GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you referring to an audio recording of a hand saw being heard during the trial? I was listening to the trial the other day as I was getting ready to leave and it sounded like someone using a hand saw. Maybe I just thought it was a handsaw, but I've tried to find that recording again and can't figure out which day I was listening to it live. Can you remember what day of the trial that you're referring to and possibly a timestamp?
I think "tape" was reference to the fingerprint on the yellow tape. I haven't heard an audio tape of the hand saw.

Andrew Smith is the person who gave Chandler the gun, next witness, a very respectful young man,
so his parents didn't want guns in their home, so Chandler had to hide the gun in the house from them,

another one of Chandlers victims, Andrew Smith has to live with the fact it was the gun he gave to Chandler that he used to murder his father, we do not know how Krista was killed

and he did nothing wrong, but just knowing it was the gun you gave Chandler will have an effect on him,

so at some point Andrew Smith must have thought either Chandler or LE were looking in his direction, and he stated "I'm not going to get ****** for something I didn't do" not verbatim
MOO I think the army soldier gun seller was replying to a question about making a record of giving the gun to Chandler.
It was a sale so he said took a photo of the gun's serial number with Chandler's license.

Yeah he was very straightforward. I don't think the defense expected him to tell her it was none of her business though.
MOO I think that the dislike he has for Chandler now just broke through as the defense tried to ask details about his selling activities.

Are you referring to an audio recording of a hand saw being heard during the trial? I was listening to the trial the other day as I was getting ready to leave and it sounded like someone using a hand saw. Maybe I just thought it was a handsaw, but I've tried to find that recording again and can't figure out which day I was listening to it live. Can you remember what day of the trial that you're referring to and possibly a timestamp?
I was referring to an analyst who was testifying about how she fit the broken part of a saw back together with a part found at the Holden home, I haven't heard any saws at trial

This guy doesn't seem to have been able to do anything unless it was a lie.

It seems he lied about so many things (big and small) and for a long time. And, it appears no one ever called him out on anything. His pals didn't question his "working" for a police department (diving search and rescue) that never existed, and then there's school, employment, and medical/health exaggerations. He was finally about to face the music and that didn't fit his personal narrative.

It seems he lied about so many things (big and small) and for a long time. And, it appears no one ever called him out on anything. His pals didn't question his "working" for a police department (diving search and rescue) that never existed, and then there's school, employment, and medical/health exaggerations. He was finally about to face the music and that didn't fit his personal narrative.

how I see it, I think he was so wrapped up in the persona he had created that once a challenge was made to this persona he couldn't allow it to happen, so instead of admitting to his lies he murdered to stop the exposure as he was so entrenched in his creation of who he wanted to be he couldn't face people knowing the real Chandler, who was a college drop out with no job, and who played video games all day in his bedroom in his parents house

I think now he has been exposed publicly for all that he has done he wishes he had just admitted to his lies and not murdered his parents, as the exposure of fake Chandler versus real Chandler in public, live streamed on the internet must be intolerable to him, if he had confessed pre the murders to his lies then it would have only been known by family and friends not this public humiliation he is now sitting through

but when he was so entrenched in fake Chandler I don't think he could have accepted any challenge to his creation, which is why he went to the extraordinary lengths he did to muder and dispose of his parents, as to him this was better than admitting to his lies when a challenge was being made to his identity,

the pandemic sure helped Chandler, he could maintain his lies via the different email accounts he set up until he couldn't anymore, it was on the day his father had finally had enough of not getting information about Chandlers degree and they had an actual face to face meeting at the college that would reveal Chandlers lies that he killed his parents

and how extraordinary was he in maintaining many different emails all corresponding with each other and his father, that was a full time job in itself

Could there be any proof A Smith gifted the gun versus selling it to Chandler? I find the idea of someone gifting a gun despite having money problems just surreal, although also understand loyal friendship exists

Could there be any proof A Smith gifted the gun versus selling it to Chandler? I find the idea of someone gifting a gun despite having money problems just surreal, although also understand loyal friendship exists

doesn't matter if he sold it, he did the legal transfer

All these fake emails that Chandler put effort into and seeing his Dad email with “Daniel” asking questions, and at that time, believing the lies Chandler told them. So, so many lies he tried keeping up.

I think what may be the saddest aspect is that, IMOO his family would’ve still wanted to work with him after these lies of his got exposed, they would have still tried to help him a bit, they’d likely be very upset (as they should be) but everything seems to say that they would’ve still tried to help their son. But he couldn’t have that, having to confront his lies and the people he’s lied to was somehow worse than killing, dismembering, and discarding your parents’ remains. It is so crazy and sad.

I listened to the opening statements and the first few days of trial so far....i'm a bit behind. But i'm wondering if we have heard/seen any evidence that Chandler's parents had ANY idea that he would do them harm. Did they ever express suspicion to anyone else about Chandler or was the first evidence of suspicion when his father schedule a meeting with the school to discuss the situation? That all occurred in the few days leading up to the murder, right?

I listened to the opening statements and the first few days of trial so far....i'm a bit behind. But i'm wondering if we have heard/seen any evidence that Chandler's parents had ANY idea that he would do them harm. Did they ever express suspicion to anyone else about Chandler or was the first evidence of suspicion when his father schedule a meeting with the school to discuss the situation? That all occurred in the few days leading up to the murder, right?
from all the witnesses that testified about the family they said they seemed a loving, normal family, Krista was a mum that loved her boys and liked to be in contact all the time, and was if anything overprotective, everybody that knew the family never saw or heard anything amiss till post the murders, and nobody saw anything in Chandler that they thought was off until after the murders,

As someone who recently has incurred whiplash and concussion, I get a bit offended by the lie about a fall down the stairs. It's like stolen valor. Watching him in the police interview complaining about his legs and head, was farcical. He was saying to them if any of them had this problem, then they would know, but he had no clue what it's like.

For anyone trying to catch up, a good summary of the evidence is in the Complaint, it makes for a quick primer on the case. It's not a complete list of course. I've attached a searchable version here.

Attachments

• Halderson Complaint.pdf
    737.9 KB · Views: 19
A couple of times during this trial I've almost expected CH to just stand up and say, "Okay, I'm guilty. We can stop now." :rolleyes:

The jury must be thinking the same, that they've seen enough. The state has an overkill amount of evidence, they could win the case with a fraction of what they got. Like, they already had enough to show he burned the bodies in the fireplace without the flickering light video evidence. Or for the yellow duct tape, they have not only matching cut marks, but also his fingerprint. It's almost like they're just showing off at a certain point.

I do wonder why he'd rather go through this utter humiliation rather than plead guilty. Can he really still believe he can put one over on everyone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back