GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quite the interesting moment with the State telling the jury that "you're being asked to lie" on the verdict forms, if they choose "not guilty" for anything. Looked as if Ms. Dorl wrote a note to Ms. Vera who seemed to quickly shake her head.

I was wondering if they were going to object and they just did. I know closings are a bit different but the State, IMOO, was reaching a bit by telling the jury that they're being told to lie on an official legal document; that kind of characterization is really interesting. I know closings give more leeway, for lack of a better term, to what can be said by the attorneys but I wish we could hear the objections on the record!

Even with all of the evidence, I am not sure how I would feel if one side was telling me that I would be, essentially, lying on an official legal document if I mark 'not guilty' for any of the charges; especially when lying is so wrapped up in all of this & how much they've stressed that lying is bad (and is indeed part of one of the very charges against him). What happens now? I'm so eager to see...

I do think this defence had a very hard job, but they did have areas they could and should IMO have challenged, their defence from openings was to challenge the homicides, so they could have asked the ME do you know who killed the victims, do you know what time, their was much they could have challenged but didn't, I think they did a poor job, and I am normally very complimentary of defence attorneys who have a difficult job, even closings were poor

state has done an exemplary job, other lawyers should look at how this case was presented and learn from them, everybody was on their A game

I expect G on all charges,

Did anyone watch the closing arguments/rebuttal? I don't know how to share the link here. At one point, I felt that the defense attorney insulted Bart and Krista. I felt bad.

Verdict:
GUILTY of 1st degree intentional homicide.
GUILTY of providing false information re: missing person Bart Halderson.
GUILTY of mutilating a corpse re: BH.
GUILTY of hiding a corpse re: BH.
GUILTY of 1st degree intentional homicide re: Krista Halderson
GUILTY of providing false information re: missing persion KH.
GUILTY of mutilating a corpse re: KH.
GUILTY of hiding a corpse re: KH.

Twitter
Halderson has NO reaction as Judge Hyland reads the verdict. He is found guilty in all charges related to Bart Halderson.
#ChandlerHalderson is found guilty on all counts in the murder and dismemberment of his parents. As the verdicts were read, Halderson had no reaction

Twitter
Halderson has NO reaction as Judge Hyland reads the verdict. He is found guilty in all charges related to Bart Halderson.
#ChandlerHalderson is found guilty on all counts in the murder and dismemberment of his parents. As the verdicts were read, Halderson had no reaction

He is truly just a sick sick individual. I don't know medically speaking as far as diagnosis's, but there is something very wrong and it's just so chilling to see it all play out and to know how many people he came into contact with in those days after he killed his parents. They are all so lucky he didn't get any crazy ideas about them. I think of his girlfriend the most. She slept at that house with the dismembered parents in the freezer and the ashes from him trying to burn them in the fireplace. :( Ugh I hope she is receiving some type of help because that is all just so twisted.

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - The jury has found Chandler Halderson, a 23-year Dane County man, guilty of killing his parents last summer.

Published: Jan. 20, 2022 at 9:34 AM UTC|Updated: 6 hours ago

WATCH LIVE: Chandler Halderson found guilty of killing his parents

WATCH LIVE: Chandler Halderson found guilty of killing his parents

Chandler Halderson was found guilty on all counts relating to the homicides of his parents.

First degree intentional homicide:guilty
Mutilating corpse:guilty
Hiding corpse:guilty
Lying to police: guilty
First degree intentional homicide:guilty
Mutilating corpse:guilty
Hiding corpse:guilty
Lying to police:guilty

— Elizabeth Wadas TV (@ElizabethWadas) January 20, 2022

The tentative date for a sentencing hearing is March 17 or 18, though the attorneys say they need to get back to the judge.

Last edited:
as always post a verdict my overwhelming emotion is sadness, for the lives lost, for the lives forever changed and damaged, including the defendant, I will never understand why some people are able to resolve issues without resorting to horrific crimes and others aren't

Chandler had so may choices to start sorting out the mess he had made by his constant lies, but he instead chose this path, and his parents are dead by his hand, he is in prison for the rest of his life, just such a waste,

He is truly just a sick sick individual. I don't know medically speaking as far as diagnosis's, but there is something very wrong and it's just so chilling to see it all play out and to know how many people he came into contact with in those days after he killed his parents. They are all so lucky he didn't get any crazy ideas about them. I think of his girlfriend the most. She slept at that house with the dismembered parents in the freezer and the ashes from him trying to burn them in the fireplace. :( Ugh I hope she is receiving some type of help because that is all just so twisted.
He's very sick. Kat is in counseling or at least that's what I heard.

Quite the interesting moment with the State telling the jury that "you're being asked to lie" on the verdict forms, if they choose "not guilty" for anything. Looked as if Ms. Dorl wrote a note to Ms. Vera who seemed to quickly shake her head.

I was wondering if they were going to object and they just did. I know closings are a bit different but the State, IMOO, was reaching a bit by telling the jury that they're being told to lie on an official legal document; that kind of characterization is really interesting. I know closings give more leeway, for lack of a better term, to what can be said by the attorneys but I wish we could hear the objections on the record!

Even with all of the evidence, I am not sure how I would feel if one side was telling me that I would be, essentially, lying on an official legal document if I mark 'not guilty' for any of the charges; especially when lying is so wrapped up in all of this & how much they've stressed that lying is bad (and is indeed part of one of the very charges against him). What happens now? I'm so eager to see...

Yeah, I wanted to tell him the STHU. I didn't like that argument at all and I'm afraid it will be a good point for his appeal. Hopefully the appellate court will just say there was so much overwhelming evidence that it wouldn't matter

Now we wait until sentencing. I am not planning on following a new trial right now. I get too obsessed. This was undoubtedly the most gruesome trial that I ever followed. I have had a thought twice that Chandler will commit suicide. Not because of the horrendous acts that he did but because of the life ahead of him. Or he may be killed like Jeffrey Dahmer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back