GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped by me: you saw NM strike one of the females? Were you at the river that day because I thought that alleged punch was not caught on camera? IMO.
So you believe that her sunglasses jumped off of her face and several people imagined that he hit her and that her response as noted by the look on her face as she turned around was apparently because her feelings got hurt?

You can defend NM all you like, I will agree to disagree. Goodnight.

From what I saw NM responded to two females 'in his face' and pulling/tugging/yelling at him by striking one of the females. Fkn coward. Yanked a knife and slashed the people that rushed in to defend the females. Keep in mind that up until he STRUCK someone, it was all words coming from those boys. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" seems like a lost concept on NM. NM instigated the violence. You don't have to see it or agree, but it is there to see.
The supposed strike wasn't recorded and the woman choose not to have her testimony public. I think he moved her out of his face, maybe pushed her aside. I seriously, seriously doubt he punched her. LE saw no marks, the picture she claimed she took, she supposedly deleted and when they tried to recover it, it mysteriously wasn't in her or her mother's phones. I call BS on it.

BTW Women shouldn't be allowed to scream in men's faces while pushing and grabbing at them.

I see what you are saying but that's not correct. Watch the testimony of the camera guy. Or the darn videos. In the first video they are all in their tubes floating toward him and calling him names

You have it backwards. The teens initiated contact not NM.
A video recording shows Miu carrying goggles with a snorkel attached as he approaches a group of tubers. Miu is told "Get away." The group accuses Miu of "looking for little girls" and the situation escalates when a larger group approaches.

So you believe that her sunglasses jumped off of her face and several people imagined that he hit her and that her response as noted by the look on her face as she turned around was apparently because her feelings got hurt?

You can defend NM all you like, I will agree to disagree. Goodnight.
We wont convince some people, but glad I am not alone in my assessment. The debate will continue tomorrow I fear.

That being said, I am going to go watch a hockey game and try to get my mind off the families of those poor boys. The trauma they experienced will be with them forever. :(

We wont convince some people, but glad I am not alone in my assessment. The debate will continue tomorrow I fear.

That being said, I am going to go watch a hockey game and try to get my mind off the families of those poor boys. The trauma they experienced will be with them forever. :(
Concur. Rest well, IMO, Justice will be served in the end.

The supposed strike wasn't recorded and the woman choose not to have her testimony public

Reminding all that a photo of her injury/swelling/redness was NEVER ever taken by any anyone not even herself, in the moments after or days after the incident. She told officers she deleted it... the officers did a forensic download of her phone and determined no such photo could be found, or likely didn't exist.

That itself irks me. This easily could have become a situation where someone THOUGHT NM struck MC, it became the root of the entire encounter, everyone else agreed this happened, and at that point MC absolutely cannot admit the truth lest she become public enemy #1. People get into a mob mentality really quickly esp when drunk and especially if they find an easy /weak target - in this case, a chubby middle aged man who is alone and confused, doing seemingly uncool things like snorkeling in a river that's so "short".

A video recording shows Miu carrying goggles with a snorkel attached as he approaches a group of tubers. Miu is told "Get away." The group accuses Miu of "looking for little girls" and the situation escalates when a larger group approaches.

If you would just Watch the testimony and/or videos.

"Cockfield said he started recording because Miu was acting suspiciously. He said Miu made a comment about "little girls" but noted there were no little girls in his group or nearby. After he called Miu a "Raper," Miu came closer to their group and a fight ensued. "

I am seriously finished with this. Video has been posted at least 6 times, if you choose not to watch it. Believe what you want.

Last edited:
It's so sad how many people say they would meekly obey a rowdy bunch of teens. This is what our society has become? It's ok for teens to get drunk and high and badger innocent people? To be loud and obnoxious and try to incite a mob by calling someone a pedophile? "For the culture"

The resulting fight is his fault because he didn't obey there orders?

That's why these kids have become so emboldened. Walk in with garbage bags and clean out stores, beat poor Preston Lord to death? And Yes those were the same type of "kids".
These groups (teens and young adults) seemed so entitled. Several even seemed disrespectful in a court of law ~ the ones who really stood out to me as being arrogant during their testimony were OP from the teen group and DC from the adult group. And don't even get me started on MC's interactions that day...
Watching that video with or without sound produces a feeling of anxiety in me while watching ~ I can't even imagine NM during the moments that he was surrounded by this group.

If you would just Watch the testimony and/or videos.

"Cockfield said he started recording because Miu was acting suspiciously. He said Miu made a comment about "little girls" but noted there were no little girls in his group or nearby. After he called Miu a "Raper," Miu came closer to their group and a fight ensued. "

I am seriously finished with this. Video has been posted at least 6 times, if you choose not to watch it. Believe what you want.
There was no contact in the 5 sec video just words being yelled from the younger group. The initial contact was when NM ran up to them on their tubes, which was about 10 seconds later.

Didn't this started with the young men publicly stating that Nicolae is guilty of a criminal offence against children? Why did they do that if it wasn't to get some sort of enjoyment from upsetting him?
IMO - The young men provoked him after that NM ran up and initiated contact with them.

It's been established that it's common for some people to carry a pocket knife. When on water, it's used to cut string, etc. Additionally, NM testify yesterday, that he is an engineer, carries a knife as it is his tool. moo
It's interesting then that his ex-wife would testify that she thought he put it back in the truck. Is he always had it on him, why would she think that? It's just interesting the difference in their testimonies.

(BTW, I have no issue with someone carrying a knife. My issue is with them proceeding to stab people with it.)

Yes, but the very first contact is when he is just standing there and they are all in their tubes and floating toward him. That's when they start yelling stuff at him.

The 2nd video is him running up to them. It happened a few seconds later.

This started with the teens calling out to him. He wasn't paying any attention to them.
Hopefully the jury breaks it down too : who started it, who escalated it (hand on neck), who escalated it further (knife), and was that reaction reasonable?

IMO - The young men provoked him after that NM ran up and initiated contact with them.
Aged 17 to 24. The 17 year old with the gold bracelet had his hands around the man's neck before, or around the same time, that the man stabbed him. Why did the youngest escalate the situation?

"A 24-year-old woman from Burnsville, Minnesota, a 20-year-old and 22-year-old man from Luck, Wisconsin, and a 22-year-old man from Elk River, Minnesota, were injured in the attack. But, 17-year-old Schuman died from his injuries."

I am enjoying the "back and forth" here. No doubt, similar to the discussions going on with the jury.

Interesting, how usually the "victim" is very identified, in this case, the boy who died, Issac Schuman. But, many people are defending the perpetrator, NM.

I am enjoying the "back and forth" here. No doubt, similar to the discussions going on with the jury.

Interesting, how usually the "victim" is very identified, in this case, the boy who died, Issac Schuman. But, many people are defending the perpetrator, NM.
It's like everything we discuss here, we have to look at the big picture to make an informed decision. After two strangers met and had interactions including intimidation, a weapon was introduced by the intimidated party. Should we just look at the weapon, or should we look at how they met?

Who started it: the victims
Who escalated it: the victims (hands on neck)
Who had a Swiss Army knife in his pocket: the other victim
Who stopped it: the man with the knife

If he had not produced a knife, what would have stopped the rowdy mob? They were at the point of putting their hands on his neck, knocking him down into the river, circling him, shouting at him, and publicly alleging that he committed a criminal sexual offence against children.

"The defense has pushed back on the witnesses, pointing out that some were intoxicated and high on marijuana, which could contribute to the jury's perception of the witnesses and question their credibility."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back