Why would the Ramseys need to stage?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why would theRamseys need to stage?

• Total voters
Does anyone else find it odd that a 20 something college aged man would have pictures of his 6 year old half sister hanging up in his room? JMO of course.

It may be unusual but if he were especially fond of his half sister, then I would not be surprised by it. Are you suggesting that JAR may have been a closet pedophile with a hidden (maybe even from himself) sexual attraction to JB?

Does anyone else find it odd that a 20 something college aged man would have pictures of his 6 year old half sister hanging up in his room? JMO of course.

Not if Patsy decorated his room. Since he didn't live there all the time, I got the impression it wasn't his real home, but more of a guest room for when he needed a place to crash. moo

I do Venom. More than odd, downright disturbing. IMO there were a lot of unusual pictures, in a lot of unusual places in that family. JAR being almost "obsessed" with JB according to some of his friends, JR keeping Beth's pictures in his bathroom visible from both the shower & tub, and the picture on the nightstand in MI of JB in nothing but a boa. A hereditary sickness, or perhaps a learned behavior, or both. Something weird about the laundry room pictures too, otherwise PR wouldn't have denied knowing anything about them. Who knows what other pictures we've never seen or possibly even heard about?

There are 2 photographs that bother me. Both were taken December 25, 1996.

The photo of JonBenet sitting in the floor surrounded by presents smiling & looking sideways at the camera. For years AFAIK, the public was not shown the total photograph with Burke sitting in front of the tree in the left of the photo. I feel that he may have been cropped out in order to keep the public's mind off of him being there. So little was said about him by the Ramseys. It seems as though they'd be saying things like I'm so glad Burke wasn't also harmed, or I hope they don't try to come back & "kidnap" Burke.

The other photo that bothers me is the recently released picture of JonBenet jumping for joy by the Christmas tree in front of a new bike. Isn't she wearing long johns? I thought she was wearing pale pink pajamas on Christmas morning? I don't know that the photo means anything incriminating. I'm just disturbed that she appears to be wearing something like what she was murdered in.

There are 2 photographs that bother me. Both were taken December 25, 1996.

The photo of JonBenet sitting in the floor surrounded by presents smiling & looking sideways at the camera. For years AFAIK, the public was not shown the total photograph with Burke sitting in front of the tree in the left of the photo. I feel that he may have been cropped out in order to keep the public's mind off of him being there. So little was said about him by the Ramseys. It seems as though they'd be saying things like I'm so glad Burke wasn't also harmed, or I hope they don't try to come back & "kidnap" Burke.

The other photo that bothers me is the recently released picture of JonBenet jumping for joy by the Christmas tree in front of a new bike. Isn't she wearing long johns? I thought she was wearing pale pink pajamas on Christmas morning? I don't know that the photo means anything incriminating. I'm just disturbed that she appears to be wearing something like what she was murdered in.

BR was never in any danger, as the Ramsey's well knew, so there was no concern over his safety. Just one more thing on top of a mountain of evidence that indicates RDI. If IDI, the parents would have been saying and doing a lot of things different from what they actually did.

BR was never in any danger, as the Ramsey's well knew, so there was no concern over his safety. Just one more thing on top of a mountain of evidence that indicates RDI. If IDI, the parents would have been saying and doing a lot of things different from what they actually did.

Yes, that's exactly my point. I think it's possible that the photo was cropped to keep the public's mind off of another sibling who could have been a witness and/or perpetrator. Here is the photo I'm referring to:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/65794844530025104/ I can't find a higher quality of this particular photo containing BR and JBR.

I do Venom. More than odd, downright disturbing. IMO there were a lot of unusual pictures, in a lot of unusual places in that family. JAR being almost "obsessed" with JB according to some of his friends, JR keeping Beth's pictures in his bathroom visible from both the shower & tub, and the picture on the nightstand in MI of JB in nothing but a boa. A hereditary sickness, or perhaps a learned behavior, or both. Something weird about the laundry room pictures too, otherwise PR wouldn't have denied knowing anything about them. Who knows what other pictures we've never seen or possibly even heard about?

BBM- Wait, what? Never heard of that. :eek:

It may be unusual but if he were especially fond of his half sister, then I would not be surprised by it. Are you suggesting that JAR may have been a closet pedophile with a hidden (maybe even from himself) sexual attraction to JB?

No, not suggesting that.
It's just odd for me that he'd have pictures of his sister up like that. I could see a smaller size on a frame sitting on his desk. And I could see PR putting them up with the "theme" of the room, if she decorated it.

By gosh, you're right. It does look like long john's she's wearing.

There are a lot of photos on there I've never seen. There is, for anyone who remembers the discussion on it, a photo of JB wearing the red JUMPSUIT that she wore to perform, with some other little girls, i a mall just before Christmas. This red jumpsuit is often confused with the red turtleneck found balled up in her bathroom. It is this red jumpsuit that Patsy discusses with police, as having been seen in a crime photo on an ironing board, and Patsy told LE she had made a mental note that it had some stains on it and she would launder it when she got back from the trip.
There is also a photo of JB with her little dog, Jaques.
It breaks my heart to see that beautiful, innocent face and think about what happened to her and that people got away with it because they had money and powerful friends and lawyers. That, combined with spineless and corrupt prosecutors, guaranteed that there would never be justice.

BBM- Wait, what? Never heard of that. :eek:

Here is the info on the feather boa, info sourced from an older post on the Who Molested/Abused JonBenet thread written by Midwest Mama:

This is something I read recently in "Presumed Guilty" by Steven Singular

"I told Hunter that I had recently been contacted by a woman who had seen a picture of JonBenet, months before the murder, in her parents' bedroom in the summer residence in Charlevoix, Michigan, during a tour of Charlevoix's finer homes. The photograph, the woman said, showed JonBenet with a provocative expression on her face, wearing nothing but make-up and a feather boa snaking around her torso. The woman was so taken aback by the image that she had gone home, called one of her relatives in Denver, and given a detailed account of what she had just seen."

Here is the info on the feather boa, info sourced from an older post on the Who Molested/Abused JonBenet thread written by Midwest Mama:

"I told Hunter that I had recently been contacted by a woman who had seen a picture of JonBenet, months before the murder, in her parents' bedroom in the summer residence in Charlevoix, Michigan, during a tour of Charlevoix's finer homes. The photograph, the woman said, showed JonBenet with a provocative expression on her face, wearing nothing but make-up and a feather boa snaking around her torso. The woman was so taken aback by the image that she had gone home, called one of her relatives in Denver, and given a detailed account of what she had just seen."

:eek:
IMO, that alone speaks volumes.

Here is the other photo I mentioned that she wears long johns on what's supposed to be Xmas morning:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/65794844530039297/
I would like to find a better copy of this photo as well.

It has often been repeated that a neighbor of the Ramsey's claimed the light in the sunroom was always illuminating except for the night of December 25.

In the picture linked of precious JonBenet on Christmas morning, one can view the room past where she is standing which, iirc, is the sunroom.

So the sunroom was without artificial illumination on the morning of December 25 as well as that night.

Their Christmas tree does not appear to be illuminated on Christmas morning either.

It has often been repeated that a neighbor of the Ramsey's claimed the light in the sunroom was always illuminating except for the night of December 25.

In the picture linked of precious JonBenet on Christmas morning, one can view the room past where she is standing which, iirc, is the sunroom.

So the sunroom was without artificial illumination on the morning of December 25 as well as that night.

Their Christmas tree does not appear to be illuminated on Christmas morning either.

It looks like the photo was taken Christmas Eve or Christmas morning since the gifts are all still wrapped. If morning, it appears that it was very, very early because the windows do not show a hint of sunlight. Kids do wake up early Xmas morning. Let's say she woke up at 5AM. Wouldn't there be a little bit of light in the sky? What about 4AM. Would it be pitch black?

The long johns disturb me. Is the killer assumed to be the one who dressed her in the long johns late December 25? Many of you on this board have far more knowledge about the case than I do. I just can't help but dwell on the image of a living JonBenet in clothing identical to what she ultimately died in. Something seems off, but I can't put my finger on it yet.

In the other Xmas morning photos she's wearing what looks like pale pink pajamas, so she either changed soon after the long john photo was taken or the long john photo was taken at a different date/time.

I have often thought that the body was actually NOT suppose to be found in the home; the way it was wrapped "papoose" like in the blanket, the hands loosely tied, the "garrotte"....I do think this was "staging," but I wonder if the original plan was that JR was going to remove the body from the home (this would make sense with the "kidnapper" ransom note) and dispose of it elsewhere. However, maybe PR did not want to go along with this because she didn't her baby to be exposed and dumped. So, when JR is preparing to remove the body, she phones 911--not part of the plan--in order to prevent the removal of JB from happening.

This could explain the cold and distant demeanor toward each other that was reported that morning and JR's odd behavior--he knew they were screwed because the body was in the home.

Just a thought that has always made sense in my mind.

I read SS's entire book avidly because at that time his theory agreed with what I thought happened. I found the book utter disappointing and meaningless. Talk about someone who has nothing meaningful to add and is just discussing every possible wild rumor about the case in an effort to exploit it for his own profit: That is Steven Singular IMO. Now that I have turned solidly RDI I see his book even plainer. This talk about JB being nude in a feather boa should be dismissed unless it can be collaborated.

I have often thought that the body was actually NOT suppose to be found in the home; the way it was wrapped "papoose" like in the blanket, the hands loosely tied, the "garrotte"....I do think this was "staging," but I wonder if the original plan was that JR was going to remove the body from the home (this would make sense with the "kidnapper" ransom note) and dispose of it elsewhere. However, maybe PR did not want to go along with this because she didn't her baby to be exposed and dumped. So, when JR is preparing to remove the body, she phones 911--not part of the plan--in order to prevent the removal of JB from happening.

This could explain the cold and distant demeanor toward each other that was reported that morning and JR's odd behavior--he knew they were screwed because the body was in the home.

Just a thought that has always made sense in my mind.

Remember, JR was present when the 911 call was made, so I doubt this theory. I think both parents planned to call 911, and they purposely waited until around 6 AM in the morning even though the murder happened approximately five hours previously.

Remember, JR was present when the 911 call was made, so I doubt this theory. I think both parents planned to call 911, and they purposely waited until around 6 AM in the morning even though the murder happened approximately five hours previously.

It's possible he was nearby and heard her making the call. She may have thought him as being away from the kitchen, when actually he was very close. Regardless, even if he was nearby and she was calling despite "his" plan to remove the body, not much could have been done once she picked up the phone and dialed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June
Back