GUILTY WI - Anita Bucki, 48, Corning, 26 April 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did a search out of curiosity and no priors came up for Mark on the WCCA database

http://www.wjfw.com/stories.html?sku=20130513141925

"Missing Lincoln County Grandmother Allegedly Stabbed, Strangled; Husband Faces Murder Charges"

"Mark Bucki admitted to investigators he and Anita, a couple for nearly 27 years, were having a conversation about divorce, and he raised his voice.

He told police that after she supposedly disappeared, he ripped out carpeting from the bedroom, took some of Anita’s belongings, and burned them.

“It certainly looks as if that carpeting was removed for a reason. And burned," Dunphy said."

Another woman just trying to get away. Rest peacfully Anita and keep an eye on your son and grandchild.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...340/Man-held-2M-bond-Lincoln-Co-wife-s-murder

"Man held on $2M bond in Lincoln Co. for wife's murder
Insurance policy, affair add up to homicide charges".

" On the night of April 25, Anita Bucki visited her husband in the town of Corning home they once shared, where they argued for hours about their pending divorce, according to prosecutors."

"Less than three weeks later, after police discovered a $150,000 insurance policy Mark Bucki had on his wife’s life and her stabbed and strangled remains were found in Langlade County, he was charged in her death."

"Prosecutor: Husband stabbed, strangled missing wife"

"MERRILL, Wisconsin (WAOW) - A Merrill man stabbed his wife seven times, tried to strangle her and then hid her body in some woods near Medford following a discussion about the couple getting divorced, a prosecutor said Tuesday."

http://www.wxow.com/story/22250047/2013/05/14/prosecutor-husband-stabbed-strangled-missing-wife

OMG... ! Stabbed her 7 times? What in the heck is wrong with these men that they can't just let the woman go if she wants? Why do that to your kids, too? I will never understand it... :banghead:

RIP Anita, you didn't deserve any of this... My prayers to her family as they come to terms with the reality of the situation, and work through their grief - especially as they go through the trial phase of these horrid circumstances.
:prayer:

These hate-filled men want to control and mistreat women, yet when the woman has had enough, they won't let go. It becomes "Oh no you won't". This man, Mark Bucki, thought he could bully and outsmart the police. Who cuts up carpet for no reason? He was probably mistreating her for years and when she got her nerve to go for good, he knew it was over. He also knew he may not find another woman to put up with his crazy self.:stormingmad:

Anita's friend thought she was leaving him and didn't understand why she was there. It always makes me wonder if this type man has that much control, or if the woman is hanging on as well. It's so sad and such a horrible thing for her family to live with. Mixing anger and grief is so much worse.
RIP dear.

How many of these stories do we read here? They are all the same the names just change!

Why is it so much easier to kill someone than to let them go?

Rest In Peace Anita!

OMG... ! Stabbed her 7 times? What in the heck is wrong with these men that they can't just let the woman go if she wants? Why do that to your kids, too? I will never understand it... :banghead:

RIP Anita, you didn't deserve any of this... My prayers to her family as they come to terms with the reality of the situation, and work through their grief - especially as they go through the trial phase of these horrid circumstances.
:prayer:

OMG can you imagine what her life was like living with this man?

Soo, he has blood and tissue all over the place, a burn site, they find her dead and now he is denying it all? They need more evidence than pieces of decomposing tissue in his truck bed??? He told them he burned things, so what is this about? Is he saying he burned them later than the 26th, and it matters? I'm confused.

Several articles from July 25, 2013 -
Summary:
Judge orders Mark Bucki bound over for trial, scheduling conference set for August 29, 2013

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/Hearing-for-man-accused-in-wifes-death-216944971.html

NEW INFORMATION: Bucki bound over for trial in wife's death
MERRILL, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin man accused of killing his wife and hiding her body has been bound over for trial.

Forty-nine-year-old Mark Bucki appeared in Lincoln County Circuit Court for a preliminary hearing Thursday.

Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen says the judge found probable cause to believe Bucki committed a felony.

Bucki is charged with killing 48-year-old Anita Bucki. Her whose body was found near Medford, about 20 miles from the couple's home, several weeks after her husband reported her missing to sheriff's officials.

An autopsy showed Anita Bucki had seven stab wounds to the chest and severe bruising around her throat.

Bucki is being held on $2 million cash bond. A scheduling conference, where a date for arraignment will be set, is scheduled for Aug. 29.

Hearing set for homicide suspect Mark Bucki (with video)
http://www.marshfieldnewsherald.com/article/20130725/MNH0101/307250160/Hearing-set-homicide-suspect-Mark-Bucki-video-
MERRILL — A town of Corning man held on a record-setting $2 million cash bond in connection with the death of his wife is set to appear in court today.

Mark Bucki, 49, will face a preliminary hearing in Lincoln County Circuit Court, when a judge will decide whether investigators have collected enough evidence for the case to move forward. Bucki is accused of strangling and killing his wife, Anita Bucki, 48, and hiding her body in a remote area near Medford. Bucki first reported his wife missing April 26; her body was discovered about 20 miles from the Bucki’s home.

Bucki was charged May 12 with first-degree intentional homicide, strangulation/suffocation and concealing a corpse. He faces life in prison if he is convicted on the homicide charge alone.

According to the criminal complaint:

On the night of April 25, Anita Bucki visited her husband in the town of Corning home they once shared, where they argued late into the night about their pending divorce. Mark Bucki first told investigators he awoke the morning of April 26 to find his wife was missing, and spent several hours burning her belongings in a fire pit before calling police.

Anita Bucki’s disappearance initially was treated as a missing persons case until her body was discovered May 10 and positively identified by the Wisconsin State Crime Lab.

Preliminary autopsy results show she suffered seven stab wounds to the chest and had severe bruising around her throat. When police searched Mark Bucki’s home, they found blood stains on the living room floor; laboratory tests to determine whether the blood is that of Anita Bucki are pending.

Mark Bucki is the only person charged in connection with Anita Bucki’s death. Chief Deputy Nathan Walrath has so far refused to discuss whether anyone else is under investigation in connection with the case.

Anita Bucki’s brother, Cliff Brown, of Rapid City, S.D., said Anita and Mark Bucki were married for 26 years and have one son, Clint Bucki, who lives in Bemidji, Minn., with his wife and young daughter. Anita and Mark recently had decided to split, Brown said.

Anita Bucki’s death is the third homicide in seven years in Lincoln County

Channel 9 - WAOW-TV in Wausau has an exclusive interview with Anita Bucki's son. He believes his father is innocent of all charges...

http://www.waow.com/story/22930092/2013/07/25/newsline-9-exclusive-murder-suspects-son-speaks-out

Newsline 9 Exclusive: Murder suspect's son speaks out
Posted: Jul 25, 2013 8:58 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 08, 2013 7:28 PM CDT

By Dan Griffin, Multimedia Journalist

MERRILL (WAOW) -
We're learning more about a Lincoln County murder case.

Mark Bucki, 49, is charged with the murder of his wife, Anita, 48.

Thursday, prosecutors revealed new evidence in the investigation, but Bucki's son, Clint, said he still believes his father is innocent.

Mark Bucki faced a Lincoln County judge Thursday.

Bucki is charged in the murder of his wife, Anita Bucki.

Prosecutors argued the evidence points to him, but his son said his father is innocent.

"I know he's innocent, I've thought about it many times, when it all first started, I even questioned him and I know he didn't do it, he loved my mom," said Clint Bucki.

Even with Bucki's son's doubts, the prosecution was adamant about the evidence found in the investigation.

"He was burning items in the burn barrel, and had actually burned that section of carpet," said Lt. Mark Gartmann, Lincoln County Sheriff's Department.

Lincoln County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Gartmann said the department discovered Mark Bucki had a girlfriend before the murder and throughout the investigation.

They also said Bucki had no intention of staying with his wife, Anita, reading from a letter he wrote to his girlfriend from jail.

"The feelings I had for her sure are gone since I've been stuck in here," said Lt. Gartmann.

Gartmann also testified that investigators found Mark Bucki was unemotional throughout the investigation, even when he reported his wife missing.

"There was no concern, in his voice, I noticed it was a matter-of-fact type tone," said Lt. Gartmann.

But Mark and Anita Bucki's son said even with the evidence presented in court, he still hasn't seen anything to make him believe his father could do what he's accused of.

"He loved her, he had no reason to ever do anything, to harm her, he wanted the best for her, she wanted the best for him," said Clint Bucki.

Bucki is expected to go to trial in September.

We reached out for comment from Mark Bucki's attorneys and our calls were not returned.

All JMHO, but I can't fathom how - with all of the evidence they have against his father - that he can believe he is innocent. I feel badly for the son as he is obviously in deep denial at this point. Again, that's MOO, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back