I do believe DS would do anything for TH in the name of "friendship"... her smirk while walking out of the GJ hearing was so inappropriate, like a cat who swallowed the mouse!

I live 15 minutes away from Portland and Sauvie's Island....I have jet-skied and "camped out" for the day many a time on the small beach-like areas on Sauvie's Island. Lots of driftwood, trees and not a soul around, even during the summer months....I can only imagine just how desolate this portion of the island is during the month of March!

Thank you for letting me post and please, if I have done it incorrectly, I apologize in advance and welcome any advice on how to post correctly!

I pray for Kyron!

Welcomerainbow.gif
to Websleuths, Harlequin!

I agree............DD may have been the friend who was always there for TH to help her out of a jam. She may have been involved in listening to TH and offered advice. What boggles my mind is willingly getting involved in a crime for her friend.

At this point, we have to conclude that there is some involvement, otherwise DD would be more forthcoming. I don't think it's loyalty that's keeping DD from explaining all she knows. She retained an attorney and that tells me that she's concerned about her own culpability.

Welcomerainbow.gif
to Websleuths, Harlequin!

I agree............DD may have been the friend who was always there for TH to help her out of a jam. She may have been involved in listening to TH and offered advice. What boggles my mind is willingly getting involved in a crime for her friend.

At this point, we have to conclude that there is some involvement, otherwise DD would be more forthcoming. I don't think it's loyalty that's keeping DD from explaining all she knows. She retained an attorney and that tells me that she's concerned about her own culpability.

I would retain an attorney if my name became mixed up with something like this and I am positive the first advice the Atty would give is, "say Nothing!"

I am wondering if TH doesn't have somthing to hold over DDS (ie: blackmail) or TH has convinced DDS her actions were for a "greater good" (ie: escaping "alleged" abuse or neglect) or a third option might be financial and I only am wondering this because of the enormous amount of $ TH paid on a retainer, that she was able to prove she could get her hands on. DDS, if she did help TH, would have to "buy into" whatever story she was told and believe in it enough to follow through. The above is my speculation only and not an accusation - just responding to the thread.

I am new here thus this is my first post. I hope I did it correctly. I apologize in advance if I did not!

From what I understand, TH and DS were friends since highschool. IMO, DS went through all of TH's trials and tribulations in her life, 3 marriages, two kids. I believe there was more like a "sisterly" relationship between the two, with DS possibly coming to TH's "aid" each time she had some "drama" in her life, which she seemed to have a lot of. I can completely see a scenario where DS helped TH "out of her dilema" (Kyron). The fact that it took being called before the GJ for DS to divulge a portion of what she knows about TH's whereabouts the day Kyron went missing and that she didn't come forward on her own from day one, speaks volumes to me. Also, the fact that LE feels she's NOT telling all she knows is a red flag. I do believe DS would do anything for TH in the name of "friendship"... her smirk while walking out of the GJ hearing was so inappropriate, like a cat who swallowed the mouse!

I live 15 minutes away from Portland and Sauvie's Island....I have jet-skied and "camped out" for the day many a time on the small beach-like areas on Sauvie's Island. Lots of driftwood, trees and not a soul around, even during the summer months....I can only imagine just how desolate this portion of the island is during the month of March!

Thank you for letting me post and please, if I have done it incorrectly, I apologize in advance and welcome any advice on how to post correctly!

I pray for Kyron!

Welcome Harlequin. From what I've gathered TH and DS became friends in their body building days about seven years ago. I'm wondering if I got that right.

Welcome Harlequin. From what I've gathered TH and DS became friends in their body building days about seven years ago. I'm wondering if I got that right.

I didn't realize that DeDe was also a bodybuilder. Being interested in fitness doesn't necessarily equate.

And for those who suggest that Terri and DeDe look alike, I recommend taking another look at their pictures: DeDe is shorter and about 60 lbs heavier than Terri is, with shorter, curly hair. Sure, hair can be covered, but height and weight cannot.

Can we have a link please that Dede was a body builder? Thanks. :)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99076504.html

This article talks about her telling others who may have info about the case not to cooperate. There was another article that quoted her as saying something to the effect of "hold out just a little longer"...but I can't find it at the moment. Gotta go make lunch for my little ones.

Actually I think that came from an anonymous comment to an article that came out about DeDe when we first learned of her (that her property was being searched). IIRC, the one that was edited to include D/K/T's letter to her. It was written to appear as though it was for DeDe. As far as I know, there's been no quote from DeDe (or Terri) to "hold out just a little longer".

If you search for the original thread, I believe there were posts pointing out that comment.

"Sneaking" (or not mentioning) having a very good friend like Terri did with DeDe and never mentioning it to her husband- WHY? Maybe they had a fairly non-communicative relationship and thats why. Maybe he couldn't have cared less who her friends were....

Kaine knew DD and knew about the friendship. He's said so. DD helped plan, or planned, TH's 40th BD party. KH once described her as someone who'd visited their house more than once--I think "in and out" and/or "occasionally" was used.

Could she have done a mfh with DD to kill Kyron? This just dawned on me last night because I don't know of anyone who would put themselves in a position as friends, to harm another child. My only thought is that maybe TH dropped Kyron to DD and then in the time period that DD was missing DD did something with Kyron. They should search and search that property she was working with/ on that day.

Could she have done a mfh with DD to kill Kyron? This just dawned on me last night because I don't know of anyone who would put themselves in a position as friends, to harm another child. My only thought is that maybe TH dropped Kyron to DD and then in the time period that DD was missing DD did something with Kyron. They should search and search that property she was working with/ on that day.

Wow, another possible theory that could possibly hold water - although my gut aches at the thought that DD might be able to be so coldhearted. Not sure if they need to search that area or if they haven't already - I would hope those people where DD was supposed to have worked and wasn't seen until after lunch - were able to work with LE quickly to rule that out. Does that mean she was MIA for most of the day? After 3:00 or later? Only seen @ quitting time?

I don't think it takes imploring to get someone to be your accomplice in 'disappearing' a child. I have in mind Venus Stewart's case, where her husband asked a young guy to help him in her abduction and murder by acting as an impersonator for her husband so he would have an alibi. The testimony of the impersonator was chilling. He was very matter of fact and entirely devoid of emotion when relating the details of the abduction and murder, with Venus' husband calling him on the phone, giving him a blow by blow.

When describing how her husband asked him to participate, well, he had also described them going to Wendy's for burgers, and to Busch Gardens, and there just was no difference in his tone or more importantly, his language. It just was no big deal. It's hard, listening to it, to wrap one's head around the fact that it is murder being discussed and described.

I think to get someone to be your accomplice, it simply takes a recognition that something is amiss in the personality of the potential accomplice. Something 'twisted' maybe, or simply not there - a lack of caring for others. I don't know.

The relationship between Venus' husband and this young man seemed to be a strange one. There seemed to be some unusual emotional need, each for the other, and I am not implying any sort of sexual undertones to it. It was, to all reports, just a friendship. But there seemed to be an unusual dependency or need. I can't quite put my finger on it.

This unusual dependency or need, I think is may be the key thing that would have existed between Terri and an accomplice, if she was involved in Kyron's disappearance, and did have an accomplice.

NOW a child is completely different - wouldn't you guys agree? - can you imagine two women snuffing the life out of a child on purpose, all planned?

Yes, I think they met at the gym. Her friend Jaymie Finster was a high school friend, however. She was interviewed early in the case.

Wow, another possible theory that could possibly hold water - although my gut aches at the thought that DD might be able to be so coldhearted. Not sure if they need to search that area or if they haven't already - I would hope those people where DD was supposed to have worked and wasn't seen until after lunch - were able to work with LE quickly to rule that out. Does that mean she was MIA for most of the day? After 3:00 or later? Only seen @ quitting time?

The time frame DD was missing from the property where she was supposed to be working was from about 10:00am until about 1:00pm, about 3 hours.

NOW a child is completely different - wouldn't you guys agree? - can you imagine two women snuffing the life out of a child on purpose, all planned?

That's the trouble, I can't imagine it. DS believes in organic gardening, but somehow it would be okay to get involved in harming a child? TH helps raise Kyron then just one day the deed has to be done? I have probably never been "kept" on the fence for so long. Getting dizzy.

Actually I think that came from an anonymous comment to an article that came out about DeDe when we first learned of her (that her property was being searched). IIRC, the one that was edited to include D/K/T's letter to her. It was written to appear as though it was for DeDe. As far as I know, there's been no quote from DeDe (or Terri) to "hold out just a little longer".

If you search for the original thread, I believe there were posts pointing out that comment.

Oooooooh! I get it now. Okay, so even if we throw out the "hold out a little longer" comment. It HAS been reported in MSM that DeDe was encouraging others who may have info about the case not to cooperate. So my point still stands:

Could we be looking at this backwards? Could DeDe be the mastermind in all of this?

There are bonds that toxic people can form in a 12-step milieu that are not the supportive striving for an honest life that 12-step encourages; instead they become toxic balances of power bound by terrible secrets. The step when you tell all of your faults to a sponsor can bind some people in a not healthy way to the sponsor and if the sponsor is easily manipulated sometimes the thing gets turned backwards and the sponsee "plays" the sponsor. Terri's portrayal of herself as a put-upon or "wronged" person could play into that. The problem is that some people misinterpret the 12-step anonymity to mean keeping of secrets that should not be kept, like evidence of crime.

Very well said Annazed. Or as I tell my children, birds of a feather-flock together.

It's happened before:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20104652,00.html

Not saying that is what happened this time. Just offering evidence that it can and has happened. JMHO.

Very well said Annazed. Or as I tell my children, birds of a feather-flock together.

It's happened before:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20104652,00.html

Not saying that is what happened this time. Just offering evidence that it can and has happened. JMHO.

http://or.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.\OR\OR2\1962\19620919_0040091.OR.htm/qx

This is a link to a case from Oregon in the early 60s that involved a woman and her lesbian lover killing the woman's two children by throwing them off a very high bridge into a gorge.

Oooooooh! I get it now. Okay, so even if we throw out the "hold out a little longer" comment. It HAS been reported in MSM that DeDe was encouraging others who may have info about the case not to cooperate. So my point still stands:

Could we be looking at this backwards? Could DeDe be the mastermind in all of this?

Actually, no. That's what Kaine, Desiree and Tony accused her of doing. For all we know, that may consist of advising others to obtain legal counsel before speaking to LE. Or requiring LE to have a search warrant in hand before searching inside their homes.

Good question though.

What if it comes out that DeDe was NOT with Terri that morning?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back