GUILTY WI - Amara, 11, Sophie, 8, Cecilia Schaffhausen, 5, slain, River Falls, 10 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2986441.shtml?cat=1

Court is now in session in the trial of the man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at his ex-wife's River Falls, Wis., home.

The ex-wife of Aaron Schaffhausen continued her testimony. No cameras are being allowed in the courtroom.

Court is now in session in the trial of the man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at his ex-wife's River Falls, Wis., home.

The ex-wife of Aaron Schaffhausen continued her testimony. No cameras are being allowed in the courtroom.

Jessica Shaffhausen picked up her testimony by talking about the many phone calls and messages she started receiving from Aaron Schaffhausen in Nov. 2011. She testified there were anywhere from a few calls up to 30 times in a row.

Jessica Shaffhausen said she told Aaron Shaffhausen it was harassment and that she would have to get a restraining order if he didn't stop.

She said some conversations were upsetting because they weren't even conversations; she said he would just call over and over again so she couldn't use her phone.

She said he refused to speak to the children and just wanted to go over same things over and over again, "the ups and downs of our marriage," said Jessica Schaffhausen.

God bless this mother...

Thanks TheCheese for the updates (and your nickname is THE BEST EVER!). I hurt for this mom.

This is so horrifying. Prayers for Jessica.

SimonWCCO ‏@SimonWCCO 1h
Both River Falls and NoDak police knew of threats to kill one or more of the Shaffhausen children in March 2012 -- ex wife's testimony.

Jessica Shaffhausen says in a March 2012 phone call Aaron "threatens to tie me up and make me choose which child to kill" in front of her.

The defense for Aaron Shaffhausen tries to tie the last months of his daughters lives to his "decaying mental state" w/ex wifes testimony.

The ex wife of Aaron Shaffhausen says he but was never mean to his 3 girls, "just neglectful". More from the courtroom on WCCO thru day.

Jessica Shaffhausen back on the stand describes a self absorbed and socially aloof husband, in Aaron's sanity trial.

Jessica Schaffhausen said she told Aaron Schaffhausen it was harassment and that she would have to get a restraining order if he didn't stop. She said some conversations were upsetting because they weren't even conversations -- he would just call over and over again so she couldn't use her phone.

snipped

She said the divorce was finalized Jan. 9, 2012.

Jessica Schaffhausen had been seeing someone else and told Aaron Schaffhausen about it. She said, "Initially there were a lot of sarcastic jokes about it, and then when I wouldn't share every detail about it with him; he was angry, jealous."

She testified Aaron Schaffhausen called the mother of the man she was dating to threaten and harass them. After she told him to stop, there were a few incidents and then the harassment toward the man and his family stopped, she said.

snipped

She testified she received a call from Aaron Schaffhausen on March 7 while she was at work. She said, "He told me he wanted to drive down there and tie me up and make me pick which kid I wanted him to kill." He said he wanted her to feel the pain that he feels, and that he has these thoughts eight times a day.

snipped

Jessica Schaffhausen said she called the police and filed a report regarding the phone call.

Is he claiming insanity? Mom mentions he was chronically depressed, taking medications. This is too horrible.

Yes that he was insane at the time.

I see many signs of planning though. People who are insane have a hard time planning and following through to carry out a plan. Also the way he acted in the first LE interview, which was directly after he murders the poor little girls. He sat silent and unmoving, but when the officer would leave the room, then he'd move - he'd put his head down on the desk. Then when after hours of silence he started talking, he talked about his comfort (hands feeling numb from cuffs) then he shut again. Then he finally talked again and one of the first things he said was that officers in the home would have blood on their shorts. Very aware, very lucid, very calculated and intelligent thinking, trying to cover evidence of his guilt. That doesn't seem insane at all to me.

All just my opinion :twocents: and sorry to go on and on lol. :blushing:

Is he claiming insanity? Mom mentions he was chronically depressed, taking medications. This is too horrible.

Cheese, ita...what got me, too, was that when the officer ask AS to lean forward so he could check if the handcuffs were too tight, AS immediately leaned forward, without hesitation. AS was totally understanding everything. The second time the officer ask him to lean forward to again check the handcuff tightness, AS hesitated a moment. JMO, calculating whether to cooperate or not.

Steve Tellier KSTP ‏@Steve_Tellier 4m

Jessica testifies Aaron seemed to be getting better one month before murders, told Jessica he stopped drinking and was "moving on."

Jessica Schaffhausen returning to stand, will now be cross examined by prosecution.

Jessica cries recounting call from Aaron, "I killed the kids." Asked if she wants to take a break: "No, I just want to get this over with."

Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 11m

The March 7, 2012 threat by Aaron was approx. four months before he killed the three children in their River Falls home #Schaffhausen

bouaxiong ‏@bouaKARE 4m
After more than 5 hours Jessica #Schaffhausen done testifying.

Jury on break as attorneys take up evidence. Jessica #Schaffhausen smiles to her supporters as she exits courtroom.

Andrew Krammer ‏@Andrew_Krammer 3m
River Falls police officer Elizabeth Posel takes the stand, the prosecution's witness. #Schaffhausen

bouaxiong ‏@bouaKARE 3m
OFC Elizabeth Posel on stand now. She took a call from Aaron #Schaffhausen in March 2012. He called upset Jessica wanted a restraining order

RAW VIDEO: Schaffhausen Accused of Making Threatening Call to Ex-Wife

The defense called Officer Elizabeth Posel with the River Falls Police Department to the stand in the trial of the man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at his ex-wife's River Falls, Wis., home.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S2987093.shtml?cat=1

Three mental health experts are expected to testify — one each hired by the court, prosecutors and the defense — and all will agree Schaffhausen had a major depressive disorder at the time, Kucinski told the jury. But only the expert hired by the defense believes Schaffhausen fit the court’s description of insanity, attorneys said.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/201067811.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

This is just far too horrible. My heart breaks for Jessica and the girls' family. I hope this monster is locked up for life, he does not deserve to be set free after the horrible pain and torment he has caused.

I will never understand how someone can take their own children's lives. This man is a special kind of evil. He may have been depressed at the time, but I don't believe he has any footing to plead 'insanity'. He was lucid enough to know what he was doing, and by the sounds of it had been planning it for a while. Disgusting.

Rest in peace, sweet girls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back